Cheetah Babes Sunday May 20

So I am up waaay too early for a Sunday! The arthritis is my neck has flared up and I can't find a comfortable position in bed. x(

Today's work out rides on what my neck "allows" me to do but the plan as of now is to do Cardio Sculpt and hopefully either a run or a Cathe cardio.

Time to catch up on personals from yesterday!

Gayle: I am glad you got your DS' room finished so quickly. That's awesome! Good job with BC y'day! Definately is progress when you find a work out you haven't done in a while to be easier then it used to be! I love when that happens!

Cathy: I bagged the May rotation because I was changing it up sooooo much that I felt like I wasn't even FOLLOWING a rotation at all so I decided to just create my own instead. :) I hope you had fun visiting with your drop-by guest yesterday. That is one thing that would irritate me and my OCD about work outs. I would probably have ignored the doorbell if I were working out when it rang if no one was expected at my house! I don't even like it when the phone rings!!! :p

Shelly: A run by the name of SKULL Valley??? I wouldn't have done it either! YIKES! :eek: :p ;) How was your dinner party? How many guests did you have? Was it for a special occassion or "just for fun"? :)

Carole: I actually like C&W but as it turns out I scrapped the ENTIRE work out instead of just the cardio portion and I never ran either! LOL I am glad that you enjoyed APX y'day. I have been toying with giving Amy Bento and/or Tracey Staehle a try for quite some time. I have avoided the urge thus far....
Yes, SS is Slim Series by Beach Body.:) They are light weight/high rep work outs. BORING but supposedly very effective if you stick with them. The newer set I got (Express) is not nearly as boring as the originals though. I think it's because they are shorter. Remember how you giggled at Karen V. before and after implants in her vids? Well when I popped in an Express work out for the first time, one of the first things I noticed is that the instructor must've gotten implants cause she was blackboard flat in the prior series and now she's quite shapely. ;) She looks great. Very natural.

Jackie: Good job on the 10 mile run. I might do a 5 mile race with a friend in mid June. I haven't raced since last summer! I haven't even run more then 3-4 miles in MONTHS! :eek: I miss it but I am kind of afraid to add too much cardio back into my routine after having such fantastic results w/less of it during the X.

Susan: WOW, DM cardio AND the LB premix!? YOU GO GIRL! How did you survive it? }( I have created a new rotation for myself and although I do not have it in there, I am thinking of sneaking B&G's LB Blast Premix into it somewhere. I haven't been using that one since I finished the X and I miss it!:(

Jess: Congratulate your hubby on an EXCELLENT job with the X! You are both kickin' arse! How exciting for you!!!!:+

Sunny: I have my fingers, toes and even my eyes :p crossed for you that you passed the exam but I'm sure you don't need my help. I know you aced it anyway!:)

Christine: I am glad Jimmy enjoyed the hike. How long did he sleep for? ;) Thankfully I am not getting sick. I was just really tired that day. A good long night's sleep and I was cured!:) I created a new rotation for myself for the next month. I want to follow one which is why I bagged May's. I was changing it almost every day! Hopefully I can stick to this one. :p

Good morning ladies,

in a few mins. i am off to run outside with my running buddy/client for 5 miles today. then it's off to church and after that it's off to the park with my family!

never got around to yoga yesterday. was having so much fun playing dodge ball...ahhh the good ol' days, lol.

wendy- so what you you think of xflowsion? thanks for the crossing of the fingers. i have a feeling i am going to need it. would you recommend the new SS series?

cathy- so did you and your visitor have a nice time last night?

i will check back in later with you ladies!

Morning, cheetahs, and happy Sunday! :)

Wendy :: damn, girl! You were up early on a Sunday! Hate when that happens. Sorry to hear about your neck. Did you take some ibuprofen? I'm not really crazy about drop-bys ANY TIME, to tell you the truth. But my front door was open and I was working out right there in the living room, so hiding wasn't possible. :) *lol*

I am aiming for Back & Bi, abs, and some type of cardio today. So the only thing I'll have missed from this week's X rotation is yoga. Not too bad all things considered. Hard to believe next week is my FINAL recovery week. Wow!

Have a great day, everyone! It was supposed to be raining all weekend, but I see it's already bright and sunny out there. Beautiful!

~Cathy :)

Sunny :: oops, your post snuck past me. Glad I'm not the only one having trouble fitting in yoga this week. Enjoy today's 5 miler!...Oh, it wasn't a hang out type of thing - it was just my neighbor and we wound up talking on the porch for some time.

