///CHEETAHS\\\ Sunday fun...

lederr

Cathlete
hello all you wonderful women!

well, i was pretty tired last night and went to bed early (around 9) but tossed and turned most of the night (had some wierd dreams). then, around 0400, my eyes *popped* open and i was wide awake. no sense in just lying there. so, here i am. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_202.gif

i am all caught up on personals (can you believe that, slacker cheetah me?), but wanted to get this party started, yeah!

so, i have changed my siggy to include tantrum girl because i have grown very fond of her. maybe i will take her off when i can run regularly again, but she is just so darn cute! i am SURE i would not be saying this if she was my kid!!! OMG!

i am thinking about bosu, kickbox mish mosh, and *possibly* B&G for today (i really like the luxury of long workouts on weekends). i NEVER do legs because it makes me so sore and i can't run, but since i can't run now, i guess i should be doing them. i just remember the first time i did nazi nadia and was so incredibly sore for a while (actually, i could do bbc legs, it's shorter but pretty effective)! i want to really go all out today and monday becuase tuesday will most likely be a rest day. a friend and i are going to see matchbox 20. her hubby is the manager of phillips arena (where they are playing) and got us tickets. basically, he can get us tickets to anythng. i probably wouldn't buy tickets but i definitely like them enough to go. i am trying to get her to get tickets to daughtry. he is coming with bon jovi, but to be honest, while i like bon jovi well enough, i would just go for daughtry. his album is amazing and i don't even really like his type of music (well, i shouldn't say that. it's just his stuff is a little more hard rock than i usually listen to but then again, my mp3 has nine inch nails, nirvana, and some other stuff like that on it)! to be honest, i am more of a country, oldies, singers and songwriters gal but none of that is good to run to.

anyway, i hope you are all warm and tucked in your beds in sleepyland. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_8_4v.gif

"see" you soon!

p.s. ever notice how many typos you make when you are tired? i have had to edit this TWICE!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/morningalphorn.gif Happy Sunday, cheetah babes!

I plan to enjoy a relaxing early morning, work out (TBD once I see what the weather's doing) and then focus on work.

[marquee bgcolor="#6699FF" scroll amount=5 direction="left"][font size=+1]Onto personals...:7 :7 :7[/marquee]

:: Lorie :: I've been up since 0400, too. But I nodded off at 6 pm (!!) and was down for the count...I’m surprised you had no takers on the Yoga for Happiness vid…it’s such a good one…ooh, I love the 4DS premixes…try the ones that aren’t total u/b…love the new sig…glad you are getting into KB. It’s especially great on those days you need a big stress release!

:: Lori :: Hey, that cold of yours hasn’t been slowin’ you down any.

:: Sunny :: hope DS’s little ears are feeling better. Sorry you & Christine weren’t able to meet up. Last time she was in the Philly area, we missed one another, too. It’s a good feeling to see how far you’ve advanced with the workouts, isn’t it?

:: Christine :: hope your return trip hope was a smooth one.

:: Wendi :: Wellll, I wouldn’t call the Wii a workout, but it’s fun and fairly active…Hope the meds take care of things…How much longer do you have on them? Keep us posted. In the meantime, more good vibes comin’ your way.

:: Wendy :: Glad you enjoyed some hang time with BF Friday night. I’m a fan of Applebee’s WW menu…what did you order? My favorite is the confetti chicken. Laughed so hard when I read your comment: [font color=orange]<<If I play it smart I know I can learn the moves w/o getting so frustrated that I want to get smash the DVD's to pieces!>>[/font] EGADS! You bought the ab wheel…I haven’t used that sucker b/c it bothers my low back. What did you think of it?

:: Judy :: you have tapped into my thoughts exactly. I do love learning and challenging myself, but I think it is time to slow down…*lol* about your cat. That’s one way to add extra intensity to your dips!

:: Carole :: how often does it snow out by you?…I feel the same about watching the snow fall. Something about it is so peaceful and relaxing. I love to look out the window at night and see the snow illuminate everything. *lol* about your mom asking if you want cake. Did DH follow through on the Pain Free suggestions?

:: Shelly :: I’m not familiar with the All Body workouts, but it sounds like a doozy!…I went to Blue Mountain in the Poconos. We lucked out as the conditions were decent this time. It was a great day for skiing.

