Cheetahs 5/11-5/17

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

I am up early cause I couldn't breathe laying down anymore. Gotta love colds! BLECH! When I got up I considered working out but whatever motivation I had when I got out of bed is fading fast. I know I won't want to do it later either though so perhaps I should force myself.....I'll let you know what I decided to do later! :p

Jackie: Nice 7 miler on the TM. I haven't even run 5 miles since I stopped training for the marathon in January! I made it through one month of training and quit. How sad is that!? :p I'll tell ya though, my weight dropped a few pounds QUICKLY when I quit so I think I was on to something when I decided that it was affecting my weight. No regrets. I have the rest of my life to run a marathon if I want to. :) I am enjoying the cardio variety now that I only run once a week. I am even enjoying the EXT which I never liked too much before! :D Sounds like you had a nice day with your kids on Saturday. What did you get from DQ? DH stopped at a DQ one night in the past week or so and got some heavenly looking Oreo brownie sundae thing. I resisted the urge. I went home and ate cottage cheese and strawberries instead! :p

Guess that's all for now!

Have a great day!

Good morning!
Thanks for starting us off, Wendy!!! :D

I'm still hanging in here! Today I got back on the wagon and did GS BSB + abs from Boot Camp. Hoping to get a short run in later. The big relay is coming up the end of next month, so I've gotta start hopping to it. Hopefully the ITB will cooperate after this nice rest.

Sorry I'm pressed for time, I will try to BBL for personals. Hope everyone is doing well-- I've missed you guys!

Hi Cheetah Girls!

Wendy - Sorry that cold disturbed your sleep. I like your attitude about having the rest of your life to run a marathon. Do what makes you feel good. You definitely can't get in a variety of cardio with all the running you have to do for training. What did you decide to do today? I had the peanut butter parfait from DQ. I forgot how big that thing was but I ate almost every drop of it. Love me some chocolate! I think the oreo brownie sundae sounds a lot better than cottage cheese and stawberries. I applaud you for resisting!

Brighton - Glad to hear you're back at the workouts! Hope the ITB is ready for training for the relay race. Did you run today?

I did 4DS Legs & Abs and 10 minutes on the EXT. Tomorrow will be a run.

Have a good night!

Good Morning Chicas. :)

Well yesterday turned out to be a rest day. I felt awful and couldn't breathe through my nose most of the day. There was no way I was even going to succeed in doing a good weight work out feeling the way that I did so I canned it totally. This morning I am feeling a bit better. I took Nyquil at 7pm last night and was sleeping on the couch by 8:30! This morning I don't feel fantastic but I can still breathe through my nose which is more then I can say for y'day so hopefully a work out is possible later on today. *fingers crossed*

Jackie: I don't know what the pb parfait is but it sure sounds good! Anything with pb in it is bound to be delicious! :D When I first decided to opt out of the marathon I was very disappointed with myself. I've since gotten over it because I realized how much time I truly have to accomplish this goal. Also, if my heart isn't in it then it's not worth doing it, right? I am not going to force it. If it's something I am meant to do then it will happen...Oooh 4DS legs is a goodie! How are the legs feeling this morning after that one?

Brighton: Sending good vibes for that ITB!!!! Glad you are getting back to your work outs!

Have a great Tuesday!

I'm back to say I am highly doubting any possibility of a work out today. I felt awful during the latter half of my shift at work. I took a nap after lunch and feel a bit better (except now I'm groggy) but I still don't think it's gonna happen....

Tonight may be another 8:30 bed time for me! :p

Hello ladies!

Wendy - Sounds like the rest day was just the thing for you yesterday. Sure hope you can shake that cold soon. The pb parfait was layered with chocolate and nuts on the bottom, then ice cream, then I guess the pb syrup followed by more ice cream and chocolate and nuts to top it off. Yum!! To tell you the truth I don't know where the pb was in the thing. :D I do know it was good and filling. You're so right if your heart is not into doing a marathon, it would make it oh so difficult to do the training. I'm kind of excited about attempting to run Chicago. I'll know better how I feel when I start doing some really long runs. Take those rest days and try and feel better. The workouts will be there.

