::::: CHEETAH RUNNERS ::::: Friday *rocks*! 5.18

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah friends & happy Friday to all!! :)

Am planning to w/out this afternoon - just not sure what it'll be yet - maybe some k'boxing since I've not done any cardio all week.

I was the last post again last night, so no personals to get caught up with, but I'll be back later to see what's going on w/ everyone.

Have a great day and great workouts!
~Cathy :)

Good morning!

Cathy - No! I don't think you are a wuss at all for being under the weather!!! Last year I had some type of respiratory (chest and head) virus that affected me for at least 6 months. I would think I would be getting better and then ...wham..back on my butt I would go. That was before my father passed away and he was in the nursing home. I was there pretty much every day and there were a lot of viruses being passed around all the time...so I can relate!

Christine - I agree...those Tae Bo with the bands really, really worked the shoulders well! I got more definition in my shoulders than I have ever gotten from anything else! I do wish, though, that the bands were at least 2 inches longer :-( Jimmy is sooooo cute! I love how he is kind of cocking his head in that picture!

Last night I did Amy Bento's KBX and the floorwork from Firm Volume I. I love her kickbox.

Hi to everyone that follows and TGIF! BBL

Linda

Jess - I love the dress! It is gorgeous! The picture is beautiful, too! Good job on the unassisted pullups! I can't do even one x( Good job on the workouts!

Linda

Morning!

I blew off last night's yoga in favor of some shopping and a couple of beers with friends. }( :9 I WILL do yoga over the next couple of days if it kills me!!!!! LOL

I am taking a rest day today because I am headed out straight from work and don't think I'll be back in time to work out. If anything I MIGHT be able to squeeze some yoga in but that's it.

My weight has dropped mysteriously low as of this morning. I am going to keep an eye on it and see if this new low # sticks....

I am considering cutting the rotation I am doing short and moving on to something else. I have to create a plan for myself though before I stop what I am doing so until then I will forge ahead!:p

BBL!:7

Good morning, ladies! It’s finally Friday. How’s your weather forecast??? We’re expecting rain today right on thru to Monday.

Any fun weekend plans??? My older DS made the All Star team for his baseball league, and the games are Saturday and Sunday. But with the forecast, I think there may be a problem. Boo hoo. Lol He’s so excited. His first all star ‘appearance’!

FINALLY got a good night’s sleep last night, even though I woke up twice to the cat knocking on the door. Lol got up early for a 5 mile run and Core Max 3.

I’ve gotta hit and run this morning. As soon as the kids get on the bus, I’ll be starting younger DS’ bedroom with the first coat of paint! EXCITED ABOUT IT too!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...no, I have never had a stone massage. Let me know how you like it. I got hooked on deep tissues a few years back, and even thru the pain I enjoy the massage..."it hurts so good"..:)...kickboxing sounds like fun one for today.

Wendy...how fun you got pictures with Joey....:)...I think strong calfs are important and probably prevent some injuries. That is great the X helped you in that area. A couple of beers with friend sounds good! Congrats on your low weight.

Gayle...interesting idea for increasing the weight for the barbell! I know some here use those weighted vests to add weight. I have added 5 lb ankle weights to a weight lifting belt myself, but nice to hear other ways. We will have nice weather this weekend, in the mid 80's.

Christine...I am so relieved to here Jimmy is all right, how scary. Thanks for the sloppy wet puppy kiss...you know I LOVE those...:)...and the pic of Jimmy and Kimo is great!!

Jess...sounds like the X is really getting you strong!! I had always liked Papa Murphy's too...now I'll pay more and get Round Table, they don't screw up very often.

Jackie...I have only used the stick a few times but I know a lot of runners use them. I prefer the roller too. Way to go on those unassisted pull-ups!!

Linda...how bizarre about the cramps from calf work. I have been luck in the cramp area...I just get occasional toe cramps. Good job on the run and the GS workouts. Another good workout last night too.

Shelly...happy to have inspired you. I do like those machines for some exercises. Hope you had a great run along with the killer GS leg workout.

Susan...sorry about the blues. You will go thru that from time to time. Yes, that does sounds like ITB, could also be time for new running shoes if yours are getting worn.

Today I'll be doing KV GWW leg workout, abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies,

yesterday's workout never happened. didn't finish until late with my clients and then had to go take a pre-employment drug test for the YMCA. i did go to the track and ran the steps for about 20 mins- if that counts:)

this morning i did an indoor marathon training itread and plan on trying out my new squeeze dvd today}( :D .

plus lots of laundry and studying for my group ex. exam tomorrow:eek:

carole- are you freestyling your legs?

have a great day and ttyl...

