:::: CHEETAHS :::: bring out the beast Wed.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :) :) :)

[font color=firebrick]Sunny[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] I felt the same way when I took a break from the 4DS…Am happy to be back to it! IA with you about IX+.

[font color=firebrick]Wendi[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] love that :: “cheetastic” day! Too cute.

[font color=firebrick]Lorie[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] Same here with the weather.

[font color=firebrick]Judy[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] ACK! A mammo. Glad it’s out of the way…the thread you mentioned is just absurd. I see Cathe/SNM changed the language on the blog as a result.

[font color=firebrick]Dallas[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] I did have off on Nov. 6; that was the first time ever. Smiling at snow up to the “thighses.” Cute!

[font color=firebrick]Christine[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] I totally forgot about Mardi Gras. I’ve been lettin’ the good times roll a little TOO much over by the refrigerator. *lol* The past two days I have been back on track, though… I like Bosu Blast, too, but I have to say (and this is odd for someone who is usually slow to catch on), it did seem just a tad bit repetitive to me. Re: the forums…tell you the truth, I don’t think any guy I know would choose to hang around here, period. Let alone come in and cause drama.

[font color=firebrick]Carole[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] Oh you did? I may have missed it. I asked a few other people and no one rem’d, either. No big deal. :7 Both your and Christine’s recipes made my mouth water. That’s my kinda snack!!!

[font color=firebrick]Jackie[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] *lol* about traveling with just a change of underwear. Hope you’re on your way to bouncing back.

[font color=firebrick]Shelly[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] How cool of you to run a tough first HM with your friend…how’s the househunting coming along?…Well, many of my students are already readers. I never let myself take too much credit for anything! :) But it’s a few of the non-readers who are now starting to dig it that really get me pumped.

[font color=firebrick]Lori[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] Ha ha! You win the bad pun of the day award. (Sore-y!) :7 Love it. So, what are you trying to do with those maniacal workouts of yours—disappear altogether? ;) :7 And you were playing Tetris while running??? :7 You are just too funny! But Shelly just may be de-throned as crazy cheetah.

[font color=firebrick]Linda [/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] Oh my goodness, I love your new avatar! Whatta cutie! Sorry about the lost post. Doesn’t it figure the one time you don’t use Word? Sweet that you got out of work early!

[font color=firebrick]Kristi[/font] [font face="Symbol"]»[/font] Boy, those young’ns of yours have kept you runnin’ to the docs lately, eh? Glad it’s nothing serious with DS.

I have a workshop this morning and don't have to go in as early. So I'm going to work out (Bosu Ski) in a few minutes and get it out of the way.

Have a day! :7

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hello cheetah friends,

i am on my way out of the door but wanted to get in my workout for today. total body X+ and a yoga segment from flexible warrior.

cathy- so glad you enjoyed that workout. something told me you would;-) the only one i downloaded was itread drills. kinda disappointed there were only 4 selections this month:( . did you get the boxing one you asked about in o/d? if i remember correctly jackie also has the one.

kristi- glad to hear all is well with your ds and dd.

alrighty got get to work, TTYL:D

i never did make it back for personals yesterday, did i? ;-) as cathy knows, this time in the schools is proabably the busiest. i have heard a saying that we really earn our paychecks from february to may. soooooo true. for school psychologists, that is when we start getting all the referrals from the teachers (they get to know the kids a lot better by then) and all our re-evaluations comee due. not to mention all the daily crap! ugh!

anyway, i am thinking bosu blast and a legs premix of some sort. i did two hours of eoin last night and it was great!

love to you all!!!

Good morning ladies!

Um, Lorie, can I borrow tantrum girl??????

So, after experiencing some of the most excruciating pain of my life yesterday (besides kidney stones) I went to have some films taken of my foot. Good news is that they're clean. There was one questionable spot but when she palpated it...nada when she said I should have leapt off the table. Diagnosis...the dreaded PF ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( . Do you think those are enough tears to cover it? I asked about my HM and she said there was a chance, but there would be no training time up until and, to be perfectly honest, I don't think the pain will be gone by then. I think I deserve tantrum girl for this one, don't you think?