:: Jackie :: DBF only eats once a day?? How do men DO that?! I am enjoying what I’ve done so far of X+. IntervalX+ is probably my favorite. I’m mixing it up, though. Am craving variety and spontaneity these days. How’s the progress on the house coming along? Wow, 25 minutes on the foam roller seems like a long time.

:: Linda :: it’s good to “see” you! We miss ya when you can’t post but understand things get busy. (((HUGS))) I hope that whatever’s going on with you, it’ll be alright…We’re here for you…yes, you need a cheetah name, too!

:: Dallas :: glad all the kiddos had a blast. 22 of ‘em?? Bless your heart…My students have talked up DDR…sounds like fun. This is a pretty good site for HTML basics: http://www.annabella.net/basics.html

:: Thomasina :: BIG congrats on landing the new position! The schedule change (and pay boost!) sounds like a sweet deal…hope you can convince DH to hit the trails with you. If we lived near each other, you’d definitely have a ski buddy in me!

Yesterday was an excellent day on the slopes...I http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_heart.gif my new skis!! The customization made a HUGE difference ~ turning left is SO much easier now. I can't wait to get these up to Killington!

As mentioned to Lorie, I crashed last night at 6 pm. I think the demanding week finally caught up with me. I wound up with 3 rest days from exercise this week…one was b/c of the extreme DOMS and the other two were b/c of my schedule...Realistically, I probably have to accept that this is what the pace may be for the next two months, and I'll need to adapt as best I can. I *do* need to get my eating back on track consistently, though. I did so well with my BFL-style plan the first week in January, but here it is the end of the month and I can't say the same. DOOHHHH! I tend to LOOK calm under stress, but it manifests itself through my eating junk, and I can't afford to do that anymore. I have to find another way (in addition to working out) to cope.

OK, enough babbling. Much love to my cheetahs...have a GREAT Sunday!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning cheetahs,

lorie- i hope you were able to fall back asleep. lol, re: "nazi nadia". i actually like her:) . enjoy your KB mish-mosh this morning.

cathy- you and me both have to get back on track with our eating. i was doing really good for a good while not sure what happened the last two weeks;( . i am starting today!

thomasina- many congrats on the new job!! sounds like a great opportunity for you. thanks for saying i am a good mom. i try my absolute best:D as i am sure all of us mommies do!

dallas- we have DDR and i love playing it with the boys! i love the idea of alot of the games now being something they can actually get off the couch and move with. they are nice to have on cold, yucky days when you are stuck inside.

wendy- please don't hate me but i am bailing on the X+ rotation in feb. i really want to start do the NROL4W rotation. i am always buying these books and then they wind up just sitting on the bookshelf because i run out of interest. so i am determined to give this one a go. i am however going to do the first week of the X+ rotation this week, just to check out the workouts.

ok, so i am not sure what workout i am going to do today. i am thinking 4DS KB/BC will report back once completed.

oh btw ladies- i heard there is a possibility tony is going to do a new leg workout sometime this year. i hope that is true!!

i am so excited re: cathe's MMA workouts!!!!! i haven't been able to continue with the muay thai classes i had been attending because of my hectic schedule. now it seems cathe will bring them to my home. wooohooo!!

Good morning lovelies!

Once again, I'm going to have to be fly-by Cheetah this morning. I never got back here last night on account of a long workday (imagine that *rolls eyes*) and then dinner out with SO. I had enough time to read through yesterday's thread but that's it for now. I will catch up with you all tonight...cross my heart, swear to, well, you know ;).

This morning was 4DS KB/BC/HIS cardio...nice little workout! It satisfied the "I feel like doing a little bit of everything, except weights" mood I was in this morning. I also needed to make sure that I didn't do anything that would be DOMS inducing before my long run with my neighbor tomorrow. We both need to get crackin on our HM training. (which I just discovered is three weeks sooner than I thought...GULP!) I'm actually quite askeered of what she has planned. She said hilly 10 mile loop...the last time she said "hilly" we ran 4 miles straight up the side of a mountain in the Shawangunks :eek:!

Okay, catch you guys later! Have a fantastic Sunday!

Good Morning Chatty Cheetahs!:)

Lorie: LOL about not liking tantrum girl so much if she were your kid! Too funny but how true. Sorry you couldn't sleep in a bit but it seems you got decent rest. You went to bed early so it's not so bad, right?