G'morning Cheetahs!! It seems every time I sleep I wake up w/ a bit of pain still in my neck/ shoulder. Maybe I need a new pillow??

Well, I took my 30 day measurements today. I am happily down 5"!!! Down 1 in my chest, 1 below my chest (ribcage), down 1 in the waist, down 1 in my hips, and a half inch off each thigh!! Biceps stayed the same which is fine as I'm not looking to lose my arms! Yeah!! And I'm only down 1 pound. But I know it's working for me!! I'll make Greg take his measurements later to see how he's doing.

And.... I might have talked him into running a 5K next month!!! He's been running a lot w/ the kids at soccer practice (he's the coach) & said it doesn't feel as hard as it used to (thanks to the X!). So... he brought home the sign up for the 5K & I told him he should run it! I'm planning to run it even if I don't break any records! My 8yo wants to run the 1 mile run, so I told her I'd run that w/ her too. And then they have a little fun run for the little kids that my other 2 will run.

Well, it's Allison's last day of preschool! She's sad because she loves school.

Kenpo is on schedule but I think I'll sub for KM like I've been doing. I've been doing the bootcamp premix, I like it because it gets the blasts out of the way first!

OK, better get moving! I'll be back later!

Good morning ladies!

Temps are a little cool this morning. I was tempted to turn on the heat. Makes for some good running weather.

Christine - Glad Jimmy is back to his old bouncing self. Love the pic of Kimo and Jimmy. He is really growing.

Linda - You're enjoying running again? I'm thinking about getting Amy's KB. Just too many enablers around.

Gayle - WTG on 50# & 60#!! I can get 50 over my head but more than that and I have to be creative. I don't have a weighted vest and I have added weight by putting a belt on and adding ankle weights. Glad you got some sleep.

Shelly - I know you will be doing some more killer workouts during your 6 day stretch. That speed ladder didn't take near as much out of me as the tempo run. Laughing at what you tell dh when he's sick.:7 How are the legs after that hill run?

Susan - ((((HUGS))))to you. I'm glad you're there to help your girls deal with their emotions. Things will get easier.

Wendy - Sounds like a busy day for you yesterday. At least, you'll have some great pics of Joey. Yesterday's workout took about 80 minutes. I left off the cool down on CC#1 and PP was about 45 minutes. Anxious to hear how you like Xflowsion whenever you do it. Enjoy your rest day.

Jess - Great job on the pull ups! We will be some Cheetah and Pull Up Babes before long.:) The family looks great all dressed up too!

Cathy - A hot stone massage! I'm salivating thinking about that. Can't you just imagine your body all relaxed and needing a cigarette? ;-) You deserve it girl! Are you feeling better today?

Carole - Enjoy your workout today. How often do you buy new running shoes? I usually buy them once a year because I wasn't doing much running. I had to buy them in a little less than a year this time because my mileage has really picked up. Last year I barely got in 200 miles. I already have more than 200 up to this point.

Sunny - Running the steps definitely counts. Love the itread indoor marathon.

I did Kick Max Low Impact premix - left off leg drills, SSE 6 Minute Abs and a 20 minute Yoga Zone. I wanted an easy kickbox workout this morning and KM fit the bill. Need to save my legs for my 10 miles tomorrow. Thinking I may give Hal Higdon training a try for June.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Jackie

Jess - That's awesome on your measurements!!! Congratulations!! I'll bet Greg did great too. He looks slimmer in his pic! Good luck to him. The 5K would be so much fun for you both. The kids will have fun too. There was a family that participated in the run I did Saturday. Everyone was coming out with medals. I love to see kids being active.

Jackie

Good morning dear cheetahfriends! I had to force myself to get out the door yesterday and get in my run cuz I was feeling a tad queezy. Glad I did.... it was a great run! I started out pretty slow but finished strong and fast, running the last 1/2 mile at 5k race pace for a total of 7.5 miles. After a break I did the standing portion of GS legs and later the floorwork. Feeling pretty good this morning and ready for some upperbody work:)

Linda- Are you still doing the Relay for Life tonight? I did this a few weeks ago and what an awesome experience it was!!! Amy's KB ext is my all time favorite kickbox workout. I like it far better than Cathe's! Have fun.