Hey Cheetahs :)

It is a challenge to post ( for me) But I am finishing a cuppajava here and will *try*

Susan~ I apologize for not seeing the post about the passing of your Mom. My sincere sympathies go to you. I did loose my own Mom in my twenties to cancer. ((( Hugs and prayers )))

Elaine~ It was nice to read your post. The podiatrist hopefully will guide you through a recovery and no surgery! I used a semi recumbent bike and the PS series (for cardio) to get over PF in 1999. I was strict and it worked! I hope you have the same results.

Wendy~ The abs of C&W are my favorite part, but the weights only going heavier are not bad for variety. Good luck with the new rotation!

Cathy~ Enjoy your work free Sunday!

We are having Mother's Day today. Grandma will come for dinner. And we got her a very large pot for the front porch filled with annuals. We also got two large filled for outside our garage/ driveway. (This is the first thing seen when arriving here) DH and I bought many flowers to plant, and some tomatoes, basil and parsley for an upside down garden that my dad bought me. Perhaps I can get the kids to help later.....

Fist I have a 4 mile run on tap. This is a recovery week. I'm a little afraid of the next 4 weeks. The long runs are 8 and 9 miles and I have only done "almost 8" a few times!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

morning,

susan- I am sorry about your mother. My heart goes out to you.

sounds like you all are busy with your workouts and trying new things. I think I will do wts today. I have only been getting the two days of wts in with bootcamp class and I need to another day so I think I will today instead of another run.

I finished painting another room lastnight. Man I wont want to paint another room after I am done here.Thanks everyone for good wishes about my brother buying the house. I hope he can to it will be alot easier on us plus I have alot of good memories here and will miss my home and neighborhood. I will have to drive for my runs now instead of stepping right out my front door. That is a major bummer but I figure I will drive to the park and run myold neighborhood still. anyway, nice talking to you all, I will keep you posted on the house!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...sorry about the neck. Sometimes the kinks get out as the day goes by. I will be honest, I liked Amy a lot better than Tracey. I have some of the earlier Slim Series and they are just way easy. Isn't it Debbie that got the implants. I think I read that on the Ya Ya site at one time...:)

Sunny...have a nice run with your client. I bet the kids love the park!

Cathy...I got an 8 lb body bar a few years back with a FIRM workout. Might have been easier than the 18! I am not always fond of drop in visitors. We have and 80 yr old neighbor that does that sometimes...and you are right.."What can ya do" Yes the Amy Bento APX does use a step. My glutes and shoulders are a tad sore but not bad, just felt like I worked them out good. Have a good Back & Bi workout. You have done a great job with the X.

Judy...I have always loved those flower pots/bowls. They make things look so nice. Enjoy Mother's day and have a good 4 mile run.

Laura...we will most likely be painting too in a few weeks. Doing a bit of home improvement.

Christine...Jimmy's first hiked sounded quite fun for all of you. Doesn't it amaze you the energy puppies have! It is a nice break when they crash...:)..Your nails sound pretty. I used to a bit more nail art than I do now. Probably due to the age of my clients..:)

I am heading out for a trail/road run, hoping for about 10 miles. My back was a bit sore yesterday but feels fine this morning.

Have a great day...:)

HI

Christine~ I am glad to read Jimmy is better and even went for a big hike :7 A friend had to put her dog down on Tuesday and My SIL had to put her 15 yo Shitzu down last week. My SIL did get a 1 pound Shtitzu puppy the next day. :)

Laura And Gayle ~ you ladies are quite the painters! I need to do a bit of touch up painting my self, but first the gardening.....

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hi everybody. I really only have time for a quickie post. DS's second all-star game is at noon so we've got to start getting ready.

I'm taking a DOR today, as my rotation calls. I was going to do power yoga this AM, but the nice warm bed was MUCH more inviting than the cold basement! LOL

See you all later. Have an awesome Sunday!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs! I had a nice little dinner party last night.
It was a combined B-day party for my mom and DH. My prime rib roast came out well!:7 It looked as good as what they serve in a restaurant anyway. I even liked it and I very rarely eat red meat.
Well, it was a real treat for my Mom and that was the idea anyway.
It was also a send off party for my DH. I'm taking him to Phoenix airport very early tomorrow. He'll be gone for a month. I'll join him there in June when I was coming out anyway. My FIL is having open heart surgery (a valve replacement) this week. DH is going out there really more for my MIL. She is a helpless basket case I'm afraid! Anyway, it'll be a long lonely time for me here :( But I've got my cheetah friends anyway!

