::: CHEETAHS ::: the Bosu Bunch Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/mornincoffee2.gif

I have been up since 2 am. Had a nightmare that I was pregnant. ACK! *lol*

Let me catch up with personals...

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I did receive an email ~ thanks. What do I need to do now?…We went to a place called The Redstone Grill. Have one of those up by you? It was good. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make my early escape and stayed much later than planned. Sorry, TFH, that means I didn’t work out, BUT I promise I’ll make it up today with something BEASTLY! *lol* Anyway, what happened was, just when I was about to make my exit according to plan, one of our friends who’s a single mom suddenly went off about some issues she’s been having lately with the baby’s father and his family, and obviously, it’s no time to leave when a friend needs you! Yep, that was pretty much the weather here in South Jersey, too. Raining so hard, it was seeping through the doors. One of the kids reported to another teacher: “Um, it’s raining in my locker.” *lol*

Kristi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] So glad you were able to get in a nice, long much-needed nap. There is no rest for a mom, is there?

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Favorite abs is on Bosu Blast…favorite circuit on the Bosu is HSC, which is my favorite circuit overall. I found the sport-specific DVDs here: http://www.fitnessquest.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=fq/prodbrws.html?vend=000031 but have noticed they’re also on Amazon. No difference in price…Glad DD is havin’ fun rockin’ out! Shelly is right ~ she’ll remember that forever.
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_party0007.gif

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] We had a morning of black ice the other week, and I couldn’t believe it, but I was getting tailgated, too. Mind you, I drive to work in the dark every day! I say go ahead and pass me, fool. I’ll see you up ahead when you wrap yourself around a telephone pole. Probably not what Jesus would say, eh? I'd better tune in to the Christian station! :7

Lorie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] ACK! Sorry about the flooding. How’s that situation?

Judy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Not yet. I am scheduled for next weekend. I found a place that charges the same price for 90 minutes that my spa charges for 60. Did Waldo come back? I’m betting he did. He’s no dummy.

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] So far so good at work. But I do notice people start to treat you differently. It’s interesting. Any special plans this weekend?

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Way to plow on through a less-than-ideal run!

Posh[font face="Symbol"]©[/font] whoo, you went to town yesterday, girl! Enjoy! You earned it. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/blingbling.gif

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] sending strong anti-bug vibes your way!…Nope, no bangin’ on the drums :)…I worked like a madwoman, actually, with grades due on Monday.

So, as mentioned to Wendy above, I didn't come home as early as I would've liked and therefore did not work out last night. I'd figured on playing it by ear, anyway, so I'm not upset with myself this time. One of our friends really needed some support and listening ears, and that was the thing to do. I've turned down last-minute invitations b/c of workouts before, so it's bound to happen the other way around once in awhile, too.

I do need to re-group this weekend. My BFL-style rotation plan was not successful this month. I haven't been adhering strictly to the plan during the last 3 of 4 weeks. I've concluded, in retrospect, that now was not the time to put myself new to a new physical challenge. Things are just too crazy and I'm running myself ragged. So, I will put together something that's realistic and time-efficient for my needs over the next 8 weeks and the focus may be more on maintenance rather than loss.

I'm sure there will be nap in my near future, but today's plan is u/b and cardio TBD. Also: work, a little Wii, and more work. I'll pop in when I need some breaks.

Have a GREAT day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning Cheetahs!

Once again, MIA Cheetah reporting for duty! I actually got lucky and had a *very* short day yesterday due to that wicked ice storm yesterday but, when I got home, I crashed HARD! Meaning I sat down on the couch around noon and didn't wake up until around 5:00, then went to bed at 8:00 and slept (even overslept) until 5:30 this morning. Lazy much?!?! I haven't done that in a looooong time.

I also have no workouts to report since Thursday's BC on account of no energy and a very strange pain that developed in my left foot Thurs morning at work and has been sticking around ever since. It's a sharp, stabbing pain on the outside of my arch that spreads across the arch and up the outside of my leg, all the way to the knee when it's really bad, but only on the push away. If I just stand on it flat there's nothing. In fact, I was worried about bowling on Thursday night as it is my sliding foot but it didn't give me one ounce of trouble (in fact I almost threw another 300...had the first 10 strikes). Any thoughts? I *could* push through and workout but I figured I should probably rest it for a couple of days with my HM coming up.