I'm supposed to stay off of it for the time being until it quiets down a little but I can't not work so that's just not an option. Of course the riding is ridiculously painful but, whatchagonnadoaboutit?

So, that's it for me for now, I guess. I will refocus my workouts a little but there's not really much I can do for right now. How appropriate that yesterday was fat Tuesday as today I've got to go back to a strict eating plan...hey, I did it once, I can do it again. If I stay between 1200 and 1500 cals a day I can shed a little without the cardio, especially if I stay with very light to no weight. I figure if I do something like this (I'll start this Thurs)...

Th - KPC/L&G premix (there's one with the combos *punching only*, some L&G, and KPC abs)
F - rest
S - MIS + abs, no LB
S - B&G, no abs
M - HSC, no cardio?...No clue here. Tues will be a rest day (I'll tell you why in a minute ;)). Should I go total body, and go easy on legs?

I'm going on vacay with SO to Canada Tues through Thurs. I will have access to the fitness room at the hotel on Wed but, other than a TM, I'm not sure what might be there. The only equipment I could bring would be a band so I'm trying to figure out how to put a total body workout together using only that.

ANY thoughts that you very imaginative ladies may have would be EXTREMELY helpful. I know you ALL can come up with some mighty tough torture, er workouts }( :p.

Sorry about the VERY self-centered post...can you tell I'm feeling just a wee bit sorry for myself at the moment ;(? I'm going to try and catch up with personals. BBIAB.

Just a quick post to report Bosu Ski is done...Great sweatfest! I'm really diggin' this workout. Had abs on the rotation schedule, too, but this one already incorporates some decent core work in it, so I don't think it's necessary.

Sunny :: I was SOOO pumped when I saw that it was a ski workout. Thank you, thank you!! It's a good one, regardless of whether or not you ski. Pretty quad intensive. I didn't download the kb one. Not sure if I will. How often would you say you use it?

Lorie :: I do understand the busy factor! Hope today's a good one for ya.

Wendi :: so sorry you've been diagnosed, but I'm glad you went and had it checked. It would've been so much worse had you ignored it. At least now you know what you're dealing with and can treat it wisely. Some time away sounds perfect for you.

OK, gotta jet, my friends! BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Mornin' Cheetahs!:)

I have to work this morning and then I get to try Upper Body+ for the first time! YIKES!}(

Y'day I did the leg work out I created for a friend (good burn!) and then kenpo cardio+. I'm getting better at kenpo. I started catching on more to the moves that really confused me the first time. :)

The crud is still lingering but not getting any worse and it's not bad right now at all actually. The worst thing is that I get a sore throat every night-UGH. Beyond that I feel fine right now...knock on wood. I'm just gonna keep popping the airborne until I'm at 100%! Thank goodness it's not keeping me from my work outs. :)

Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday. It was one of those "where did the day go" days. LOL I got up and went to work, came home did lunch, put DS down, exercised, showered and was headed to MIL's for dinner before 5pm. By the time I got home I didn't have the energy for personals and was in bed my 10pm....the earliest I've been in bed in weeks!:eek:

I've got lots of catchin' up to do......

Cathy: Glad you re-gained control of your eating before it truly did any harm. A few pounds (I assume that's the most you've gained) is easily reversible and I know you'll get that taken care of in no time!:) Glad you are enjoying your bosu skiing vid. Perhaps I should have purchased that one in preparation for prez day weekend!;) Last night we asked my inlaws if they would watch Joey from Friday to Sunday that weekend so now I'm getting uber excited to go!:+

Sunny: Oh A/C+ is definately TOUGH STUFF but ARX will probably always kick the poop outta me. }( Do you have issues with swinging while you are hanging on the pull up bar? I find that I have to really slow down my reps or I'll start to swing back and forth. How do they do the exercises at that pace w/o the momentum??

Wendi: ((((HUGS))))) Do what you have to get that PF under contol as fast as you can girl! Be glad you found it NOW! I hope you can run your intended HM but if not, there's always the one we will do together this summer!;)

Lorie: LOL about 2 glasses of wine and you were gone. I'm the same way...with wine atleast. It goes straight to my head. Gotta love it!;)

Judy: Enjoy the book!:)

Carole: Hope you enjoyed your LIC premix y'day. Great work out on tap for today. I have Tracey's parts series and like it so I am hoping I'll like the kb work out. Granted I've never done her cardio before but I'm still hopin'! Perhaps the weighted gloves will help!:)

Jackie: So why are you not eating as much? Did I miss something?

