::::Cheetah::::Wednesday May 9

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Cathy, where are you???

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!

I must be the earlier cheetah this morning-odd...

When I stretched before I noticed some DOMS in my upper abs from y'day's ab work out!}( Today is yoga. I am thinking Yoga X but you never know when this Cheetah will change her mind!:p LOL

I'll wrap this post up now to get us started and then I'll go back do a few personals that I didn't do last night.

:+

Shelly: I am inspirational to YOU!? WOW! You are just pullin' my leg, aren't you?? ;)

Carole: OUCHEES! BM2 Power Circuits after B&G are on heck of a way to flush out that lactic acid! }(

Christine: Okay, I admit it...I don't know what you are talking about. What's "have mercy"?? Please don't scold me for not paying attention in class!:p

Jackie: I actually posted to you later last night.

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- i sent an email to tracey yesterday and she responded quickly. saying there was a glitch with the paypal system anyway she mailed my dvd out priority mail. so i should be able to "squeeze" in a couple of days!!

wendy- you are on a roll with yoga now!! good for you. and yes you are an inspiration. you got me to try my first 5k and now have me trying to add yoga into my rotations:). i was schedule to take the group ex class a couple months ago but i rescheduled. didn't feel ready (kinda still don't) however i am taking it on the 19th of this month. i am also going to get certified in spin next month and the metabolic effect class. so i am hoping to be able to teach metabolic effect, spin and TK!

jackie- you are not alone, i too like the standing ab work with joey. i had some DOMS in my obliques.

today's workout is my new favorite:) tracey's kickbox (cardiofest)!!

ttyl...

G'morning Cheetahs!! Guess what??? I went for a 4 mile run this morning!!! I ran w/ my buddies, it was wonderful!! NO calf/ knee/ any pain!! I'm taking it easy & NOT going to reinjure myself!!! So tell me not to try to speed back into Cheetah mode yet!! It just felt so great to be back out there, even dragged myself outta bed at 4:30 to run! I got new shoes last night, they were on sale $20 off. Yeah! AND... I got my new bike!! http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1322600&f=27 Here's a link to a similar bike (if you can't pull it up, it's a Trek 7200 Hybrid). I'm so excited! I took it for a spin last night, Greg hooked up the trailer to it so I pulled Allison, he rode his Trek (that I used to ride!), and Hannah & Kiersten rode their bikes. I love it! Happy bday/ Mother's day to me! :)

Well, today's supposed to be my rest day. I'm not liking this recovery week!! I was supposed to do Kenpo y'day but I did KM w/ leg conditioning drills. ;-)

Kiersten has an appt at the ENT today, we'll see what they want to do w/ her. She still has fluid in her ears so they need to get her all healthy!!

Wendy ~ Enjoy yoga! I might do some of YogaX or StretchX later! Glad to see you back to your indecisive self.

Sunny ~ Congrats on the new job!!! Sounds like you're doing great!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...have fun with whatever Yoga you decide on...I used light weights yesterday so not much ouchee today...:)

Sunny...so Squeeze is a Tracy workout? Looks like I have not een paying attention in class either...enjoy your kickboxing.

Jess...how nice you got a new bike and some on sale running shoes!! Sounds like you had a great run...:)

Christine...oh my is right...120 mins!! Have Mercy sounds like a good name for that one...:)...so how was it?

Jackie...I could be the odd one out as it seems lots of you like Joey's standing abs..probably for me it is due to the pain in my low back that flares up time to time.

Today is BBC A&A, GWW floor legs and a 4-5 mile run

Have a great day...:)

Good morning!

Cathy – Tracey does remind me a lot of the Fluidity instructor with her voice/counting, etc! She sounds a lot like her. I am really, really enjoying Squeeze! I feel just like you with craving variety in your workouts! But you are a lot further into your P90X than me! I am only in Phase II!

Shelly – Good job on the speed training!

