:::: CHEETAH Runners ::: Mon., 1/8

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

I tweaked a little something (??) in my left ankle yesterday during StretchMax, but the plan today is to run after school. If our staff meeting runs late or if it's raining, then Plan B will be to hop on the dreaded TM.

To catch up with last night's posts:

Barb ::: thanks! I did manage just three chips. But then I ate two Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.

Laura :: good workout!

Have a great day, everyone! I'll catch up with you later on today!
Cathy :)

cathy- have a good run !

my calves are still very sore from plyo x. I cant believe it. I amnot sore from kenpo though. tonight , I am back to teaching bootcamp classes. I was told that I have 15 people signed up for it. In about 3 weeks though it will thin out. people have new years resolutions right now, so I expected more in the beginning.

I need to get more running in. that is the only thing that helps keep my wt down and my stomach flatter and I havent been able to run much because of the time change and it getting darker earlier. I guess I could do my treadmill but I get bored easily. running has never thinned my thighs out though. Iread where someone said it helped thin their legs out. I swear my thighs and butt are so stubborn. they refuse to thin down for me no matter what I do. It gets frustrating. these are the only two areas on my body that I see as big. off to work. talk with you all later!

Good Morning Cathy, Laura and all who follow.

Cathy, Be careful running on a "tweaky" ankle, okay? We don't need another Cheetah injury girl!

Laura, Have fun with class tonight. Did you miss it during the break or was it a welcome change to have some time off? I immediately found that running helped my legs...it definately toned down my calves. They have always been big and I lost an inch off of each quickly with running. It helped my thighs too-I lost a little in them but it also changed the shape a bit.

Well, today is the day! My neck is better from what I can tell-I hope it stays that way!!! I weighed, measured and took pics! DH put together the chin-up bar for me and tested it out to make sure I won't die! LOL Now all that's left to do is begin! I start with chest & back and ab ripper x today! :eek: I can't do it this morning as I'll never finish before Joey gets up. I'm going to go food shopping this morning and do my work out at nap time. That's pretty standard for me though if I'm not going to the gym...

I'll be back with personals...I have some catching up to do from last night.:)

Good morning everyone! I'm coping okay with a little head cold, nothing I can't handle:) Today will be DM premix, upperbody and cardio after I wake from my nap and later some cycling. That will be my hardest workout of the week. After this will only be small runs, yoga or stretching........ HONEST! ;-)

Laura- you're posting early today! PlyoX is a great workout. I'll have to revisit it after my marathon recovery. I was reading a thread about January in the Gym on the Open forum. I guess that's what your dealing with in your bootcamp class. I guess the crowds will thin out and get back to normal in a month or so. I hear you about the treadmill. I have to vary the routine alot, with speed, timing, elevation, or else have a really good movie to watch. It sure does come in handy though when the weather is nasty. I'm not as tough as Carole that way..... I'm definitely a weather wimp :)
I'd be willing to bet that your legs are actually quite nice looking
;-)

Cathy- I hope your ankle tweak works itself out and you can get in your run today! Back to the grind for you, eh?

Wendy- I'm so glad you finally got to celebrate Christmas!!!! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words yesterday :)

Carole- I like your viewpoint about getting a cold at this stage.
It probably will help in forcing me to go light this week. Sounds like you had a great long run and football Sunday!!!!

Christine- I'm so glad I was able to offer some useful advice! Drinking cranberry juice may be good for the bladder, but who needs all that extra sugar!

Susan- Sounds like you have a doozy of a cold:( Hope it's letting up on you now! Good to hear from ya!

Time to get back to work y'all. Take care and HI to all who follow

ShellyC

Some personals...:)

Jess: Sounds like a fun day of ice-skating you all had. Can you skate well? I haven't been in years and was NEVER any good! LOL

Judy: Thank goodness for the elliptical the other day! It saved me from totally bombing on my w/o. What's the plan for you today? Running?

Carole: So did the "right" football team win y'day? :+ How did your run go with your marathon partners? My 2nd Christmas was nice y'day. Very laid back. Got some nice gifts. Joey got ALOT of new cars-his favorite! After Joey went to bed DH and I spent the evening taking things out of boxes and putting batteries in where needed and I made room for the new stuff in the toy box!:+ It's all much easier to do when you don't have an excited 19 month old hanging around who just can't wait for you to get the toy out of the box! ESPECIALLY the way they package stuff today! JEESH! LOL

Barb: Joey is doing wonderfully I must say! You'd never know what happened to him if I didn't tell you. He's an awesome little kid if I do say so myself!:+ Hope everything is going well with you and your family.