Cathy: Glad your new skiis are da bomb! I'm sure you'll have a blast with them up in Killington! Right now we are deciding between saturday feb 2 (which I know you can't join in on) and the sat or sun of Pres day weekend to go skiing. It may just come down to weather and babysitting availability. I'll let you know know for sure though when we figure it out. I only gave the ab wheel a couple of rolls but I think I will like it. It's like Cath's roll out on the stability ball. Can you do it on the ball w/o back issues?

Sunny: I hate you!:p Nah, I don't hate you. I'm disappointed that I won't have you as my X+ partner. It's great motivation to do a long rotation like that with someone but that's OKAY. I am no stranger to changing my mind girl!;) I was just at Barnes and Noble last night looking at all of the diet and fitness books and saw New Rules of Lifting for Women. I was so tempted to buy it. When you are done with your rotation, let me know what you thought. I'll wait on the purchase until I hear the EXPERT'S opinnion on it!:)

Wendi: So when and where is this HM you are running in?? I think I recall it being early in the year which probably wouldn't work for me but I'm looking for my first HM to run this year. Problem is with my plan to do an X+ rotation, I won't be able to train properly for it and I don't want to tackle it w/o the training. :eek:

Lori: So did your work relief show up early y'day? It's always nice to get out earlier then expected.

Christine: Hope you made the drive to Raleigh safely!

Judy: We decided against eating at CF on friday night. There would likely be a long wait that we didn't want to deal with. We went to Applebees and ate off the WW menu instead!:) I am usually okay with overhead extensions but they were bothering my elbows when I did them in S&H. Lying tricep extensions have ALWAYS bothered my elbows but overhead never used to. Perhaps it was just a fluke that one day but I decided I didn't want to take the chance so I did the dips instead. Certainly an effective substitute!}(

Tess: Why not stick around? It's one amazing group of women here and we'd love to have you! :)

Carole: Did you enjoy your yoga y'day? I used the weighted gloves a little bit y'day. The next time I do k/b I will use them more. I'm sure they make it tougher!}(

Shelly: So how was your 8 miler y'day? Glad you had fun with your "All Body" marathon! How's the studying for your P/T certification going, btw??

Jackie: So how's the new house coming along? Good job on your Itread! I'm excited to start running 2x a week come February. I had my schedule changed at work so now I can do it! YAY! I'll be doing it w/the X+ rotation.

Linda: Long time no see! Hope you can get back to posting more often!

Dallas: I hope you finished your laundry, etc from y'day. You got back for personals so I gather you did. :) Dinner last night was tuna fish cakes and broccoli. It was quick-n-easy. I just wanted to eat before leaving the house. We took DS to B&N to play with the Thomas the train set-up they have there and then we went to Blockbuster and rented a movie....I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry...It was FUNNY!:7

Thomasina! Congrats on the new position! WTG cheetah!!!!:+ Your DH would get soooo irritated me with as I am usually running late! My DH gets irritated at times as does my mom but my mom can't get TOO mad because my sister and I are both late and we get it from our dad! :p

K, I think that catches me up on personals. PHEW! LOL

So since I blew off weights y'day I have S&H Legs n Shoulders on tap for today and Abs/Core+ as well if I have time.

Last night we took Joey to Barnes and Noble to play with the Thomas the train set up they have there. He loves it but it was a fight to get him outta there-he threw a tantrum. :-( I was nosing around all of the fitness and nutrition books. My gosh could I have spent some $$$ there! LOL

Off to get more coffee!:9

i actually managed to fall back asleep which is something i am never able to do once i wake up. i just woke up again and i feel much more rested.

cathy-so glad you love your skiis. i have never done it before, but i would love to learn and take you up on your ski trip offer sometime! you know, we all love our workouts, but sometimes life does get in the way. don't worry. it's short-term and soon you will be nationally board certified http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_5.gif

sunny-i can't believe you like the nazi!!! she's sooo tough. i think part of the problem is that even thouogh joey and rick are tough, they are niiiiice to look at! woo-hoo!

wendy-nice mish mosh you have planned! lol about your "hilly" 10 miles tomorrow! you'll have to give us a report! i did fall back asleep which i hardly ever do so i am feeling better. last weekend, i woke up at 0130 (probably went to bed around 10) and NEVER fell back asleep!

i am going to try to find some butt glue remover (BGR) for a serious case of BG i have right now. i want to get in my w/o and i need to cleanmax the upstairs (now, i am glad i did downstairs yesterday. i also did the basement w/o room).

okay, gotta go find that BGR...