Carole – That sounds like some interesting tweaks to B&G’s! Sounds like an awesome EXT/Power Circuit workout, too! Yes…I do think switching things up makes me feel better! :)

Christine – I think that is exactly what has happened to me with P90X and running! I was fine with the other few rotations of P90X over the past couple of years….but…..at that time, I was not trying to train for any races, or add distance. This time, I was trying to train for the 15k and HM. I like what you said about reevaluating the strength training, instead of the running…..I think that is my problem?? 18 is a very tough age for teenage girls! Good luck with that stage! Hope all is well with her!

Jackie – You aren’t the only one on the standing abwork of BBC! I love, love, love it! I always get great DOMS in the right places with it! But…I don’t like pushups! No, no, no! Like you, though….I do them ;)

Wendy – It feels weird when ya get DOM in the upper abs, doesn’t it? I guess it is where we usually work that area a lot. Yes, maybe I will get back into P90X after a while. You did a great job with it!

Sunny – Oh man! I am sorry about your Squeeze! But I am sure you will get it very quickly now! She is really good about being on top of things! I can’t wait to see what you think of it! Are you still excited about your new job? Yay!!! I am so excited for you!

Jess – That is great that you ran 4 miles this morning with NO pain! That is great! Congratulations on your bike!

This morning I did the lower body mix from Squeeze that someone on VF posted and ran 5.5 miles. Hmmmm….so much for not running as much, huh?

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

carole- you've got some workout lined up today;-) . you ladies always amaze me with your workouts. squeeze is by tracey effinger...this is my first time hearing about her.

linda- i really can't wait. i am hearing so many good reviews. of course yours was the cherry on top;-). i can't wait to start at the YWCA. it won't be until they open, next month. they have alot of activies for children so that's another big benefit for me.

Good morning everyone!

Yes, Cathe - Where are you?

Wendy - I'm glad to hear you like the standing abs too. Which yoga did you do?

Sunny - Love spin classes but what is metabolic effect?

Jess - WTG on the 4 miles!! I'm sure you know your limitations and you will not exceed them. Will you young lady? :) Enjoy that new bike. Hope all goes well with Kiersten's dr. appt.

Carole - I understand about the back pain and abs. That's why I haven't done Hip Hop Abs in awhile. It hurt my back. Don't you have a Garmin? Please give me some info. What a workout you have planned. Hope you have a great one!

Linda - So, what do you use for your Squeeze workouts? I'm still not looking. Stop twisting my arm.:)

Marcia - How is DS foot coming along?

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, CC#6 with Candace and Cathe's basic stretch. Got in 5.5 miles. I'm glad this was my easy run week.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Jackie - Do you mean "what equipment" do I use? I use the ball and something to balance on. I have been using my spin bike or the dresser so that I won't have to get my Fluidity bar out. But the Fluidity bar worked well with it, too. I used it the first time I did it until I found out it wasn't really necessary.

Good morning all! I'm sad today (a little)- no running for me:(
I'm determined to keep it to no more than 4x/week but it feels so darn good to me lately (even after my killer Whiskey Row HM) that I want to run everyday! Okay Shelly (slaps self) calm down.... this is how we get injured.... remember!!

Wendy- Absolutely positively I was not kidding when I said you were an inspiration to me.... I've seen your pics! Beyond that, you have one of the most infectious, delightfully enthusiastic personalities of anyone I've ever come across. I can tell that even without having met you personally which I am SO looking forward to!! Have a great yoga day!

Carole- I loved your B&G variation yesterday :) Well, yesterday I did the entire GWW workout. I forgot what a gem this one is! It astounds me what a great workout you can get with such light weights!
I use #5s and I really FEEL it! The legs section in particular is challenging.... My jaw is dropping:eek: at your superCarole workout today!!! GWW legs and the BBC A&A (the hardest one) AND a run:eek: :eek:

Christine- I have a question for you bikerbabe. The winner of the local marathon here is mainly a cyclist who also runs of course but in the paper he said he considered biking to be harder. I'm curious as to what is your take on that? I do some biking but not alot and not competetively.