Susan: Don't think I am not scared as heck to begin P90X! I am MORE than a little intimidated but I consider it a challenge and will do the best I can! I'm sure by the end I'll have improved. I've done bits and pieces of all of the work outs except for the weight work myself. I've previewed the weight work though. How was the picnic y'day?

Christine: That's funny about your DH and the football game! People can be superstitious about stuff! I don't understand it either though as I am not a sports fan at all. Just have no interest in it. I normally walk out of the room as soon as sports come on the tv...which isn't often in my house-thank goodness!:p

It's finally over!!! The kids are back to school, the tree is away, there is NO butter in my house and I can get an early workout in before I get going with my day!!! It was a wonderful Holiday Season but I'm relieved to get back to normal. I don't work today so I'll get my cardio in, my hammies are still DOMSin' big time from B-Max2 circuits and B&G 2 days ago. Glen's off today as well so we'll have one more fun day together before he goes back to work.

Cathy, hope your plan A works out so the dreaded TM doesn't have to happen. Good thing your stretching because with all of the variables it takes to get your workout in you HAVE to be flexible:+

Laura, it's so true, there are always some body parts that we struggle with and we are our own worst critics. Have fun with your busy bootcamp class.

Wendy, you sound sooo ready for the challenge of P90X!!! You go with your chin-ups Girl!!!}( The only thing I've ever done with a chin-up bar is use it hang my kids in their Jolly-jumpers....they don't like it much anymore:p :+

Shelly, I love the DM cardio so much I have to make myself take a break from it. Hope your head cold melts away with your bike ride!

Time to SWEAT!! Later Ladies!

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Another day of not eating well – why I cannot back on track, I don’t know, but it’s getting frustrating. Oh well, I’ll get back on track TODAY!! I did eat vegetarian, but way too much. Fortunately, those blasted Kettle Chips are out of the house! LOL. Today is S&H Chest and Back, abs and a 2 mile run.

Cathy – ouch – sorry you tweaked your ankle during StretchMax! Hopefully it’ll be okay for your run today!

Laura – 15 people? Cool! When you’re not used to the kind of jumping in PlyoX it will do a number on your calves – but the next time you do it, you’ll be fine. Weird how that works! Yeah, running does things for me that nothing else does. It does slim my thighs, but I gain weight most easily in my belly.

Go P90X Wendy!!! I do so enjoy C&B. Glad to hear your chin up bar won’t hurt you!! So exciting! I can’t wait to hear what you think! Have fun shopping. And DH simply adores sports. As I’m a reader, I don’t really mind. But I do enjoy football, so that’s not a big thing.

Shelly - you’re too funny – what are you going to do with all of that energy you’ll have without your killer workouts? Enjoy DM and your cycling!

Cathy- Hopefully your ankle tweak was just nothing ! Like you, I will be on the TM today due to steady cold rain/sleet

Laura- Running has slimmed my legs, but I had been lifting heavy and doing legs more than running. With running, I only work legs 1-2 per week and only parts of Cathe workouts, not usually a full leg DVD. Any way that is the formula that workd for me. And good eating is a must, lest extra fat visits.

Wendy- Nice day yesterday. That Joey is so lucky to be in such a loving family... Good luck with your new rotation!

Shelly- Have a good rest week and have lotsa fluids

Laurie- Anthother day off before heading back to work- nice! I have welcomed the routine but we are not quite there: DS #1 is still home on break and DD#1 is in transition, by the end of the month she plans to move to the big apple.

Christine- don't fret about not eating perfectly. Focus on your good choices. Sometimes a few changes at a time are more successful than dramatic changes. I had a few chocolates this weekend after dinners myself.