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie..I did look at the Impact part on page 214. Interesting and as I do agree I think every persons case and injuries would be different. At this point I don't think running every day and trying to get rid of this hip pain with his exercises would heal my hip very quick. I have always felt a mix of high and low or no impact is a good thing..:)...good job on your EXT. Love the tanrum girl on your siggy!! I would LOVE to see Matchbox 20...I am so jealous...my music tastes are all over the chart, I just don't like rap or country much. The country I did listen to years ago was Exile and Restless Heart. I like alternative, oldies, hard rock and rock & roll.

Cathy...we might get some snow like once a year and it usually only stays a day or so. Every few years we get bombarded, like the end of 2003 we got like 14 inches and dozens of trees broke everywhere! I have some snow pics from then on my Picture trail acct. DH had told me he would start reading the 1st 3 chapters of PF yesterday, of course that did not happen. I got a bit pissy and said to myself "Well of course he does not want to be pain free, what else would he bitch about?"..NO, I did not say that to him...I did ask my Physical Therapist if he knew about this book, and he did. He thought the hip exercises would be great for DH! With your demanding schedule I can see why you would miss your workouts, trying to stay on track with the BFL eating would be what I would try during these tough weeks. I am also a stress junk eater...

Sunny..I did YogaX, did about 10 min of the warm-up and skipped about 15 min of all the warrior poses and upward, downward dogs (that part drives me nuts!) then finished the rest. That really is a good yoga workout. I have met Christine and she is as nice in person as she sounds on the phone..:)..I am so happy to see Brenda will be in the new STS workouts!!!!

Wendi...good job with the cardio workout. When is your HM?

Wendy..I think I got my 6 lb med ball at Target. That is cute DH went with you in the shoe store..:)...I know you will get Amy's KBX, I think getting her kbx choreography is easier than getting the choreography from her ASCII. I visited with Tony for Yoga yesterday and it was fun as I cut out about 15 mins of the warrior poses and the numerous upward and downward dogs!!

Shelly...I have always though yoga to be good for you regularly. I know for me what stopped that was that the upwards dog was hurting my lower back. So I tried Pilates instead. But my hip e-cises seem to help my low back too and yoga is fun again! Hope you had a nice 8 mile run.

Jackie...yoga was fun and I do feel like I am getting more flexible and stronger. DH is kinda being a butthead about the exercises...:(..That is great about you getting back your speed! Taking some time off running sure has helped..Do you have a finish date for your new house?

Linda...HI!! Nice to see you, hope you can stop by more often soon!

Dallas...that is great about the party!! And then ds and the team winning their first soccer game!! Woo Hoo!!! I think for any famly it is all about priorities, and you do a great job. It can be tough fighting our parents genes but we are at least trying!! No, we have not gotten anymore snow. It really has been colder this winter. I also don't mind driving in it as my car has 4 wheel drive and if you go slow and pay attention it is a piece of cake..:)

Posh..Congrats on the new job!! What will you be doing? I think our elevation is about 800. Now they are expecting maybe more on Tues. I have to say I am really enjoying the 2nd book by Pete also.

I am going to try a 6 mile run today and maybe some time on my Nordic after. It is raining now so the run will be wet! I feel so lost on sundays now without Football...geeze, I might have to try some cleanmax...:D

Have a great day...

Good Morning –

I’m home – long trip yesterday, but I’m here. I was attacked my DD15 and Jimmy – so it was nice. I had an absolutely wonderful conversation with Sunny on my way up the road, so even though we did not get to meet, we did get to talk, and I really enjoyed it! She’s very sweet and funny. My only regret is that we did not get to meet in person. I’m hoping to be back this summer with the family, so hopefully then!

Today is Amy’s Slo Mo Back and Shoulders, and ASCII. I haven’t don’t that one in so long, so I’m very excited!

