:::: CHEETAHS :::: 4.30 Happy B'day, Wendy!!

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! It's Monday again already. Oh joy. :)

Just a few personals from yesterday…it was relatively quiet in cheetahville.

Jackie :: hope you enjoyed your rest day. It was positively gorgeous here.

Carole :: thanks for the vote of confidence…I have been hearing there are only 4 questions on the exam (!)…Great job on the 9.45 miles.

Wendy :: hey, birthday girl...glad you’ve enjoyed the early celebrations and your new gifts. Have a GREAT day today recuperating from your weekend and all the best in the year ahead!! :)

Susan :: thinking of you today and wishing you strength.

Today is CST and ARX.

Have a good Monday, ladies!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- have fun with your workouts today. you are rockin' with p90x.

susan- you continue to be in my prayers.

wendy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! what kewl gifts you received:)

carole- i actually shrunk it using the other website to make the avatar. UGH... oh well i will figure it out eventually:p

today's workout is p90x S & A. if i get time i am going to add 30 mins on the elliptical.

have an awesome day ladies:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

We had a wonderful weekend. Very busy, but absolutely fun!!! Golf, fish, walked, bonfire, grilled out - everything summerlike!

BUT.............tonight is a special board meeting so I have challenged myself to NOT get too worked up and therefore eat everything in sight.

I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Hey Cheetah-Babes! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!:)

Cathy, Have fun with S&A/ARX! How far along are you in your rotation now?

SunnyD, So are you doing an official X rotation or just using the work outs to mix it up?

Marcia, Sounds like you had a faboo weekend! The kind of weekend I would enjoy too! Don't stress about the meeting. Take deep breathes and back away from the junk food!;)

I have BBC Butt and Legs weights only on tap for today and my running class this evening.

So I jumped on the scale this morning and took my BF measurement. My weight is at an all time low yet my body fat is up from the last time I checked it. Go figure! LOL Gotta take it with a grain of salt right? I feel good, I am happy with how I look so I say WHATEVER!:p LOL

BBL!:)

GOOD MORNING!!!! Happy Monday.

Happy Birthday, Wendy!!! Enjoy your day!

Susan - I echo everybody’s thoughts and sentiments concerning your mother. You are in my prayers for peace and reassurance. As a few have already said, cancer is something that NOBODY deserves to experience, either as a patient or as a loved one. As for the ‘waves’ of emotions….expect them and embrace them. Let those memories and flashbacks comfort you and remind you of the good times. Please know that you are in my constant thoughts. If you should need to chat, please feel free to PM me.

SunnyD - I LOVE your new avatar pic. You are gorgeous and your children as CUTIE PATOOTIES!

Heather - I too love pictures. Do you scrapbook??? And, like you, I usually make a mess in the process of cleaning! LOL

Shelly - I agree, that your energy reserves seem to be endless. But THANKS for that, cuz it pushes me too! LOL So…..what new yoga vid did you get???

Kristi - I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering how your HM went this weekend!!!!!!

HI TO EVERYBODY!

Today is all about recovery and rest for the legs. I was up early for PUB (no abs) and Stretch Max 1. My quads are as sore as anything! LOL I'm doing the Marathon Shuffle, and the steps...well I just kind of flop down them.

Yesterday’s HM took its toll on me, BIG TIME! Long story short first…..HM was great, with a finishing chip time of exactly 1:56:00. Slower than last year, and much slower than I was aiming for, but GREAT. Now….long story. LOL I decided to join the 1:45 pace team. Bit and bullet and joined them. Started out fine, weather was in mid 50s at the 8am start. I even walked a mile before the gun to warm up, as I was a bit concerned about keeping a steady 8 minute mile for 13 miles. I was with the pace team, till mile 6. That was when I took my first water break and did something I KNEW doesn’t work for me….walk. Once I start a long run, I cannot stop unless it’s for the bathroom. My legs just don’t like it and getting back into a rhythm is almost painful. Well, at 6 I walked thru the water stop (didn’t wear my Fuel Belt) and it was all trouble from there right on thru 13.1. I slowly backed off the 1:45 pace team and by mile 10, I saw the 1:50 pacer pass me! ACK! LOL. BUT…it was a fabulous day, the sun was shining, the crowd support was phenomenal as usual and the experience itself was truly remarkable, as usual. And, as usual, I CRIED! LOL. I cried at the start, thinking about the reason I began running (DH’s illness and passing) and the reason I continue to run (“because I can and so many others cannot”). Everytime somebody yelled “Go, Team” (Team in Training’s trademark cheer), I teared up. I cried as I entered the stadium and Dfiance called my attention, and I continued to cry right thru the stadium finish! I actually almost hyperventilated, seriously! With just ½ of the track to go, I spoke out loud, “Jeff, this is for YOU” (Jeff was my DH), I almost couldn’t catch my breath. Then, perfectly timed, a friend of mine called out to me from the stadium seats and it picked me right back up and thru the finish line. Exactly at 1:56:00. And, I CRIED! LOL. The kids handing out the medals and cutting of the chips just kept looking at me, but I didn’t care. I cried. Such a sap! LOL Then I ATE ATE and ATE some more! lol

