:::: CHEETAH RUNNERS :::: Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, ladies :) :) :)

[font color=brick red]Wendy[/font] :: congrats on securing your first clients! It sounds to me like a fantastic way to get your feet wet and become comfortable while also helping two people you care about improve the quality of their health and their lives. Win-win.

[font color=brick red]Gayle[/font] :: so glad you're going to try to make LV work. Let me know what you find in terms of flights.

I spent some time on the LV HM/mary site, noting the $85 HM fee. Whoo. BUT with 25,000 participants - some of whom will be dressed as Elvises or showgirls - running through the Strip, this seems like it would be an incredibly *fun* race. I went to bingo with some friends from school last night, and they think that a request for two personal days in a row requires special approval from the superintendent. So I better not waste time waiting; I'll begin looking into it on Monday.

PH yesterday was no joke. I think I may only have done it once or twice previously, so I was a bit foggy on what it was like. Oh yes, it's a decent endurance w/out. Got a little DOMS goin' in the chest and who knows where else it may settle in later. Today I'm scheduled to run & do KM drills, but I didn't sleep well and am not feeling so great this morning. I think I maybe ate something yesterday that didn't agree. Since we're back to insanely humid weather, this means that I'll need to hit the streets much later this evening.

Well, cheetahs, have a GREAT Saturday! BBL to see what you're up to.

Hi Cathy. Yes....I think I'd like to try to make LV work. First, I'll check out the flights, then I'll worry about arrangements for my kids. THEN the money! LOL

OK....done showering. I was up early for Cardio Coach Press Play this morning!

[font color=red size=+1}GOOD NEWS
My treadmill WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a Cheetah once again!
WOO HOO!
[/font]
My friend and I replaced the big walking/running belt the other night and I've been hesitant to try it out. But after a few small tweaks this AM, I RAN!!!!!!!!!! Felt soooooo good, after such a long hiatus. I'm really looking forward to working all my iTreads I've been collecting!

Gotta run. My friend is coming over early to load up a big TV that I have that isn't working. We're taking it to the repair place, then DS has a baseball game and then we're heading to a BDay party. Then packing for the shore.

BBL to check in and say HI!

Gayle

Good Morning Cheetahs.

After taking my rest day yesterday, I now HAVE to work out today. DH is heading up north for the day to help his dad fix his mom's sink and he is taking DS with him so I am going to have the day to myself.:+

It WOULD be a PERFECT time to go for an outdoor run but it's gonna be too hot so I'll be doing BBC full body today instead. I am hoping to hit the park tomorrow morning for my run. I have to do 6.5 miles solo as my friend is away this weekend. I am not looking forward to having no one to talk to but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? :)

Cathy: I hope you get the days you need in order to make the LV trip in December! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!:) Thanks re the training. I am excited and nervous to do this with my mom and friend. It should be fun though. I am sure we will have several laughs as I give them exercises and they say "What are you nuts!? I can't do that!!!" :7

Gayle: Sounds like you have a full day planned. When are you leaving for the shore? Congrats on getting your TM back! That must have been killin' you!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks for asking. John is struggling somewhat. He is admitting now how hard it is to be out in public in his wheelchair. My sister is going to get him to a therapist which I think will help. I saw her at Subway the other day and we had lunch and I can see how hard all of this is on her. I keep them all in my prayers. I am fairly confident I will be in LV fri-mon. I also raised my eyes at the $85! I think Big Sur is that much. But you are right it should be a blast running in LV. Sorry you are not feeling so good...enjoy the run and KM drills.

Wendy...thanks, I do think sadie is way cute...:)..That is cool about your 1st 2
PT clients!! Enjoy BBC Full Body and your day alone. Wow, 6.5 miles is a good run for you tomorrow.

Gayle...so LV is a [font color=dodgerblue]YES[/font] for you?....:)...Did you price any flights?? Good news about your TM!!

Christine...thanks, I think I should take some updated pics of Sadie. I hope the apt in SF works out for your DD!

Kristi...sounds like Chelsea will work out for you guys. I hope Sadie gets along well with her. That would be so cool if you could get a free room in LV!

Jackie...thanks , the heel seems to be improving. Good job with CC and your EXT workout.

Shelly...way to go on the 16 miles! I think my sister is planning on running the half. As far as me, I hope I can run the half!! I will say in all honesty...Chi running is hard! I think it is because of changing the way I run after 30 years!! But I am not even thinking about giving this up. Practice makes perfect and this whole concept makes perfect sense to me.

