Cheetah runners Check-in Sun Aug 27th

Copying my last post from yesterday:

Jess...I am happy you got in a good 16 miler today even thought the weather was a huge factor. I have done some long training runs in the rain myself and the good thing is, it does make you strong.. ..can you carry your cell phone when you run?

Cathy...yes new toys are s fun. I didn't even see any 201's or 301's my search went right to the 205 or 305 so i just tried to find the best price. I know you had some trouble hooking up to your PC...maybe and upgrade to the 205 would be good?...

Elaine..yes the 305 does have a HRM, I wouldn't have gotten the Garmin without that..I am at a loss with your brother's gift? A favorite food? A favorite movie on DVD? Good luck on the 20...I'll be pulling for you...

Christine..I am so jealous!!! You get to run on the beach!!! I got a great price on the Garmin $273.95 total... ..as they normally sell for $349..I love Amazon.com...glad you got your step ordered.

Wendy..yes I caved and got the Forerunner. I kept having these battery issues with the Timex GPS's...and the Garmin I got has a rechargable lithium battery... ..not a bad time on that 5K course. My advice would be to take it easy on the first hill and after you warm up, go with the flow. Running with a friend from class once a week will be great!!

I finished my workout and did some Yardmax.

I am going to do a 15 mile run with a friend today. A mix of pavement and trails.

Have a great day...

Good morning, all! It's an overcast and dreary-looking Sunday here in southern NJ.

Slept in a little "late" today and am unsure what's on the agenda for today. Will play by ear. I signed up for a 5K this coming Thursday night - it's the first one I've done in years. It'll be fun to get back into those.

Carole :: I thought about the upgrade but then concluded that, as far as I can tell (not having SEEN the Garmin program), I don't really *need* to track my mileage through the PC. Generally, I jot down info about my runs in my daily planner and I also use fitday. So, I dunno...when you get yours hooked up, tell me if you think I'm really missing out and I may change my mind.

Looking for some input on which Cathe (or other) DVD to get next...
Currently I have:
GS CT
GS BSB
GS Legs
MM
S&H
Pyramids
KPC
Core Max
Stretch Max (on the way)
(Let me also mention that Jari Love's Get Ripped to the Core and Slim & Lean are on the way, too.)

I was thinking of SS/PP, BC/ME, and/or Kick Max. Thoughts? I am looking to burn fat & sculpt muscle. I can't do complicated step and try not to do too much high impact (bugs my knees). Any recommendations from the cheetahs would be much appreciated!!

Have a great day, ladies!
cathy

Hi Cheetahs!
I had the world's busiest day yesterday and Friday night. I spent hours on the phone talking to my mom and brother (who both just happened to call, lol), and then DH and I went to an estate and antique auction, continuing the search for furniture. And, all the cheetah vibes must have helped because we came home with an amazing matching overstuffed sofa and chair, an antique chestnut dresser, a oak bed frame, and other miscellaneous items. WHOOHOO!!! And we spent only $300 dollars on all of it! Could not be happier:7
Then, my parents came to visit yesterday, and we still had to pick up the rest of the furniture.
Today is (finally) a rest day, and it's pouring!:-( But DH and I have to go buy a lawnmower today not matter what b/c DH starts his new teaching job tomorrow.

Oh and just in case anyone wants to try this devilish mishmosh, KM w/u and Blast challenge, LoMax Blasts only premix, then KPC High Intensity drills only, KPC abs, and stretch. Warning: only if your legs are feeling fresh}(

Cathy-I'm here but just barely. Good luck on the upcoming 5k! I vote for BC/ME. It's worth it for the premixes alone! ME is probably my favorite all body weight workout and BC has a few high impact moves on the cardio, but they can be modified, and some aren't high impact at all.

Jess-Sounds like you were running in the weather we're having today! Officially you are my new hero! LOL. Nice job on the 16 miles:D

Wendy-Not too shabby on the 5K practice run! Your rotation looks great. You are going to do so well, just remember to take baby steps on the hills and pick up time on the flats and downhills:7

Carole-Have fun with your new toy (Garmin), and may you always know exactly where you are and how fast you're moving, lol!

