:::: CHEETAH BABES :::: 5.10

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', ladies :)

I barely pried myself out of bed this morning (went to bed later than usual), but I am going to do the 30 min. Squeeze workout before work - just can't resist!! Later, I'm meeting a friend to run together (she's trying to get back into running), and if I have time, I'll do some yoga after.

I just ordered BC & ME - I own it, but I'd bought mine off of eBay and have had some problems with it freezing on me. When I went to go do the abs the other day, it wouldn't even load AT ALL. (Booooo!) Anyway, lesson learned ~ no more DVDs through eBay. I also ordered CTX while I was at it.

OK, I'll be back for some quick personals. Enjoy your day, everyone!
Cathy :)

That was easy - there *is* only one personal to catch up with...

Jackie :: Yeah, I have basically forced myself out of my funk b/c it's a situation at work that's out of my control. The short version: I am still unhappy about some unofficial news I learned in my end-of-the-year eval about my position for next year. Basically, it looks as though as I am going to make my 4th move in 6 years, and it's stressful & exhausting, and I don't look forward to it. As much as I *LOVE* to teach, sometimes I feel like the profession is beating me down in some ways...I am with you on appreciating w/outs with little or no equipment...I have tried to add extra cardio in while doing the X and it's just not usually possible for me. I need to go to Cheetah Boot Camp!!! :)

OK, off to work out!

~Cathy :)

Since I'll save some time not blowing out my hair, I thought I'd pop back in with some comments on Squeeze. (Don't read if you don't want to be Squeeze-enabled!) :) I did the 26-minute Power Squeeze premix, which is considered a full body workout. It starts off with a really *brief* warmup of some high kicks...some of the exercises (not necessarily in order) include: pushups on the knees (which you fierce cheetahs will not find tough - I'm going to go to my toes next time) and dips...a stretch of the hams (using a chair)...the pretzel move (bar method or Fluidity peeps will recognize these) to dig into that saddlebag area of the leg, standing squats with the ball between your legs, ab work - also with the ball between your thighs - this was TOUGH - and a killer inner thigh series where you lie on your back, feet up against the wall, and you're squeezing the ball between your legs. No workout has ever burned up my inner thighs like this! It's got me wondering how intense the full workout is. This went by really quickly...I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of the DVD. The Power Squeeze makes a great, short add-on.

Have a great day!
~Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!:)

Cathy: Sorry about your bad ebay dvd. :-( It's ashame that happens. I've sold stuff on ebay including a couple of Cathe things and I am always honest about what I am selling. The fact that idiots try to rip people off makes me mad cause that means I could have a harder time selling now. ACK! Thanks for the review on Squeeze but you will not enable me. :p ..... YET!;) I already have yet MORE work outs in my radar!:eek: Yes, that's right. I JUST got a new set and ALREADY have something else in mind! I am on a kick right now I guess. Thank god for my silly lil' p/t job I have!}(

So today is B&G over all legs premix. I'm afraid. I've never done this one! How does it compare to the Leg Blast premix...aside from being a longer work out?? I also have yoga on tap for tonight.

I was not supposed to work today but I got called to cover so off I go. I was on the schedule for 2 days this week and will end up working 4!

I'll be back ladies!:)

G'morning Cheetah Babes!! How are we all doing on this Thursday??

I did end up taking a quick 6 mile bike ride y'day afternoon. I LOVE my bike, wow what a difference on the hills!!! The gears are sooo easy to change, and it just has a smooth ride. I felt spoiled!! Greg & I washed the van & enjoyed the beautiful afternoon.

I have some errands to run today & shopping to do!! I have some gift cards from my bday burning a hole in my pocket! We have a wedding to attend on Sat, I'd like to find a cute summer dress or skirt & top to wear to it! Plus I need to get a gift card for them. (I like doing GC for wedding gifts!)

I will do Core Syn as soon as the girls go to school. I didn't care for this one as much as I thought. I really didn't find it that difficult. I have to say that I'm really not enjoying this recovery week, it just makes me feel lazy!! I'm ready to hit the weights/ pullups/ pushups again!!

