:::: CHEETAH BABES :::: tuesday, 5.15

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, ladies :)

Didn't sleep so well last night - just tossed and turned, unable to breathe. Still tremendous sinus pressure and congestion, which even the prescription decongestant doesn't seem to be helping much. So, I'm not sure what my workout today will be, if I can get one in. I'd like to so as not to mess up the X this far into it but will have to play by ear & see how I'm feeling later on. I'm also going to prep my classroom today just in case I need to stay home tomorrow.

I was the last to post and don't have any personals to get caught up with, so I'll just wish you all a GREAT Tuesday!

~Cathy :)

Good morning ladies,

cathy-oh no, sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather. maybe a rest day is in order.

on tap for me today is a hard leg day at the gym this morning and possibly maybe go back later on this morning for a spin class taught by my favorite instructor...we'll see.

have a great day to all...

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:+

Cathy: Sorry you are still not up to snuff. I hope your sinuses clear up soon. I'd rather have a fever then be all clogged up like that! It's sooooo annoying!

Sunny: Enjoy spin if you take it. That's what's on my agenda for today. }(

I have spin and chin-ups waiting for me this morning. WOOH!}(

I am going to go catch up on personals from y'day....I'll be back with a nice loooong post! LOL

Gayle: Glad you had such an awesome weekend! So did you end up walking or running y'day?

Shelly: How is your shoulder feeling?

Jackie: So what's on tap for today's work out? You always put together such great work outs. You certainly keep it interesting!

Carole: Was the pizza you ate bad or just something your system is not accustomed to?? Hope you are feeling okay today!

Jess: Glad you had a fab weekend and OMG that is such AWESOME news about your brother!!!!!! Enjoy your time with him!!!!

Susan: I am glad the ceramic tile project was a success. I soooo want laminate flooring in my living room but my DH is fighting me on it. GRRRRRR!x(

Cathy: So you took the plunge and did LL right out of the gate y'day? You are one brave girl!}(

Hmmm...this post wasn't that long after all! I guess I don't "talk" enough! LOL :p

Good morning all! Had a better night.:) My shoulder is definitely better although still sore some so I'll be babying it for the next few days, but I'm pretty sure it's not an serious injury. I had a nice full rest day yesterday too!!

Cathy- LL is a very intense leg workout isn't it? Sorry your sinus congestion was so bad last night and I hope you won't be in to much of a fog today!!

SunnyD- Have a great spinning day.... are you going for your teaching certification in this soon?

Wendy- Great job with your running class last night! You've been a real chin up champ lately :eek:

Jackie- the iTrain tag team sounds great.... I'll have to check that one out.

Carole- Good job in getting in the 6 mile run yesterday! LOL about needing a "Rambo" where I work! I was wrestling with another delusional patient tonight, only this one weighed well over 300lbs :eek:
It's amazing any nurses survive to retirement!

Jess- How exciting that your brother is coming home!!! I'll bet you're going to be having some party for him!

Susan- Your note about mother's day was very beautiful and encouraging. I'm so glad to hear you are coping well!! I'll bet your new family room is stunning! I just love ceramic tile myself!
We had our current home custom built and I installed tile in the bathrooms, hallway,kitchen,dining room and countertops.... obviously I'm an out of control tile freak!

Today will be a 30 min tempo run and later when I wake up I'll give the CTX Power Circuit a whirl.
Hi to all who follow....

ShellyC

Hey ladies.

Cathy-Wish you were feeling better!!!!!!! Know you're not alone, though...I've got chest congestion today. YUCK!

Wendy-I ended up going out with my friend, who does not (and WILL NOT) run...but we got in a nice 30+ minute fast walk.

Shelly-enjoy your run. Glad the shoulder is better today.

For me today, the rotation called for MIC, which I hadn't done in a while. I subbed Cardio Fusion which I think was an awesome sub for that. BUT....I got to the BM2 power circuits and the chest congestion would have none of that nonsense. lol So I hopped on the TM for a HILLY 2 mile fast walk with weighted gloves. Needless to say, I was drenched, and I was happy with that!

I've got a spaghetti squash boiling now for snacking the next few days (although it will probably only last me 2 days tops, lol). We have nothing on the schedule tonight, so the kids asked if we could get the Slip n Slide out after school (the temps are to get to mid 80s). Headed to the grocery store this afternoon to stock up on yummy healthy food.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..wow! how are the legs today? LL is a killer workout. Thanks my stomach was a lot better in the afternoon, DH was still a bit green around the gills...:)...sorry about your sinuses causing insomnia...hate that. Maybe a day home will be good for you to rest.