Keep up the good work the rest of you cheetahs and I'll catch up later after the shopping trip.
Have a great (and hopefully dryer) day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Cathy – You’re right, these boards DO keep one honest!! I love ‘em for that. No cheating… Great job on the run! Oh! BC/ME is a great one!! I LOVE the bonus premix of the two – it’s a ‘real’ weight workout with cardio thrown in. Just my opinion, though!

Carole – thanks for starting the thread! I guess a lot of Cheetahs are practicing SleepMax this morning! Good for them! I certainly enjoyed my sleep!! Where did you get your Garmin? As soon as I get a job … I like my Polar, but I always have doubts as to it’s accuracy. Weird I know.

Mattea – WOW! That’s a great deal!! Good job with your hunting!! Sounds like your house will look a bit fuller now!! That mishmosh sounds killer. Of course I have to figure out how to fit it in my schedule… LOL…Hope things dry up for you.

Today I get to try MM! I’m so excited! If I have time I’ll add an iCycle to it, but I don’t want to way over do it today as I have my long run tomorrow. The hike yesterday went well – the heel was okay. So, I’ll try the run again…

Hi Christine,
Yes, Sleepmax was very welcome this morning! I'm glad your heel is feeling okay. Enjoy MM! It's fantastic! I don't know if you have the Gym Styles, but I've been doing a really fun weights mishmosh with them where I do three exercises for each upper body part and about 8 for the lower body. You can switch up the exercises each time and make a new "MM". I love it because you can go VERY heavy and really have some nice DOMS}(
Mattea

Hello,

2 miles yesterday at the outdoor track. One lap backwards. Fingers crossed. Trying for slow 2 miles every second day this week. We'll see about next week. Come on leg. . . get better, get stronger!

Good morning all! Quiet day on the check in so far.... I guess we've all been out there running:) Did my 18 miler today and feel pretty good about it. Still have some energy left which is good....I need to catch up on some yard work:7 Had a real busy day yesterday with a trail run, HSTA and helping my sister move her classroom furniture after being flooded. Sounds like alot of busy cheetahs lately :7

Carole- So I guess right now your out giving your Garmin a test drive
:7 I'll be interested in hearing how you like it as compared to your polar. I'm thrilled for you that your DH is still continuing with the elliptical workouts! Right now my DH is getting in a workout with mowmax!

Cathy- You've committed to a 5k? How wonderful....those are such fun! Thursday night is an odd time for a race though! If you want a suggestion for a new Cathe workout may I throw one out there not on your consideration list? How about Bodymax? The choreography is pretty basic and it's not terribly high impact and the weight segments are truly challenging. I think you'd like it. Honestly if I could keep only one Cathe workout (heaven forbid!) this would be the one I would choose. It has everything!

Mattea- our busy busy cheetah. Congratulations on some fantastic furniture shopping there. You did terrific! I just LOVE that mish mosh you posted }( Sounds right up my alley....but it will have to wait a bit, my legs are far from fresh at the moment!

Christine- You will have a great time with MM! I love the variety and intensity of this workout. You'll be primed for your long run tomorrow...how far are you going?

Laurie- you're on a long run also today....good luck and looking forward to hearing from you!

Jess- Fantastic job on your 16 mile wet run yesterday! What an inspiration you are!!!!!

Elaine- I had you in mind alot today! When I felt like quitting I
thought of you doing your 20 miler.....could you feel my vibes floating across Az to Ca?

Wendy- I enjoyed your description of you 5k route yesterday! You did it in a pretty darn respectable time too!!!! On race day just relax and have fun. Start in the middle or back of the pack, wave and smile back at the spectators, thank the volunteers at the water station and most important...remember to smile at the finish line!!
You will be so jazzed by this experience...I guarantee it!

Okay, enough babbling. The next couple of weeks will be step backs before I up the mileage to 20. I may be doing a couple of races also. There's a 10k next weekend and a HM the following week :7

Take care everyone..Hi to all who follow!