Brighton - How are you today?

Today's workout was hip stabilizers, iTread #20 60 minutes and Yoga Relax. I got in 6.2 miles. I do have some DOMS from the workout yesterday but it's not too bad. Tomorrow may be a different story.

Hope you had a nice day so far.

Afternoon, Cheetahs!

First, thanks so much for all the support and anniversary wishes! :D We had a nice weekend. The service Fri was hard, but there was a nice peaceful feeling there, which really helped. DH & I were able to get out Sat afternoon for a nice outing. :) Sun we had a family dinner at the in-laws. The boys cooked for us-- nice!!! :D

Wow, I was dragging in a major way today. I'm thinking that it's probably just a mixture of stress & getting back to challenging workouts, but it was all I could do to eek out LowMax (rounds 1-4, 7) this morning. I wanted to do the whole thing, but decided to listen to how I was feeling. I think it was a good thing-- I can feel the knee just a teensy bit right now, but nothing serious. Did 20 min of yoga as well. After the kids and I got back from the library, I put them down for naps and then I crashed too!!!! :eek::D Man, I haven't taken a nap during a weekday in ages. I may have to reconsider that, because it was heaven! ;):) I also mowed the back lawn (did the front y'day), and did some planting in the veggie garden. Wow. No wonder I'm tired! :eek::p:) Now I've gotta pick up the house a bit and figure out what's for dinner.

Jackie: Ahhhhhh! No, I haven't gotten to the runs yet! :eek: This weekend the 5K didn't work out because I promised my mom to help her with a bridal shower for my cousin. Then y'day, I decided to get the front lawn mowed instead so that DH could get it aerated that evening. Hopefully tomorrow while DS is at preschool. *fingers crossed* :) Wow-- that is really excited about the Chicago 26.2! :) Good luck with everything!!! And I am seriously drooling on the keyboard thinking about that ice cream!!! :p:) Hope the DOMS isn't too bad tomorrow!

Wendy: Awww, happy birthday to Joey! Saw the pix on FB-- too cute!!! :) I'm so sorry you're fighting a nasty cold!!! :( Hope the rest does you well. ITA with marathon training. When the time is right, it'll be right. One of these days I'll do one too! :) Sending GET WELL vibes your way!

Well, hope everyone is doing well!
Have a wonderful evening!

Good Morning.

Well my head is definitely clearing up but some of it is now in my chest. It's not bad right now. As long as it doesn't get any worse I should be able to manage a work out today. I definitely feel better then I did the past 2 days.

Brighton: Daytime naps during the week are awesome. I highly recommend them!!!! Sounds like you had a busy day y'day. No wonder you were tired!!

Jackie: So when will your official marathon training begin? The PB Parfait sounds good even if there is no real pb in it at all! I just love icecream!!!:D

BBL to report my work out!

What was I thinking!?!?

:eek:I chose to do Leaner Legs this morning. :eek:

It's done but OMG! Ya know the weight lifting wasn't as difficult as I remember it being but man oh man what a cardio work out I got from it this morning! I am sure my cardio endurance is low due to my cold and it made a HUGE difference! I was huffin' and puffin' through the entire thing. No energy left for a cardio work out now! No way! :p

Off to the showers and then momma's gonna do some shopping!!!!:D:D:D

Hiya Cheetahs!

Brighton - Glad the service was nice for your friend and you were able to have a good weekend. Think you can keep the boys in the kitchen? ;) Naps are nice but if I took one, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. With all you did, I can see why you needed a nap. DOMS still not bad today. But, I can tell I worked out.

Wendy - Glad you're feeling a little better. I'll start marathon training on June 15. I decided to use the program from their website. It's set up just how I like it. It has 4 days of running and CXT on other days. Good job with that workout! What did you buy?