Well it is time to start my WO, Chest and a TM run of 5 miles.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning Cheetahs!! My girls are back to school today!!!!! Wow, back to routine!! LOL They were excited to go back & see their friends but they didn't want to get out of bed!! ;-)

Today is my wonderful dh's 33rd bday!!! Happy bday Greg!! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful man. I can't believe I met him when he was 20! I'm making his favorite Jello cake & we're going out to eat at Chevy's (Mexican) tonight. His choice but that's fine w/ all of us! ;-)

Allison & I have to do some shopping today, I still have some returns that I haven't made and need to pick up another gift for Greg. And I need to finally get this house back in order after being sick, the holidays, and then being gone!

It's my rest day, but I think I'll do some pilates later. No DOMS from B & G, I swear I can't explain why I never get DOMS from that killer workout but GS legs gets me every time?!?!

Have a great Monday!!

Susan ~ Happy 8th birthday to Melissa!!!!!! Hannah thinks being 8 is great! :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good job with LIC, happy to hear you have made some progress. Sounds like you are enjoying the Magic bullet...and protein shakes are good for you! Is Morningstar a soy product? Football was fun to watch and it looks like the Eagles pulled it out...:)...hope you ankle feels better later. 3 chips is great! Enjoy your possible TM run.

Wendy...So, you are ready to bring it! Have fun with C&B, it is a tough one but very effective. Lets say the teams that I thought would win yesterday won! I really don't have a favorite team there now. But I have always like the Bears...:)..I bet Joey loved getting some new cars!! Sounds like you did well organizing his stuff...

Shelly...I know I have probably gotten a cold right before a marathon. You really do tax your immune system with the hard training. Enjoy DM and cycling.

Laurie...enjoy your day with Glen...:)

Barb...if my feet get wet, yes I will wear the same shoes. But yesterday my sister said she was sure there were bridges over the creeks...

Laura..PlyoX is a tough one. Very good for leg strength. KenpoX was not a favorite for me, I often subbed some other kickboxing. Chest & back is hard...you did good! I bet there are some new people during the first part of the year for your classes...all those resolutions. I will say alot of the thigh and butt thing is genetic...but I imagine how big that area would be if I didn't run!

Christine...I bet Yoga does feel good the day after a run. I warned you about those chips!! I have been chip free for 5 days now...:)..for me my eating gets better when I go back to work. Being home can be to enticing to eat the bad things. Have fun with S&H and the run.

Judy...enjoy the chest work and your 5 mile TM run.

Jess...http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/9.gif[/img] to your DH!! Have a great mexican meal....I have known my DH since he was 8....:)...just took some time to notice each other...

Susan...sorry about the cold. I know stuff is going around. The weather has been nice, but a bit colder here. This is the 1st 3 person relay I have seen for a marathon, usually the marathon relays are 2 person not 3. Football was fun, but no chips for me...

Christine....I can understand your DH's football woes. Not sure I'd want to go to that house either if I were a Pats fan. I guess time will tell if the Ravens make it....:)

The run went well yesterday. I enjoyed the games too. Today will be S&H Chest & back, abs and 40 min on my Elliptical.

Have a great day...:)

OK Cheetahs, I must be out of my mind, but I just signed up for my first tri-athalon!!!!!!!! It's been one of my goals for the year & this one is in a place I'm familiar with. It isn't til June so I'll have plenty of time to train! It's a 600 yd swim, 13 mile bike, & then a 5K. I've been told it's a great start for a first tri-athalon. It sells out really quickly though so I signed up this morning! I think my buddy Erin is going to sign up too. EEK, I'm nervous but looking forward to a new training adventure!!!!

OK, off to get Allison out of the tub & head out for some shopping! I'll be back later!

Good morning ladies,
It is my oldests daughter Melisaa's b-day today. She is turning 8. I can't believe she is that old. It seems like yesterday that we adopted her. My first true miracle in my life:) We got her when she was one month old and she was a mess. She had fetal alcohol effect due to the birth mom being an alcholic and all the doctors said that she would never thrive and be a "normal child". Well, she is at the top of her class and she is a lovely caring spirited child and I can't imagine not having her. Okay, I am getting teary eyed. Sorry about the moment of reflection:)

Anyway, I have a lots to do today. I am taking her mcdonalds to school today for her and her best friend and then we are taking her to her favorite chinese restaurant and then cake and presents. She is having her first sleepover on Friday to celebrate her b-day. It should be fun. So, it is going to be an eating day today. I kind of fell off the wagon over the weekend, but it is okay I am back on track today and it is a rest day for me. My back is definitley getting better. I now have really good days and then some days I just have to stretch a lot. I see a run in my future}(

I have no time for personals right now, but I will be back later and let cha know if I ate any of the yummy food that we are having today.