Alrighty, enough chatter about me. I'll be back with personals in a bit.

Good morning ladies,

cathy- you are a very busy worker bee as of lately. you definitely deserve a nap. do not beat up on your self re: the BFL plan you can only do what you can do! i am so happy for you re: NB. ugh, i hope you are able to fall back asleep.

wendi- i think resting your foot is a very wise decision. when is your HM?

christine- have you seen ryan shanahan's kettlebell bootcamp workout? it is priced around the same amount as the goddess. i got an email saying my AOS workout has been shipped!! i can't wait to get it.

kristi- sounds like a nap is just what the doctor ordered!

carole- my leg workout yesterday didn't happenx( . ds#2 got sick again and i had to pick him up early from daycare.

wendy- i got the email saying i was switched and i would receive a new welcome email from my new coach. did they notify you yet?

dallas- i haven't forgotten about you. i will return your call.

posh- owwww weee what a nice shopping spree!! don't you just love those days?!!

judy- what bosu dvd did you get?

lorie- so sorry about your basement flooding again. i hope DBF is able to completely fix it this time.

shelly- yes the pp help make push ups easier on your joints. bows down to another monster workout from superwoman shelly!

yesterday i didn't get in a workout but i was able to do some shopping:7 . i got a new stationary/spin bike for home, and a set of 35lb db and a 20 lb KB!! haha, so funny, me and ds#1 were pulling up to sports authority and he was like oh noooooooo not sports authority again. we practically live there.}( :7

i am going to IC (iron core) vol 2 and then take a ride on my new bike!!

cathy-so, did ya find out who the father was? ;-) the basement isn't bad this time (when it originally flooded, it flooded both rooms and it was about an inch to an inch and a half of water. this time, it only really looked like i might have mopped (ha ha ha...funny image) with way too much water.DBF is coming today to fix it.

wendi-the friend i ran the half with back in november had the same pain, she described it just like you. anyway, when she went to see her doctor, she was told she had a tear in her achilles. she has to atay away from impact for six weeks. there's really not much lse they could do. also, if you slept like you did, your body REALLY needed it and is trying to tell you something. i have been realizing how hard i am on my body (and always have been) i am really trying to "listen" to it more.

sunny-yes, i hope it will be totally fixed. like i wrote to cathy, it's not really that bad this time, it's just a pain because i thought it was totally fixed.

not sure what my w/o will be today. i am a bit sore from GS CTBSB yesterday. maybe a CC and some bosu? i knwo there will be some yoga thrown in there, but probably as an evening relaxer.

Cathy - Thanks hon! I think you've got a sensible plan in place. You have SOOOOOOO much going on in your life right now that I'd hate to see you add even more stress into the mix. Your friend is lucky to have such a supportive friend, as I know we all consider ourselves very lucky to have you in our corner, as well. LOL about the "rain in the locker"! We didn't get any rain until last night. We had ice all day...about an inch worth. Actually, it was the strangest thing I've ever seen. It wasn't like a thick glaze of ice. It looked like granulated sugar! It was weird!

Sunny - Uh oh, another shopper LOL! My HM is March 2. St6ill enough time but I certainly don't want to cause a problem at this point. Enjoy the bike ride!

Wendy - Wow, you've got quite the "clientele" now with MDB! BTW, nice shoes chickie! You and Lori had my ROFLMAO the other day...I really needed that!

Kristi - How did your run go? COunt me in as another Snoozing Cheetah :+.

Christine - Holy Uber Mish Mosh!!!! Maybe that's why I was so tired when I got home...I read that just before sitting down on the couch LOL! Woohoo...congrats on 10 lbs!!!! I need to use YOU as my motivation as my eating has been atrocious the last couple of days. BTW that tikka masala was DIVINE!!!!! I used a wild and brown rice mix as I'm not much of a white rice lover to begin with. My SO had a taste and loved it, as well, so that is going into my regular menu rotation. That was such a sweet thing to do for DD!

