::: CHEETAH runners ::: saturday 6.9

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :)

I was hoping to sleep in a little later so I wouldn't think about food for so many hours...*lol*. Bloodwork at 9:40, which will be followed by a massive breakfast, then a workout, and then I'm heading to Baltimore overnight with some friends. We'll do an Orioles game and then drinks in the Inner Harbor. I so look forward to a crabcake dinner!!

Christine :: loved the pics ~ thank you for sharing. You have such a photogenic family. (I thought there was gonna be a new pic of Jimmy in there!) I really enjoyed that 17-mile drive during my trip to CA. The sights you mentioned and the picture of the cyprus tree brought back memories. I agree, it is gorgeous out there - and so very different from the East Coast.

Enjoy your workouts & your weekend, everyone ~ in case I don't get to stop back, I'll catch up with you all tomorrow night!

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetah buddies,

I have wicked DOMS in every muscle of my body from my workout yesterday . This was my second time doing this workout and i didn't expect the same DOMS again.

this morning i am going to do an iclimb. i have one client this morning and then off for ds#1's swim lesson.

have a great day cheetahs.

christine- very nice pic of you and your family.

ETA: cathy we posted at the same time. enjoy your trip!!

BBL...

Happy Saturday:) I'm working 10-2 today then looking forward to a relaxing weekend gardening and hanging out with some friends and family. I'm getting caffiene (sp?) fuelled for the Gauntlet this morning. It's gorgeous here today and supposed to be like this all weekend:)

Christine, thanks for the pics of your daughter's happy occaision, everyone looks so happy!

Cathy enjoy your massive breakfast and crab cakes:) Sounds like a great weekend.

Sunny, wicked DOMS hey...hurts soooooo good}(

Later Cheetahs:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...do the kids have one more week of school? OMG, the Center City Toesucker?? I hope you enjoy a nice breakfast after bloodwork. Have a great time at the orioles game and scarfing down some crab cakes...:)

Shelly...sounds like you like Squeeze. Thanks for you views on Amy's workouts, I am really looking forward to the kickboxing one.

Sunny...I just don't care for Tracey's style. Her "High Intensity" is nothing like the 'High intensity" I am used to. Now Amy on the other hand...:)...how sweet you took ds to your yoga class...so, you got the DOMS from an iStrength? Enjoy iClimb and ds's swimming lesson later.

Laurie...funny how we enjoy DOMS...I know I will be doing that leg workout of Amy's once a week! Thanks, I am looking forward to getting Amy's other workouts too. 6 massages!...wow...do you ever get DOMS in your arms from that? Sounds like a nice weekend in store for you. Have fun with the Gaunlet.

Wendy...sounds like a great homemade circuit yesterday.

Christine...Great pics!! It is so cool to see your whole family. The only time I have been to Carmel is when I ran the Big Sur marathon. It is quite beautiful, as the picture proves!

Not sure what I am doing today, Circuits seem to call me lately, so maybe one of those...then painting!

Have a great day...:)

Mornin' Cheetahs!:)

I have been home alone all morning and I am LOVING it! DS is spending the weekend with nanny, DH is working today and I dropped DD (dear dog LOL) off at the groomer's at 9am! It's just me and the dust bunnies hangin' out here this morning!;) :7 I don't know what to do with myself! I could exercise for hours w/no interruptions, I could clean, I could be totally lazy....hmmmm...what to do first!}(

I have Tear It Up and a run on tap but haven't even come close to doing either yet. I will do TIU first and then head off to the gym for the run a bit later. I just need to find the get up and go to get started. Please help me out girls!:+

I am headed off to a graduation party/pool party this afternoon. There will be tons of yummy food and drinks to tempt me and I plan to give in to their calls so I MUST get off my duff soon and start workin' out!}(

I'll be back a bit later for personals!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Hi everybody! WOW! Have I had an incredible past 24 hours! My best friend was 'attacked' by her husband yesterday morning. Apparently, everybody was trying to frantically find me, but I was a tthe school with Kindergarten! I was supposed to meet all the ladies for lunch, but 2 of them came in to tell me what happened, and I haven't stopped since! It's been an incredible ride since then. UNBELIEVABLE! She's physically fine, but a little sore inthe shoulder area. After a verbal argument, he grabbed her by the neck and shoulders and shook her, banging her head on the wall. She got away, dialed 911, but he ripped the phone out of the wall. She got away again, ran out the door to a neighbor's house, where they called 911 again. THEN...after I got to them, we took her down to the courthouse, filed (and RECEIVED) a PFA against him. We've been inseparable since then. I've got her kids today, while she takes care of a few things...including changing the house locks, getting a physical by the Doc, and retaining a lawyer. It's just incredible to actually be living thru this with somebody! The kids are doing well; they know mom and dad had a fight and that they won't be living together anymore (she's filing for divorce, etc). But today is her older DS's 10th BDay and we feel badly for him, but we're trying to make the whole weekend an 'adventure' for all the kids. I briefly explained the situation to MY older DS so he would understand the ubrupt change in our lifestyle these next few weeks, but he's fine with it as well (have I ever said he's a good kid? LOL).

