:::Cheetah Den:::Racing Saturday:::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetah Pals!:)

Well I'm up and almost all ready for this morning's race. I actually have to leave in about 45 minutes! It's an early start (8:30) and I want to be sure I have enough time to make it to the potty first. At the last race I did I was in the john with only 2 minutes to go before the start! Talk about barely makin' it!:eek: I hate when that happens so I'm going to try my best to avoid it this morning. :)

Later on I am heading up to BFF's. Me and another friend are going with her to a family party of her's. It's in a hall and we have to get dressed up. There will be food, liquor, a dj and a dance floor so we should have lots of fun!}(

Okay, let me get this posted before we get a duplicate thread here.

BBIAB!

Christine: So will you be following a formal training plan for your bike race? Great job on your work out y'day. It seems you are enjoying the X+. That makes me happy. :)

Shelly: Your new pad sounds divine! Once you get settled we can talk about a visit. :)

Gloria: IMO it's very easy to get hooked on the ITreads. I am! Actually, I don't have much of a choice with the little one. No worries though. The important thing is that you are running!

Posh: How did the cook out go last night?

Judy: Good job getting the work outs in in the afternoons. I have a harder time getting them done in the morning or evening. Afternoon is my "usual" time. :)

Wendi: Thanks re getting a training job. I guess we'll find out now, won't we!;) AWESOME run y'day!!!!

Cathy: I am ashamed to admit that I did not recognize the 80's movie reference. I may have seen the movie but I am bad with stuff like that!:p AB has you do the same 2 weight routines for a month before changing as well. Throwing in the bells makes for some variety though so it's cool. Sounds like the Beef n Beer was a success. Too bad about that darned money tree. Nice hit for your co-worker who won the 50/50. :) Any plans for this weekend?

Good morning loverlies!

First of all...GOOOOOOOOOO RACING CHEETAHS!!!!!

I only have a few seconds before I have to bolt out the door for work. I managed to get my very tired butt out of bed this morning and banged out KPC/L&G Kickbox Cardio and Kickbox/Strength and Abs premix (the 82 min one). It's been awhile since I did this one last and it kinda kicked my patooty }(.

Cathy - Wow, didn't you have a long day yesterday! I hope you're still sleeping right now. I gave up the Koolaid for guzzling 2L of soda a day...great substitution, huh? Oh, the grief I could have spared myself growing up as a fatty.

Wendy - Have fun today...you have quite the day planned! No, you definitely don't want to get caught in the john again...not fun lol!

Really gotta get moving here. I've got an early am hay delivery and lots to ride...joy :(. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, cheetah babes :)

It's Saturday. Life is good. :7 I even slept in (for me).

First of all, sending great race vibes to Wendy & Shelly. http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_run.gif Looking forward to the race report and maybe pics.

Wendy :: *lol* I was quoting Better Off Dead when I said, "Buck up, little camper." :7 I am only good with remembering lines from certain movies. We are taking my parents out for dinner tonight for my mom's 60th & Father's Day. Have fun tonight!

Wendi :: Good Lord, how are you doing all that before a full, extremely active day at work? Great workout!...Nah, it didn't really feel like a long day to me. Just the kind that zips by. :7 at your substitution. I used to drink a lot of Coke myself.

Today's supposed to be a "light" day on TT, so I'm not sure what I will do. I am beginning to feel some faint DOMS in the tri's. Yay! Have a few appointments & errands this morning, so it will likely be an afternoon workout, whatever it will be.

Hope yours is a terrific Saturday. :7

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning all!

Judy: Great getting in those afternoon workouts! I have been doing my best with the afternoons too! Hope the date night was nice. :)

Wendi: Wow, you are one fast Cheetah! You would leave me in your dust! :) Fabulous workout this morning.

Cathy: I usuallly never win anything either. Oh well. The advanced studies position is an hour one day a week after school for eight weeks. Basically, I will be teaching them a unit on the election. It would be fun to teach the higher kids for a change. My DH thinks I should go for it. What will be your workout today? Hope you are sleeping in! :)

Wendy: You are right, at least I am not just sitting on the couch. I am looking forward to your race report! Good luck! :)

BBL!