Sunny...enjoy your tough leg day and spinning.

Wendy...is you DH better today? Mine drives me nuts when he is home sick...:)...I think it was something in the pizza. I asked for a Veggie and the jerk made a Chicken garlic, I should have checked before I left. Anyway I don't eat chicken so I had to pick it off but DH ate the chicken and he has not eaten chicken in a long time. Have fun with the chin-ups and spinning.

Shelly..over 300 lbs! Wow...I do wonder how some people get to that point. I am glad your shoulder is better today. Enjoy your tempo run and CTX power circuits.

Gayle...hope the chest congestion clears up soon. I think CF is a great sub for MIC...

I have nice DOMS in the right places from S&H. Today will be 40-60 min on the EXT and some squats and calf raises. I decided to work my legs like I did years ago. Doing quad and hamstring work one day and glute and calf work the next. Not sure how many days I week I will get it in though...:)

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

It looks like I might have more time to post later today so I can FINALLY catch up on personals.

Well, my vertigo, I think, is almost gone. Yesterday I still had a few spells, but today so far there has not been any. However, before yesterday I was still having them all the time. I've already had this 1 1/2 weeks and it is disrupting my training schedule for my 10K on July 4th. So far I haven't exercised at all since my HM on 4/28. It is so frustrating and on top of that I am trying to get rid of some kind of stomach/intestine bug from this weekend. DH is sick with the same thing.

Anyway, if today goes as planned I hope to run a 35 min tempo run. I've never ran one before, but I need to start working on speed. I finally figured out how I need to train, both for weight loss and for my 10K. Training smarter is my goal and I'm going to start logging my food intake after I go grocery shopping on Saturday. My weekly training schedule will consist of 2 total body strength workouts and 3 runs (1 tempo, 1 interval, & 1 long). My body loves to have 2 rest days a week so I will be factoring that into my weekly training.

My little boy is growing up. Yesterday I took DS to his elementary school to get him tested for kindergarten. I can't believe he will be starting school in August. He is so excited and talks about it all the time. I don't think I will be one of those crying mothers when I drop him off for kindergarten for the first time due to his readiness. However, I might be changing my mind when the time comes. LOL Tomorrow DH and I will be going to DS's graduation ceremony at daycare.

Well, enough about me. I should be able to make it back later for personals. I hope everyone has a great day and workout!

Good morning Cheetah Babes!! Hope everyone's day is off to a good start!

Carole - Looks like you had a good workout planned for yesterday. DSL was down again last night!x( Sorry the pizza interfered with your run. Glad the hamstring behaved. Are you still icing it? I played with my Garmin some yesterday. Can't wait to try it out Saturday.

Jess - You have such a gorgeous family! Has Greg slimmed down some? That's great news that your brother is coming home. Any celebrations planned?

Susan - Glad you had a nice Mother's Day just remembering your mom in a special way.

Cathy - Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. ((((HUGS)))) I see you did feel well enough to get a workout in. Good for you. Hope today is better.

Wendy - Great job on the repeats! Hope dh is feeling better.

Sunny - Enjoy your spin class.

Shelly - Glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better. Nothing can keep a good woman down! I guess it's a good thing you stay in good shape. I plan on giving your speed ladder a try in the morning. Hope I survive! Have a great workout!

Gayle - Hope congestion clears up. I love spaghetti squash. Do you add anything to it?

Kristi - Glad the vertigo is going away. I know that had to be frustrating for you. Hope you feel better. Not too much longer to train for that 10K.

I did Muscle Endurance and section 1 from Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest. I did two pull ups and meant to go back and do more but time got short.

Enjoy your Tuesday ladies!

Jackie

G'morning Cheetahs!! I'm so excited, I get to see my brother tonight!!!!!!!! He's flying in & we're going to drive over to meet him & my Mom for dinner!!! Have I said yet how excited I am???? I haven't seen him since October. I know he won't believe how much bigger the girls have gotten since then!

I ended up doing PlyoX twice y'day. I did it in the afternoon & then ended up doing it w/ Greg again after he got home. I don't find that workout to be that tough, but it does get the heart pumpin'! Greg's doing much better w/ it & he said he's been able to tell a huge difference when he's been running w/ the kids at soccer practice/ games from it. He finally had someone ask him if he'd lost weight at the wedding on Sat. So far no one's said anything to him! It's not that noticable, but he's lookin' even better!! ;-)

OK, gotta get a few things done. I did sooo much laundry y'day, it was ridiculous! Then I'll drop Allison off at school & come home to do Back & Biceps- my first time!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

HI Cheetahs!