I am the liason between her DH and her, until they have both gotten attorneys, so it's going to be an interesting few days. He's trying to run the show, but we're not letting him. It's hard!

Needless to say, yesterday's eating was ok but I certainly didn't eat ENOUGH! I ate cleanly when I did indeed eat, but I was losing energy by the time I tucked my boys into bed.

BUT...after a restless night's sleep, I got up early and did S&H chest, back and abs. I've been running in and out of the house will 4 kids in different directions, so I've been trying to make sure that I have food and snacks packed for ALL of us!

Sorry to blabber on about my life, with no personals, but my focus right now muxt be on these kids and my best friend (whose name, ironically, is GAIL, lol).

Thanks for listening. BBL sometime. I'm planning on another early morning workout for tomorrow, since the workouts keep my focused and in control!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend so far:) Only 3 more days until I'm reunited with my DH:7 :7 :7 :7
We haven't been apart this long in I don't know when! I miss my better half (and I do mean BETTER) terribly!! We talk on the phone everyday but it just makes me miss him more. Well, enough of that sentimental blather. I've started to pack and prepare and today I'll be doing a major house cleaning and carpet steaming!!

Cathy- Too bad you couldn't schedule your blood work sooner! I have a hard time with fasting bloodwork myself. I LOVE my big breakfast and I hate having to wait for it! Your Baltimore trip sounds like such fun!!!

SunnyD- Your boys are such cutie pies and I can picture the scene at your yoga class yesterday. I bet the ladies at that class are still smiling over it! That iStrength routine must be a doozy. I haven't tried any of them. Are they good to travel with? I may have to check it out:eek:

Carole- So.... doing a painting circuit today? LOL:p Bring some pics of the finished project to the RT!!

Laurie- I'm with you about getting out early to run. I ran with a coworker/friend a few weeks ago and when we first talked about the time to meet she first mentioned 10:00 :eek: (She hadn't run outside for a while) I finally got her down to 0900 which I agreed to reluctantly. After the run she said she understood now why I wanted to start early! Today I'll be trying out AllBodyAttack. CIA does put out some good workouts. Have a great time with Gauntlet today... one of my favorite circuits!

Wendy- Oh my--- I am so impressed with your homemade pushup/pullup/ab
circuit!!!:eek: :eek: You are one hard core buff babe! When I find myself with unexpected free time I'm often in a dither on how to spend it!
I'm sure you'll come up with a good sweaty workout so you can really enjoy your party later!

Christine- Wow, awesome pics yesterday! Thank you so much for sharing. Carmel is indeed a little slice of heaven on earth.
Too bad you have to be a zillionaire to live there :(

Time to get moving before it gets too warm! Today will be an 8 mile hilly neighborhood run. Then housecleaning:( This afternoon I'll be giving AllBody Attack a whirl.

tata

ShellyC

Hi Gayle, we were posting the same time. What a story and what a time you've had!!! Your friend is so lucky to have you with her.
At least she was not apparently seriously hurt and has the sense to leave this scum. I too, am mostly concerned about the kids but between the two of you I feel they will be okay in the end.
Best of luck to you and God Bless!

ShellyC

Got held up at the bloodwork and am now too crunched for time to fit in a workout, so today’ll be a rest day.

Sunny :: enjoy today’s iClimb and the DOMS!

Laurie :: your plans sound like they’ll make for a great weekend, too – enjoy!!

Carole :: our kids go til the 20th…but in 8th grade, we have a picnic and several days of graduation practice, so technically, you might say we are “done.”…I caught the news later on -- apparently, the Toesucker is a rapist prowling the streets of Philly! SICK!…enjoy today’s circuit!

Wendy :: all right, you’ve had some time to kick back, now it’s time to KICK BUTT! Go do it, girl, so you can relax and indulge tonight!! (There - did that help?) :)

Gayle :: sorry to hear about your friend's situation…terrible...t’s good that she has you for support.

Shelly :: aww!! Your comments about missing DH tugged at the heartstrings…So glad you’re going to be reunited soon!…This was, unfortunately, the earliest appointment I could get after things got fouled up last Friday. Usually I try to be the first one in there! :) But today I felt less frenzied -- I think maybe I am getting better at fasting. Of course, that didn't stop me from hitting a diner afterward for pancakes, homefries, scrambled eggs, and bacon. YUM!

OK, I really gotta get running here - shower, iron clothes, and pack a bag - we're leaving early afternoon. Have a great Saturday, everyone - will touch base again tomorrow sometime.

~Cathy :)

Okay, Tear It Up is beind me! :)

I am now changed and ready to hit the TM but I have to wait for the groomer to call that my dog is ready so that I can go get him and drop him off at home first. I won't have time to hit the gym beforehand.