Today, my legs are incredibly sore. I learned several lessons with yesterday’s HM. First, wear my Fuel Belt so I don’t have to walk thru water stops. Second, I need to give the HM more respect. It’s hard, and although TM running is better than nothing, I need to log more miles in the OUTdoor world. LOL Third, DO IT AGAIN and keep on doing it! LOL

BBL. Time for the school bus then DS's orthodontist appointment. Housework to get caught up, I'm hosting my Book Club meeting here tonight.

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs! Happy Birthday Wendy!!

Sorry this race report is so late. I’ve been camping with my inlaws and my kids at the Louisville Fair & Expo center since Saturday. They didn’t have an internet connection.

My day began at 4:30 Saturday morning. The morning was chilly with temperatures in the high 40’s, but it was perfect for a race. I wore my cheetah shirt along with another long sleeve wick fabric shirt over top, which was perfect for the weather. After the sun came out it slowly warmed up. I started the race strong. The first mile, even though I was trying to go out slow, was ran at a 10:45 pace. I was striving for more of a 12 minute pace. The route quickly took us into Iroquis Park near mile 2. This was the hardest part of the whole race. It was very hilly and draining on the legs. By the middle part of mile 5 we were finally out of the park. The rest of the course was relatively flat. At mile 9 we ran through Churchill Downs. This was the highlight of my race. It was great seeing the horses out training for the day. Even though I have lived in this general area my whole life I have never been to the Derby or Churchill Downs. By mile 13 I was ready for the race to be over. This was my longest mile. My quads started burning and I couldn’t push too hard the last mile. My hopes had been to try to sprint the last ¼ mile, but my quads would have none of that. I did sprint the last 1/10th to the finish. My brother was waiting for me at the finish and gave me a big hug. His chip time was 2:07.

I have mixed emotions about this race. I’m both happy and disappointed. My chip time was 2:20:43. My goal was to finish with no expectations, but I did have 2:30 in mind. I’m thrilled I met my personal goal. However, the disappointment came when I had to walk about 4 or 5 times after the park throughout the rest of the race course. The hills were brutal and killed my legs. I underestimated them. There were maybe 6 or 7 big hills. The first couple were okay, but near the end of the park they caught up to me. Do I feel I ran enough miles? Yes, 11 was my longest up til the race. However, I didn’t run enough of the right kind of miles. Hill training would have helped tremendously and I should not have slacked on my strength training.

It is so funny near the end of the race I kept thinking, I’m probably not going to run this distance again. However, now I’m thinking of running the Louisville HM in October to redeem myself and better my time. Also I will be running the Derby HM next year. My DB’s wife (the one who ran the race with me) has committed to running it next year and so has my oldest DB. It is so motivating. At least now I know what the course is like and can train properly. Right now my quads are hurting and I can barely walk up and down stairs. It is comical to look at.

Well, I need to start working. I’ll try to BBL to catch up with personals and read Gayle’s race report.

YEAY KRISTI! Great job girl!! Don't be disappointed hon! You did AWESOME! You have the right attitude...run another and strive to get better but don't get down on yourself for this race. You did AWESOME!!!!:) :) :)

Good morning cheetahs! My work night started out hectic but fortunately settled down and has been more or less quiet for a while
:) :)

Wendy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very special cheetah!!!! You brighten all of our lives with your enthusiasm:7 :7 Raked in some nice gifts yesterday!!! Have a fun time with your running class tonight!