Cathy- Is your voice back yet? I think kickboxing would be a good choice for an end of the week, after work stress relieving cardio workout :7

Wendy- It would take far less incentive for me to blow off a yoga workout Im afraid! I have yet to find one that I can really get into. Sounds like your body may have found a new lower weight as a "setpoint"...:7 :7

Gayle- Congratulations on your DS making the Allstars:7 :7 I hope the games don't get rained out on you!! Okay.... I'm trying to picture a cat knocking on a door now! :+

Carole- Giving GWW another go around? I must admit, her workout gave me DOMS in my quads which hardly ever happens. I don't have any today even after my hill run and GS. It's amazing how effective that workout is using such light weights! Pairing it with a run too! :eek:

SunnyD- Hey, running up steps for 20 minutes absolutely counts!!!
Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

Jackie- Good luck on your 10 miler tomorrow! I've used Hal Higdons plans a few times in training for races, you can't go wrong with them! I forgot.... are you doing a half marathon in June?

Jess- Well, I finally took a peek at your latest avatar pic....
You and your girls all look so pretty!!! :* Congratulations on the new measurements!!!! Sounds like your getting lots of nice lean muscle with the X!! I think that is awesome that you'll be doing a race together with your DH!!! You have got to get some pics of you two to share with us!!

Susan- Some big cyberhugs to you dear Susan!!! I hope you're feeling better today but having those blue days are certainly understandable and to be expected! Pain on the outside of the knee is certainly suspicious for ITB. If you work at it now, by resting from running and icing and stretching it should only take a week or so for it to be history.

Christine- Great pic of Jimmy yesterday! I just love the way puppies sit with their legs flopped to the side! I'm so happy that the accidental poisoning episode had a happy ending!!!

Time to get moving. I'm doing IMAX1 and CTX upper body split today. I have ALOT of errands and shopping to do also. Getting ready for a birthday party on Saturday for my DH and mother. Their b-days are only 2 days apart.
Later y'all

ShellyC

Shelly - We decided to do Relay for Life June 15th in a city that is much, much closer. By the time we get off work, we are afraid we won't make it there in time. The one on June 15th will be much, much more convenient for us to get to after work. Did you do the whole 12 hours, or just stay for a few? Good workout that you have planned today! Enjoy the party! I love Amy's kickboxing, too!

Jackie - Have fun on the 10 miler tomorrow! Yes, I think I am enjoying the running again. I am sure I am just "burnt out" on everything and I'll get over it soon ;-) Amy's KBX is an awesome kickbox workout! (I am truly, truly not trying to enable ya, I promise) :+

Sunny - I love the iTread indoor marathon training! I hope you enjoy Squeeze! Let me know what you think!

Carole - Enjoy GWW legs and your run! Will you do all of the lower body, or just the floorwork? My toes cramp up a lot, too. It is like they draw under really hard (the same with my foot).

Wendy - Enjoy the yoga, when you do it! Did you ever get any DOMS from the L&B Xtreme?

Gayle - Enjoy the baseball games and I hope the weather holds out! My plans are that my grandaughter's dance recital is Sunday! I can't wait! :) Glad you got some sleep! That is one thing that I did NOT get last night! Woke up at 2:30 a.m. and did not go back to sleep. Got mad and just got up at 3:00.

Linda

Good Morning All!

Jimmy seems to be fully recovered – he’s back to his usually bouncy goofy self. I took him for a really long walk this morning (after HSTA which was so needed after this past week – I so love that workout!) and he was very happy to be out and about. Yesterday he was very tired from his ordeal. He’s also been very cuddly. I was doing the stretching for HSTA and at on point she has you sit and do head rolls. Jimmy climbed right into my lap and started licking my ear (not conducive to relaxing, but sweet). Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I’m thinking he’ll recover fully. I’m so thankful!

Cathy – enjoy your kickboxing!!! You mentioned that Jimmy has a human-like expression on his face in the last photo. This one I think is even more human like – I swear he’s looking at me thinking, “The minute you turn your back, mom, I’m taking Kimo’s chewy!” http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/10006168/253274700.jpg

Linda – oh yeah, those bands are a pain for us tall girls! But, as I don’t use them very much any more, that’s okay. I may have to try Amy’s Kickbox. I’ve been avoiding it, but maybe I’ll have to break down…

Wendy – oh, you’re still the indecisive Cheetah – I love it! Sounds like you’re doing something right! Great job on the weight loss! Have a great time tonight!

Gayle – congrats on the good nights sleep! Yeah! Sounds like you have great weekend planned – I’ll wish for nice weather for you!

