::: CHEETAHS ::: chattin' away Friday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning & happy Friday, everyone! :) :) :)

Man, my legs were talkin' to me somethin' FIERCE last night after my run & the lunges, but thankfully, they get a break today. :) :) :) PUB is what's on tap.

Susan :: it is *so* good to see you post! Looking forward to Mariah's kindergarten pics. Did she sleep with her backpack on before the first day of school? :)...I'm sorry to hear about Mary's heart troubles and hope that she remains strong during this second round of chemo. What a friend she has in you. Thoughts & prayers comin' your way...YAY! on the running and the healed ITB ~ excellent news!!

Judy :: I go back to the chiro today, so maybe she has the MRI report already...I am not an X-pert (ha-sorry!) as I've only completed one round of it, and my circumstances at the time (some medication issues) might have colored my perceptions a bit. But I think 4 days of cardio might be a bit much. I would try to stick to a Classic rotation the first time you do this and keep it to 3 runs per week. At least for Phase 1 so you can see how your body responds to the heavy lifting (how tired, how hungry you are, etc.) Just my thoughts. I'll be curious to see what our X Goddess Wendy :) says.

Well, that catches me up on the personals. Have a fab Friday, ladies!

TTFN!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Thanks Cathy. So three runs and one kickbox will be too much cardio? Wendy and Carole and P90X grads can you comment also?

I did a DVD loaned out to me from a trainer I am interviewing for my DS. (He need hockey specific off ice conditioning/ training) And, holy moley my but and inner thighs have DOMS. I have not done much lower body work this summer , and this DVD had mainly compound movements with lower and upper body. My upper body did not get any DOMS, but with almost continuous squats and lunges and different varieties of such, It hurts to sit on the toilet now. And I have a run scheduled this morning. It will be short and slow!

ahh enjoy PUB Cathy!

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Hi Amy, Cathy & Judy!

Today will be a 3.5 mile run. I'm so happy today I only work 1/2 day, but will get paid for a whole day. After I leave work I will be getting my hair cut. I'm always putting my hair in a ponytail and I'm so tired of it. I think I want to go back to a short hairdo, which I haven't done in 5 years. That means I would need to get about more 8 inches cut off my hair. A month ago I had 8 taken off then too. However, I'm not 100% sure I will be taking that big step. I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow is the big day we adopt Chelsea. We are so excited about getting her and having a 3 day weekend to try to get her acclimated to us.

I'll try to BBL for personals. Waves to all Cheetahs!!

Judy :: cracked up about the DOMS affecting you on the, um, toilet. That was some workout, huh!...Well, as I said, my experience with the X was definitely affected by medication I was on at the time (I was fatigued with achy muscles and joints at times), so a doubles or lean rotation was not possible for me. I just think the point of the X is to go heavy with weights and minimize the cardio. It's the shocking your body with something totally different that helps the results, IMO. I'm suggesting 3 runs per week so you don't lose ground when it comes to your running. It is something you might have to play with.

Amy :: shhh! None of this talk about summer being over. :) Hope you enjoyed your run. Did you see my question from yesterday about your office setup?

Kristi :: wow, 8 inches of hair! And you just had that much taken off! That would be a big change. I usually go through hair phases, too, where I grow it long and then cut it off. It is certainly more convenient when it is short, but I have kept it relatively long (slightly past shoulder length) for some time now. During the summer, I'm all about the ponytail thing! Anyway, you're gonna have to post a before & after pic for us!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Nice you got some english tech help with the cellphone! So how long til you get the MRI results? So some DOMS from the walking lunges...:)..Have fun with PUB today.

Susan...my thoughts and prayers for your friend Mary. Can't wait to see Mariah 's School pic!!!...and, you have been running??..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/dance.gif[/img]..that is awesome and without ITB pain!!. I have been trying the Chi technique for a couple of weeks now. The biggest plus is if it keeps injuries down for me.

Wendy...I think that is way cool you are already anticipating another half!! I will have to look over training for a half myself if I do LV in DEC!!