So today will be getting DH ready and packed. On the way back from the airport tomorrow I'll be stopping at one of my favorite running trails to meet up with one of my young nurses who I've enabled into running. It'll be about 5.5 miles or so.... poor thing.... she's terrified I'm going to kill her! I can't imagine what could have given her that idea!;-)

Today will be HSTA, Coremax1 and an hour on the EXT later :7
I'll be back for personals

ShellyC

Wendy- Sorry you're neck is troubling you today :( I hope it won't interfere with a run or whatever you decide one. I saw you mention a possible 5 mile run in June? I hope it's the Sheehan Classic on the 16th you're considering!!! I'll be at that one:7 :7 You can always walk/ run it ya know! It would be so awesome to race with you:7 :7 :7 :7 I've already signed up for this one... it's a done deal and I'll definitely be there!
You'll be able to spot me easily. I wear a bright red baseball cap with the Suzuki S symbol on it (my motorcycle!) DH bought it for me to race with so he can spot me easier.

SunnyD- Going for a 5 miler today? Gettin into 10k territory there girl!!! Good job:7

Cathy- Have a terrific X day! I hope you got all the work done yesterday that you needed to do. My twin sister is a teacher and she was at my dinner party last night. This is the last week of school out here in the wild west so she's pretty darn busy now!
She had quite an episode at her school last week. They were having their annual carnival and had an inflatable slide thingy for the kids to play on. Anyway, a rogue "dust devil" wind, as they call it here, popped up and headed right for the slide and picked it up, kids and all... and it went clean over the fence, kids and all!!!!
A few went to the hospital but fortunately, the worst injury was a broken arm.

Judy- gettin your mileage back up I see!!! I know you'll be fine with those 8-9 milers, just keep the pace easy.... but you know that!
;-)

Laura- Have a great "weight" day! I know exactly what you're going through with the painting. We custom built this one and I did all the indoor painting myself... 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint, all walls and the ceilings. For quite a while I wanted to throw up at the site of a paint brush!

Carole- I'm glad you liked Amy's APX workout! In fact, I think I may opt for her hi-lo premix today instead of HSTA :) she is definitely my next favorite instructor (Cathe being the favorite of course!) Good luck on your 10 mile trail run today!!!

Gayle- Good luck to your DS today with the Allstar game! Great way to be spending a rest day!!!

Christine- I enjoyed hearing your description of Jimmy's first hike yesterday! Did you finally actually manage to really tire him out!!
I didn't think that was possible. Have fun with your "have mercy"
spinning workout!

Time to get moving all!

ShellyC

Judy :: enjoy your 4-miler, gardening, and the day with Grandma!

Carole :: hope you have a great 10 miles…yeah, 8 lbs. would be just about right, but I don’t think I feel like buying *another* piece of equipment that I’ll only really use for one workout…Thanks ~ Tony’s made a believer out of me, but I must admit, I’m ready for a break from it!

Gayle :: good luck to DS! It’s looking like great weather for a game.

Shelly :: sounds like a lovely evening last night…wow, a month is a long time…I hope all goes well with FIL’s surgery…*lol* about your friend – she’s right – she should be afraid, very afraid!!!! :)…OMG, I can’t believe the carnival incident – glad no one’s seriously hurt!…Yes, end-of-the-year does get to be a busy time for teachers. I should know soon whether or not I’m going to be moved…If I am, it means a good deal more work than usual. So, fingers are crossed…Yes, I did get done all my work y'day...It’s a glorious feeling to have a whole day stretched ahead of me with absolutely NO AGENDA!! :)

I have been mostly lounging around this morning, fiddling with my next rotation while the TV (and all kinds of cheesy movies) play in the background…Wanted to get some feedback from the wise cheetahs, if I may. My goal is fat loss/leaning out. I want to use BBC weights but give myself lots of flexibility on the cardio. Some of the planned rest days coincide with other events going on in my life, so they are pretty much fixed. So, am I on the right track? Any suggestions/feedback are welcome!!