Today's workout was Barry's Boot Camp Legs & Butt and Abs and 10 minutes on the EXT. Really missing the UB work but I'll be patient.

Happy Hump Day!

Hi ladies, can I sneak into your check-in for a moment?:D

I am a relatively new runner (or maybe I should call myself a jogger, I'm slow!) and I am totally hooked -- I love it! I am doing STS right now and also running 3 days per week, usually about 13-15 miles per week. My longest run right now is 5.5 miles and I am hoping to work on speed and distance over time. I run mostly indoors on my treadmill and I am afraid of races! I've done only one 5K and my time was 29:51.

I am looking for some advice on how to progress in my running, and so I am wondering if you ladies can help. Mind if I sneak in here every once in awhile with questions or comments?

Well yesterday I FINALLY made it to Centergy class and even got in 20 minutes on the TM with Grace beforehand. It felt great to get back to class. :)

As for how I feel this morning after LL...OH*MY*GAWD*!!!!:eek: Talk about DOMS! Holy cow! I haven't been this sore in ages!!!!! My thighs and glutes are a-flamin'!!!! Thighs especially though! YEOWCH!!!! Hurts so good! ;)

Today's work out will be TJ Get on the Ball Kickin' Core. It's a shorter TJ cardio work out with about 20 minutes of core/ab work using the stability ball at the end. It looks pretty good. I'll report back on it once it's done!

Katie:
Ofcourse you can pop in anytime you like! You are more then welcome to post daily if you like too. Totally up to you. Your time for your first 5k is awesome! I don't know what you are afraid of! I finished my first 5k in 32:01 and my fastest to date (after a few years of running) is 28:30 which nearly killed me to accomplish! LOL

Jackie: June 15th? Cool beans! I'm excited for ya! I know you can do this. :) I ended up buying nothing at the outlets but a soft case for my sunglasses which cost me all of $7.00. What a disappointment. I went there specifically for the Coach and Lucky jeans outlets. Well, I couldn't find anything in the Lucky store to save my life (what's up with that!?) and the Coach outlet went *poof*. It's not there anymore! I was sooo pissed! :mad: I saw some cute stuff in the DKNY outlet but didn't buy it. Perhaps I should go back and take another look. I am trying not to spend ALL of my B'day money on fitness stuff and I'll tell ya, it's really hard to do! :D

Last edited:
Hey Girls.

I am getting ready to do my work out now. Should be fun...my legs are KILLING me! :p Just wanted to pop in really quick to say that I got a phone call this morning. I was offered a job from 1pm-6pm 5 days a week at one of the 2 daycare centers I dropped my resume off at last week!!! I'm askeered now! :eek::D:p

Well, better get to my work out...should help to calm my nerves a bit! :confused:

BBL!

Hi ladies!

Wow, things just got busy and I totally spaced checking in y'day! :eek: I finally got back on the TM yesterday-- did about 3 miles while DS was at preschool. It felt really great. I'm trying to really work on technique right now, so I'm not too worried about mileage/speed at the moment. I've been reading ChiRunning to see if that particular technique can help get me past some of my injury issues-- clearly what I've been doing hasn't really been working for my joints! :confused::) Anyway, I tried it out yesterday, trying to move from my core rather than power it through with my legs. HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! My abs are killer sore this morning!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: In a good way though. And zero knee pain. Woo hoo! Perhaps I am on to something that will really help me out long term.

Katie:
1.gif
Welcome aboard! :) ITA with Wendy-- WTG with your first 5K! That is awesome! I actually ran my first 5K a little over a year ago! It's so fun. I hear you that races can be a little intimidating at first, but once you catch the bug, you can get a little carried away-- I know I have! :D:eek:;) And excuse me, but who are you calling slow??? 29 min for a 5K is nothing to dismiss so casually! That is awesome! :):):):):):):) Please keep us posted on how you are doing-- we'd love to have you join us!