Carole - WOW...pain at mile 13 and you kept going...I bow down to you! Sorry about the very wet and cold run the other day. I know I couldn't have done that! ITA about tailgaters...I had a few yesterday on the very treacherous drive home. Um, guys, there's only an inch of ICE on the road...WTH!?!?

Lorie - Oh, thanks for the scare love LOL!!!! This doesn't seem to involve the achilles at all...the pain runs up the front more than the side. I can't wait to check out Linus' story this evening when I get home from work. I just love that little cutie! Oh, sorry about your flooding! That can create such a mess. Mine started this morning...I expected it to after the rain last night. I laugh that "A River Runs Though It" :p. I just make sure that there's nothing in it's path and happily vanishes on it's own in a day or so.

Jackie - Feel free to come after me with that SS dear! I promise I will do better this week...cross my heart! Nice workout yesterday.

Judy - I hope you guys came through the storm okay out there. I was wondering about you yesterday. I hope we all can do a GTG this year! That would be sooooooooo much fun! Did Waldo come back? I hope he doesn't hold a grudge.

Shelly - Sorry to hear your run didn't go quite as well as planned...way to push through though! Um, Scrambled Eggs *and* an hour on the EXT...YIKES!!! I loved your pic...so cute!

Posh - WOW...MY wallet hurts just looking at that list LOL! Enjoy all your new goodies.

Dallas - Sorry the little ones interrupted your workout but it sounds like it was a fun snow day! MIL's bday present? Watcha makin?

Okay, my novel is complete...that's what happens when I get behind :p. I've got to find the butt glue remover and get this show on the road if I want to get to work on time. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Sorry about the insomnia!! That would have been a nightmare for me too...I think you did right staying and supporting your friend last night. Re tailgaters, I have always wanted them to pass and go over an embankment and as I drive by with my cellphone say "Do you need me to call 911?" Not very Christian like either......:)...One of my neighbors had "What Would Jesus Do" as a license plate frame on the back plate of his car. Well one sunday I had left late for a run meeting friends and I got behind him. He was going about 10 mph..(the speed limit is about 25), as I read his plate frame it took all I had not to scream out the window "Jesus would drive the speed limit!!!"..I think your plan now for 8 weeks sounds good. When you know your time for exercise will be an issue, it is better not to try and force some long workouts or certain rotations. Have a nice upper body and cardio workout and fun with the Wii...:)

Wendi...I don't think your ice storms sound fun at all. That is a bizarre pain. I hope it goes away soon. If it hurts when you try a workout , I would not do it and just rest instead. I feel the same about tailgaters I mean what is the point??? Thanks, that Tahoe marathon was a tough one for me. I was wearing a shirt with a pic of a dear running friend my sister and I had met and he had passed away the year before. For some reason the thought of him made me keep pushing to finish. He was a great guy...:)

Sunny..sorry to hear about ds#2 getting sick! Is he feeling better today? How cool you got a new stationary bike. Enjoy the workout on it!!

Jackie...tailgaters are my biggest pet peeve about driving! I think the run was not so fun as I didn't sleep well the night before either. Yay is right as I love DOMS. Good job with Slo-mo and iClimb.

Judy...yes, so far DH is doing the exercises every night. He will be making a Vegetable Taco Soup for the potluck, and I love it! I bet Waldo comes back...:)

Christine..Holy Cow is right, you had one heckuva workout yesterday!! Yes, I do think kids have their own smileys and abbreviations when it come to IM's and texts!!

Shelly...I have never had luck running later in the afternoon myself...Kudos on getting in the 14 miles! I really do hope DH continues as I know it will help him and improve his mood. I think cross country skiing would be a blast!

Wendy..we had your miserable rainy day thursday! Yesterday was much better. Your DH has great taste as far as those shoes go. My DH would have no clue in that arena. I did Leaner Legs yesterday..love that workout.

Lorie..that is awful about the basement flooding again. How frustrating. Sounds like a great GS and bosu workout yesterday. Besides Linus being cute, I think it is awesome how he helps kids, and that is something I would like to see.