My calf's are a bit sore from trying the Chi running yesterday. I know it will take some time to get the form down. I did run faster than the last run and my heel never hurt. The pain does seem to be subsiding somewhat. Today I am doing some legwork and some kickboxing.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!!!

Hope everyone is well! I’m going to do a 5 mile run this morning, if my glutes, which are still suffering from PLB, cooperate! :+ Well, good news and bad news about the apartment. The bad news is that it fell through – the complex required copies of pay stubs, and Andrews parents did not have those with them and could not get them before school started. We did not know them well enough to take on the full burden ourselves, so we all backed out. Which worked out okay because DD18 is now #3 on the wait list for a dorm so she’s pretty much guaranteed to get into the dorm, which is what every freshman should experience anyway. I just feel bad for her because school starts Monday and she so desperately wants to be on the campus, but cannot. I think DH is going to drive her to school (which fortunately is only about a 30 minute drive) on Monday, so she’s not stressed worried about parking and all that. Chances are she’ll have a dorm on Monday, so hopefully she’ll be able to move in.

We went to a place called The Counter last night, which serves burgers. I had their “veggie burger delight” and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they hand make their veggie burgers (no pressed soy patty). It was made of lentils, rice, corn, black beans, red peppers and spices and served with sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes and onions on a whole wheat bun. VERY good!! My DH, who loves a good burger now and again, even said that he was going to try it the next time as it was THAT good! I’m also going to buy a good cast iron skillet (can you believe I don’t have one?) to make my own – I have several recipes.

Anyway – I’m SOOO chatty today!

Cathy – Oh yeah, PH is a killer! Hope you’re feeling better. I really hope to be able to go to the LV HM. It does sound like a blast. I’m thinking maybe I can come out Friday or Saturday, run on Sunday and leave Sunday night. We’ll see.

Gayle – YEAH! Glad to hear your treadmill works! Hope you enjoyed CC PP. I’d like to try that one on the treadmill. Maybe I’ll go to the gym today with DH instead of an outside run. We’ll see.

Wendy – I, too, think you mom and friend are the perfect first clients for you! And you can always use Cathe’s line “You can do ANYTHING for a minute!” Enjoy your quiet day today!

Carole – glad to hear the pain is subsiding. I’ll have to get the Chi Running book. It may help me run further! That’s always a good thing. Sorry to hear about John’s struggles. It cannot imagine that this would be easy for a young, active man.

Happy weekend to everyone!

Good morning, Cheetahs - a quick check in again for me. I bartended last night - MAN were we busy (that's good ;-) ) but holy moly am I tired and my feet hurt :-( I wonder if I need new shoes??? We made pretty good tips, though, and that helps anything feel better, right? ;-) ;-)

DH is working today so DS and I are headed to my hometown's yearly festival to see what's happening. Hopefully they've recovered enough from the flooding so that they will still be able to put on most of the events. I know the ballfields are in horrible shape and actually I'm not sure they are even dry yet, so no ballgames there.

Maybe we'll go garage sale-ing :D

Workout needs to be something really good }( I should work on some routines for my upcoming step classes beginning again, but I need a good heart pumping not something that I have to stop and write down.

Well, hopefully I'll be back for personals and check in with what I ended up doing. Sounds like everyone is doing good - keep up the great workouts!!

Marcia.

Hi Cheetahs! I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even have time to read what was going on here. I quickly read through yesterday's thread and see that the LV trip is causing some excitement.

Shelly, Cathy, Carole, Gayle and Kristi, I will be driving from my home to LV and will likely arrive Fri afternoon and then leave Sunday afternoon. I might be able to stay until Monday but in any case you can count me in as 100% sure to be there!

Cathy, I have only done PH once and that was a verrrry long time ago. Maybe I need to get that one out and give it a whirl. No, my son is not on the brink of being declassified. There is really *noone* within the school system to tell parents how to get everything that your child is entitled to and we have always just sort of stumbled upon those thing that are available. I have found that the key to success is teachers who are eager to work with the student and the parents. Last year was what we consider a near disaster because Jeff's Support Studies teacher was one of the worst teachers I have ever come across. The little time this teacher spent with Jeffrey was focused on putting out fires that could have been avoided if he had done some up front work to begin with. I gave the teacher the benefit of the doubt for almost the entire school year but did end up complaining and having Jeff placed with a teacher whom I can already see is going to work out just fine.

Carole, Since I hadn't been around in such a long time I have not been aware of John's progress. I see that he is in a wheelchair. Does this mean that he has no real hopes of walking again? If I ever run again :( I'll have to check out that Chi running. Hopefully I'll be able to run the 1/2 in LV.....we'll see.