Cathy ~ You enabler!! I've been hearing some talk about Squeeze, glad you like it! With the ball, it sounds similar to the Winsor Pilates dynamic sculpting ball, which really does help target the inner thighs! Sorry things aren't going your way re: work. Sounds like you have some decisions to make! CTX is one of Cathe's that I don't have, but would like to get eventually!

Wendy ~ Have fun working! You are the workout buying queen!! I'm sticking w/ the X for now, then we'll see about what to do when I'm done.

Susan ~ I'm really late in saying how cute your pics were that you posted!! The girls are growing up- what a cute idea for a party!! I also thought of you the other day, the girls & I picked up Avanti's after getting my bike. They got pizza bread & were asking about your girls remembering when we'd eaten at Avanti's w/ you at Christmas time.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good job with C&B and BM2 abs yesterday. Enjoy your squeeze workout and have fun running with your friend! How cool...You know my ME/BC DVD used to freeze sometimes in my old DVD player, works fine in the new player...?

Wendy...I don;t think I have done that B&G premix so I can't help...:(

Jess...sound like you are enjoying the new bike! Have fun using the gift cards...:)

Jackie..I have the Garmin 305, love it. The 205 and 305 have some good improvements on not loosing the satellite in trail running which I do alot of. These watches are great and you can download all the info right to your PC. You can also update the watch when updates become available. Any questions I have had can be answered right thru their Forum and everyone seems helpful. There are so many features in the watch I am sure I don't utilize all of them!

Shelly...I do know the feeling about wanting to run every day! But you are being smart....Glad you enjoyed GWW. It is a tough one...I was a bit wiped out for A&A after my run and GWW. Unfortunately I just don't like Barry...so it can be a real tough workout for me...glad you liked the Tracey workout, I'll be trying out her kickbox this weekend.

Christine...glad you have DOMS right where you want to...:)...Good job with the spinerval workout, and 1 hour and 20 min is a long time for cardio!.

Judy...which workout were you asking about?...BBC or GWW? Good job with the 3 mile run yesterday.

Susan...Happy belated Anniversary, I hope the both of you had a very nice evening. KV's GWW floor for the legs is a tough one but fun.

Today is BBC L&B standing with some of my own exercises added, abs and at least 40 min on the EXT...

Have a great day...:)

Hello ladies,

today is a rest day for me. i am going to bake a cake and take it my son's school for teacher's appreciation. they are also having a mother's day tea this afternoon.

i am so excited i picked up our weekly paper today and we (me and my client) made the front cover!!! i am trying to scan the pic but my printer keeps saying device is busy...????x( once i do i will post:)

cathy- thanks for the review of squeeze. now i really can't wait for mine!!

wendy- what other workouts are on your radar? enable me-puleaze.

carole- another great workout today.

jess- enjoy your day:)

ttyl....

Sunny...is there a website for your paper?....That is so cool you got a picture in there with your client!!

Good morning Cheetah Babes!!

Cathy - Sounds like a nice workout planned for today. Enjoy the Squeeze and run with your friend. I'm a little leery of buying Cathe workouts from eBay too. I have bought a few with no problems. (Knock on wood) Don't want to take that chance anymore. Sorry work is stressing you. ((((HUGS)))) I think teachers are so underpaid and underappreciated. I salute you and all teachers. Isn't this teachers week too? Do hope everything works out for the best. Thanks for the review of Squeeze you enabler you. I'm trying to stay strong here.

Wendy - More workouts???? What are you getting? Yes, thank goodness for the PT job. I've decided to use my travel reimbursement toward workouts. That way it won't be so bad. Don't think I have done that B&G premix yet. Enjoy!

Jess - Glad you enjoyed the ride on that new bike. Enjoy shopping today! Take that recovery week girl! You will appreciate it.

Carole - Thanks for the info on the 305. I hadn't thought about checking out the forums. I looked at Wal-Mart's website last night. They had one for about $262 with a $50 rebate. I think that's a pretty good price. My boss told me Tuesday he had one. He's a biker, runner and swimmer. Said he loves it. I'm thinking here. Hmmmmm!! Glad you survived that monster workout yesterday. I see you have another nice mish mosh for today. Thanks to you, I'm enjoying the mish moshes more and more.

Sunny - Enjoy your rest day! How exciting to be on the front page of your paper! Congratulations! Would love to see the pic!