Cathy – So happy to hear about you loving your new skis! Sounds like you had a great time yesterday! I’m laughing because now I want a Wii! Sounds like you had a great time with it!

Lori – Glad you’re feeling better! Nice of you to help your mom color her hair!

Sunny – I SOOO enjoyed speaking with you yesterday and I absolutely cannot wait to meet you in person! You have some great ideas – I hope they come to fruition!

Wendi – so tell me how you do the pendulums across the step on the BOSU? I’m breaking down and getting mine on Thursday! I cannot wait!

Wendy – I like the Applebee’s WW menu – they do a good job! Sounds like you had a great night Friday! Yeah Amy’s KBX is very different – more Hi/Lo KB – then straight KB. Great job on the shopping trip! I love Barnes and Noble – or just about any book store! I’m a book junkie!

Judy – Thanks – I’m back!

Carole – I love falling snow, too. One thing I miss about the East Coast is the first real snow fall of winter – I always go out and walk in it. I got to do that in Chicago this year. How’s DH coming with the hip exercises? I know what you mean about football. DH is going to be lost as well. I won’t know how to entertain him. :p I’ll miss it, too!

Lorie – DP is sitting at my feet just happy as can be. It’s so nice to be so wanted! How was CCPP? I like that one. I like your tantrum girl, too – she’s cute! Enjoy your BOSU KB mish mosh!

Shelly – Both of the All Body workouts – eh? And you wonder why we call you SuperCheetah! :p And an 8 mile run after. Wow! You always give me a goal to work towards!

Jackie – Chicken corn soup is a Pennsylvania Dutch standard. It is good. Great job on improving your speed!! Yeah, LaundryMax is on my agenda today.

Linda – good to “see” you again!

Dallas – How wonderful that the party was great! 22 kids? You are brave!!! I’m happy DS won his first soccer game! Thanks for the info on Iron Core!

Thomasina – YAY on the job! Sounds like a great one! I’m so happy for you! When I got home last night, JimDog about wiggled himself in two. He does not have a tail so he compensates by wiggling his entire back end. He was so cute. He’s still thrilled this morning. Gotta love dogs.

Oh, I was talking to my Aunt Babs (my mom was one of 6 kids – and she’s was the 4th, Babs is the oldest and is in her late 70’s). She and my Uncle Steve have always been active. She told me that this weekend she was doing a ski trip with the “Over 70 Crowd”. Then she mentioned than several of the members are over 90!! See – keep up that active lifestyle and you can do what you love in your later years! I LOVE it! Well, it’s LaundryMax and Grocery Max today after the workout! Enjoy!!

Wow, I had a busy morning quite by accident!

I was preparing to make DS and DH pancakes for breakfast. I needed a measuring cup so I went to pull it off the shelf in an upper cabinet in my kitchen and as I did I saw the entire shelf above it starting falling out of the cabinet right towards me! (It was strange cause it seemed like it was happening in slow motion!) It had 3 or 4 pieces of glass pyrex on it!!!:eek: I knew I wouldn't be able to save it so I just took off running. Thankfully DS was not with me. He was in the living room with his father. I got away but as I was scurrying around the corner I heard the giangantic *CRASH*! Luckily only 1 piece broke but boy did it shatter into millions of pieces. As you can well imagine DH and I spent ALOT of time cleaning that mess up! I still made pancakes but it was a little delayed. :p Scarey stuff but no one was hurt and I am soooo thankful DS was NOT in the room at the time!:eek: I have a feeling I will be cleaning up glass for weeks now. I have to keep DS from crawling around on the kitchen floor and can't let him run around in there w/o shoes on either for a while. UGH. x(

So I must confess how bad I was last night! I mentioned that DH and I watched a movie last night but I failed to mention all of the cr@p I consumed!!! I drank a martini, shared TWO bags of microwave popcorn with DH while drinking a beer and then proceeded to eat a freakin' Entenman's chocolate donut!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I amaze myself at how good I am most of the time but boy when I get out of control, I REALLY go nuts! LOL

Well I guess it's time to go find some lunch. I'll be back a bit later for personals. Hope everyone is having a nice day. :)

Morning Gals!

It's been slow moving here. DH and I went our for sushi and a movie last night. The movie didn't get out until 11:30P! That's late for us. ha! Then we always get into lengthy discussions with our babysitter. She's such a sweet girl! :) So, no workout to speak of yet. DD has her first soccer game of this session. Same place as ds's y-day. FAR!!!