Kristi: Glad it's nothing serious with your DS. Let me know when you get the shipping notice. Hopefully you'll get that before I get an answer to my email.

Shelly: You are so cool for being willing to run with your coworker at her pace to keep her going. :) I am definately "hiring" you for this job when I run my first full mary! }(

Linda: The leg work out I created is not the calibur of Cathe's Leg Blast Premix but I certainly felt it!}( So who's the adorable little girl in your avatar??

Lori: I am going as heavy as I can with the X+. I can't say I'm going HEAVIER. These are brandnew work outs so I'm starting from scratch figuring out what works for me. I don't put Cathe away completely during the X. I will visit with her often for leg work outs and perhaps some cardio as well if I need a change. :)

Looks like that should catch me up!

BBL!:)

Good Morning!

Just wanted to check in but I don't have time for personnals. I have decided not to go to bed and go shopping instead:) I had a easy night at work, slept most of the time. Sometimes I think its just my mind telling me I need to go to bed:)
Todays workout will be a long run and abs. I had only intended on doing a run but I may end up pulling out 4DSBC and KB again!

Have a good day all my cheetah friends:) And I will be back later to catch up on anything I may have missed!

Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs –

Today is All Body Attack and I may follow it with some of the circuit workout on CIA Double Cardio – if I have the energy. Or kettlebells. We’ll see. I don’t have to leave until 9:30 – I can work from home this morning – because I have to be at an event we’re giving locally for the 11AM Keynote speech from our CEO. So, I’m happy!

Lorie – wow, what a workout you had yesterday! I thought we were all addicted to our computers… :p

Jackie – I was looking at Seasun on line and I see what you mean about keeping up! Of course, being the masochist I am, I’ll have to try one! :p I voted yesterday morning on my way to work. I always say if you don’t vote, you can’t complain. :p

Linda – Who is that ADORABLE little girl in your Avatar? She’s soo cute! What a smile! I hate when I lose posts! Ick! Yeah, BOSU Blast was fun! I about bounced all over the place, but it was fun! Nice run!

Judy – Hope you’re not snowed in! We’re finally having some nice weather here. Great job on the run! I would be tired too!

Kristi – No fun being constipated and gassy especially when you’re small. Hope DS is feeling better soon!

Cathy – the last two days, I’ve been letting the good times roll as well. Time to tighten up the diet or my pants will be starting to tighten up again and I don’t want that. I can see BOSU Blast being a tad bit repetitive, especially after the fourth or fifth time you do it, but I do like the abs! :p OUCH! I’m with you on the drama. I’m just going to stay away and not even read the Open forums for a while.

Sunny – I was also disappointed in the lower selection at iTrain this month. Great workout! I agree with staying with the nice friendly folks and forgetting about the nasty ones on the O/D threads. :p

Lorie – Oh, hope work isn’t as crazy! I can see that this time of year is tough for school psychologists! I also think winter starts to settle in and bother people. Even here in “sunny” California the short days and rain get to us. Have fun with BOSU Blast!

Wendi – Oh man! I’d so sorry to hear about your foot!! Is there a way you can wrap it so it doesn’t hurt to ride? Man that must be tough. Your trip to Canada sounds fun and should rest your foot pretty well! Do you have P90X? The leg workout in that one can be done with bands. Just be careful and don’t starve yourself – you want to heal! I’m with you on the getting serious, though – I’ve been not-so-good the last few days, so it’s time to get back in gear. No meat for me for the next 40 days.

Wendy – I’m hearing that P90X + is much harder than the original! I’m a bit scared of it! Glad the crud is not getting any worse.

After listening to the speech, I’m coming home and working from home. It will be a nice switch. Everyone wants to go to all of the meetings, but I’ve been to so many of similar events that I don’t want to sit and listen to the same old, same old!

Some of the precincts here in San Jose ran out of ballots – I guess that’s a good thing – means people were out voting! It was weird using paper ballots after voting electronically for the last 5 years.