I did 16 pull ups, Power Hour and Winsor Pilates 20 minute workout. Boy, Cathe goes for overkill with the biceps in PH. I can still feel my arms quivering.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Jackie

Good morning!

Cathy - Glad you liked Squeeze! I have a mix for the lower body that is a real burner! I will send it to you and Sunny (anyone else, too...if they want it!). When I was doing the inner thigh exercise that you were talking about yesterday....I thought I was going to scream! It actually worked a different area of my inner thighs than what I am used to feeling!

Wendy - Enjoy your B&G's overall legs! I haven't done this premix, either. I am anxious to hear what you think of it!

Jess - I am glad you had an enjoyable afternoon and that you'r liking your bike! It sounds great! I like the DOMS that I get along my core and the length of my inner arms (does that make sense?) from CS. But....I don't really enjoy doing it! It sounds like you are really liking P90X! THat is great :)

Carole - Enjoy BBC L&B and your EXT! Hope you like Tracey's kickbox! I like it real well...except for the one combo that I have trouble with :+

Sunny - That is great about you being on the front page! Hope you can get it scanned and post it! Enjoy your rest day! That is sweet of you to bake your son's teacher a cake! I love your new avatar!

This morning I did a Gin Miller strength (Simply Strength) and ....don't laugh at me....but I ran 4 miles :+ I guess as long as I feel the urge to run....I will run...and when my body says "no"...I won't ;-)

Hi to everyone!

Linda

Jackie...that is a great price from Walmart. I think I paid $275 for my 305.

Linda...now that is funny about you running...:)...I think not running when you don't want to is a good thing to do...:)..I'll let you know how Tracey's kickbox goes after I try it Sat.

Jackie - That is a greata workout! I agree about the biceps on PH! I love that workout!

Carole - LOL....I know...maybe I have just been hormonal :+

Sunny and Cathy - I pm'd you!

Linda

Linda - You running is funny. LOL!! Maybe it's a mind thing. Just because you have it on your rotation, you dread it. But, when you just run to be running, it's more fun. Good job on the 4 miles!

Carole - Still thinking here. But, I'd better hurry because I don't know how long that $50 rebate will last.

Jackie

Good morning fabulous cheetahbabes:7 :7 It's a beautiful day and I'm going for a run:7 :7 Not sure how well I'll do though.... the old legs are feeling it from yesterday. I did all of Tracy S's
cardiosweatfest, KB and HiLo after having done the DM ultracardioblast earlier.... hoo boy!

Cathy- A run today for you!!! How nice that you are helping your friend out. One of my young nurses I've enabled into running wants to get together with me for a run.... but she's afraid I'm going to kill her! Whatever gave her that impression???}( Thanks for the review of Squeeze.... I don't mind being enabled at all and this one sounds really interesting.... it's definitely on my consideration list.

SunnyD- I do hope you can post a pic!!! How exciting... you're a celebrity:eek: Per Carole's suggestion, see if your paper has a web site.... most do, and give us the link. The hilo section of CardioSF is a tad tricky but it was definitely FUN!

Wendy- Okay, just what new workouts do you have on your radar? Enquiring minds want to know.... and be enabled ;-) The B&G overall legs premix isn't any harder then the leg blast, IMO-- gives a nice rounded workout!

Jess- Sounds like you have a great bike there! I'm amazed at the bikers around here who routinely tackle the monster hills we have.
Biking is HUGE here, on the weekends they are everywhere! I agree that overall CoreSyn isn't that challenging, but there are a couple of moves that really do one in!

Carole- I didn't realize you got the Tracy S CSF workout!! I think you'll really like it! Nice simple powerful KB moves and it really gets the heartrate up! I like Tracy's style alot too. The hilo
is definitely not one who is at all choreographically impaired though!

Jackie- I haven't done PH for a while... it is a gem! Personally I think the real bicep killer workout is in ME though. That Garmin deal sounds great! I have that on my wish list... I have an older simpler model of Garmin and I'm definite ready to upgrade... I just have to wait til my budget is ready too ;-)

Linda- Wow... I admire your fortitude in abstaining from running!
.... sorry about that I couldn't resist the tease!!! ;-)
Yes, it makes a difference when you run because you WANT to , not because you feel you have to!! fortunately for me, it's pretty rare that I don't want to,and the few times I have to "force" myself, once I'm out there I'm happy to be running. You keep on doing what's right for you!!!