Posh..WOW!!!..quite the spending spree...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/greedy.gif[/img]

Dallas...sounds like a fun snow day helping the kids with scrapping and the use of a dump truck..:)..I would 2nd Wendy's advice for the Airborne, I think that stuff is awesome for colds. Wow...that sucks about your mailbox getting hit so much. Glad that car did not hit your house. I think people drive like crap ALL the time.

I am planning on Yoga and Pilates before I head to church for the potluck.

Have a great day...:)

Hi All!!

Today really should be a rest day, but we’ll see. :p With all these new toys and a big Super Bowl party tomorrow, I’m thinking maybe pushing through until Tuesday. :p Busy day with shopping and cooking and running DD15 around!

Shelly – I’m impressed that you pushed through your long run even though it was tough! Good for you! I know ALL of the trails around here are muddy. Running will be street for a while. Thanks for the congrats! I love pure mutts, too! She looks like a sweet doggie! (I love all of your dogs!). DD15 is having one heck of a time with her new toy!

Wendy – I hate cold windy rain! I share your misery – that’s what we’ve been having since I’ve gotten back from North Carolina. One more storm tonight, then it’s supposed to clear up today. I’m exactly like you with new equipment aka toys. I’m just glad I didn’t get even more stuff or I’d never have made it to work! :p It’s fun, though!

Thomasina – You are my hero!! Although DH might not be too happy if I spent like that daily! :p Thanks for the congrats! I’m hoping it carries through to the “official weigh in”!

Dallas – I assumed it was 2 x through because the video is 45 minutes long, and we were up to 20 minutes into it. I might be wrong. I’ll check it out. Is volume 2 tougher? I really like the way the bells make me feel. Thanks for enabling me. No, I don’t have a multi disc player. My player does stop the DVD where you stopped it if you only hit stop once, so it’s easy to switch out workouts like that.

Cathy – Nice of you to be there for your friend! I do agree that it’s bound to happen (which is why I workout in the AM, but that’s not for everyone!). Have fun planning your new rotation! Glad it was just a nightmare! Wow! You would make a fantastic mom if and when the time is right! Thanks for the info on the BOSU workouts! LOVE the rocker smiley! It has me laughing! Looks kind of like DD15 with her wild and curly hair. :+

Wendi – Oh glad you got a break yesterday! Sounds like you really needed to sleep! Did a horse step on your foot? I hope it feel better! Yeah, I’d rest it a day or two to see how it is. Not fun! Too funny about my Mish Mosh being the cause of your exhaustion! Yeah, we really, really liked that Tikka Masala. I might make it tonight for dinner.

Sunny – Let me know what you think about the AOS workout. The Kettlebell Goddess is more of a starter workout. But, that’s where I am. I really want to learn good form. Which AOS workout did you order? Oooh – a spin bike for home! How fun! Too funny about DS#1.

Lorie – Glad the flooding wasn’t too bad – but oh my! Nice of DBF to come and fix it. How’s he doing, by the way? Oh, I had fun yesterday with all my toys. The BOSU is definitely neat. I had sooo much fun doing HSTA on it – the leg presses were as hard, but they hit in a different way. I can feel it in my hammies today. I really enjoyed it. Did you try Eoin yet? I ADORE him!

Carole – I’m laughing about the “What would Jesus do?” story! Too funny! Oh that workout was sooo fun! I’m ready to do it all over again, but I don’t think I could handle anything quite that intense today (but get me started….). Enjoy your yoga and pilates and your Pot Luck! DH still doing those exercises?

I might play around with one of Cathe’s step workouts on the BOSU today – just to do something. Have a great day all!

Good Morning Gals!

After a late night with my gal pals I am feeling pretty good!:) I didn't get home until 3 ish and up again at 10:30. Dh let me sleep and of course I had to take a couple of pills when I woke:) Now I am feeling much better.
Not only that but DS is in a awesome mood today. Yesterday he was sooo whiny and clingy! And he also slept until 9 in the morning today! Very strange!

Im soo sore from yesterdays workout. I did a 9 mile run plus MM.My legs are sore!
Im thinking about doing something from the BM2 dvd today. Im also suppose to be going to my uncles 65th b-day party but its an hour long drive and my mom or DH wants me traveling by myself with DS b/c its snowing.So Im not sure if I will make it to that.