Good mornng cheetahs

Cathy...I might have to revisit 4DS weights workout after my GS rotation! My DH really liked the bean dip. Christine's recipe also looked great, I will have to try it some day..:)..Sounds like you enjoyed that iTread...

Sunny...thanks for the iTrain info! Good job with Total Body X and yoga.

Lorie...glad you are enjoying yoga. Have a good workout today.

Wendi...so sorry about the PF diagnosis. When I had it it was in my heel only and massaging with the golf ball really helped. Here is what the "Pain Free" guy (Pete Egoscue) says about PF: "The plantar fasciitis is the result of foot arch stress due to improper foot mechanics. This is a muscular problem that originates primarily from your pelvic girdle (hips). This is all to say, it is not your foot's fault! Remember, as the old song goes, foot bone connected ankle bone, ankle bone connected to shin bone, and so on.Good news...even though it hurts when you run, the running isn't the cause, but rather the position of the foot at foot strike. Your feet are designed to point straight ahead, at 12:00. When they don't, the arches become compromised and the fascia strained". If you get a chance you might want to check out his book, I think the exercises in the foot section and hip section could help...:)..I think a vacation with your SO is great therapy right now...

Wendy...glad the crud is still letting you work out. i thought it bizarre as the last time I had the crud I never got a sore throat, as that is usually how it starts with me! I will say I liked some of Tracey's floorwork for legs in the KBX workout but that was all...

Lori...I am not real sore from GS BSB as I did the Timesaver version. I normally do the whole workout using the Mix & Match feature so I can do one back ex, one shoulder ex and one bicep ex, and then repeat, I can always lift heavier if I do the workout like that. Have a nice run and ab workout today.

Jackie...Yes! I think Eli and Peyton's parents are quite proud of those 2!! S&A is my fav of the P90X workouts. I did my duty and voted too yesterday.

Shelly...what a great thing to do by running the half with someone you encouraged. A good way to remove all stress about the race for you...:)...I have always wanted to help somebody in that way...I had a bit of pain yesterday. I changed up the e-cises I was doing from Pain Free and I don't think that was good, I need to stay on the hip ones a bit longer as they seemed to be helping more.

Christine...I know I will be able to survive on sundays, I have some spring cleaning I can tackle. I might watch the Pro Bowl, but it has never excited me much. Now if I was in Hawaii watching...:)..So Jerry was ousted from the Billy forums, not surprising...:)..Your dip recipe sound wonderful. Thanks, I copied it!

Linda..DH loved the bean dip, he was still eating some last night! I have done a few LIC premixes...they are fun. Good job with the run and GS floorwork yesterday.

Judy...I don't remember when I last did a S&H rotation? You can ramble anytime...:)...Where are you and DH vacationing?

Kristi...I hope ds is better today. We installed our laminate ourselves. Once you get the prep over it goes fairly smoothly.

I am doing PLB floorlegs and 40 min on my Nordic.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies. I’m pretty caught up on personals since I posted last night. It was another sleepless night. DH and I were up until 2 am due to tornado warnings. Of course the kids slept through the very strong storm and 70 mph winds, but as soon as we went to bed and the storm passed they both woke up 4 times between the hours of 3 and 5. 6 a.m. came really early this morning.

Today during lunch I will be going to Ash Wednesday mass to kick off the Lenten season. Then tonight after the kids are in bed I will be doing a hilly itread. Not sure which one yet. I want to go to itread and look at buying some new ones. I’m really liking them. The thing I like most about the itreads are the breakdowns for runners, joggers, and walkers. It really helps me to push my limits.

Wendi – Sorry about your diagnosis. Your vacation away with your SO will be much needed with all the work you have been doing lately. Try to enjoy your time off. I know you must be very disappointed about the possibility of not being able to run your HM, but there will be other HMs. Take this time to take care of yourself. You will bounce back in no time.

Wendy – I’ll let you know when I get the email. Hopefully it will be today, but Friday is okay too. No matter what, I won’t be able to do workouts consistently until after my April HM.

Carole – I hope the prep will go well. We will be putting new flooring down in our dining room/kitchen, utility, and ½ bath. We will need to do a lot of cutting and moving of appliances. It will be a lot of work since our floor plan is not an open one. It will be worth all the work though in order to have beautiful floors.