Christine, Mmmmm! Your veggie burger sounds delish! So DD's school is 30 minutes away from where you live?

Wendy, Enjoy your solo day! I love days like that but I do have a hard time deciding how I want to spend the time!

Hi to anyone I missed!

Morning Lady Cheetahs!:)

I will come back later for personals but I just wanted to pop in for a minute to say hi before hitting the showers.

I did BBC Full Body this morning. A definate arse kicker for certain!}(

I have to head to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I am going to be spending the afternoon cooking. I promised DH I'd make him his favorite meal as well as a batch of sauce since I am going to be alone all day long. A midst the cooking I intend to give the house a good once over as well.

I am sure I will be back. Cooking and cleaning are hard work after all so I will require several computer breaks in order to not over-do it!;):7

Enjoy your day ladies!

BBL!:)

Gayle :: I really like how this guy is doing stuff for you and helping you out…Glad your TM is back in action! Have fun with the iTreads.

Wendy :: enjoy your day to yourself…I hear you on the humidity…I need to start building up a long run again…regardless of whether I do the 10K Bridge race, the Philly HM, or LV or none of ‘em, I want to train as though I am. It'll be good for me…When do the training sessions begin?

Carole :: thanks – I’m not really sick or anything. Just ate too much crud and now it’s weighing like a ton of bricks. That feeling. It’s a sure sign that I need to clean it up again. I’ve not been following a plan of moderation…I so feel for John and the entire family…I agree the therapist sounds like a good idea. Maybe for your sister, too…I bought Chi Running during the school year and hoped to delve into it this summer, but it seems I’ve run out of time, unfortunately. It does intrigue…Glad your heel didn’t hurt last time.

Christine :: We like when you’re chatty. :)…that’s too bad about the apartment but sounds like Plan B is a good one, too…I don’t go for veggie burgers too often, but that one sounds tasty. My stomach’s growling.

Marcia :: Enjoy your day, whatever you wind up doing.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good morning cheetahs! I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start! Yesterday afternoon I ended up doing BM2 double upperbody!With that and my long run I ended up sleeping hard!! :)
DH and I were at Barnes and Nobles yesterday and I picked up a great book.. "The Runner's Repair Manual" A complete program for diagnosing and treating your foot,leg and back problems. By Dr. Murray Weisenfeld, a podiatrist with long time experience treating runners injuries. It is very well written and packed with all sorts of useful info. Elaine and Carole--- it has an excellent section on PF (although Elaine I imagine you've already read everything there is on this subject;-) )

Wendy- I think having your friend and Mom for your first clients is an excellent way to get started, it'll get you comfortable and give you experience in a nonstressful way:) Congratulations, off to a great start already!! You have an iPod don't you? As a runner who almost always runs alone I find it indispensible! Good luck tomorrow!

Cathy- I hope you feel better and can get in your run later! Yes, the entry fee for the LV half is alot. So was the PF Changs HM. I think any large race with alot of perks, like bands and acts every mile like these will always be more expensive.... but worth it IMO!
I will definitely be crossing my fingers that you can get your personal days approved!!!!

Gayle- I am so thrilled that you are seriously considering going to LV. I meant what I said about paying for a room. I feel bad for you gals who are flying out and I know that cost is a huge concern for you. I'd be paying for a room even if I was doing this all alone so don't worry at least about the room charge.
You must be so glad to have your TM back finally :7 :7 :7 :7
Just in time to get in shape for LV;-) Have fun at the Jersey shore!

Carole- That is very encouraging that you ran faster and had no heel pain using the Chi running technique!! I'm so impressed that you are doing this (changing technique after running for so long)
Have you heard of the book I mentioned? I'm so happy that your sister is still on for Las Vegas!!

Christine- I think it is all for the best that the apartment situation for your DD didn't work out. She'll be much happier in a dorm. Hope you have a great run today!

Marcia- I'm in a profession where I'm on my feet alot too. I like to wear walking or running shoes with gel inserts. Really makes a difference!

DH is off to a gun show with a friend so I have the place to myself.
I'll be doing HCE#2 (w/ lomax and IMAX3) , Stepboxing w/ Kelly Coffee and a Coremax segment. Then I'll be ready for a nap! Back to work tonight :)

ShellyC

Hi Elaine! Posting at the same time.:) So glad that you will be in LV:7 :7 :7 I think in a few days we'll be able to firm up the rooms we'll need and make reservations!!! I definitely will stay til Monday cuz I know I will not be in shape to drive back home after running 26.2 miles :eek: Have you heard of the Runners Repair Manual? I think you'd find it useful! I'd also recommend the Chi running book by Danny Dreyer.