Cathy** Sorry to hear about nightmare! hehe! They really aren't that bad! LOL It is hard to stick to a program when life is crazy. Hopefully you can get back on track this month!

Wendi** That was a lot of sleeping girl! I bet you feel well rested...now you should be able to get a workout in!

Lorie** Enjoy your workout whatever you decide to do!

Carole** Sounds like you have a relaxing workout comming your way, although some of that yoga can be pretty tough. I don't do it so a beginners yoga would be hard enough for me.

Christine** Have a good day! Sounds like its gonna be a busy one. I have nothing planned today, other then what I want to do but I don't think the weather will premit it!

I will probably be back later! Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today is my yoga/rest day...Ohhhhmmmm! LOL :p

Cathy: IA. I would not have felt right about leaving just as a friend was beginning to discuss a problem she is having either. I like your new rotation idea given your busy schedule these days. Do what you can. When things calm down for you, you can ramp it up into high gear again and TFH will be waiting for you when you do!}(

Wendi: Sorry about the pain in your foot. I have no idea what it could be I hope it's insignificant and short-lived. Yay for throwing the first 10! You rock! Yeah, Lori and I will pick on one another on occasion! LOL I love my new shoes. I just wish I had more opps to get dressed up and wear them!:-(

Sunny: The email from your coach that you should have received is not ACTUALLY written by me. It's a computer generated welcome letter. I guess for some reason it was either never generated or just never made it to your inbox. Technology stinks! LOL Technically, as a coach, I am not allowed to contact you until you contact me which is why they do that. When you get a brand new customer that is not a switch from another coach, the customer goes and signs up through MDB. When they are listed in my customer base I only see a name. I am not given an email address. So now you gotta get an X+ before pic up w/stats and a bio so that we can start the X rotation in style tomorrow!:) Once you have that stuff set up if you log into WOWY you have a chance to win prizes. You don't have to do this stuff ofcourse but I wouldn't be a good coach if I didn't tell you about it, now would I? :)

Carole: I didn't think DH would have a clue when it came to shoes either but apparently he does! Ofcourse, he pointed out several other pairs that I HATED! LOL I haven't done LL in ages...probably because I've never forgotten about the pain from the LAST time I did it!:p

Christine: Speaking of spending money on fitness stuff...Guess what? I ordered more DVD's last night! :eek:

That about wraps it up for me right now.

BBL!

carole- enjoy your potluck lunch and church with dh!

christine- i definitely will let you know my opinion. however i must tell you i did an icycle today while watching my irongirl ultra conditioning (bought that awhile ago, not sure if you remember) well anyway from what i watched of it, it looks great!! on the bike and then off for strength training and then back on again.

wendy- so do i need to shoot you an email via MDB?? i am confused, so sorry. enjoy yoga today. i am doing yoga tomorrow. so what new dvd's did you buy}( i will take my pics and stats tomorrow morning. not sure if i will log them onto WOW. also, are you doing any modifications to your X rotation? i am adding in a leg day and a kettlebell workout.

lori- sounds like a fun night out with the girls. so happy for you ds is in a better mood. it's tough when they are in foul moodsx(

i looooooooooooved my workout today!!! i did iron core vol #2 a little more advanced moves than vol 1. but still done in a beginners way with excellent pointers, fun, fun, fun!!!. i followed up with icycle #1 20 mins.

forgot to add to my list of purchases a new boxing workout!! oh so many workouts so little time, lol.

me and dh are going out tonight to make up for the date night that was supposed to happen a few weeks ago but didn't because he got sick.

ttyl....

Good morning cheetahs! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. It's back to work for me tonight and yes, tomorrow (Superbowl)
night also. Yesterday I finally went for a Looooong overdue cut and color. It had gotten to the point where I was wearing my hair in a ponytail almost constantly! Feels much better now:)

Wendy- Congrats on an awesome TM run yesterday. That pace is about 9:25:eek: :eek: wooohoooo. I'll be looking into the MDB site on my next stretch off.

Lorie- sorry you're dealing with leaky basement woes!! You don't need those kind of hassles now but at least it doesn't sound like a big flooding problem this time. I think Linus' story would make a great childrens book!! have a fun time on the bosu today.