Wendy ~ That's horrible! Yeah, you'll be finding glass a long time. :( Glad no one was hurt! At first I thought you had all those things at the movie theater. ha ha!! I love browsing the fitness and nutrition books at the bookstore. I picked up that New Rules of Lifting for Women recently.

Christine ~ That's great about your aunt and uncle!!! :) Hopefully, we'll all be that active when we reach that age! Oh, I had the party out so that makes 22 kids very bearable!! ;-) They stay pretty busy! :) Glad you and Sunny were able to at least talk on the phone. :)

Carole ~ Oh it was ds5's b-day and ds8's first soccer game. I guess that was a little confusing. LOL on Cleanmax to replace football. :D I've got to start the closets around here. :( Have fun on your run? Is this your first run post injury? I can't remember now...I seem to think you tried it not long ago?

Wendi ~ What a workout! Have fun on your long, hilly run! :)

Sunny ~ MMA workouts? I missed something???? I looked on the Blog and didn't see anything about MMA....hmmmm.

Cathy ~ Thanks for all the help with colors, etc. I'll check out that link. Glad you had a nice time breaking in your new skis! :) Sounds like you know just what to do...as far as getting your work, workouts, etc. done. How much longer for the NB?

Lorie ~ I love Bon Jovi and Daughtry! That sounds like fun!! IA Daughtry is a bit more hard rock for me too, but os nice to listen to while working out. :) So, what's CCPP like? How long is it?

Posh ~ Way to go on the new job!!! Sounds like it's a better fit for you and your family!

Well, I better get back to ds's project for school. We're printing pictures from my photo library right now.

Have a great day and workouts!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

drive by posting because i have got to get moving on that cleanmax! i did bosu blast, 4DS KB, and B&G. not sure if i'll be able to walk tomorrow, but i feel great now. one thing that TOTALLY surprised me was that my HRM said i burned 462 calories in 50 minutes doing bosu blast (i didn't do the abs parts). that was surprising. i wouldn't have thought it would be that much. i really wish there were more bosu cardio workouts.

anyway, gotta go do cleanmax and shower.

kisses!

Christine...that is nice you got to speak for a bit with Sunny. I bet your DD and Jimmy were so happy Mommy was home. Enjoy your Amy workout. DH has not even tried the exercises...:)...(see my post earlier to Cathy)...I liked the Over 70 Crowd story. I know for sure most of us will still be moving quite well in our 70's!!

Wendy...how scary all the stuff crashed!! I am glad you got outta there and that ds was not in there! I might have shared everything with you last night except for the martini and donut...:D

Dallas...yikes! 11:30 would be late for us too..:)..The run was fun. No this was not my first run since the injury, I am still running 3 days a week but have cut back on distance on sundays as that is usually when the pain sets in the longer I run.

Lorie...sounds like you got in a good workout.

I had a mostly pain free run. I felt a bit of hip tightness on the last couple of downhills. I know by that I am not ready yet for much distance. Need to get some laundymax done and maybe some relaxing TV time...:)

hello ladies,

christine- glad you are back safe and sound! i really enjoyed my conversation with you yesterday as well. next time we are GTG for sure!

carole- sorry no football today:-( . hope you enjoyed your run and i am joining you with laundrymax.

dallas- she mentions the MMA workouts right under the boxing gloves. i am starting the NROF4W rotation next month.

shelly- maybe we should call you wonderwoman cheetah:7

wendy- oh no, what a scary spill. i am sure you will make sure your baby does not cut his feet;( . glad you are not hatin' me:7 you should have gotten the book. sounds like we both enjoyed ourselves last night. we rented and watched evan almighty (cute movie) and ate pizza, drank soda, ice cream and cake...good lord we were outta control.

lorie- glad you enjoyed your bosu workout today! have you seen the one from mindy myrlea?

so today's workout was ironcore kettlebells vol 1 and the dome portion of HLD. i really enjoyed the kettlebell workout. i need to start incorporating them more into my workouts.

A quick workout report and then I should be able to come back for personals a little later.