I am back home again after another trip for our DDs'. We went to a Regatta for our younger daughter and then to our eldest's college graduation. It was a lovely trip!

For workouts I got in one 5 mile run. It was supposed to be 7 miles, but I had GI issues. I kept it to one run because health club in the hotel charged 15$ per day!

Today was ME upper body and supposedly golf. But we are having steady rain with lightning and thunder. This is giving me a chance to get caught up on laundry. :)

It may take a day or two for me to get some personal replies in, but I adore my Cheetah buddies and wish you all well!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good morning everyone!

Jess - that is so great that you get to see your brother! I would be excited, too! I agree with you about PlyoX not being that tough, but it is good and I enjoy it (but I never did it twice in one day! :7 ) Sounds like your DH is doing great on the rotation!

Kristi - Hope you vertigo clears up totally soon! That has got to be rough on you! Good luck with your run today!

Jackie - Good workout! I don't think I will ever be able to do unassisted pullups! I really liked Sculptfest a lot. It really utilized muscles rarely used! When she did the upper work while balanced on your knees on the ball...I cheated and scooted my ball up against the bed. :+

Carole - Enjoy your EXT workout! That is an interesting way to work your legs! That sounds good! Sorry about the tummy woes!

Gayle - Hope your congestion goes away soon! Good job on the speed walks!

Shelly - Hope your shoulder feels better soon! Enjoy your run and CTX circuit! I haven't done any CTX for a long time. I loved that series! Sooo many possibilities with it!

Wendy - Enjoy your spin and chinups!

Sunny - Enjoy your workout! I clicked on the link the other day and saw your picture in the paper that you posted! That was great!

Cathy - Sorry about you not sleeping and your sinuses! I'll bet that Squeeze Power Squeeze was TOUGH after LL!

I have been experimenting and changing everything up (including the time that I workout) trying to start feeling better.

So...for the past couple of days, I worked out in the evening instead of mornings.

Saturday was BM2, Sunday was Tracey's Step Sweatfest again and the floorwork from B&Gs. Last night was Gin's Simply INtervals and GS C&T. It has been a fun few days and I actually feel a little better.
Hi to everyone that follows and hope everyone has a good day!

Linda

Hey Babes!;)

Spin class was an arse kicker ofcourse and I just did my chin ups. Today I added wide grip pull ups to my repitoire. LOL They are totally assisted though. I tried one unassisted and well, let's just say it's NOT EVEN CLOSE to happening folks!:p

Reverse grip chin ups: set 1/4 set 2/3 set 3/1
Wide front pull ups: set 1/10 set 2/7 set 3/10

My rev grip chin ups probably aren't what you would call a TRUE unassisted chin up either to be honest but to me they are! LOL I stand on my high step with enough risers under it to start the chin up in a bent arm position. I also sometimes need a little "hop-start" and can't straighten my arms all the way before coming back up. I am getting better and better at them though and one day I WILL be able to do atleast ONE the way Tony does! It's a goal!!!!}(

Tomorrow is L&G Xtreme and I am very askeered!:eek: I have NEVER done this premix and will soon find out why I have cowered from it for so long!}( For those of you who have done it...tell me...will I be able to walk on Thursday??? :p

Shelly: Glad to hear your shoulder is on the mend. No more restraining unruley patients until you are all better missy!:p I am no chin up champ but I try! LOL I just LOVE the definition I have in my back from them so I just GOTTA keep doin' them!}(

Gayle: Have fun at the Slip and Slide. Is that a water park? Sounds cool!:+ We are taking Joey to the park later.

Carole: Yes, DH went to work today, THANK GOODNESS!;) So how does one confuse veggie and garlic chicken!?!? LOL Oy, I guess you really need to double check the next time you order pizza from that place!

Jackie: Great work out girl! What does section 1 of Sculpt Sweatfest include?? DH is better-yeay for me! LOL

Kristi: I have heard that most moms don't cry for their kids when they are dropping them off at school for the first time. Most moms cry for THEMSELVES! If you will miss him, you might cry! :+ I am glad to hear the vertigo is clearing up!

Judy: Glad to see you back here again!:) We adore you too but ofcourse understand that you are a busy mom!!! Post when you can.