Carole – sounds like you have a nice workout planned! I was thinking of you the other day as I plan to go a little wild with my nails this time. I have a party next weekend where I am to wear a sari. Last time DH was in India, he came back with a gorgeous red and black one. So, I’ll wear that one and plan to have my nails done in a red/black pattern. I’m bored with French tip! And thanks for the prayers on Jimmy. I was a basket case for a while, but I do think he will fully recover. *does happy dance*

Sunny – hmm, running steps for 20 minutes? Ya think it should count? Lady – you’re too funny! OF COURSE that counts! OUCH!

Jackie – oh yeah the little guy is growing like a weed! He’s getting tough to pick up with one hand now! And there is no fat on the guy. 10 miles tomorrow? Cool! That’s a nice distance. Have fun!

Jess – WAY TO GO! 5”?! That’s great! And it would be a blast to run a 5k with Greg. I love running with my DH. The fun runs are great, too – what a wonderful way to get the younger kids into running.

Shelly – I often find that if I just force myself to get started, I’m thrilled I did after the first 5 minutes. Sorry you’re feeling queezy – hope you’re better now! You know – Tucker sat with his legs flopped to the side, all the time. I’m thinking Jimmy might too.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday! I’m sooo happy for a weekend. No huge plans, just a nice relaxing weekend – my favorite kind!

Good afternoon ladies,
Just a quick check-in before I go get a massage. I had an xray taken of the side of my knee to see what the pain is, because I am never messing around with an injury ever again after this whole back issue. I have what is called Lateral Collateral ligament strain. It is from over stretching the outside area of the knee. I have been doing a lot of runners stretch to keep the glute loose and apparently that stretch puts a lot of stress on this particular ligament. It will go away in a week or so with some ice and no running or stretching that area.

I ended up doing HSC yesterdaya and I forgot how much I really like that workout. You really can make it as hard as you want.

I had a really nice breakfast this morning out with some girlfriends and I had a huge serving of french toast with fresh strawberries. It was divine;-)

I will be doing DM cardio and leg premix today.

Christine, BEAUTIFUL pics of Jimmy. I am so glad that he is okay.

I will check back later cheetahs!

Susan

Hello again,

christine- i am so very happy that jimmy is doing great! now that pic has got me wanting a dog again...lol. too cute!

shelly-thanks! time to start enjoying your time off!

linda- i did the 30 min power squeeze and then added the arm segment...all i have to say is OUCH:D . never thought i could get such a good workout with 3lb dumbbells and a squishy ball. can't wait to do the whole thing}(

christine- sounds like a heavenly breakfast:9 . enjoy your massage and i hope your knee gets better.

cathy- so which kboxing workout did you decide on?

wendy- enjoy your rest day girl. you certainly deserve!

jackie- this was my first time attempting the indoor itread and i loved it! according to grace i am a jogger...lol. i just bought 3 new itrains today...i am soooooooo bad:eek: }( :7

ttyl...

My boss looked at the photo and wondered what the big white thing was. He thought Kimo was a sheep! Oh well - I guess we cannot have svelte figures... :+

And he's fine - he caught a crow today. Scared the heck out of me - I thought he killed it. The crow was all cocky, strutting around and waiting until the last moment before taking off. He flew straight up - Jimmy jumped straight up and over the crow and landed on it. I immediately pulled him off, but the crow lay like it was dead for a few moments, then got up and wandered off. When I went back (minus the dogs) to look for it, it was gone.

Susan - so glad your knee injury will heal in a few weeks! Good for you for getting to the doctor so quickly. Thanks for your words on Jimmy - I'm glad he's better, too.

Sunny - I'm totally a jogger according to Grace, too - so don't feel too badly! :p And after the crow story, do you still want a puppy? LOL.

Shelly - I knew it had to be something that would keep you from a run. Glad the queasiness went away and you got in a good run. I'm not doing a HM in June. I plan on doing a Road Race Series starting in July consisting of 2 each 5K, 5 miles, 10K, 10 miles and HM. I will attempt to do one of each. Thought I would give Hal a try because the runs are 5 days and shorter with the exception of a long run. I can go a little easy on myself for the first few weeks and then build back up when it gets closer to the 10 miles and HM races. Sounds like a fun time for you this weekend. Happy Birthday to DH and mom!

Linda - I think it's easy to get burned out sometimes because we have so much going on. I won't get to participate in our Relay for Life this year. DBF wants to go to FL. He's into scuba diving and wants to do some diving. Me, I swim like a rock. So, I go just for the fun of getting away.

Christine - That is a devilish look on Jimmy's face! LOL!! No fat, huh? What we wouldn't give for that! :) Hope you enjoy your relaxing weekend.