I did a short 2 mile run (loved the fresh air!) followed by the first 3 segments of Bosu Sports Conditioning: Skiing & Snowboarding, which I liked it a lot. Those segments were a little over 20 minutes. I also did segment one of Bosu Absolutely Abs. This was a decent core workout (about 15 min. long) but not as hard as the work in Seasun's Bosu Blast, I must say. Also, one downfall: the DVD isn't chaptered, so you have to forward through the opening introduction. Mildly annoying, but overall, I'm glad to have another Bosu-specific workout. Segment 2 looked interesting, so I'm looking forward to trying that.

OK, gotta shower up and get to work! Confession: I napped this afternoon when I shoulda been working.

BBL!

OK, there aren't too many personals, so I figured I'll bang those out before I tackle my lesson plans...

Sunny :: Oh no, so the kettlebells will be next on our lists, eh? *lol* Glad you enjoyed it.

Wendy :: Yikes! I’m glad no one was hurt when the shelf crashed. Such a pain to get up all the shards…Which w/out does the rollouts? I can’t remember.

Wendi :: hope you didn’t have to work too long today…have a great 10-miler tomorrow!

Lorie :: a cheetah ski trip would be AWESOME! Thank you for the NB support. I really appreciate it b/c, well, I don’t have much of a support system for that, and I think it is a process that requires one. My family and non-teaching friends don’t really “get” what it is, my BF asks about it occasionally but is mostly busy with her own stuff, and I don’t really talk about it with anyone at school, except my co-teacher. So, THANKS! :7…I don’t really care for Nadia's workout, either.

Carole :: *lol* about DH…although I must admit I find it annoying to listen to someone complain when they won’t TRY to do anything about it…You would think the healthy habits would rub off…sorry the hip acted up on the downhills…hope you enjoy your TV time. I do find myself wanting to veg out more in the winter months.

Christine :: Oh yes, I am lovin’ the Wii!…I’m SO happy you are joining the Bosu madness!! Love Aunt Babs’ ski trip with the “Over 70 Crowd.” Hope that’s me someday!

Dallas :: the NB stuff ends in June (amen) :)…what movie did you see last night?…good luck with the school project.

Waves a warm hello to anybody else checkin' in tonight. Talk with you all in the AM!

I don't have a lot of time, but I did want to tell Dallas - you enabled me! I had to run to Target to get my DD15 ink for the printer, and I ended up with the 15 pound kettlebell and the Iron Core DVD. I'm going to do that tomorrow. I'm very excited. I guess this means I'll have to order Amy's workout as well. :p

I've been non stop today! Did GroceryMax, then my workout, then CookMax and have been doing LaundryMax all day. I was about to sit down when I realized that I did not marinate my chicken for tonight's Tiki Masala (WW has a recipe and I figured I'd try it and see what DH thinks). Made a Cuban Black Bean Soup and my low fat Mac and Cheese.

I'll be back later for personals - or I'll get y'all in the AM!

Hiya Cheetahs!

I just got home a little bit ago, made dinner, and I'm finally sitting down with my grub to catch up with all the hustle and bustle around here.

Lorie - Glad to hear that you were able to get back to sleep for a bit. I definitely found that I burned quite a few more calories on the Bosu than I would have expected...great job on that killer workout today! Let us know if you need a wheelchair tomorrow }( ;). Oh, I love Matchbox 20...have a great time!

Cathy - We are so very similar. I do the same thing when it comes to stress/junk. That has definitely been my downfall recently. Let's both get back on the wagon, shall we? Nice to hear that you're loving your new skis! Thanks for the vibes love! I've got 2 more days of meds and then we'll see. The one in my armpit is a bit more defined and no longer painful. The one on my elbow still hurts a little, although not like it did, and is slightly smaller. I won't be able to get them rechecked until early Feb anyway (no let up with work) so I'm not going to get too concerned if they stay as-is for now.

Sunny - Nice workout today! Keep us posted on that new rotation when you get started.

Wendy - OMG it's a good thing your one speedy Cheetah! I'm glad no one was hurt! What a mess that must have been. GULP...that HM is in Rock Hill, NY on March 2 (double gulp)! I really wish I had those extra weeks to prepare. I guess I'll see how tomorrow goes and take it from there. Maybe the two of us (and anyone else who might like to join) can find one in this area a little later in the year?