SunnyD- Congratulations again on your new job!!!!! Too bad you have to wait a whole month :( but I guess it gives you plenty of time to prepare. You're going to be a spin instructor also??? Awesome!
I've recently ordered Tracy's Cardiosweatfest workout... can't wait to try it!

Jess- Congratulations on your run!!! Believe me I understand the sheer ecstacy of finally running pain free :7 You are a sensible gal (unlike yours truly) and I know you will be very careful with how you progress. A new bike too..... what a week for you!!!!!
I have an old Trek hybrid which I dearly love and still does just fine for me.

Linda- So much for your resolution not to run.... how long did that last..... 24 hrs??? Just kiddin ya! You're too cute :) You seem to be in better spirits today and I'm glad!

Jackie- Still on for your 10k this weekend? Sounds like you're definitely ready... good EXT/run workout today.

Kristi- Hey there.... I answered your questions yesterday and I hope you saw it!

Cathy----- WHERE ARE YOU?

Time's a wastin-- I'll be headed for my basement for some alternative cardio. I'm thinking it'll be DM ultracardioblast although I may do a Wendy and change my mind when I get down there ;-) Later it'll be an iClimb on the EXT:)

later

ShellyC

Shelly - LOL....Let's see...I ran Sunday. That was my last time until this morning! It is so strange how some days nothing will do but running. Some days....I feel like I just can't do it. Let's just say I am not going to run "as often". But...who knows. Everytime I say I am not going to do something...that is all I want to do! I guess you could say that "I" pulled a Wendy! Cause I was all set to do my elliptical or KB this morning... Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

Hey Ladies!!!

I’m BACK!! And I mean that in the sense that I feel like I’m back on top of my game with my exercise!! I’m so excited. I did Spinervals “Have Mercy” - well 1 hour 20 minutes of it (it’s 2 hours). I really liked this one because it’s a compilation of the hardest intervals from the first 8 Spinervals and it’s TOUGH! But it’s fun because none of them are boring. I can see me mixing and matching with this one. I’m beat, but in a happy, healthy way. Funny – something in yesterday’s S&B workout really hit my lower back in a good way – right in the “back fat” area. I know you can’t spot reduce but it still feels good to be sore right were I need to be sore!!

Wendy – You early bird Cheetah! Enjoy your DOMS! “Have Mercy” is a Spinervals DVD. I described it above. Think of your hardest spin class and add an hour – that’s it. Tough, but so rewarding when you’re done!

Sunny – enjoy your Cardiofest! I have to admit that that sounds fun.

Jess – CUTE avatar! Your DD is as beautiful as her mamma! Trek is my favorite brand of bike! I have 4 of them. So, I think you picked well. How fun! And Happy Mother’s Day! Glad you enjoyed your run!

Carole – Other than the fact that I can’t feel my hamstrings right now, it was fun! :+ I do love to cycle hard. I cannot wait to take my road bike out for a spin when I get it back! And I actually think the standing abs is what gave me DOMS in the back fat area, so I do like them. But I can see why someone wouldn’t. Enjoy your workout – sounds like a fun one!

Linda – I guess hind site is 20/20 and it’s very humbling for me to learn that I can’t do everything at once, but yeah, I don’t think P90X while training for an endurance event is a good idea. That’s what I like about BBC – it’s more endurance oriented. I’m about decided that I’m going to try for a Century Ride this year – not sure when, though.

Jackie – Sounds like a great workout anyway!

Shelly – funny – I agree more with Lance Armstrong who can handle riding the Tour de France over and over, but will have to think long and hard about another Marathon. I think running is way harder, although maybe I’m just built for cycling. I think it depends on your build. I have a friend who thinks nothing of going out a running 80 miles. I’ll bet he would find riding harder. By the way, did you ever get my check? I gave it to DH to mail, and he’s sometimes forgetful.