ShellyC

Good late morning Cheetahs!

I have lots to catch up on today after working all week long.

I have to clean the house and do laundry!

Grandma who is 89 years old (God bless her) is visiting from NC so I have lots of family stuff planned this weekend.

No workout plan today but cleaning!

Tomorrow is Cathe all the way.

Sorry so short, but wanted to say my hello's and Happy Weekend!

Take care,
Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

How in the heck did I miss Elaine's post?

Elaine:: I am really dismayed by your son's situation - although I know the horror stories are out there, I guess I have been lucky in that both districts I've taught in had well-regarded programs. I'm confused about him not receiving any other services besides a support class. I would think he would either receive pull-out instruction or be in a two-teacher model as is appropriate for his classification. But, I am not an expert. I know strategies for teaching different learners and am confident that I "read" kids well and teach responsively, but I do rely on my child study team and special education colleagues to provide further insight and direction when I have questions, too. Last year, our school implemented a new support class during our enrichment period. It's basically a pre-teaching class for math and language arts. It allows our classified students get a "leg up" on the concepts to be learned in future academic class periods. The transformation in the students - their confidence levels AND their academic success - has been a thrill to watch. Just remarkable. The administration's rationale, which I like, is that rather than "play catch-up" with a support class, let's get our kids AHEAD of the game. It's brilliant, IMO, and it works...I am considering pursuing a doctorate in special education because I do see so many problems with the system. But that is something that would not happen until farther down the road.

Shelly :: that sounds like a good book for any runner to have...inevitably, we all experience a lower body injury at some point, or at the very least, the aches and pains common to the sport...I agree that the entry fee, though steep, would be worth it for a race of that size. The experience would be amazing, I'm sure, esp. to run it with some cheetahs!

ETA: Hi Amy! Enjoy your time with Grandma. You've worked hard this week. Hope you get to relax some this weekend.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - I sit on my butt most of the day at work, so heels aren't a problem to wear through the door. Then, I have some flats under my desk that I put on sometimes. Yay for the DOMS from PH. I wonder how people remember what a workout is like. I don't do mine enough to remember exactly. So, I'm a little foggy a lot of times. LOL!! Hope you're feeling better.

Shelly - Glad you had a good 16 mile run yesterday. I'm in Tenn. I'm amazed at how it's from one extreme to the other with this heat and rain. Be nice if it could be a nice little balance. I like CC. But if you nail me down, I'll choose iTreads over CC. As someone said CC is a more polished production and Grace is just a wild woman sometimes. But, she seems to motivate me more than Coach Sean. I also like that she gives you a specific speed and CC goes by PRE. Think that makes me work harder. But, they are both good workouts. Don't think you would lose with either. You did BM2 Doubles after your run yesterday? You love pain don't you?:7

Wendy - That's great that your mom and best friend will be your first clients. It will give you a chance to polish your skills. They will probably offer honest critisism too. Hope it works out for everyone. Enjoy your day alone.

Gayle - Laughing at you trying to decide about the LV trip. It does sound like it will be a blast. Yay for being back at Cheetahdom!

Carole - I know it's been explained before but please tell again. Just what is different about chi running? Kickboxing sounds fun today. Hope you enjoyed it.

Christine - I agree that all freshmen should experience the dorm life. My DD stayed in a dorm most of her college years. DS stayed for a year then he got into an apartment. That was a big mistake because it was too many distractions. He ended up dropping out instead of continuing while mom was paying the bills. He finished later on his own.

Marcia - Enjoy the festival.

I did 6.4 miles this morning. It was pleasant and I was out before 6:30. I ran 4 miles and then needed a bathroom break. Hate when that happens in the middle of a run. Sorry if TMI. Came home and finished up on the treadmill. Did Cool It Off Express.

Hello to everyone else. Gotta get moving. Enjoy your Saturday!

Jackie

Hey Ladies - I'm BACK! Did 5 miles without the weird heart rate thing. Must of been a fluke. I feel good, if a bit tired. Jimmy had a blast - even though he almost tripped me a few times. Tucker used to run at a perfect heel - and usually about 5 feet back - he did not enjoy running distances. Jimmy bounces EVERYWHERE. I run 5 miles - he does about 10, I swear! I talked to my DH again about the LV half and you ladies can COUNT ME IN!!! YEAH!!! I'm so excited! It'll keep me running, too. Too bad I can't bring my running companion!