Carole - Sorry you're missing your fooball but glad to hear that your runs continue to improve. You're wise to listen to your body and not push the distance for now. That pesky pain will be behind you before too long. My HM is March 2...5 weeks, YIKES!

Christine - Wow, girl, you haven't sit down for moment today, have you? Oh, all that food sounds delish! YAY...you finally get to become a Bosu Cheetah! The trick to the pendulums is to do them in place but DON'T overshoot the middle of the dome or catapulting will occur LOL! I loved your over 70 story...something to strive for!

Dallas - That would be way past my bedtime! What did you go see? Happy Belated Bday to DS!

Posh - Congrats on the new job!!!!!!! May I ask what the postition is...or did I miss that somewhere? Viper is on Cathe's Terminator dvd. I love it because it has segments from Imax 2 and C&W which are some of my favorite step routines.

Shelly - I have to second Sunny's idea of changing your name to "Wonder Woman Cheetah" :eek:! WOW!!!!!! I am loving the added challenge of step choreography on the Bosu. So far the toughest to modify has been the reverse mambo. I can't even describe how I got around that one!

Linda - So nice to see you again! We definitely need to get you a Cheetah name!

Jackie - WTG with your runs! Nice to hear that the house is coming along...you must be so excited. I think NS would be an excellent start for DBF. I've never understood how people can eat like that (1 or 2 meals a day)...I would DIE!!!! My mother and grandmother do that. My grandmother sometimes goes without eating until 3pm :eek:! Of course she doesn't want to hear why that is NOT a good thing *rolls eyes*.

Judy - LOL about the added "cat weight" in your lap during dips. I'd be in trouble if my 17lb guy did that to me!!! I hope you had a nice weekend.

That catches me up for now. I'm so excited that I actually get to sleep in (6:30) tomorrow before my neighbor and I head out for that run. I know my eyes are going to snap open at 4:30 though...ugh! Have a great night everyone!

Hi Cheetah Friends

Today was going to be busy and it was, but we had some unexpected events. My Dear Dad had some chest pain for an hour and a half and casually mentioned it to Dbrother (in another city) on the phone. Dad wasn't planning on acting on it. So when I got the call from DB, I called Dad and told him to put on his coat and that we were going to the ER. We spent the afternoon there, and they are holding him overnight for observation. I will probably bring him home tomorrow. His EKG and blood test came back normal so far. Never a dull moment....

Yesterday was Finn Magically Hips yoga premix and today was unavoidable off from workout day.

I hope to be back tomorrow, however maybe later than usual, and no promises on personals until I get DDad situated.

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good Evening Cheetahs!

I'm heading to bed real soon but I am going to try to knock out personals before I go...:)

Carole: Thanks re the Target idea. I browse thier exercise aisle all the time when I go there. I don't know why I didn't think of looking there! Perhaps I will have to stop there this week!:) You can come over for beer and popcorn any time you want!:+

Christine: That's so great that you and Sunny got to chat on the phone. :+ I am not a book junkie but I DO love B&N. It's such a big store. I could walk around there for hours! And the coffee shop...well, we won't even talk about that!:9 }( :7 Let us know what you think of the kettlebell work out!

Dallas: So what movie did you and DH see? Let me know what you think of New Rules of Lifting for Women once you've read it! Sunny is starting a rotation using the info in that book next week. Maybe you and I will have to follow suit once my X rotation is done!}( I am going to pick up the book if the actual work out gets good reviews from Miss Sunny!:)

Lorie: Your long work outs scare me! LOL Where do you come up with the energy!? }(

Sunny: I saw Evan Almighty. I love Jim Carry! FUNNY MOVIE! :7 Glad to hear I wasn't the only being bad last night. So I assume your TT rotation is just about done? Thoughts? Are you happy you joined the site? Good results?

Cathy: I'm sorry but I have no clue what work out Cathe does the ball roll outs in! LOL I can explain the exercise to you if you want though. :) DH called me into the living room today. He was watching women's ski racing. He said I'll be able to do that one day! LMAO! :p

Wendi: Yeah, March 2 is way too close for me to be able to swing it. I don't want to put off my X+ rotation any longer. Keep an eye out for a future HM we might be able to run together. I'll do the same. :)

K, looks like I'm all caught up! Time for bed now.

See you ladies in the morning!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.