Time to get moving lovely cheetahs! Today will be a 4 mile run to the mailboxes and back:7 Then will be ME's upper body, and then another new workout:7 :7 I also got Amy Bento's KB extreme yesterday so I'll be trying it out. I was intrigued by this one because it includes a heavy bag workout which I enjoy using and I also like Amy's style alot.

Later

ShellyC

Good morning ladies,
I am officially starting my clean eating today. I know I always say that, but I need to drop a few lbs that I have gained the past month and I have got to stop eating out so much. I have very little discipline when I am out. Okay, I have very little discipline at home too;-)

I did the DM cardio and leg blaster last night. I really really like that workout. The time flies and the heartrate definitley stays elevated the whole time. I then did an hour of pilates. Today, I will run 3 miles and do BBC shoulders and back. I like that one alot. I ordered the bootcamp dvd by the firm and received it yesterday. I have heard a lot of good reviews about it, so I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.

I am off to work in Ally's classroom and then some serious laundry to do. I am going to also send some flowers to my dad so he can take them to the cemetary for my mom for mothers day. I think that Sunday will be hard for me. I am going to be strong though and be so proud that I have 3 wonderful daughters.

I will be back for personals later. Have a great day friends!

Susan

Hi !

I had a round pf golf scheduled for today, but we are having thunder storms. So I sent out some mother's day cards and did some snack shopping for DD. We will be meeting her in Boston for her graduation and she wanted some zone bars to take back with her. They are so expensive in Manhattan. Now I need to do some cardio. (Since I am not walking the golf course) PUB was my UB work early this morning ( up only premix)

Carole- I am curious about both of those workouts. I pretty much only have Cathe's workouts except for a few yoga DVD's.

Cathy- I never heard of the Squeeze workouts. Tell us more.

For whomever asked, I am still working on my Chi technique, however I am not trying to keep a 90 step mer minute pace. It was sacrificing my form too much.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

hey ladies,

dh scanned the paper. on my computer it shows the pic, however when i uploaded it to picture trail it has everything except my pic.can anyone help??? is there any other way to post the pic then by using picturetrail? i am so excited to show you. i've been carrying it around all day, lol.

wendy- i forgot to mention earlier. i prefer the overall premix to the leg blast. i had DOMS for days after doing that one.

carole- i tried to google it but came up with nothing. if you get a chance. it's the winston salem, nc chronicle newspaper. (not the journal). let me know if you find something. thanks

linda- thanks for compliment re: the avatar. off to check my pm's:)

shelly- i am not a big fan of hi/lo but when i do, do it i like it athletic style. glad you enjoyed. it's a small newspaper but i feel like a celebrity. i did give the interviewer my phone # hoping she would add that in the paper but she didn't....oh well can't have everything,lol

ETA: linda i just checked and thank you, thank you, thank you!! i am dying to get my dvd today!

BBL...

jackie- i've also been toying with the idea of getting a garmin. just not sure that i run enough to persuade dh, lol. let me know your decision....

Hi Cheetahs.

I'm not having a good day. I have this wierd pain in my back/shoulder area on my left side. It is almost in the same area as where it would hurt if my arthritis were flaring up but it doesn't feel like the same pain to me. It's been hurting since about 7:30 this morning. I took 2 ibuprofen when I got home from work about an hour ago and it's still not gone. :-( I only have lower body on tap for today but I don't know if I'll even be able to swing that right now because it just hurts to move. I think I am going to lay down for a bit before I attempt a work out. I guess I'll have to play today's work out by ear...:-(

As for the work outs I am eyeing...I have the P90 Master Series in my "shopping cart". I was originally going to only order 2 of the work outs that initially intrigued me but when I look at the price for 2 compared to the entire set it seems silly not to order them all...if I order anything. I can't decide. ACK! LOL I am also debating the CC mp3 pkg that is on sale. I love ITread so much though! For the $ I will spend on 6 CC work outs (even with the sale), I could buy tons more Itreads! DECISIONS!!!!:p :7

Okay, I'll be back later with personals...I'm going to lay down and if I fall asleep maybe what I should buy will come to me in my dreams!!!;):7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.