Jess, Happy B-day to your hubby as well and enjoy your day with him.

See ya later!

Susan

Good morning Cheetahs!

As you all know, I didn't post during the weekend so I will quickly fill you in. Saturday was a rest day. I spent almost all morning with DH & the kids picking out new glasses for DH. Not much fun, but it needed to be done. DH has had his prescription for almost a year, but he would not go get glasses on his own. Sunday I ran 4 miles even though my right calf hurts and my back is killing me. I also did a 20 minute yoga back tape with Rodney Yee. It felt great on my back. However, I noticed my flexibility is horrible. I guess the past year of running, with only minimal stretching, is finally taking its toll on me. Also the past 2 1/2 months of gaining 10 pounds and slacking with my workouts has weakened my core and back so that is why I am having some back issues now. (Sigh!)

In any case, here is my proposed solution, so please tell me if I am approaching this right or if you have any other solutions. I will still run, but instead of 4 days of running I will only do 3, 1 long (4 miles) and (2) 3.5 miles runs. (I'm still early on in the base building stage.) Also on 2 days I plan to strength train and stretch, along with 1 day of just stretching/flexibility & pilates. Do you think this will help? I also plan to buy new running shoes on Friday. The ones I have now were bought in June and they have around 300 - 350 miles on them. Is it too early to buy new ones? I think I read somewhere that they should last for about 500 miles.

Sorry there are no personals. I'm going to try to get better about that. Well, back to work for now. I'll talk to you later.

Hi Cheetah's. I wanted to at least say goodbye and thank you all for being here. Carole, Jess, Christine, Susan, Laura, Barb, Cathy, Wendy, Shelly and any one I've missed.

I can't keep up with the posts and I don't feel it's right for me to just log on with my workouts and split.

I've gotten such inspiration from the Cheetahs and I thank you all for being so supportive of each other and of me when I could check in.

My running seems to be staying at just 3 miles for now so I can't claim Cheetah status, let's just say I'm a House Cat runner for right now.

I'm going back to doing Cathe's January rotation and just runing now and then. I'll reexamine my running motivation in the Spring.

Have a great time out there!

Colleen

ACK! This morning when I was using the bathroom I realized that the wonderful chin up that won't kill me is going to kill the house instead! It already left a few small holes in the wall because it was designed badly! There is a piece of wood that goes across the wall right above the door's molding on top that is part of what stabilizes the bar (it's the kind that you don't have to make holes in the door jamb to use...go figure!x( )while you are exercising so that it doesn't fall. Well this wood piece has screws, nuts, bolts, whatever they are that are holding it on to the rest of the unit and that part is what sits against the wall and when DH tested it I guess they dug in and left holes!!!!x( x( x( Needless to say I am not going to be using it!

Soooo.....I went out to Modell's and bought the band with the over the door attachment. The only problem with that is that you are supposed to use it on the side of the door that closes towards you, which OFCOURSE, in my house is the side of the door that goes into the hallway and not my work out room! This means that I have to close the door on Tony and do the exercise in the hallway with the tv blaring so I can hear when to stop! AARRRGH! I am having no luck! I would do it the other way but I am afraid! I guess the problem is that the door could open on you causing the band to snap back at you. I have a lock on the door which I would use. I don't know...would you all trust it, or deal with it the other way for safety's sake??

(taking deep breathe) Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, okay, I feel better now...rant over!:7

Thanks for listening!;)

Hello ladies,

cathy- how did you tweak your ankle doing SM? i hope if feels better soon.

wendy- tony had better watch out}( . i can't wait to hear what you think of the workout today. i am so glad your neck is feeling better.

shelly- how do you liek that DM premizx? i always forget about all the good premixes.

laurie- i am so happy that things are working out for you and glen!!!

christine- i too fell off the clean eating bandwagon :-( i was on for 4 days. ah well, such is life. promise me you won't beat yourself up.;)

judy- have a great chest and run workout today!

jess- happy bday to greg. can't wait to hear all about your triathlon training. how exciting!!!