Cathy: Enjoy your weekend! Sounds like a blast girl! Oh and thanks for the kick in the arse! ;)

Sunny: You seem to really enjoy the Isculpt and Istrengths. I am interested in giving one a shot that does not require any gym equipment. Could you suggest one for me please? :)

Laurie: I hope you enjoyed the Gauntlet this morning! Have fun digging in the dirt and hangin' out this afternoon.

Carole: So what work out did you end up doing? How's the painting going?

Gayle: Hugs to you and your friend. How scarey! You never know what is going to happen....what will make someone "snap"! Did anyone see this coming at all? YIKES! Well you are a good friend to take her in and help her the way you are. I am sending prayers her way. I hope this guy stays away.

Shelly: Only 3 more days huh? Good for you! How long will you be spending on the east coast?

Hi Cheetahs!

Thought I would see what everyone was up to while I'm waiting for DBF to return from his dive. We've been having fun. The drive was nice. I've been able to get a few short runs in. Got pampered yesterday. The massage and facial were so good that I woke myself up snoring. Got a manicure and pedicure too.

Gayle - Sorry to hear about the problems your friend is faced with. Glad you're there for her to lean on.

Shelly - Glad you get to see DH in a few days. Enjoy your vacation!

Hello to everyone else. Will talk to you on Monday! Missing my cheetah friends.

Have a great weekend!

Jackie

Hey all - about to pull out my bike and trainer and ride to Have Mercy. Not sure I'll do the full 2 hours, but I'll try. Today is a putter around the house day. Dad will help DH do some chores. I'll get groceries, etc. We're having guests over for dinner tonight. I'm making Chicken Parmesan (a lower calorie recipe), with bruschetta, olives and some cheeses for an appetizer and a salad for a side. Jimmy will meet his doggie cousin JJ (an Aussie as well). So it will be a fun evening.

Thanks for all of the kind words on the photos! I have more on my picture trail if you want to see them.

Hey Wendy- I'll be an east coast cheetah for 2 weeks. I fly to Newark Tuesday and hook up with DH and head up to Montauk, NY for a few days, then head back to Jersey with a stop at Middletown, a hop away from you, spending the night there Friday the 15th, then the Sheehan classic on the 16th. After that it is in law visiting until I run the PineBeach5k on the 24th. The 25th, we both (DH and I) fly home.

That's probably alot more of an answer than you wanted! LOL

ShellyC

hey ladies,

cathy- breakfast sounds yummy:9

carole- ok, i get it. not every instructor is for everyone. great for us there are alot of choose from! let me know what you think of amy's kickboxing workout. i am on the fence but with all of shelly's raves, i feel myself caving...;o)

shelly- yay!! the count down to reunite with your honey has begun!!! let me know what you think of all body attack. thanks for the compliments re: my boys. the ladies were all very nice and the instructor was even helping him:). check out the istrength@home. there are two. also an isculpt circuit that uses bodyweight exercises.

gayle- sorry to hear about your friend. blessfully she has a great friend in you.

wendy- istrength home 60 mins( i think the # is 5). no gym equipment necessary. reps are in the 8-10 range. my type of lifting! enjoy the DOMS}( :D . also i've done isculpt (17 i think, sorry so bad with the #'s)while on my cruise. she does the leg extensions but you can easily modify with lunges. there is also another isculpt circuit that only uses body weights. i have yet to use it. i have to say i am really, really enjoying all of my itrains!

ttyl...

Evening Ladies. Quick check in for me. I'll catch up on personals tomorrow!:)

I was not able to get to the gym today due to some serious time constraints so I did 1/2 of P90 Master Cardio Intervals. Not a bad little work out! I was sweatin'!}(

The grad party was okay. I got there around 3:30 and stayed until 7pm. I was supposed to go country dancing afterwards but it didn't work out. One by one the group I was supposed to go with dropped like flies for one reason or another. :-( I'm quite bummed about this as Joey isn't even here. He was at the party today but is staying over his nanny's again tonight so here I sit on a saturday night alone with no child at home...and NO LIFE! ARGH!x( I guess I shouldn't complain. It could be worse. I could be at work like DH!:eek: :eek: :eek: He has his faults but my hubby works his you know what off for his job! He takes almost all of the o/t he can get and rarely complains. Around the house/yard he is relatively useless, , but I guess we can't have it all, right? ;) LOL

Okay, I'm done babbling now. :p One quickie personal before I go since I am thinkin' of it!

Sunny: I went on to the Itrain website and purchased one Isculpt and one Istrength. They are both circuits that you can do at home with db's, bands, etc. No machines. I'm happy! Can't wait to try 'em out! :) Tomorrow is the day that I am supposed to slam out most if not all of my practical exam for the p/t cert! Wish me luck!:)

Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.