Gayle- I loved your race report!!!! It really moved me... I felt like crying and I wasn't even there!!! Your time is one to be proud of:7 :7 :7 Since you were forced to do so much training indoors on the TM I can see why this race would have been more of a challenge....
next time!!!!! I see a 1:45 finish in your future for sure:)

Kristi- Awesome job..... and you beat your goal by a full 10 minutes
:eek: :eek: :eek: Don't let those ^%$#^&* HILLS get you down! I'm glad you're thinking seriously about going for another HM!!

Cathy- Congrats on finishing up your last grad school class!!!
That must be a relief! Have an awesome p90x day.

Marcia- Sounds like you had a terrific weekend. I'm so glad for you.... you definitely were due for a nice relaxing destressing trip.

SunnyD- I didn't know you were doing the "X" now... how do you like them?

Susan- Thanks for the update yesterday!!! Glad to hear you seem to be doing okay and that we are providing some support for you!

Carole- Got in a good solid 9+ miles!!!!!! WTG :7

Today will be a mostly rest day for me.... I'm taking 2 of them this week:eek: :eek: I'll just do some abs and stretching after I wake up.

Have a great one everybody!!

ShellyC

Cheetahs Check-in

Good morning, Cheetahs! I had an interesting Sunday. I spent the entire day buying and returning TVs. Is there a Cathe calendar sticker for this? Does hauling TVs up and down the stairs and back and forth to the stores count as a workout? I think I bought all the lemon TVs in Central Texas! You can read all about my TV shopping adventure here:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=9&topic_id=51738#51755

I did not get anything else accomplished yesterday. Thankfully, I finally found a TV that I love, and it was on sale. I looked at it Saturday night and had my heart set on it, but the price was $100.00 more than I wanted to spend. The price dropped $120.00 overnight! What an answer to my prayers. I am so excited. The picture and sound are amazing on this TV. I played part of IMAX2, and the music rocks. I did IMAX3 late last night. Even the Hardcore Series looks and sounds great on this TV. It was a blessing in disguise that the cheap TV I bought Saturday night and the replacement TV I bought yesterday were defective because I would not have returned to Circuit City yesterday afternoon and discovered this great deal otherwise. I got a $300.00 Sharp LCD TV for $180.00!

I did the warm-up, standing segment, and stretch from Gym Style legs this morning. I am planning to jog in the pool at the club with Rebecca after work.

Susan, you and in my thoughts and prayers today.

Wendy, happy birthday! Enjoy a piece of cake for me!

Gayle, congratulations on a great race! I would love to start scrapbooking. Right now, I am more into scrap piling. LOL!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Me too!!! Great story, Gayle!! You should be proud of yourself. And you're right to respect the half marathon distance. It's a tough one!! Hope you're relaxing & stretching well today!! Any pics to share??

Great job making your goal by a long shot, Kristi!! Sounds like a great race!! Hills definitely make a huge difference when you're running a half marathon. I remember my first half was really hilly & it was really difficult towards the end!! It's funny how when you're running it you might think you'll never do it again & then you're planning out the next race when you're done!! Proper training will definitely help, Cathe's leg workouts are great while training for a long run! Especially the quads!

Any pics to share? I love seeing the running pics!

Wendy ~ Happy birthday to a wonderful Cheetah!! I hope you have a very special day today! Sounds like you had a busy weekend celebrating a bit already! Enjoy! (and I'm right behind ya, my bday's on Friday!)

RE: Cheetahs Check-in

Good morning Cheetahs! Happy Birthday Wendy!!

Carole - Great job on the 9.45 miles! How are the legs and glutes this morning?

Wendy - Hope you have a great day today! How cool that you and your mom's birthdays are so close. My daughter was born on my sister's birthday. Congrats on the weight being at an all time low!! P90X didn't do much for my BF either. Think I added too much cardio to the rotation.

Cathy - Friday will be here before you know it. When will school be out for the summer?

Sunny - Have a good workout! Forgot to ask, how did the boys do while you were on vacation?

Marcia - Sending good vibes your way for the board meeting tonight. How is ds foot?

Gayle - Congratulations on completing your HM!! Sorry you didn't do it in the time you wanted but it looks good to me. Great story about why you were running. I'm sitting here all teary eyed. Proud of you girl!! Will you do another this year or wait?