Well, I need to get some work done. I’ll talk to you all later. WAVES to all Cheetahs!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Linda - Nothing better than getting to go home early. They don't automatically renew your annual iTrain membership. You will have to contact them. Had lots of stormy weather last night. Good job on your run.

Lori - Don't you just hate when you're trying to post to your friends and you keep getting interrupted? Enjoy your shopping.

Judy - Good job on the 8 miles!

Cathy - Glad you enjoyed your workout. Hope the workshop is not too boring today.

Kristi - Glad DS had nothing serious. We had 3 tornado warnings but no damage at my house. The office where I normally work on Monday and Wednesday had a lot of damage in the area. A college dorm got hit. Needless to say, I'm not working in that office today. Glad you and your family are safe.

Sunny - I do have one of the iTrain boxing workouts. But, I've only done it once because I need visual in front of me showing me the moves.

Lorie - Have a good workout whatever you decide to do.

Wendi - Sorry to hear about the PF diagnosis. ((((HUGS)))) Can you do any lower body workouts, maybe some floor work?

Wendy - Take care of that cold and don't let it get the best of you. Glad you're getting better at Kenpo. The antibiotics I was taking last week wreaked havoc with my appetitie. Food didn't taste right and I was eating a lot of soup.

Christine - You're a braver person than I am attempting Seasun's other cardio workouts. If I didn't think it would bother my knees, I might give it a shot. Enjoy working from home. It's nice to have those options.

Carole - I think S&A might be my favorite P90X workout too. I don't feel so drained after doing it this morning. Enjoy your workout.

I did P90X S&A and ARX. Felt much more energized this morning. I may be able to make it through the month.

Gotta get some work done. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

wendi-this is for you...you TOTALLY deserve it: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif
how's that?! do a search on PF on these forums. there is a lot of great advice.

cathy-another busy one today but i am determined to take some time out for important things (like cheetah personals! ;-) )

wendy-oh yeah, i was definitely hurting the next morning. i took the day off and did 2 hours of eoin that evening. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_6.gif

christine-you are so right about the weather being a factor. right now, it is absolutely pouring and we are waiting out a tornado watch that is supposed to end at 2 PM. i worry about my babies that are home...

carole-i am enjoying my yoga very, very much. i am anxiously waiting for my other eoin dvd to come along with my yoga for stress dvd.

kristi-so, so sorry about the sleepless night. I know ALL about those!

jackie-you will DEFINITELY make it through the month!!!

so, i did the legs premix from 4DS and bosu blast all the way through. i really like that w/o. i liked the legs premix for a quickie leg workout. i was amazed that in 25 minutes (i skipped calves, my calf muscles are really big i guess from running) i burned 190 calories! i hope i'm not sore tomorrow!

well, off to work! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_4_24.gif guess which one i am...

Good Morning!

Sorry I never got back here. I had some curve balls thrown at me y-day. I did get my workout in before the kids got up. It was a short one, but at least it was something. I did iTread #26/30 and then GSL (standing). Today, I did 4D-Double Cardio premix (both step workouts). I still have GS-C&T to do. I'll be starting that as soon as I catch up here. I'm enjoying my coffee right now. :)

I'll have to start from here for personals, but I promise to go back and read everything. :)

Jackie ~ Glad all is well there. I was watching the election results and there was breaking news for TN. Are you close to the areas hit? Unbelievable weather for winter! :( Glad you got your energy back. I was having some low energy days too...I think we need the sun!!

Kristi ~ I've been enjoying the iTreads too. It makes treadmill running much better. I have to admit though, I'm getting tired of the treadmill. I may have to add more spinning into the mix. Greek Easter isn't until April 27th. I like it when regular & Greek Easter are the same. So, Lent doesn't start until March 10.

Wendi ~ Yes, you deserve tantrum girl!!! :( So sorry! I heard a frozen bottle of water is good to roll your foot over for PF. Could that ART therapy work for that type of injury? That just stinks!!!

Carole ~ I like how you do GS-BSB. I'll have to try that next time. Do you do GS-C&T like that too? You do the whole workout and not the timesaver like that, right?