Hugs everyone! I’m sitting here on my stability ball - feels good to have it at work.

Hi Cheetah Friends :)

I read todays posts quickly and just have a minute while I finish my lunch here. Yesterday was golf (walking of course) and PUB biceps and a core max. I am amazed at houw 18 holes of golf can tire me out! Today was a 3 mile run with hills from home. I am in the 3rd week of the Runners world 10 K plan.

Carole what are those killer workouts?

congrats Jes on your run and your new bike!!!!

OK GTG!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good morning cheetah friends,

I just got back from my chiro and am ready to tackle Drill max and KPC abs. I will also do some pilates later today.

My little Mariah was WONDERFUL in the 3 piggy opera. She was so proud of herself and she sang her little heart out. It was a very proud mommy moment. And yes, there were lots of tears:)

Today, is my 15 year anniversary to my sweetie(HUBBY). We are going to get some sushi and have a little quiet time. I am so lucky to have him and we have worked so hard to have a solid marriage. It is not always easy, but so worth it.

Wendy, you should not be suprised that you are inspirational. You are a very dedicated and motivated cheetah. I too am so impressed with your P90x results. Have fun with yoga
:)

Linda, you are funny about running 5.5miles after your claim yesterday. I am the same way. I swear I will lay off running for a bit to crosstrain and end up a day or two later back on the treadmill. I have to say though, my elliptical really does imitate the running for me and it is a lot lower impact.

Sunnydelite, I have not congratulate you yet on getting the new job. That is fantastic. You have really made a whole new life for yourself.

Jess, YAY!!! That is great that you had a pain free run and how fun to get a new bike. I also love the new avatar.

Carole, Oh for goodness sake. I am going to have to go through my old video collection and retrieve my old KV videos. I actually really like that GWW. I just have to find it.... I am glad the hammy is feeling better.

Jackie, it is funny how after a long run that 5.5 miles is your easy run. I love that about running. I have yet to try stretch max. I really will soon. What segment is your favortie?

Shelly, you are too funny. When I ready your were sad, I read futher to see why and then realized it was because you are not running today. You are so silly:) I am also doing Drill max today. I find that workout to be so much fun. Have fun with it;)

Christine, how is your sweet little Jimmy? Sounds like you have a passion for the bike. I would love to get one. Whenever I am at the gym, I do the upright bike and I am always amazed how difficult it is. It is such a different workout than running and step. It really used the leg and glute muscles differently. I hope you can walk tomorrow. What a great idea having your stablilty ball to sit on at work. I need to put one in front of my computer.

Judy, are you injury free now? Are you still using the chi method for running? I still want to get that book.

Well ladies,
I am off to workout and have a yummy lunch. It seems like I am always going out for lunch lately. It is no wonder my scale is being incredibly rude to me lately}(

Cheers!

Susan

Thank you ladies for your support & sweet words oh the new avatar! That was a pic that my dh took of us on my bday, I just loved it!

Well, Kiersten will be getting another set of tubes in her ears & her adenoids removed on May 22nd. Her hearing had gotten worse- so she is now below normal in her left ear. She was not hearing anything under 60 decibels!!! I knew it had gotten worse. She still has a ton of fluid there too, the tubes will help drain that out. The Dr. said the tubes should help her hearing to go back to normal as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong w/ her eardrums or anything else. He was very nice & thorough. I hope it helps this poor kid, she's been sick all winter (as you guys know!).

Busy morning, and I'm finally taking a break! Greg went ahead & took the afternoon off (he met us at the Dr.) & now we're off to wash the cars & do some yard work. It's a gorgeous day out there!! I might even sneak in a little bike ride!! ;-)

Hey Cheetahs!