Judy...I actually do PLB with my weight machines and bench instead of the workout as produced. I go squats, ext's, curls and calfs the pyramid way. When I did P90X I ran 3 days a week and did my long runs on Sunday. WOW, sounds like you fried the inner thighs....hey, have you ever run with a metronome for Chi running to check your cadence?

Amy..have a good run.

Gayle...enjoy the camping. Hope you got the ants under control.

Kristi...sorry LV won't work out for you...:(...I am sure there will be another cheetah GTG in the future. True, but the shot seemed to help my body all over so I thought wow, every couple of months with any kind of pain??!!...But if you knew me you know I would not get a cortisone shot every few months...:)...I bet you are so excited about tomorrow...

I am doing the original Bodymax upper body section, abs and a 4-5 mile run trying out the metronome for my cadence.

I also ordered Amy's Slo/mo and Adv Step challenge!

Have a great day...:)

Hey Cheetahs:) I'm just catching my breath after a 6K run, nice long shadows this morning:) I'm liking my new car, funny though I feel more like I've adopted it. The fellow I bought it from was completely 'anal' (the dealer's word, not mine) about maintenance and the like and keeps checking with me on little things. Nice though he called last night to say he would throw the roof top carrier in no charge. Yes he's single....no, I'm not interested...been there, done that:eek: ;-) :7

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Carole! How's the eye today?...Let us know how it works out with the metronome...I don't know when the MRI results will be in...maybe today?...Well, this is DOMS that originated from Wednesday's workout, which was GS Legs and a 3-mile run, and just hasn't left! I don't usually work the legs that hard two days in a row like that. And I must say, I didn't feel QUITE as strong during yesterday's run, so today's break will be nice.

ETA: Hi Laurie! Glad you enjoyed your run in some shade. *lol* about your single anal car guy.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy..the eye is much better. The swelling has consistently gone down...I got some new prescription sunglasses and I think I can finally get them fitted today. That GS workout is for sure a legburner. Hope you get some MRI answers today. I will let you know how the metronome run goes, the beeping might drive me nuts though... :+ x(

Hey ladies!

Quick check in to say that I'm not feeling well. I feel like I'm skirting the edges of a cold, but I have the complete gammit of symptoms, including NO energy. ICK. Hope it goes away soon. I'll try to post more later today!

Christine :: oh no! Sorry to hear you're coming down with a bug. Rest up ~ I hope you can lick it. Sending strong, healthy, butt-kickin' cheetah vibes atcha!!!

And where *is* Ms.Wendy today? You out there, girl, not feelin' social??

I guess it's a quiet day for the cheetahs overall.

I had my chiro appt. She looked at the films but did not get the official lab analysis yet. Said she saw one small abnormality but that there was nothing indicative of a tumor (Arnold fans: "It's not a tum-ah!") or MS. So, they will call me.

I need a computer break stretch and then will get back to work here (school stuff). Will BBL to see if any more cheetahs turn up (I hope!)

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: chattin' away (all by myself) :)

I'm back...Some of you asked about my MRI results, so I thought I'd share that the chiro just called...Said that little abnormality is some kind of swelling on the left side of my brain. It could be something I was born with or it could be the result of some kind of trauma (what that would be I don't know). Said there is some extra cerebro-spinal fluid up there, and I guess it's gathered behind my left eye. What this all means I don't know, but I'm supposed to make an appt. with a neurologist now to follow up.

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: chattin' away (all by myself) :)

Cathy - I'm saying prayers for you that this all turns out to be nothing. Glad to hear there is no tumor or signs of MS! My neighbor has MS and what it's done to her is horrible. {{{HUGS}}} and best wishes!