Thomasina - Posh, you are indeed the undisputed queen of shopping among the cheetahs! Sounds like you scored some great buys. No go pump some iron with those #25s }(

Cathy- Yikes, that was quite a nightmare!! Hey, IMHO a friend who needs support is far more important than any workout... and that from the crazy cheetah! I like your idea of a more relaxed rotation... perfect for you right now!

Wendi- Sounds like your body was definitely in need of some serious rest and I'm glad you got in that mega sleep!! Your foot/calf pain does sound a tad worrisome. If it hurts like he** when you pinch along the back of the heel on up it is likely achilles tendonitis, although that doesn't usually involve arch pain... very curious!
Anyway, Carole's advice is excellent... lay off the high impact for a while!

SunnyD- What new bike did you get? Gonna do any competing with it?
Have a fun date night!

Carole- So today is the payoff potluck? What is your favorite yoga dvd anyway?

Christine- So do you have a super workout lined up for tomorrow?
This would be a good day to have some fun on the bosu!

Lori- Wow... a 9 miler plus MM!! Very impressive buff girl! I think your uncle would understand completely if you missed going today and wouldn't want you to endanger yourself and your DS.

Jackie... where are you?

Time for me to get busy. For today it'll be iTread#20 60 minutes and LIC upperbody circuit.

tata

ShellyC

Sunny: Yeah, go ahead and email me through the website if ya want. You don't have to log into WOWY if you don't want to. You should also bookmark my site and use it when you are placing an order. I have a feeling I'd get credit even if you went through the basic BB site but since I'm not POSITIVE, better to be safe then sorry. ;) I ordered Tom Holland's Total Body Workout, Tracey's High Intensity Kickbox and Sculpt Sweatfest. I never used to be heavy into k/b and was always a big step fan but now I'm steering away from step and getting into k/b alot more.

Shelly: TYVM re y'day's run! I was so proud of myself!:+ Whenever you feel like doin' the MDB thing is fine with me. No rush at all! I simply need to know if we have to do a switch before you place an order-if you even decide to at all. :)

wendi-"a river runs through it" i love it!!!

carole-enjoy the yoga and pilates and enjoy the potluck! hope there's some yummy stuff!

christine-i have only done the cardio portions of the HS workouts on the bosu. i am afraid to try weights on it. i have TERRIBLE balance. i can't even do "tree pose" without falling over!!!

lori-sounds like you had a great night and are having a great day so far. glad ds is behaving!

wendy-what yoga will you be doing?

shelly-i would definitely like to work on getting that book published. maybe that will be my goal after dissertation.

okay, so *DON'T* be angry with me but...i decided to run a leettle bit. i just wanted to see if i had any pain. i only set the treadmill for 30 minutes and i promised that would be all i would do unless i hurt and then i would stop immediately. anyway...i did steady state and maintained about an 8:50 pace so i got in 3.4 miles. no pain. here's my RANT, though...i wore my heart rate monitor and it said that for 30 minutes and 3.4 miles i only burned 274 calories which is about 80 calories a mile (i'm not hung up on calorie burn in general but i have always been curious about how much i burn when i run)!!! from everything i've seen since i've been wearing my HRM, it seems i burn the same amount per minute no matter what cardio i do (about 8-9 calories per minute). i really thought running burned more. oh well, like i said, im not going to get hung up on it. i was just surprised. especially since i have seen stuff that says a good estimate of calorie burn when running is 100 calories per mile (i know weight, fitness, speed, etc. has to do with that, but still).

now, i want to see if my hip hurts tomorrow. it didn't hurt the last time until the next day. if it doesn't, i will be one happy cheetah! :D

anyway, after that i did CCPP on the EXT. i like the variety on that one. i am debating L&G or B&G just to really kill my legs, but i'm not sure. i am thinking about taking a rest day tomorrow, so i would like to get in weights today. then again, i haven't felt the need for a rest day in a while. i ALWAYS listen to my body and, when i am dreading my workout or too tired, i do rest. i just haven't felt that way lately.