ShellyC

Hey Cheetahs.

It's my rest day today. :)

DH and I are heading up north to MIL's later for dinner and to pick up Joey. Should be a nice visit. Now we won't have to make the treck on tuesday which can be a good thing.

Saw the WTC movie last night. It was good. I was not compelled to cry as others have said they have though. I'm not sure why. It just wasn't done in such a way that made me want to cry...Amazing story of bravery though!

Don't have time for personals at the moment. Sorry. :-(

Will catch up later!:)

Hi there Wendy Marie! As I recall you are dealing with ITB problems?
Sounds like you're being very sensible with your running. Did the 2 miles feel okay? Backwards huh.....does this help? Keep at it and keep us posted!

ShellyC

Cathy...I'll be happy to let you know how the Garmin 305 along with my PC works, when I get it. Congrats on signing up for the 5K!!!....Have you thought about the Power Hour DVD? It has Power Hour, MIS (both full body strength workouts) and Bodymax with step, power circuits with lower body weight and then a half hour upper body workout then abs. They are older but I use that DVD often. SS/PP has some very good premixes so you can do upper body and lower body in 2 and 3 sets. Really whatever you want as there are alot of premixes...

Mattea...sounds like you got a great deal on the furniture!!! I think I'll try that mish mosy now after my 14 miles.......NOT!!!!!....I'll let you know how I like my new toy when I get it...

Christine...no problem starting today as I was up early...I got my Garmin here http://www.compuplus.com/i-Garmin-F...10-00467-00-1006679~.html?sid=9d66w39sa2624jb I have used my Polar in a few races and it is fairly accurate. The new Garmins (205 & 305) are supposed to have increased the ability to track under trees now...so this will be interesting. I hope you have fun with MM! Good job resting the heel....:)

Wendy Marie...slow os good when recovering from am injury.

Wendy...have a nice dinner at your MIL's...I think I might pass on that movie...:)

Shelly...good job on the 18!!!!!! I don't have my Garmin yet. But I will compare it and let you know.

I ended up doing 14.2 miles. I need to do some yardmax too...

Hi Cheetahs!

Family Max is preventing me from posting daily, but it is so nice to have teh kids all home! Sam our youngest DS, age 13 had his first two hockey games of the season and all 6 of us were at the game. It truly makes me happy to have family time.

Yeaserday was pilates and stretching. Today I went to the gym and did 45" on the elliptical. It said I did 5 miles. My heart rate was as high as the 190s during hard intervals , but dropped into the 150s during the recovery phases. It was fun. does any one have recomendation for incorporating the elliptical into a weekly plan for cross trainning? I thought just on or two days per week would be OK to start. Oh, I also did Pyramid chest and 3 set of push-ups, and really long stretching (30seconds per pose)

Cathy- My suggestions for a Cathe DVD are #1 The Terminator, #2 Hard COre Extreme, #3 Body Max, #4 Imax 3 #5 HSTA These are ll very helpful in addition to whatyou already have. The Gauntlet on The Terminator DVD should be in everyone's DVD workout library,IMO.

Carole- How did it go with the Garmin today? I am a fairly low tech runner. However, I do enjoy going to Mapmyrun.com after every run though to be sure.
Good luck and congratulation to those of you who have long runs!! You continue to be inspiring ! Jes, Elaine, Laurie, Shelly and Carole!!

Mattea- You really got a lot of furniture for you money!!! way to go :)

Wendy- I'll have to back and read about your practice race run.

Tomorrow is my long little run of 6-7 miles. TTFN

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

MM was definitely worth it! I had a great time with it, and I love the abs at the end, too! I ended up doing an easy 30 minutes of a 40 minute iCycle. I kept the resistance down so I didn't work my legs too much. I'm feeling great. Wonderful workout!!