**WEEK ONE**
Mon ::: BBC Arms & Abs + cardio (run or DM Timsaver cardio blast – 39 min.)
Tues ::: B&G Leg Blast – 48 min.
Wed ::: rest
Thurs ::: BBC Chest & Abs + cardio (run or KM low-impact timesaver – 48 min.)
Fri ::: BBC S&B + cardio (run or BBC non-TM cardio)
Sat ::: Yoga (TBD) + Squeeze Lower Body Premix – 45 min.
Sun ::: BBC Full Body + cardio (run or 10-10-10 – 45 min.)

**WEEK TWO**
Mon ::: KM Cardio Leg Sculpt – 52 min.
Tues ::: BC – 58 min.
Wed ::: rest
Thurs ::: Run + Squeeze Lower Body Premix – 45 min.
Fri ::: ME U/B Split – 44 min. + abs (TBD)
Sat ::: Run + yoga (TBD)
Sun ::: *tentative* Run + abs (TBD) *OR* rest day

**WEEK THREE**
Mon ::: BBC Arms & Abs + cardio (run or CTX k’box – 32 min.)
Tues ::: rest
Wed ::: BBC Chest & Abs + cardio (run or KPC cardio cond. premix – 37 min.)
Thurs ::: BBC S&B + cardio (run or BBC non-TM cardio)
Fri ::: yoga (TBD)
Sat ::: BBC Full Body + cardio (run or DM timesaver cardio blast – 39 min.)
Sun ::: L&G Extreme Standing Only – 67 min.

**WEEK FOUR**
Mon ::: rest
Tues ::: Run + abs (TBD)
Wed ::: Squeeze Total Body
Thurs ::: Run + KM leg cond. drills + abs (TBD)
Fri ::: Squeeze Total Body
Sat ::: yoga (TBD)
Sun ::: 5K

Edited to add in some yoga in weeks 3 & 4.

Hey Girls.

No time for personals just yet but I wanted to check in with my work out since it's actually been done for a couple of hours now! I got an early start this morning! :)

I did Cardio Sculpt Express at 7am. At about 9 I headed out for the gym and did the new Itread I had purchased. Set 10/30 mins. When I went to my car to go to the gym I was tempted to change it to an outdoor run cause it was nice out but I really wanted to try this new work out. Glad I did! Great one! She mixes it up nicely between flat runs, hills and sprints. }(

I am going to have some quiet alone time tonight as DH has some where to go right about the time Joey is heading for bed. I am going to *TRY* to fit in some yoga at that time. Wish me luck.;)

When DS wakes up from his nap today we are headed to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time. We will have an early dinner there and see how Joey takes to the games, etc. He may be a bit too young yet but it's so close that it doesn't hurt to try! If nothing else, DH and I will probably have fun playing!:p :+ :7

Okay, off to spend some time with the hubby....BBL!:)

Good morning ladies,
Just a quick check-in before church. I am going to do BM2 double upper body and the first step part that is 29 minutes. My knee is feeling better. I probably will wait another week before I do any running. DM cardio leg blaster was fun yesterday. To me that is such a doable fun workout.

We are taking Grandma to Sizzler today and grocery shopping. She could spend 2 hours in a grocery store(LOL)! Hopefully later I will be back for personals. If not, have a great Sunday.

Susan

I'm baaack! Aren't y'all just jumpin' up and down with excitement that can't be contained now!? :7 :p :7

Sunny: I hope the park was fun! I originally wanted to go to the park but it rained here y'day and DH was concerned that everything would be wet/muddy so we switched gears and are going to Chuck E. Cheese instead. The only Xflowsion work out I have done so far is the Amazing Abs work out and I must say that I really liked it! As far as recommending the new SS series, I would not recommend it by itself. I only purchased it because I already have the original SS series so it's a nice compliment to it. This new series does not have enough work outs to warrant it's purchase alone IMO.

Judy: No worries about your new long runs to come. I am sure you will knock 'em out with no problems! So did the kids help with the gardening? :)

Carole: Yes, Debbie is the implant girl!;) For me, although the cardio factor in the SS series is "NIL", the weight work is deceiving. If I use the correct weight load I get an awesome burn in the body part I am working! They are certainly more of an intermediate work out over all though. If I can make it through the rotation then I will FINALLY know if these work outs are effective and were worth their purchase. I am going to weigh and measure tmrw and weigh/measure/take pics at the end of the rotation. I want to see in "black and white" what it has or has not done for me. :)