Kristi - Congratulations on completing your HM too!! I think you did an awesome job. Hills was my downfall in my 5K. I know I need to work them in more if I plan on doing anything more than a 10K. Glad you decided to give it another try.

Shelly - Did I read that right? Two rest days for you? You deserve them. So, enjoy!

Heather - Hauling the tv around sounds like a workout to me. LOL!! Glad you finally found the right one.

Christine - How did your race go this weekend? Did you find a sitter for Jimmy?

I did ibi iClimb Boot Camp and a Zencast stretch.

Have a great Monday ladies!

Jackie

Hey Cheetahs! Busy day y'day for me. We had church, then came home & Greg & I did Chest & BackX. I made the mistake of just having a protein shake after church (it had been a good 5 hrs since breakfast) and then working out. I felt a bit sick to my tummy, but I still pushed myself on the pushups/ pullups. I'm improving! And Greg really brought it, he improved on EVERYTHING! I'm amazed at how much stronger he's getting and he's really liking the strength workouts. He's a muscular guy anyway from *farm boy* type stuff- chopping wood, hunting w/ a bow (those are hard to pull!), etc. But this is his first real program. He's going all for bulk, heavy weights & low reps. He has some roofing projects he's doing w/ friends again this summer, he'll be carrying those bundles one handed! LOL

Anyway... we did the workout early because then I had play practice. It was lots of fun, I so enjoy playing my flute. I felt kinda strange walking in the room w/ a whole bunch of teenagers!! I heard a few whispers of *who* is that?? Then they realized I was there to play flute and they were really nice. I don't know if they thought I was a new student or what??? :eek: Dress rehearsals all this week, that will be fun.

I'm supposed to do PlyoX today but I'm just not into that workout so much. I don't find it that difficult. I might do IMAX 2 just for the fun factor! We'll see if it bothers my calf at all.

Have a great day, Cheetahs! Looks like another gorgeous day out, Allison & I will head outside in a bit!

Hey everybody!

Kristi-GREAT JOB on all accounts….finishing, beating 2:30, DOING IT!!!!!!!! I laugh, too, at the thoughts DURING the race of not doing that distance again and then when it’s over you start thinking WHAT’S NEXT? LOL Me too! GREAT JOB, seriously. It’s a feat, doing any distance. Congrats!!!

Thanks, everybody, on the thoughts on the HM. Yes....I'm definitely doing another this year. Philly's Distance Run (HM) is in September and I'd like to really improve on my performance at that race last year. That HM marked the first time I started 'disrespecting' the HM distance. lol I thought, "oh, it's only half of Disney....I can do this"...well, the HM proved me wrong. lol SO.....Philadelphia Distance Run it is in September. I've got a few smaller runs/races between now and then.

Gotta get house cleaning if I don't want my company to pass out tonight! LOL

Gayle

Hey everyone,

gayle- what a wonderful story. i have tears in my eyes. thanks so much for sharing. great job on your HM!! thanks for the compliments. we love our boys, right!!

wendy- enjoy your running class tonight. no i am not doing a X rotation. just going to use some of the workouts. i forgot to answer your ? yesterday. i did not charge my client. it was fun for both of us and now i have a running buddy!

kristi- do NOT get disappointed. you did tremendous!!!!!!!! even beat the time you had in your head. the first time is always a learning experience. i am so happy for you.

energizer bunny AKA shelly-:D as stated to wendy, no X rotation. just using the workouts. i love tony's workouts. just not in the mood for a 90 day rotation.

jackie- thanks for asking:) the boys did just fine. we spent about $100 in phone calls, lol. however all was well on the homefront. what kind of kickboxing gloves do you have?

i am so sad i missed the sportsdrill class on saturday. spoke to some folks and the class sounds so awesome. unfortunately they do not have it on the schedule for this monthx(

jess- imax2 is my favoritest workout!! enjoy.

heather- good job tackling imax3.

ttyl...:)

OK, I did IMAX 2, I just love that workout. It's just fun! And then did about half of PlyoX. I did all of the exercises once (since they all repeat). Good workout! I'll do ARX later.

I'm off to play outside w/ Allison & mow. What a gorgeous day!! Enjoy!