I just wanted to add that my DH had his most profitable day in the flyshop yesterday! YIPEE!! I am so proud of him! :)

I am thinking of signing up for a 15K on July 12. I ran 7 miles a few weeks ago. Oh wise Cheetahs, do you think it is too much too soon? Would love your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Hi Gloria! I did sleep in. Just a bit. (See above. You must have been composing as I hit send.) But it felt great! :) So will you have to do grades or is it mainly for enrichment?...Let's see...15K is, what, 9.3. Absolutely, that's do-able. Go for it! ETA: Forgot to say woo-hoo on DH's great sales day!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning cheetahs

Go Wendy and Shelly!! http://www.mazeguy.net/sports/running.gif[/img]

Cathy...I might have to check out the Showtime site. But I might just buy the Season 2 when I get a chance. I like having the DVD's. Let me know how you like the book. Yes, here it does get somewhat hotter about 3-4 PM so the cooler was on when I got home from work as DH was off yesterday. It really does not do much good if the temps get over about 105-110. Sounds like you had a nice afternoon yesterday. Good job getting in the TT workout and 20 min of intervals. Sorry you missed the money tree! I had some tri DOMS too after upping some weights in P90X S&A Wed. I still have a little now! Enjoy your light day today.

Gloria...Congrats to your DH. I agree with Cathy, the 15K is for sure doable for you.

Christine...how nice you can work from home. Saves on those 15 min drives...:D! Glad to see we agree on abs/core! Thanks for the lats down tip. It was mostly my hands though that got tired on the bar. I need some new weight lifting gloves. I also got some oblique DOMS on the 2nd day after. I have not tried in a long time but I was only ever to do about 3 unassisted pull-ups, definitely reverse grip...:)

Shelly...WOW!! Sounds like one cool place to stay. I am envious of that workout area!! I bet you will have a blast there...:)

Wendy...glad Joey had fun at the park. I think I will be helping DH in the veggie garden today! Have fun with your BFF later.

Wendi...way to go with the speedy 5 miles yesterday! Yep, the 100's are here. So after about 12 noon you stay indoors!!...actually as long as it is dry it is not bad. Good job with the KPC/L&G premix.

Jackie...WOW!! love the workout room!!! Love the shelfs and cabinets in there. Thanks for sharing those pics with us...:)..I definitely think the pull-up bar exercises in abs/core are the toughest. Hope you have a great weekend with DBF.

I am doing P90X+ Kenpo and maybe adding some more kickbox if I think this one is too short.

Have a great day...:)

Cathy: No grading!! I don't even have to record grades for summer school, but will of course check their papers. Summer school is for title one kids. I think I will sign up for the race this morning. Thank you! :) I am re-reading that poverty book I told you about and it has scenarios of families. It can be a vicious cycle for them. It is not so easy to say "just get a job, or go to college." I feel rather wealthy after reading some of this. Hope you day is fantastic!

Carole: I will be signing up for the race. :) It is my duty to support the local economy. LOL! Sounds like a good work out planned. I just ate my bagel so I will have to wait a bit to get mine in. Have a fabulous day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

HAVE FUN AND RUN FAST SHELLY AND WENDY!!!

Shelly – Oooh, I really want to see the pics of your apartment!! Sounds wonderful!! Glad you’re not too far from DH – will he come visit? :p Sounds like a really great place. You deserve it girl! I’m happy that you have a nice to place to stay while you’re away from DH!

Wendy – Enjoy the run! I’m cheering you on here! Sounds like you have a good day planned!! I’m not really following a formal plan. I don’t have a lot of time. I’ll just try to do the majority of my cardio on the bike for the next few weeks, and do the same as I would for a running race – interval/speed work, steady state and a long ride. It works for cycling, too. :p If I can do this Spinervals today, I’ll be pretty confident. It’s killer.

Gloria – I actually do pretty well working from home. I have two others in my office so whenever someone stops by to say hi to one person, all work stops. I get nothing done, it seems. I was able to bang out a lot with no interruptions yesterday! Oh New Mexico is gorgeous – especially Santa Fe and Taos (Albuquerque is, too, but it can a bit to get adjusted to the beauty of the lower desert). I miss living there, very much. Oh, I’m up at 6:30 on weekends. That IS sleeping in! :p Enjoy your day! Yay for your husband!!!

Thomasina – HAPPY BDAY to DD19!!! Have a great race on Sunday!

Judy – phew! I was getting a little worried! :p Good job for running the mile! :+ Good for you for having the discipline to get your workout in even in the afternoon! You’re much better than I am on that one!

Wendi – Wow! That’s some time Wendi!! Good job! Thanks so much for the donation!! You’re too sweet! Nothing wrong with being logical and precise. I tend to jump off the cliff and start swimming before I look, which is never good. I’m getting much better. :p Hope you are well rested and happy today!