Shelly: I am sending prayers your FIL's way!!! Your DH sounds like a wonderful man to fly across the country to be with his mom right now. To me it sounds like the obvious thing to do but not all parents/children are close enough so some just wouldn't do that. Wishing a safe flight for your DH and hugs and good wishes to all! I do believe it IS the Sheehan Classic I am considering! I forgot that it is one of the races you are doing! Now I am DEFINATELY going to try to do it!!!! Thanks for reminding me! Isn't Cathy doing that one too?? :+

Cathy: Your rotation looks good but it really all depends on what works for you! You have to find the right balance of weights and cardio to burn that fat off while maintaining or increasing your muscle mass! Good luck with it!:) I miss the BBC work outs. I think I am going to revive the butt and leg one over the next few weeks as my "leg day" in my new rotation was left wide open to have fun with! The Lower Body Blast Premix from B&G is also on my radar as well!}(

Susan: Glad your knee is feeling better. Hope you have a nice day with grandma!:)How did you like BM2 double u/b? It's a killer work out IMO! }(

Good afternoon Cheetah Babes!

Shelly - Does sound like it's time for new shoes. I like getting new shoes. Glad your dinner party went well.

Jess - Hope Kiersten feels better. Congrats to Greg on his great progress!!

Carole - I love the Garmin. I need to get a few more things figured out on it and I'll be good to go. I ran a walking track that I don't normally run on. It's supposed to be 1/2 mile around. The Garmin showed 1/2 mile difference after I'd gone around 20 times. I thought it might have something to do with me running in circles. I'll check it against where I normally run Saturday.

Sunny - Keeping my fingers crossed for you on that exam. Enjoy your run today.

Wendy - Hope the neck feels better. I say you should do the race but understand your feelings about losing all you've worked so hard to accomplish. You could try adding cardio a little at a time and see how it goes. Then drop back if needed.

Judy - Enjoy your Mother's Day today. Good luck with your runs!

Cathy - Your rotation looks good!

Susan - Enjoy your time with Grandma.

Rest day for me. Sorry to breeze through posts but I have got to head home from DBF. Will talk to you all later.

Jackie

Wendy :: Have fun at Chuck. E’s…hope Joey likes it! I remember I used to take my little cousin there and he was PETRIFIED of those mechanical characters when they came to life…I am happy that I’ve gotten stronger with the X and lost some inches, but I have been thinking that what I really need is to go back in the direction of what used to work well for me – running about 30 miles/week and strength training 3x a week. I do think that, to lose weight, I am one of those who needs cardio most days of the week. So I’m thinking the BBC approach of 30/30 might be good for me. But yes, you are right - it'll be an experiment…Butts & Legs is the one BBC workout that I don’t care for too much, so I’m going stick with Cathe on legs.

Jackie :: thanks for the feedback on the rotation…enjoy your rest day! I like getting new shoes, too. I am waiting for the new Gel Nimbus IX’s!!

Well, I just finished Ba & Bi, Power Squeeze abs, buns, & thighs, and CTX KB. Good one! Short and sweat! ;)

Hi Susan and Laura and anyone else dropping by today. I’m off to get a shower and enjoy some fresh air as another Sunday slips away.

-Cathy :)

Good Evening Cheetahs.

I just finished about 40 mins of the main Xflowsion work out which is about 80 mins when done in full. I ff'd some parts of it cause there's a lot of dancing and martial arts stuff between the yoga poses that I wasn't looking to do tonight. It's certainly not your "traditional" yoga work out but I can see where it could be alot of fun if you did it as produced and accepted it for what it was. I will not be doing this work out as my regular weekly practice but it should be a nice change now and again. I could even see it being put in a rotation once a week as a lighter work out but not as one's yoga session for the week. I have yoga on tap again this week and I will do one of my other work outs. I just had to see what this one was all about. :)

Tomorrow is leg day & my running class. I have left my leg day open so as far as which work out I will do so I can decide tomorrow which "torture tape" I will endure! I haven't done the beloved B&G lower body blast in a while so I'm headin' in that direction I think!}(

The wheels are forever turning in this head of mine when it comes to rotations. Do you think I could get comparable results to the X by doing the GS Series each 1 time per week and doing 3 days of cardio in between?? I would ofcourse add chin-ups to the agenda just to make it more interesting!}( I want to do a heavy lifting rotation for the month prior to my vacation this summer. I was going to repeat a month of the X but I'd rather do something different I think and save the X for when I decide to do another full rotation a little further down the road...Any thoughts?? :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.