Christine ~ Way to go on the weight loss!! I have to say when all that sexygymanst (not sure if that's the right spelling of her username) stuff happened I started not posting on the OD as much. It's sad that you say there's mean threads out there now. :( I usually only go there if someone points one out. How are you working Iron Core into the mix? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Lori ~ Have fun shopping! Guess your weather is ok to be out and about. Can't say the same here. :( ha ha on the "friendly Cheetahs except for Wendy" LOL! I'll have to send you two to your rooms. ;-)

Wendy ~ Sorry that you're slightly under the weather. I swear it's this goofy weather up and down with the temps. It's been uneventful here - just little viruses that have popped up here and there. At least you can still work out!! :) I've had my share of days like that too..."where did it go??".

Cathy ~ Love your new avatar! So, you really like Bosu Ski. I can't ski so I can't be enabled right....LOL! ;-)

Lorie ~ I didn't know that's what you do. How do you deal with "mean girl" syndrome. DD is having some issues with a few. She's such a sweety and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. How's the running been going? Everything feeling fine? Wow! 2 hours of Eoinn!!?! So, which one are you on your emoticon? ;-) You and Cathy find some neat emoticons! :)

Sunny ~ Don't worry about calling..it's so busy for everyone...all the time. :( I completely understand. What kind of spin bike did you get? Do you use iCycles? All I want it an elliptical and my workout room will be complete. LOL! ;-)

Shelly ~ That's nice of you to run with your friend. Want to be my friend too? ha ha! That's part (or most) of the reason I haven't signed up for a race yet. Sedona sounds wonderful! Enjoy! :)

Linda ~ Nice workout y-day! What's your plan today?

Judy ~ DM (Dreadmill)? ha ha!!! IA! :) Great run y-day!

Hi Posh, Marcia & any other Cheetahs!

I'll be back after GS-C&T....I'll be in all day today. BRRRR, more snow on the way! :(

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Hiya cheetahs! I'm off to a good start with my resolutions this week. Finished with the federal tax return and will do the state today plus organize my files:7 :7 I had a nice 7 mile run yesterday... feeling strong on the hills:) but only did the standing portion of GS legs... that was enough! No more leg workout for this week if I want to do that tough HM on Sat. even if I'm not going to be pushing it!

Jackie- Glad to hear you found your lost energy supply!!! Kudos to you for resolving to stick with this for a month... something I could never do I have to admit. LOL about the Toilet Bowl... I missed that one!

Carole- You are right about the stress relief with the HM. I had originally thought of just running this one like I usually do but wasn't looking forward to it to be honest cuz it is so tough... just didn't quite feel up to the challenge. I really should do more races like this, just for the fun of it and to support someone.
I'm sure doing the specific E-cizes for your problem areas will get you right back on track again. I've already loaned out my copy to a friend who was alot of back pain problems.

Christine- Very ambitious workout for you today! I just love both of Sharon's All Body workouts-- they are tough tough!!! How great that you have this option to work at home now and then!!

Lori- Awesome TM workout yesterday. I truly think you have this crazy old cheetah beat on toughness!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: A long run AND
4DS BC and KB:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I bow to you buff girl!

Wendy- I'm thinking your immune system is every bit as strong as the rest of your body... you can defeat any old crud that tries to invade!!! Hey girl... I haven't forgotten my pledge to you. I'm right there with you when you're ready for your first full mary!

Wendi- Poor cheetah! Sending you mega sympathy vibes re: your PF.
There is lots of hope though! Honest, this is a VERY manageable thing. Carole's advice is excellent, proper foot placement is crucial. You also may want to check out the book I mentioned earlier.. The Runner's Repair Manual. The author is a podiatrist and he doesn't take the position that you just simply have to stop running. He offers wonderful suggestions for immediate relief.
In the meantime... cycling is a great way to get a fabulous non impact workout, there's probably one in the fitness room of the hotel. Glad to hear you are getting away for some R&R... you definitely deserve it!!!!!!

Lorie- YOu do sound like a busy cheetah! Teachers are worth their weight in gold and simply do not get paid enough IMHO.

SunnyD- You've enabled me to go check out the iTreads when I'm done here!!! Hope you have a great day.