And yes, I'm relieved the DD18 will be in the dorms - not to mention that it will be a lot less expensive and I won't have to buy furniture. Hope she hears soon. She wants to be on campus so badly. It is a gorgeous campus, by the way - right off the ocean. I would love to live there - what great year-round running weather - typically between 40 and 70. Occasionally rain, but not too often. It get hotter down here in the Silicon Valley.

Finished with today's workout and thought I'd check in quick before I prepare for my nap:) Did HCE#2 and Kelly Meyer's Stepboxing and did her abwork also. Tomorrow on the way home from work I'll stop by my favorite lake trail for a 5 mile run:)

Amy- Have fun with Cleanmax today.... that's a workout I REALLY need to be doing myself;-) :( You deserve a nice peaceful family weekend!

Jackie- LOL about loving pain. I guess it does seem like I have some masochistic tendencies doesn't it? Actually what I love is intensity and challenging myself. The pain I can do without......
really! Great job on your run today. I guess that's an advantage I have living out in the middle of nowhere.... always a nearby bush;-)

Christine- wooohoooooo, you've made my week with the news that you'll be in LV. Awesome!!! You are such a fun person... I'm dyin to meet ya! :7 :7 Too bad Jimmy can't come. I can picture him...
bouncing along with you!

Have a great rest of the weekend cheetahs!

ShellyC

Okay, I am on my first "break" (and I didn't even start cleaning yet!LOL) so I have time for personals!:p I got all of the "work" done as far as the food goes. Now everything just has to cook for a looong time! I used 2 entire bulbs of garlic and one onion between the the sauce and the chicken recipe so you can imagine how AMAZING my house smells right now! YUMMY!:9

Oh and I almost forgot...I am signing up for a class to get my CPR certification on Sept 11 in the evening. This way it's done and I can add it to my resume. :)

Carole: I read your post to Cathy about your nephew. I am sorry he is having troubles. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him. I wish him the best. I know he was getting better as far as dealing with things after his accident. Is this a "new" issue for him or something that has been bothering him long term?

Christine: Sounds like the apt/dorm situation for your DD is going to work itself out after all. I'm glad. :)

Marcia: Hope you had fun at the festival today!

Cathy: My long run tomorrow has me a bit nervous. I am going for 6.5 miles. My longest run EVER! I plan to do a 5 min run/1 min walk through out so it won't be AS TOUGH as a non stop run but still! I've only ran 6 miles in my life! EEGADS! I'll be pooped tomorrow! So when do you think you'll be deciding on all of these possible races you've got in mind?

Shelly: Yes, I have an Ipod BUT since I have been become an ITrain addict there is literally no room for music on it anymore!!! :eek: I definately need a bigger one but am holding off on the purchase until Cathe's new software is released. If I am going to buy another one, it's going to be one that can be used with the software if, ofcourse, I decide I want it. }(

Elaine: I know what you mean about deciding how to spend the time when you actually get to be ALONE! LOL I had MANY ideas but can't possibly fit them all in. I opted for the "domestic diva" duties today as tonight I'll be off having fun anyway so I figured I should do SOMETHING constructive during the day!:p

Hi AMY!!!!!

Jackie: I am plan to tell my mom and BF to be honest with me. If they feel something I am having them do is too easy or too difficult for them, then they need to tell me. I can only do so much as I am not a mind reader and do not know THEIR bodies. Only THEY do. I will stress to them that they have to WORK but ofcourse it shouldn't be dangerously difficult nor so easy that it's a waste of time for all of us. I hope they get some results. That will be the ULTIMATE boost of confidence for me since I am soon to be looking for employment at a gym!

WOW! Busy Saturday! I read all the posts, but don't have time (AGAIN) for personals, just a few comments.

My 'friend' is a really great guy. I told him today that he's going to spoil me with all the things he's helped me with so far. I think I'll keep him around a while. lol

Las Vegas...again my friend is helping me out. He's going to chat with his brother who does all his company's travel arrangements and see what he comes up with. I gave him a deadline of Friday so I can decided by then if I'm in or not!

OK...headed to a BDay party/cookout. Having gone vegetarian, well, I'm taking my own homemade veggie bean burger for the grill. Can't wait to see all the looks I get on this one! lol

Gayle

Well, all the food is done and so is the cleaning I am going to do.:p Now I am just waiting for DH to be ready and we are off to the bowling alley so he can enter that tournament. I will no doubt be tippin' back some beverages tonight.;)

Have a great night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.