No time for personals right now but you know I'll make it up to you all later!:*

I was supposed to do yoga today but nixxed it. I just was soooo NOT in the mood for it for some reason. I decided to do Cardio Core Express for the first time. I liked it!:) It was only a light cardio work out for me (which is good cause it's an EXTRA one this week) but I feel it isolated the core (especially the obliques) very well. I felt the muscles working and I worked up a sweat too!}( If I hadn't just done the ab work y'day I would have definately followed it up with the 6 min abs!

Tomorrow calls for the B&G overall legs premix. I'm not sure that I've ever done that one before. Can anyone compare it to the leg blast for me? Which is more painful??? :eek: }( :eek: I intend to make up yoga tmrw night. I am used to doing yoga on thursday nights anyway so it will work out well.

I have the funny feeling that this rotation I am doing is going to look NOTHING like it's former self by the time I am done with it!:7 :7 :7

Okay...off to the races folks!

BBL!:D

Hey cheetahs—

I was in a work-related funk last night/this morning and didn’t get to posting. I’ve snapped out of it now, though, and plan to tackle yoga in a little bit. Last night I did C&B plus BM2 abs.

Did a few personals last night in case you missed ‘em…Today’s been a long day, so I’m gonna try to keep these pretty short:

Christine :: you’re right on the X – I kept with the weights last night…It is reassuring to hear that it’s normal to be tired on the X…sometimes before I start a workout, the thought crosses my mind that maybe I'll tack on some cardio after, but by the time I’ve “brought” it with the weights, I pretty much get over that ambition and want to drop in a heap on the floor. *LOL*…I lost it when I read about your theory that Shelly’s trying to kill us all off…Enjoy that *good* tired feeling!

Jackie :: It’s Patrick Swayze…Yeah, I think all the new workouts are making me itchy! I do love the X, but as I get closer to day 90, I’m ready for a break.

Sunny :: awesome! Glad your DVD is on its way. I gotta figure out a way to “squeeze” (bad pun, I know) this one into this week’s rotation – I can’t wait to try it!!

Linda :: yes, I am at that point in the rotation where I am starting to lose my focus…Love Tony but need a switchup soon! Great job on the 5.5 miler today!

Hi Wendy, Carole, Shelly, Susan (happy anniversary!), Jess, Judy, and anyone else I’m inadvertently overlooking.

~Cathy :)

What! Lil ol me is trying to kill ya'll?? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;-) }( }(
(insert wicked laugh)Ah come on cheetahs.... Kick it into gear! }(

I got Tracy's Cardiosweatfest in the mail today so naturally I HAD to try it out.... LOVED IT!! I really like her style!

Christine- Yes, I did get your check.... I should have mentioned it right away.... bad of me!:( Thanks! Thanks also for your opinion re: running vs. biking. Pesonally I think biking is harder, but that's probably only cuz I'm not used to it.

Hi Susan! Congratulations to your cute little Mariah!
Happy Anniversary:7 :7 :7

ShellyC

cathy- glad to "see" you today! i am hoping squeeze comes tomorrow:eek:

susan- thank you. yay, mariah!!!!!!!

shelly- i just knew you would love the workout!! i did the 35 min premix today with my new weighted gloves...so much fun. i viewed the hi-lo yesterday and sadly i know i will never do that workout:(

linda- i am very excited. my new mgr. called me today and asked for his favorite fitness person!! i sent a friend of mine there for an interview and she told me he talked about how impressed he is with me!!

have a great night to all:)

Ack! I just woke up from an unintentional nap and did not do yoga. Not a problem - calls for just a little tweaking to the rotation and all will get done.

Shelly :: apparently, I kicked it into the WRONG gear! *LOL* Glad you enjoyed Cardiosweatfest. Agreed--Sunny picked us a good one!

Sunny :: It's pretty cool that Tracy emailed you back directly. Hope the DVD gets there tomorrow!

OK, schoolwork awaits...

Have a great night, everyone! :)
Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.