Cathy- Actually this will be my young nurse friends 3rd HM but the other two were on fairly easy terrain. She kept asking me about this course, which I've done before and was obviously quite nervous about it. It really perked her up when I offered to run it with her.... very gratifying! anyway, they give out really cool finishing medals ;-) Your Bosu ski workout sounds like the ideal one for you I have to say! You're two favorite activities all in one. There are alot of great prospects re: houses in PA we are looking at. DH will likely take a trip there in April or May.

Kristi- Glad to hear that your DS's problem was simply gas.... although that can be quite painful... poor little guy! Hopefully some simple dietary changes can help. I lived for a while in your area of the country and remember all the tornado warnings, this is an unusual time of the year for them though! Good luck with your long iTread today.

Judy- I was so proud of my kitties yesterday. My huge loverboy Rio was his usual sweet self but even my feisty fluffy ChiChi was well behaved. I guess the vet assistant has had some bad kitty experiences cuz she kept remarking about how nice they were.
Wow, quite a TM workout for you the other day!!!!!!!

Linda- Hey, we did almost identical workouts yesterday... must have been on the same wavelength;-)

Time to get moving here. For today it'll be GS BSB and a 4-5 mile run. Later some Ab/core work.... not sure exactly what yet.

ShellyC

Hi Dallas! Posting together today! Best of luck with those drop sets! Since I'll be relocating to the Eastern half of the country soon one of my goals someday is to do the Chicago Marathon... nice and flat! So are you up for it?

ShellyC

cathy- just fyi- the strengthn box workout is not KB, it's boxing. i use it for my heavy bag. i absolutely can not wait for cathe's MMA series.

jackie- i hope your energy levels really pick up you are the energizer bunny!!

shelly- there are only 4 new ones but i like the sound of the drills and cathy loves the itreadski one.

lorie(sporty) you deserve to be tantrum girl. i love it!

wendy- i have no idea how they do it. i know esp after completing the UB workout i cannot hang as long as them. the only X+ workout i have yet to try is kenpo and i can't wait. i really hope i like that one.

wendi- i think lorie can share tantrum girl with you today. i am so sorry about the HM. hopefully your foot will heal quickly.

carole- sounds like you really got alot of great info from the pain free book. thanks for sharing! is your nordic a elliptical?

dallas- thanks for understanding. great workout today and yesterday! i know what you mean about the TM i get tired of it at times also. i got a powerspin (made by golds gym) bike from walmart. i really like it! i have an ellipitical but not a TM at home. I sold mine to my sister thinking I could convince dh i needed a new one. he loves to inform me being that I would at 3 different gyms i don't need a TM at home:p

christine- agreed! i am so happy you are loving all of your new workouts:D

after IX yesterday i added 3 rounds of 2 KB swings...WOW, what a workout in it's self!!!:7

I’m back briefly, before I head out for my one hour drive to a one hour meeting. Stupid, isn’t it? I have to go listen to the CEO speak so the room looks more full. Go figure. Then I’m driving home and working from home! YEAH! Did All Body Attack followed by BMax 1 Power Circuits on the BOSU. I have to do All Body Attack again before I can tell you if I like it. It’s VERY different. I like a lot of the moves, but she started to lose me with the step over the head part. I’ll do it again next week to see how I feel.

Carole – I’m not too worried about Sundays either. I’ll drag DH out on a long trail run – that will resolve that. He’ll be too tired to miss football! :p To be fair, Jerry chose to leave the BB forums, not the other way around, but the reason for his leaving was very interesting. I like having options for bean dip! As I’m working from home this afternoon and I have some dip left over, I’m thinking I’ll have that for my snack at 4:00. Can’t wait to try yours, either! I also wrote it down!

Kristi – Oooh, how scary! Sorry you got no sleep, but I’m so glad that you were not affected too badly by the storms! They were bad! I’m kicking off my Lenten season today as well.

Jackie – I said I was THINKING of trying Seasun! She does scare me a bit, but Amy is kind of scary too! If I do, I’ll let you know if it will bother your knees! :p Glad your energy is returning!