Cathy – I only managed the TB+ and AC+, which when I thought about it was plenty as I’m doing such a long ride today. I am really feeling it in my back and shoulders and abs – feels fab! I have ended up mixing and matching the workouts, or doing them for 2 weeks, then switching. I’ve been consistent with TT for Amazing Abs because it’s only two workouts – I can easily add P90X+. It’s working well. I do want to add kbs too. So many workouts, so little time. :+ Enjoy your light day. Your long run is tomorrow?

Carole – for work, it’s only a 2 minute drive – but it would be about a 15 minute run! :p I wrap a towel around the bar and that helps. But it’s getting easier to grip the bar. The lats engaged really helped a lot. I didn’t get that “My arms are pulling out of their sockets” feeling. Kenpo + is short, but it’s fun. Enjoy it.

Wow! Last night the winds changed, and the smoke from the fire filled the skies around here. It was eerie watching the smoke cover the skies slowly. I took the dogs out this morning, and saw a layer of ash on the cars. I’m feeling DOMS in my shoulders, lats and arms, and even a little in my legs (which is odd as TB+ is not very leg intensive, but I did up my weights and concentrated more). I did get my bike back. Tire is fixed, for now, and he worked on the derailler. With the smoke in the air, it’s another indoor workout. I’m going to try to make it through Tough Love – 3 hours of pain. }( Then it’s back to the dog training class and then to get my nails done, and the grocery shopping done. Phew… I did get my hair colored and cut and I love it. :p It cost a small fortune, but it looks good. DD15 got highlights in her hair, too – it looks adorable. Have a great day all!

I'm back. No PR's for me. It was much hotter then anticipated and it took it's toll for sure. Here are my splits. It's obvious where I started to slow down due to the heat. :p

Mile 1: 9:32
Mile 2: 9:21
Mile 3: 9:40
Mile 4: 10:23
Mile 5: 10:24
+55 extra seconds to cross the finish for a 50:15 finish.
I started back from the start line ofcourse. I started my garmin on the gun and stopped it when I crossed the finish so my time and the official time are within a second of one another. I did well, all things considered and actually ran a 9:52 pace "unofficially". My official pace should fall around 10:03. I can be happy with that. :) I told Shelly that this gives me a nice reasonable finish to try and beat next year!:7 Most of the course was pretty flat but there was one large hill close to the end that was a killer. Might have been able to eek out an official sub 10 min mile if not for that sucker. Oh well!:7

It was fabulous to see Miss Shelly again. She has a smile that can brighten anyone's mood. We didn't hang around post-race too long though. She had to get back and actually, so did I. I have to leave by about 2:15 to head over to my BFF's house later. Not much time!!!

Okay, off to the showers with me.
BBIAB!:)

OMG I got sooo grossed out when I went to take a shower! I took off my shoes and my right sock was just SOAKED with blood in the toe area! It was pretty dry by then but EEEEEEEWWWW! My foot never hurt and when I looked I found what looked like perhaps a popped blister on my pinky toe as the only culprit. Wierd! I just soaked the sock with bleach and ran it through the wash and the stain hardly moved. I guess that pair of sox is history!x(

Hola Cheetahs!

This will be a quickie, but promise to come back. It was beautiful on our TNT run this AM. We sure have lucked out with our Sat. runs. :D Today, was a timed thing - 60 minutes. I pretty much ran by myself, but I stopped to use the restroom three times during my run! UGH! Back to that again. :( Anyway, I was at about a 10 min pace because I still didn't feel all that great, from whatever is/was trying to get me last week. I did wake with an itchy throat which made me think allergies?? Can allergies make you feel zapped though?? That's how I felt y-day.

Anyway, I plan on doing the upper body work from y-day that I missed. I'll try and get back after weights and shower.

Oh, Wendy....WAY TO GO!!! Glad you and Shelly met up again. :) ETA: Ewww, about the foot! Was is a new pair of shoes?

Nope, not a new pair at all. In fact, I just ordered a new pair on line last night so who knows what happened...bizarre but atleast it wasn't painful!:)

G'day ladies!

Yay, I got an early release today because it was just way too hot and buggy to ride any more. Thank goodness, too, because I had a pretty tough morning and the heat was definitely starting to take its toll. Between this morning's workout, unloading hay, moving the ginormous manure pile that is behind the barn into the dumpster and schooling a few horses I was toast come 2:00. I can't wait for these storms to come through and cool things down a bit.

Cathy - Congrats on the DOMS }(. So glad to hear that you were able to sleep in some this morning. We tend to be amongst the very, very early crowd around here most of the time, eh?