Wendy: LOL about Meaner Legs. Man, I love that one. Low End Heaven. :eek::p:) How are you feeling today? Have you kicked that cold yet? Congrats on the job! That is fantastic! You will have to let us know how you like that TJ workout-- I've never tried her ball workouts before. Sorry that the outlet shopping spree didn't pan out for you... :( Too bad about the Coach outlet!!!

Jackie: Haha about keeping the boys in the kitchen. That sure would be nice!!! I could use a break. :) I've been pretty run down this week. Not sure the exact reason why... but oh well. Still keeping on track, so I'll just sneak in some extra rest when I can manage it. :) June 15th! That is just so awesome! I agree with Wendy-- you can totally do this!!! :D So exciting!!!

Hi ladies!

Katie - Hi and thanks for stopping by. You're doing great with the running. My first 5K took me 30:10. I run on my treadmill 2 days a week and outside one day a week. I like using iTrain workouts to get me through. Stop by any time. Always good to see a new face.

Wendy - Glad you got to finally sample the new Centergy class. Sounds like it was well worth the wait. Bummer on the shopping trip not turning up too much to be bought. I like Coach too. Guess the economy got him, huh? Congratulations on the new job!! Will be nice to have some extra $$$. How was the workout?

Brighton - Yay for getting in that 3 miles yesterday! I've been doing the hip stabilizers from Runners World and they have really been helping my running. Go to their website and look for the video called Never Get Injured. Hope that Chi running continues to help. Maybe the run down feeling will be gone in a couple of days since you've gotten back to your routine. Thanks for the vote of confidence on the marathon.

I did the hip stabilizers, iTread #35 Joggers and iStretch #12 cool down section. Managed to get in 6.3 miles even though I felt a little tired this morning. It's almost time to call it a day. I'm ready too.

Enjoy your day!

Hey ladies, thanks for the warm welcome and kind words about my running!

Wendy: How are you legs feeling this evening? I don't have Leaner Legs but I hear it is really quite hard. That's great on the job -- those part time hours would be ideal for me, I am jealous! I work 40 hours a week and I'm a mom and it's really hard to fit it all in sometimes.

Brighton: I am encouraged by what you said about races -- I really want to like them and do some more in the future. How old is your child that is in preschool? I have one son, Collin, and he is 4 years old and goes to preschool.

Jackie: What are hip stabilizers? 6+ miles is awesome! What is June 15th -- your race? Or when you start training? PS I looooooove anything that involves ice cream and peanut butter!

I ran 5.25 miles this morning before work and it felt great! I have felt very very hungry all day, though. What do you all eat after a long/hard run? It seemed like no matter what I ate it wasn't enough!

Good Morning Girls.

Well, I found an ad in the local paper for an office job that I am interested in y'day so I emailed my resume to them. Fingers crossed that I hear from them today! I have to call the guy from the daycare cntr back. I am not sure what to do about that one regardless of the office job. The hours are bothering me. I really want to be out of any job by 5 so that I can be available to pick DS up from aftercare when DH can't. After thinking about it, calling on a school mom whom I don't really know to care for my son is not something I am comfortable doing, ya know? Nothing against the other moms ofcourse. What to do!?!? :confused::(:eek:

Well my legs are still on fire. My core is sore now too. I guess Kickin' Core is effective! :)

Today's work out is LC #1 (gonna go really really easy on the legs. no heavying up on them today! LOL) and some kind of cardio. Not sure what yet. Hopin' whatever I do will ease the DOMS in my legs a bit. YEOWCH! :eek:

Katie: As you probably already read above, my legs are still killin' me! :D I am sure a 40 hour work week with a child is tough to do sometimes. I am primarily interested in part time work but a full time position caught my eye y'day (the one I described above). If it's the right fit, I am willing to give it a shot. DH already knows that he will picking up some slack around the house once my hours at work increase. If he cooperates then all should be fine. ;) What worries me is fitting in my work outs!!!! :eek:

Jackie: The outlets I went to are very new. I am surprised Coach pulled out that fast. I am surprised they pulled out at all! They are in every outlet mall I ever remember go to since I started buying their stuff! :eek: Kickin' Core was fun. I used Cathe's weighted gloves for the cardio portion. The work on the ball was surprisingly tough. As mentioned above, I am feeling it today. That's always a good sign. :D Nice work out y'day. Run girl run! :)

Brighton: Good job putting the Chi Running tactics to work for you. Carole has that book and was using the tips in her running for a while. Not sure if she does it anymore though. Kickin' Core was fun. See my post to Jackie about it above. :) The cold is not completely gone but I am MUCH better then I was. I guess it'll just take a few days for it all to go away completely. No biggie.