Susan - Good idea to have your knee looked at before it evolved into something more. Enjoy your massage. The breakfast sounds so delicious.

Sunny - According to Grace, I'm a jogger too. Every now and then, I will venture out into the runner's world. 3 more itrains??? You do have it bad. They are truly addicting. Which ones did you get?

Almost time to head home! TGIF!!

Jackie

Hello ladies,
I just got back from Target and spend $300.00(OOPS!) I actually had to buy a new vacuum cleaner and it was 150.00,and the rest, well just stuff;-) I have the worst luck with vacuum cleaners. I don't know how I go through them so quickly. This is my 3rd one in a couple of years.

I have decided to take a rest day and let this Lateral collateral ligament heal. It does not hurt with step, but I am going to take it easy.

CAthy, how about a powerstrike dvd today? I really like millenium #2. It is pretty tough. Glad you are feeling better.

Linda, So you like Amy'x kickbox. I will have to give it a try. I haven't done kickbox in awhile due to the injury of my back, but I will have to check that out.

Wendy, any excuse for you to skip the yoga}( What is your new yoga dvd that you bought? And, do you like it?

Gayle, any races coming up for you?

Carole, Speaking of races, when is your next marathon? I agree, I love the deep tissue massage as well. That is what I had today and I was popping and cracking all over the place.

Sunnydelite, sounds like you have been getting into some new workouts. I have not tried the itread workouts. I have cardio coach and love those. What is defined as a runner or jogger?

Jackie, yes the breakfast was delicious. I am such a sucker for french toast. I don't like eggs that much so that is what I always get and of course, with lots of syrup}(

Jess, CONGRATS on the measurements. Hard workouts definitley pay off.

Shelly, I love all the imaxes and I used to do the Upper body split once a week for the longest time. I really like that upperbody workout. I am obsessed right now with the BM2 double upper body. It is a hard one.

Christine, that is funny your boss made that comment about Kimo being a sheep. He is beautiful.

Well ladies, finally I had time for personals. I hope I did not miss anyone. Have a great night friends.

Susan

Hi Cheetahs-

Christine~ TG Jimmy is OK!!

Wendy~ down in weight after beer? Go figure! I won't even step on a scale after a night out

I swapped yesterday's run for Power Hour. It was fun to do that one again. Today was the 6 mile very hilly run and abs. Tomorrow is rest and watch DD at another Regatta. Hopefully we can get in some good walking between races.

I posted about the Nike ? Ipod combo to see if anyone uses it (on open forum) i wonder if it will fit nicely in a asics shoe with out slipping?

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hello Cheetahs!

I don't know how I will ever be able to catch back up with all of you but think I will give it a shot! I have one more final to go then am off for the summer and so will have more time to devote to other things that I have let go by the wayside lately.

I have not been 100% away and so I do know that a couple of you have suffered great losses and want to extend my sympathy to you:

Susan, I am so sorry about your mother. I think I can relate to what you are going through. Please be reassured that even though the empty space your mother left will never be filled up, the rawness does become less raw over time. Lately I've just sort of been thinking about how I would want my loved ones to live their lives if I were no longer here and kind of going with that for myself. From what I have been able to gather it seems like you are moving through it and taking care of yourself. Hugs to all of you.

Christine, I saw that you lost Tucker in a terrible accident and I meant to send you a personal note but let time get away from me. I'm so sorry for not getting to that and for your loss! Again, I sort of can relate because a few weeks ago we had to have our 14 year old dog put to sleep. Both my DH and I cried and agree that losing our old friend was one of the hardest things we have had to deal with. And I know that Tucker was your friend. Sounds like the new puppy is helping to fill the void. Hugs to you too.

Here's where I am.....still dealing with PF but have just found a podiatrist who assures me that if I do what he tells me then I will have a clear shot at running Boston in April. So my mindset is that I am in training for that right now which essentialy means doing whatever it takes to get me there. The fun and good thing about all of this is that I am finding new ways to keep my body healthy and in shape.

I had eye surgery last Monday so this has been a down week for me as far as exercise goes. But what I am up to lately is using my new (to me) recumbent bike for cardio and Barry's Boot Camp weight lifting. The recumbent certainly hits areas of my quads and butt that don't get worked that hard doing other forms of cardio. Love, love, love BBC! They,ve been a nice change of pace from lifting heavy.

Anyway, I'll try to see if I can figure out where you are all at these days and see if it is possible to jump in where I left off.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.