carole- i see you do enjoy your football, that's great. i used to be a big fan when the 49ers were a good team:) :eek: but now i've lost interest. enjoy your workout today!

susan- happy birthday and much love to melissa. you are a wonderful mom:)

kristi- i have no running advice for you, you know i am a novice, lol. however wanted to say be careful running with sore calf and back. how is your ds doing?

well i had to change around my workouts due to my overly hectic schedule, haha. so today i did chest and abs from barry's bootcamp and tonight when i get home i will put in some time on the elliptical.

yesterday i signed up a 5k in april..wooohooo!!

ttyl....:D

Hey all – I’m feeling better – stepped on the scale and wasn’t as bad as I had thought! Still time to get the old butt in gear, though. Enough partying! I enjoyed S&H Chest and Back – the only other workout that works my chest that well is P90X Chest and Back. Not even GS C&T does it the same way. I’m feeling STRONG! And Tucker and I really enjoyed the run this morning. Short but sweet.

Laurie – we must have posted at the same time! Sorry!! I didn’t go back to check! Sounds like you have a nice day planned – starting with a good workout and ending with some honey time! Have a blast!

Judy – I just ticked at myself when I do stupid things and yesterday I did stupid things like having a Mimosa during the Pats/Jets game. If I have one drink that early, my eating goes out the window. *shrugs* Oh well, as I said, today I’ll get back on track. I have some cute Christmas clothes that really need to wait until I drop the 5 pounds of bloat I gained to look good as I gain it all in my belly. Ick! But thanks for the encouragement!

Jess – HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GREG!!! He seems like a wonderful guy! I’m totally excited to hear about your Tri! It sounds like a blast! What wonderful distances! I think you’ll really enjoy it!

Carole – Oh, those chips are BANNED from my house. At least for a bit! And yoga after a run is definitely to be recommended! I figured you’d understand about the football and DH’s viewing location preference. It’s just funny. It will be very interesting in our household if both of our teams win next weekend. But, as you say, time will tell. But I am keeping the faith!

Susan – HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MELISSA!!! I didn’t realize she was adopted – not that it makes a difference in your love for her. You’re an angel, too! How wonderful for both of you to be so much to each other. Don’t apologize for being teary eyed – I am, too, and she’s not my little one!

Colleen – oh, so good to see you checking in again! And what do you mean you’re not a cheetah?!?! If you run 2 steps, you have Cheetah status! It’s not about how far you run, it’s about how you feel about it. 3 miles is a very respectable distance and not one most people can run. So you should be proud.

Kristi - I think that sounds like an excellent plan. I’ve recently started adding more yoga into my workouts and I’m noticing a difference already in the way I feel during the week. Enjoy your runs!

Wendy – it might not be a problem to do it in the other room. P90X is different in that you do as many reps as you can. With the bands, I can do more reps than they can, so I often pause the DVD, bang out the reps so I don’t feel hurried, then advance it to the next exercise. You probably will not feel as comfortable doing in with the door opening up just for fear the door may open – I pull pretty hard on those bands! I think you’ll be fine. Now go and have fun. Sorry to hear about the chin up bar, though! Maybe there is another way to install it so it will hold your weight and not leave marks.

Sunny – we’ll crawl back on the wagon today! How about it?! No, I don’t beat myself up. It’s not worth it. DH loves me the way I am, and I am healthy now that all of the tests are back! So, I cannot complain at all… Good job fitting your workouts into your crazy schedule!!

Hey gals!

Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X are DONE! WOOH!:+ Great work outs! I swear I got some cardio in there by default!:p I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow???

Well I realized what happened with the chin up bar. DH put the nuts/bolts in facing the wrong direction. He'll reverse them when he gets home so that the FLAT side goes against the wall! No, he's not the handiest guy alive but I love him anyway!:p LOL

So I went out and bought an over the door band and used that in lieu of the bar for today. I wasn't crazy about it so I'm hoping once DH puts the nuts/bolts in in the RIGHT direction that I'll be able to use it instead.

I'll be back for personals in a bit. I want to shower and grab a cup of coffee first....

Toodles!:7

Glad you enjoyed it Wendy! It's one of my favorites!! Glad you got the Chin Up bar figured out - it will make a big difference!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.