I’m back! Did IMax 2 on the BOSU. Definitely not for the weak ankled, but oh man was it fun! Hard, but fun! Talk about an HIIT workout! Just do the blasts on a BOSU and that would be a great HIIT! I did the whole thing and found it was fairly easy to modify – had the most trouble with #10 – especially the power squats, but by that time I was so beat that I was happy to take it easier! :p Off to the showers and then the store!

Lori – I’m glad you had a great girl’s night out last night! Sounds like fun! Oh wow! A 9 mile run AND MM?! You’re crazy! :p Hope you do get to do what you want – I assume that’s say Hi to your Uncle on his 65th birthday!

Wendy – WHOO HOO!!! More DVD’s!!! What did you get?

Sunny – I have the original Iron Girl and it was a little light on the strength training. I’m thinking I might try it but subbing kettlebell moves instead of the ones they do on the video – that would be a great circuit! I use Sweating Buckets as a circuit, too, usually with PLB – I can’t move afterwards. :p Enjoy your date night!!!

Shelly – Glad you are happy with your new Do! I’ll bet you look awesome! I have a tougher workout planned for tomorrow – ASCII Circuit 1 with Kettlebells added and abs – I think I’ll modify the iSculpt 19 crunching abs to the BOSU (I’ve done that before at the gym). Have fun with iTread 20 and LIC Upperbody!

Lorie – you’re cracking me up about your balance! I do like the BOSU for the leg presses though – works great and doesn’t require lengthy balance skills. :p Hey, if “A River Runs Through It”, does Brad Pitt? Can I come over? :p What kind of HRM do you have? That’s odd. I burn more when I run because my HR is at a higher sustained max. The only exercises that come close are hard core spinning and today’s IMax 2 BOSU workout.

Well, must run! Have a great day all!

Hey there!

Cathy - That was good of you to lend you ear to your friend! I'll bet you are tired! Hope you get a good nap! I hate it when I have nightmares and can't get back to sleep! Pregnant, huh? Oh dear! Bet you were glad when you woke up! ;-)

Wendi - Glad you got some rest! You must have really needed it! Hope your foot feels better! That is strange that it didn't bother your when you were bowling! An inch of ice is a lot of ice! Glad you are safe!

Sunny - Glad you enjoyed your spin and Iron Core2! I have watched it...but that is all :+ Glad you liked it!

lorie - Enjoy your workout! You are so good to do yoga! Glad you were able to run with no pain!

Christine - My goodness! You had a workout marathon yesterday! That sounds like a great workout! I loved doing Imax 2 on the bosu, too! It seems like the bosu brings a whole new life to "older" workouts and makes them seem new and different!

Wendy - Enjoy your yoga/rest day! Are you psyched about starting P90X+ tomorrow?

Judy - In yesterday's thread, you asked about how my legs felt?? Pretty bad! They were definitely feeling the leg work! Did Waldo come back! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Carole - Enjoy your yoga and pilates and potluck dinner! What pilates workout are you doing to do?

Lori - 9 miles AND MM! Ouch! Great job! Glad you had fun last night! Enjoy whatever you decide to do today! Be careful if you make the drive in the snow!

Shelly - Did you like how your hair turned out? Enjoy your iTread and Upper body circuit!

I had a Precore elliptical trainer that did not have the "moving arms" on it. It had the "Cross Ramp" (or incline) but not the upper body. I had been wanting the upper body, also. So...I got a new Vision Fitness 6250 and it has the upper and the incline. Yesterday I tried it out for the first time. Wow! It was so much harder for me than my other one! I don't know if it was because of the added upper body, or because my lower body was fried from the day before. Anyway...that is the workout I did yesterday. I did it for an hour with a couple of iClimbs and the standing and traditional abs from Core Solutions.

Today I did an 11 mile run. Kind of stupid after yesterday's workout, huh? I wanted to use the elliptical for "easier" days. Hah! It was harder than my run! I will have to do a little "tweaking" with my running schedule!

HOpe everyone has a great day!

Linda

Hey Cheetahs,

Just wanted to report my workout and then I will come back with personnals! I am in desperate need of a shower right about now.
I did a 4 mile run in 37 mins, then 4DSBC 2x's (cardio only), 4DSKB (cardio only) and MM abs. Im pooped! It was a great workout and I turned the music up when doing 4DS b/c I wanted to get into it.