Sunny ~ Love the new avatar!! You are gorgeous & your boys are soooo cute!! IMAX 2 is one of my fav workouts too. I'm glad I did it- I missed Cathe's step workouts! I really like the X workouts too, but Plyo & Kenpo are not my favs!! I'm really enjoying the yoga too, more than I thought I would.

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies!!

Well, unfortunately, I did not get to run yesterday – I had puppy duty, but that’s okay. I knew when I got him that I would have to make trade offs. DH ran and really enjoyed it. And we had a blast in Monterey and Carmel. Jimmy had a great time too – went for a short run on the beach, then he got to play with another 3 month old Aussie pup who just happened to be there. Then he was totally socialized by tons of people who wanted to pet the cute little, er ah, “What kind of dog is that?” We went for dinner to Forge in the Forest in Carmel and not only do they allow dogs on the outside patio – they have their own special menu for them – so Jimmy got to split a Quarter “Hounder” with Kimo (who also went – but not to the race).

It was interesting being on the other end of a race – I got to watch the winner run in – Jeff Gardina from Santa Cruz (which is right across the mountain from me). He was the favorite. 2 hours 25 minutes and 48 seconds. Amazing that anyone can run such a hilly course as that in that time. And while he was running hard, he seemed to be enjoying himself as well. Some people crossed in pain, others just ran across like it was nothing. Gave me a new appreciation for the sport of running. So, I do not at all feel as if I got gypped. I really enjoyed myself. Unfortunately, the 10.6 mile run/walk is not considered competitive, so there is no chip time, which is a bummer because it’s such a great distance.

Anyway, today was iClimb 17 Core on my bike (it actually worked out well surprisingly), followed by Judy’s PP/SS UB Blast – chest only. Nice little workout. Time to get back on track food wise.

So now to personals…

Susan – {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!!!! I’m sorry to hear about your mom! I’m glad DH is going with you – you need his support and love. Take care of your dad, too – I know mine was very lost during this time – even though it was expected. As you said – you think you are prepared, but it totally blindsides you with the finality. If there is anything you need (for the girls, or whatever) please do not hesitate to ask. I’m praying for your mom’s soul and for you and your family.

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY!!!!!!*** Hope it’s as fun filled and sunny as you are!

Cathy – enjoy CST and ARX! I haven’t had time to read the weekend’s posts – but whatever you’re studying for I know you’ll do well. Glad you recovered from your Tequila induced hangover. I refer to that beverage of choice as ToKillYa… I have to be careful drinking it. :+

Sunny – enjoy P90X S&A! How’s P90X treating ya? I LOVE your avatar – what a stunner you are!! And your boys are so adorable!!!

Marcia – sounds like a wonderful weekend. I love those kinds of weekends!

Wendy – I think we all need to say “whatever” more often. We’re fit and beautiful regardless of what the scale and clippers say! I love your attitude and I hope you enjoy your birthday!!!

Gayle – Sounds like you had an incredible experience, even though it was a tough one on your HM! I so love reading your stories about your runs. You put into words things that I cannot even begin to describe. Thanks for sharing!

Kristi – I’ve heard running a half or full marathon compared to giving birth. Right after you run one you’re thinking, “Heck no, I’ll never do this again!” But as the pain starts to diminish and the memories of the accomplishment start to come out then you start to consider another one. Good for you for thinking of another one sooner! I’m impressed. Great insight on your next half, too. And 2:20 for your first half, especially a hilly one, is great! WAY TO GO!!!

Shelly – TWO rest days this week? *looks around, under the chair, behind the computer… Finally looks up* Okay, who are you and what did you do with our Shelly? :p After the stressful nights you’ve had working, I can so understand. Besides you’ll come back stronger and more ready than ever!!!

Heather – sorry about the TV Experience! Glad you found the perfect one!

Jackie – how do you like iClimb Bootcamp? Now that I can do it at home with my bike I may try it.

Jess – oooh, a buff DH – eh? I’m sure you’ll be enjoying the results as much as he is! }( Enjoy your day! And have fun with your flute. I play saxophone and I know how fun it is to play with a group!

Carole – thanks for keeping everyone posted on my whereabouts! And great job on your long run!! I’m so happy to see you running like that again!

Well, I suppose I should go back to work… Enjoy ladies!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.