ShellyC,

I like backwards. Gets different muscles. Have to go slow, and be careful of course! I visualize rewinding my forward training and maybe, just maybe my IT band will revert back to its original state! (Sounds retarded I know.) I go sideways too. And skip. And gallop. My kids come with me to the track so I just pretend I'm playing with them so I don't look too goofy.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions on DVDs. I always seem to have a tough time narrowing down the choices! Yes, PowerHour was another I've been considering. And then there's the pre-order...**Aggh!**I want them all!!!! (I feel like I should seek professional help for this addiction!) By the way, does anyone know in ballpark terms how long it *typically* takes for the new DVDs to be processed once filming is done?

Mattea :: nice score on the furniture! Glad you had a successful shopping venture. Nothin' like findin' great bargains.

Wendy :: Ya know, I tend to get choked any time I see any of the 9/11 footage...I'm not really an emotional person or an easy crier otherwise...But I just find it very, very difficult to see those images - they are still so surreal to me. It horrifies me when I think about what the victims and survivors had to experience. Horrifies and saddens and angers me still.

Judy :: I don't use an elliptical, but incorporating it twice a week as cross-training sounds reasonable to me. How's the hip?

Christine :: I like MM, too. I did the u/b premix yesterday. At first, I wasn't that crazy about MM overall - I found it brutally tough. But it's won me over. It's the good kind of pain. She really spanks the tri's on that, imo.

Shelly :: Wow, your energy level amazes me. 18 miles and still going strong! I didn't have the nerve to try the sideways-up-the-hill technique yet. The past two days when I ran there were SO many more pedestrians out there than usual -- and RIGHT ON the steep hill in question. Let's see, there was a telephone repairman and police officer directing traffic the one day, and a crew of landscapers and some teenage kids the other day. :)

Wendy Marie :: can you recommend any stretches for the ITB? The tightness/knotting in my calves seems to be on the spread! (Ut oh.) Now I've got some knots in one of my quads and a little discomfort outside the knee. I'm pretty sure that's an ITB issue. Hope you make a quick recovery.

I wound up taking a rest day today. Feeling a bit tired, and believe it or not, my wrist and forearm are a little achy from bowling last night. :p Tomorrow it's up-and-at-'em again first thing, though. Depending on how early I wake up, I may go into school and set up my classroom, too.

Well, have a good night!
Cathy :)

Hi, ladies. It's late on Sunday, but I'm just posting to keep my motivation going. I was planning on running my 10-12 mile long run tomorrow morning (first day of schook, ACK, lol), BUT...........since the kids will be going back to their bedtime of 8pm for school nights, I am headed to the basement TONIGHT instead to do it on the treadmill. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow, so this will keep my DRY DRY DRY, lol.

See you in the morning!

Gayle

Hey Ladies:) I'm a tired, fuzzy headed Cheetah, had a very fun night last night but didn't get to bed until 4:00, slept till 10:00 and ran with a friend of mine at 12:00. I was slated for 12K, 16K for her so, I ran her distance. At about the 6K mark it started to rain lightly then, WHAM, it poured, we got completeley soaked, we had our i-Pods with us so at the halfway mark we stopped at a friend's to drop them off, we visited for 10 minutes and off we went, I kinda lost my groove and didn't really love the rest of the run. I'm glad I finished it but the late night, bad food and couple of drinks (not to mention being around smokersx( ) are not productive components to incorporate into my training programme:+ I had a lot of fun last night so in the grand scheme it was worth it!

Hope everyone had a good day and workout. I'm going back to check everyone's posts, then it's all about some 'quality time' with my big comfy couch.:)

Later Ladies

Take Care
Laurie

Cathy,

Sarah has some great picks on her picture trail. Pigeon pose in yoga feels good. Also a quad stretch lying on my side, but let my knee go more towards the floor behind my straight leg. (in Framework) I've been doing the Bryan Kest slow CD (when I have more time). I really enjoy that.

Hello everyone, I guess I need to start bringing my laptop home because someone is always on the computer. I have set our house up for wireless access. Need to make this quick because someone needs the computer.

I ran 6 miles today.

Hopefully I can check in tomorrowl.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.