Lorie – I’m praying for your babies, you and the kids you are with. Hope all do well today! Those tornados are scary! I hope you’re not sore either! Hmm, after that workout, I’d guess you’re the snoozing smiley! :p

Dallas – I’m still figuring out the kettlebells and where they fit. I really need to start training for my 10.6 miler end of April, so I’m thinking of a running/kettlebell rotation. I figure it will allow me to really focus on the kettlebells, and I can see just what they do. I am with you – I’m just going to avoid the O/D. It’s so disheartening, though – that so many weirdos are now on the Cathe boards. Oh well…

Shelly – Well, I did All Body Attack and decided both were a little too ambitious, so I added the Power Circuits from Body Max 1 on the BOSU – that was fun. Enjoy GS BSB and your run!

Sunny - if you do the swings right, they most certainly ARE a workout! Wow! I really like my kettlebells!

Well, I guess I should Jimdog to doggie day care, and then get myself off to the meeting. Have fun everyone!

Hey Girls!

Just wanted to report my workout and then I have to stretch these tired,tight legs before DS wakes up.
I did a 10 mile run (first 6 miles were a at a steadier pace,increasing every 2 miles with incline and speed) and the last 4 miles were hills and intervals. I also did ME abs.
Alright, gotta stretch and get a shower.Then I will come back for personnals!

Lori:)

Hello Again!

I finished upper body, and with the help of my platemates I was able to go a little heavier. Still not hoisting up those 20 pounders like Cathe. LOL! I just love the GS series and how they make me feel. "We want to pump you up!" What skit is that from??? :7 Actually doing GS is making me more excited about STS!!! I know it's going to be a loooonnnggg time before we get them. The blog has been updated, did you see?

OK, from catching up.... I've written down two books and bookmarked two things. :eek:

Christine ~ I had to LOL on your "weirdo" comment. Yep, plan on staying right here with my posts, ;-) I do think Volume 2 of Iron Core is harder. Its those deck squats. I did better the second time around with them. I've got some work to do with them. It had to get used to the "step over the head" too in All Body Cardio. I'm waiting for All Body Attack. I thought that I'd have it by now. :(

Wendi ~ You asked what I was making...I made my mil a slide show using iDVD. It was my first project on iDVD. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but want to learn more about it that application....ha ha in my spare time. ;-)

Cathy ~ I can just see you swinging the kettlebells around in Target. :7 Congrats on your Iron Core purchase. I don't think you'll regret it. Your x-trainer link looked interesting.

Lori ~ Way to go on the run! Wow - all on the treadmill!! You go girl!! }(

Shelly ~ Absolutely, but I have A LOT of work to do...should probably start out with the half or something??? I've been trying to entice some of my friends to sign up with me for the Shamrock Shuffle....so far no takers. :(

Sunny ~ I had some issues with my spin bike the first several months. :( Its fine now, but what a pain. Enjoy your new toy! :) I would love a new TM too. I keep wishing mine would break down, but I want one on order too. ;-) You called while I was venting to my friend about a family issue. LOL! I'll call you back in a bit. :)

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

HI Cheetahs-

It has been a different day so I am just now posting. it is kind of like Wendy with, "where has the time gone?"

Christine- how did you like BM power circuits on the bosu? I watched imax original while on the TM today to see if I might like it on the bosu. i do not thinks so. It has too many 'v-steps'.

Lori- 10 miles on the TM? yikes! good job!

Shelly- nice going getting the 'to do items' off your list! It helps when the kitties are good for the vet visits!

Wendi- Not PF! dang it all! But you can beat it. IA about cycling in the hotel and doing a search here and following Carole's advice!. I have posted a few times about my experiences with PF.

Dallas- Thanks for the not on the blog update. have fun with the GS. Are you getting any DOMS?

Lorie- I hope you can get through these next few very busy months with time to enjoy and time to work on your dissertation. Of course you have to keep Cheetahville on the top of your priority list! Did I tell you I voted for Linus multiple times!?

Well, Ds ended up needing to come home sick from school this morning. So I changed my plans for the day. While he was resting I rearranged the Great Room furniture. I have rearranged it several times in the 18 months that we have lived here . This is an obsession of mine~~ trying to get the 'right fit' & 'right feel' in a room. It has to be comfortable, and not cluttered. And, every seat has to be well lit and have a good view of the TV.

Today's workout was Leaner Legs (am) and 3 mile TM run (afternoon).

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.