Well, time for breakfast!

Have a great day!

Hi gang!

Katie - Is that your wedding pic in your avatar? Go to RW website http://www.runnersworld.com/ Then go to the middle of the page to videos and click on more videos. Then choose the Never Get Hurt workout. I do these before each run. I've gotten the exercises down to 10 minutes. I'll start training for Chicago Marathon on June 15. Good job on your run yesterday. I hate that hungry feeling too. I eat breakfast after a run and most of the time it's oatmeal with protein powder, nuts and banana. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks on most days.

Wendy - Got my fingers crossed for you on the office job! I can see your dilemna with after school care for Joey. Hope everything works out for you. Sounds like you're excited to get back into the work force. Glad Kickin' Core delivered. Maybe you kicked the rest of that cold out. You're right Coach is usually in every outlet you see especially if it's an upscale one. How was your workout today! Did it hurt? :p

I did Rumble today. Still enjoyed the work with the bag. Broke a good sweat. I like this one because I don't have to worry about difficult choreography.

TGIF!! Enjoy your day Cheetahs!

Afternoon, ladies! :D

Well, I am officially pooped today! I did 6.5 mi outside this morning-- and it felt great. I haven't run that far (without stopping to stretch the ITB) for ages. A lot of elevation changes as well-- so that is really promising to me with the crazy legs I have to face for the Ragnar next month. I really think focusing on technique is going to be a good thing for me. Oh, and I got to try out DH's new Garmin on the run this morning!!! :D OMG, I think I need one of my own!!! :D:p:cool: Ah, guess I'll just have to settle for borrowing his in the meantime. DH & I have been outside working in the yard all afternoon. Yikes-- the quads, glutes, & hamstrings are burning-- almost like I've been doing low end squats (and I sort of have...) for a couple hours!!! :eek::eek::eek: Hmmmm. May have to soak in the epsom salts awhile t'morrow. :eek: Tonight I'm headed out with the girls to celebrate a friend's bday. Yay!

Jackie: Ooh, thanks for the hip stabilizers tip. I will definitely look into that link. :) WTG with the 6+ miler the other day & Rumble! :) Glad you're having fun with the heavy bag.

Katie: Yeah, the intimidation factor goes way down after you get a couple under your belt. I just got back into racing last year after a l-o-n-g hiatus. (I do triathlons, so shorter distance running in general--usually 5 & 10Ks, although DH & I ran our first half marathon in March) Those first few races I had nerves like you wouldn't believe! :eek::eek:;) But it really does get easier. My DS turns 4 next week! I can't believe how big he's getting! I also have a DD who is 2. They're so fun-- keep me on my toes for sure, though!

Wendy: I totally hear you on the whole job issue. It's tough to find balance sometimes with the whole job/mom thing. I will sending positive vibes your way & hope that you will find the perfect job!!! :D;) Glad you enjoyed Kickin' Core. Love that Chalene. I may have to check it out now. ;) I'll have to chat Carole up about the ChiRunning. :) Knowing her, I'm sure she has a lot of insights there.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girls.

Quick check in to say I had fun with BF last night and today. I did Total Body Blast when I got home this afternoon. It's the other on the ball TJ work out. It's a circuit of cardio and toning using the stability in every single segment. Deceivingly difficult! I really enjoyed it!

Getting ready to go to DH's bowling banquet now so I can't hang out and do personals but I'll be back in the morning! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.