Gloria - Oh, I think you should definitely do that 15K! Congrats to DH for the great sales! So, what workout are you doing today?

Carole - Oooh, nice oblique DOMS }(...let's you know you got in there good! I have the same problem with my hands tiring before anything else does...but then again, I've only ever down pull ups hanging from a 2x6 in the hayloft fooling around lol. Enjoy your kickbox today!

Christine - I don't know about well-rested (I'm ready for bed right now, who needs dinner :p?) but I was certainly in a pretty darn good mood today...weird! WOW, that sounds so scary out there right now! Stay safe! Holy moly that's quite the schedule you've got lined up there for today!!! Enjoy your 3 hours of Tough Love :eek:!

Wendy - Awesome race girl!!! Sorry about the surprise wating in your shoe...yuck! Just glad it didn't bother you during the race. Those are great splits, especially if it was as hot and humid there as it is up here my me. Not good running conditions today :(. I hope you had a fab time at your BFF's!

Dallas - So glad to hear you had a great run this morning but sorry that you had to visit the restroom so often :(. Great pace, especially since it sounds like you weren't feeling 100%...wtg!

I guess I should get moving on a Father's Day email that I need to send...oh joy, oh rapture *rolls eyes*. I almost want to include in it that this will be the last time that I will initiate contact. If he wants to keep in touch with me he certainly knows where I live and how to contact me. Okay, that sounded a little harsher than intended but you guys get the picture. TTFN!

Gloria...way to go signing up for the race! Have a good day yourself...:)

Christine...I got some new gloves for lifting at Sports Authority today so I think that will help on the bar. If not I will try your towel technique which I actually thought about. You are right, KenpoX+ was short and fun. Sorry about the smoke and ash. Good idea to workout indoors. Sounds like a grueling workout though. Don't you love getting your hair highlighted!!

Wendy...way to go on the race!!! So jealous you got to see Shelly!! You are right as she does have the greatest smile...:D....eeeeewwww is right about the bloody sock. Yeah, I'd ditch that pair!!

Dallas...sorry about all the bathroom stops on your run...:(...YES, allergies can zap you. They zapped me yesterday too, even taking my meds!

Wendi...hhmmmm, I wonder if doing pull-ups on a 2x6 would be easier than the bar?! Sorry about the dread of the Father's Day email, I didn't know you two didn't get along, that is tough...I was blessed there, my Dad was awesome, just wish he was here now...:)

KenpoX+ was a blast!! I did use my weighted gloves and throughly enjoyed the workout. Did HSC abs after. We are going out to dinner for my sister's B-Day tonight. Yum, mexican food!

Hey ladies! (That reminded me of an old Beastie Boys song! Forgot which one though.) :)

Christine: I can see how that can be disruptive at work. Alot of times I am spending my prep time talking to other teachers and not getting anything done. I told you I can get off task pretty easily! How was the ride of torture?? }( Scary about ashes on the car! You are one busy mama today! Quick question: How long would it take me to bike 12.2 miles on mostly flat pavement? I need to get my car fixed and thought this might be an alternative for getting to school when it's being repaired.

Wendy: Great race in not so good conditions! Proud of you lady! The foot thing has happened to me a handful of times. Don't know why. I didn't feel the pain either. That must mean the Cheetahs are women of steel! LOL! :)

Dallas: Great run with an itchy throat! When I had allergies I lost my voice. This is the first year I had them so I am not much help. Sorry!

Wendi: I am happy that you are in good spirits:) Hope those storms do the trick for you! My dad and I don't talk much either.

My hip flexors are talking to me today from my outdoor run yesterday! I opted for just the yoga. I did my favorite Rodney Yee Power Yoga. All those up dogs and standing forward bends were what I really needed. This will be my rest day of the week. I signed up for the race! YAY!!! I'm going to have to take my car in for repairs. I was driving into town today and the temperature gauge was at Hot and a little on the red. I slowed down and it gradually came down a little bit. I did not have my cell phone with me so I just turned around and came home. It DID NOT overheat thankgoodness. I have been reading the owner's manual and doing research on the computer and it is something that needs to get looked into. I will be checking the coolant level here shortly. Maybe that is the culprit. This is to be expected. It is a 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon with 127,000 miles and I pay it off in January. I will keep this car until it dies because I am liking the idea of not having a car payment. I have blabbed a lot huh! Can you tell it's just been me and the dog today! LOL! :) I think we are going out to a bomb fire tonight so that should be fun! Talk to everyone later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.