Jess: Yeay for your DH and his X results! Have you both taken more photos yet? Wait until the end when you compare them! WOW! I didn't realize how my body had changed until I took the 60 day pics! PlyoX TWICE!?!? OMG girl, you are my hero!!!!!

Linda: Great work outs over the weekend!

Good morning ladies,
I just finished Imax 2 and Cardio and Weights abs. That ab workout is TOUGH! I so love imax2. It was a lot of fun.

My girls all start their swim lessons today and my oldest has a choral concert tonight. It is a busy day.

My friend Mary who has breast cancer meets with her chemo counselor today. She is really being strong and I am SO proud of her. She will have to go through chemo and radiation for 11 months. We are both optimistic about it. It really teaches me that you really do have to take one day at a time and really embrace each day.

I will back for personals today, I PROMISE!!! Take care friends!

Susan

Judy - Somehow or another, I missed your post! Good job on the run...but sorry 'bout the GI issues! Congrats on your eldest's graduation! Seems like only yesterday my youngest graduated college. :-( My...how time flies!

Susan - I hope all goes well with your friend that has cancer. It is good that you are both being optimistic! I am glad you had a good Mother's Day! You are sooo right about having to embrace each day and take it one day at a time.

Wendy - Good job on getting your w/o's done! I have never done L&G's Extreme, either. I should try it sometime! I usually just do it "as is":+

Linda

I’m back and finished with my tempo run. It went well. I definitely have lots of room for improvement.

Cathy – I’m sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Sinus problems are no fun at all. When I was pregnant with DD mine were horrendous and nothing I could take (which was very limited) would provide any relief. I hope your medicine starts working soon. Don’t feel bad about taking a rest day.

Shelly – I’m glad your shoulder is nothing serious. Take care of yourself. I hope your shoulder is back to normal soon. Watch out for occupational hazards. Enjoy your run!

Wendy – I can’t imagine having positional vertigo. (You did say that was the kind of vertigo you had, right?) I’m glad you haven’t had any episodes lately. It sounds really scary. At worst mine is more of a nuisance. I could have tolerated it better if it had not started to affect my balance. Way to go with the chin ups! Assisted or not. I’m a chin up wimp. One day I would love to be able to do one unassisted, but my upper body strength is not that great yet. I still can’t do a full body push up yet. Maybe one day. Keep up the great work! You will get there! If anyone can do it, I know you can. I guess you are right about the mothers crying more for themselves. Never thought about it that way. I can see how that would be a difficult adjustment for them especially if they are a SAHM. I don’t think I will be a crying mom when DS goes to school, but I think that is because I’m used to being separated from DS during the day while I work fulltime. Watch, I’ll probably be a blubbering idiot when I drop DS off for the first day of school. LOL

Gayle – Enjoy your spaghetti squash! Do you have any races planned?

Carole – Glad you’re feeling better. Enjoy your EXT workout. I have never thought about splitting up my leg work before. Hmmm some food for thought.

Jackie – Like always, your workouts are impressive. I hope to fit in ME this week sometime.

Judy – Wow, $15 per day to use the hotel gym. What is so special about this gym that they can charge those prices? I hope the weather clears for your golf outing.

Jess – Have a nice visit with your mom and brother.

Linda – I hope you start feeling better. Is changing the time of your workouts helping?

Susan - Your friend is in my prayers. I’m so glad to hear you all are being optimistic.

Hi SunnyD, Linda, Marcia, and all other Cheetahs!

Sorry no personals - I seem to be going backwards with this bug...developed a fever and the shakes at school and was sent home early. Decided to stay home tomorrow and possibly get back to the doc. So, obviously, no workout for me.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the GI problems. At least you got a run in. Isn't $15 just ridiculous?

Jess - I'm so excited for you and your brother coming home. Can't wait to hear details. Hmmm, doing PlyoX twice in one day! Don't know if I would want to do it twice.

Linda - I cheated with the upper body on the ball too. I balance one knee on the ball. I didn't want to fall and break a bone. Glad you feel a little better. Guess the change is helping.

Wendy - Great job on those chin ups! I see you doing them just like Tony too. Section 1 of Sculpt Fest consists mostly of lower body floor work, core and shoulder and back work on the floor. Section 2 uses the stability ball and bosu.

Susan - I'm glad your friend is still being optimistic and you're there as her support system.

Kristi - Glad you felt well doing your tempo run.

Cathy - You poor baby! Feel better.

DSL is behaving tonight! Yippee!! Have a good night!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.