Off to get cleaned up!

Hello, loverly cheetahs!

My workout is done:

[ul]
[li type=square] [font color=crimson] LIC u/b sculpt premix (a forgotten favorite)[/font color]
[li type=square] [font color=crimson] Bosu Sports Conditioning: Skiing (sans warmup – 38 minutes – 310 calories – I fell off quite a few times :7)[/font]
[li type=square][font color=crimson] 10 Min. Solutions Rapid Results Pilates – Waist Trimmer segment[/font]
[/ul]

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I do agree giving that foot a rest makes sense…it sounds like an anterior tibialis problem…great game!

Sunny [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Hopefully, we’ll have reason to celebrate in Nov. when NB results are out. Congrats on the new bike! Sweet!…Enjoy date night tonight. Where you headed?

Lorie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font]
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_bwahaharoll4vu.gif No, that was part of my panic ~ trying to figure out who the father was! Hope DBF fixes 'er for good.

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_biglol.gif Oh, you are too funny! My all-time favorite bumper sticker says: Jesus loves you. (underneath that: ) Everyone else thinks you’re an @-hole…how was the potluck?

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I used to be a regular AM exerciser, but that was before teaching when I didn’t have to wake up as early and didn’t have as far of a commute. I am working on that b/c I do like the aspect of taking one shower and setting the tone for my day. Great job with Imax2 on the Bosu. So have you tried Guitar Hero yet? :7

Lori [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Nice job bouncing back that quickly…glad you had fun last night.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] No, I definitely couldn’t have split then. But we totally didn’t see it coming – it was like a record scratch. Everything was light & easygoing, and then BAM! The almost-tears came. I feel bad for her. She doesn’t have it easy going it alone. So what DVDs didja order??? Do tell!!!

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] All right, post some pics, woman! We wanna see the new ‘do. I have been rockin' the ponytails lately, too. Time for a trim.

Linda [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Congrats on your new Precor…ooh la la!! My EXT has arms, but I don’t use them…I just swing my arms by my sides. I think it must be way harder using the poles. Great w/outs!…Thank you on the pic…The old one was actually one of the rare photos of myself that I like – but wouldn’t you know, I have to be wearing a dang elf hat in it! Now that it’s February, I just can’t look at that hat anymore, so I had to change it.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hi Girls!

Back for personnals!

Wendy** enjoy your yoga! I guess Im gonna have to get involved in a little more stretching. I barely make time for it at the end of my workout, never mind doing a full hour of it! LOL

Shelly** Back to work tonight hey? Im back tomorrow for a OT shift. I took 2 OT's this month with still room for more. I don't want my life to be all about work though. But when I get extra money, I can spend it on myself! LOL There is nothing like a new haircut. I like having it cut, but would you beleive I haven't had it done since May month! Thats right, almost a full yr! It was cut quit short and I have been letting it grow. Very odd though, i don't have any spilt ends. I have a gc for the spa so I am thinking about using it to get my hair done:) Soon...very soon! I just can't sit still for that long, drives me crazy!

Lorie** DOn't even get me started on my HRM! I wore mine today for a little while but had to take it off b/c it was discouraging. After running 2.5 miles, I had only burned 80 cals...yep, thats right 80 F&*(ing cals! Obviously its not right but if it is, I don't want to know about it! I was running a fast pace to and hills! My HR was reading 116 but when I shifted it around a bit it was zoom up to 130. I finally took it off and threw it across the room. It probably just needs a new battery.

Linda** Nice job on the 11 miles! Ive never ran that far, I guess that should be next mini goal!

Christine**Sounds like you had a good workout! I really like DM as well. I was thinking about doing the drills today but I ended up doing 4DSBC twice instead.

Sunny** we are going to try to get the girls together once a week now if possible. Not for drinking:p though just get together and play cards or something. Once every 2 weeks would probably be enough for me.

Well...I have to say, Im pretty darn lazy here now.I had tons of energy when I was working out but I think I used ever last drop I had! Its only 6 and I already have my p.js on. Sucky thing is, DS only woke from his nap around 4:30 and he may be up until 9 or so! I think i will go to bed right after him:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.