Hi Ladies. I'm here!:)

I am getting ready to do an upper body work out. Not quite sure which one that is yet though. LOL

I am headed to my mom's in a few hours where I will drop Joey off and go over to my friend's house for training session #2!:)

I need java so I'll be back!}(

I'm back to say that I opted for a quickie today. No, not THAT kind of quickie...Jeesh, such dirty minds you ladies have!;) :p }( :7

I did the upper body work from the routine I laid out for my BF. I did 15 reps of each w/heavy weight. Good ol' basic exercises, quick routine, felt great! What more could a girl ask for? I am supposed to do ab work as well but I'm not feelin' it right now. Perhaps I will take my mat along and do abs with my friend tonight while I am training her. }(

Time to hit the showers!:)

G'afternoon Cheetahs!! Busy girl here, this week has just flown by!! I did L & B (P90X) this morning and did my biggest total yet of 23 pullups!!! I got my hair cut last night, a lot of layers & thinning done. I love it, it feels so much lighter & I can actually wear it down again!!

Here's a pic I just snapped...

275525013.jpg

Hope everyone's enjoying this beautiful Friday! Allison & I went to the park earlier & I think we might head out again in a while. It's too nice to be inside! My Mom's coming to visit tomorrow, and then we have a family reunion to go to on Sunday. And then on Labor Day we're having some friends over for a cookout here, so it's going to be a jam-packed weekend! But lots of fun!

Have a good one!

Cathy ~ Hope the MRI turns out to be nothing!! My Mom has been having some problems this week & has been through a lot of tests. Nothing found so far though!

My intentions for posting and keeping up with you are good but time just gets away from me!

I almost hate to say this but my PF is feeling better this week. Seems like when I start to think that way it flares up again. I'm going to stick with just bike and floor leg work for a while. I'll do regular upper body weight lifing and abs of course. Hopefully that, stretching and a little ibuprofen will push things along in the right direction a bit more.

Now that my daughter is back in school I can get away with DH on Fridays to go golfing. It's been years so today we just went to practice putting and chipping. Can't wait to go to the driving range next week.

Please bear with me on the LV trip but I got totally behind in everything this week. Are there any cheetahs (besides Shelly, of course) who are still planning on going?

Christine...hope you can avoid the cold!! Sending well wishes....:)...Congrats for your DD18 getting the dorm room!!

Cathy...sounds like the Chiro is doing the right thing. I think going to a neurologist is the best thing in this case. I know I would go, just to get checked out. I would think we could all have a bit of trauma on our heads! You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Wendy...so you got in a quickie and weights???...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/giggle2.gif[/img]

Jess...your hair looks GREAT!!!!

Elaine...glad to hear about the PF. You know since I have been treating mine and trying the Chi running it seems to be going away! I plan on going to LV and I believe Susan is too. Gayle said she wanted to. Cathy and Kristi had to cancel.

Well, running with the metronome was interesting. I think before I tried it my cadence was about 78 so going to 85 was kinda tough. I might have to ease up there as the cadence thing is still a bit foggy to me. I will say though, it picked up my pace...:)

Checkin’ back in to report I’ve done PUB minus the abs…

Christine :: GREAT news for DD!!!! :) So happy it worked out for her…thank you for the good thoughts & prayers. I appreciate that immensely…How are you feeling?

Wendy :: a quickie with weights, eh? Now THAT’S what I call time management. *lol* Good luck tomorrow in your 5K. The weather should be cooler for you.

Jess :: awesome job on the pull-ups…lookin’ gorgeous there, girl. I’ll bet the lighter hair feels great…thank you for the positive thoughts, too…what kind of problems has your mom had?

Elaine :: unfortunately, LV is out for me…My fingers are crossed for you that your conservative plan pays off and you can be rid of the PF for good…what a stubborn injury!…Glad you enjoyed some golf with DH today. I am a menace on the course.

Carole :: I have never seen a metronome…how do you run with it?…The chiro will not let me off the hook on this one, for sure, so I have a referral request in with my primary and will get in there as soon as possible…thank you, too, for keeping me in thought & prayer.

I watched some of Prince Harry’s memorial speech for his mother. What an eloquent speaker. So sad that they lost their mother prematurely. I cannot believe it is already 10 years. I remember opening up the newspaper and reading that headline with great shock.

All right, cheetahs, have a good night...thanks again for the support...and talk to you in the AM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.