Check-In Saturday 9-30

luvtorun

Cathlete
Happy last day of September!!!

I got up at 4:45 this morning and tried to log on to the hospital to see if the computers were back up and YAY!!! I was able to get in. I can work from home today and not have to go in!! It doesn't kill me to go in but I'm so much more productive working in the environment I'm use to, HOME!!

Today is RS and 15 minutes of Ab Hits.

Have a great day! I plan to!

Daily Check-in

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway and thankfully the weekend. I am posting this early on a Saturday morning because I cannot sleep. My so-called recovery week turned out to be anything but restful. I endured an extremely stressful week at work, and I hit another rough patch in my journey. This week made me realize how much I depend on Cathe’s workouts to deal with stress. Yesterday afternoon at work, thoughts of binge eating or drinking ran through my mind, and I have not binged or touched alcohol in years. I was feeling stressed out and anxious inside like I would fly apart. My name is Heather. I am an intensity junkie. I enjoy Kari’s dancy workouts and a few of Christi’s hi-lo workouts and the TLTs, but nothing compares to Cathe’s intensity. This week was a powerful reminder that intense cardio does more for me than burn fat. It energizes me, makes me feel good, serves as a natural anti-depressant and stress reliever, keeps the blues at bay, and helps me sleep like a baby at night.

I have been getting to bed after midnight and waking up feeling tired and lethargic. I have not touched my Bible study all week. My mind has been too foggy to focus on reading anything. I did some backsliding this week in several areas, but my eating remained clean through it all. I can praise God for that. Not that it matters because I feel fat and bloated. This sounds strange, but I start gaining fat around my waist when stress hits no matter what I eat. I will face the music in the morning, step on the scale, and see how much damage I did. I really should have decreased my portion sizes to compensate for the lighter workouts, but I ate what I usually do out of habit.

I bounced on my rebounder Wednesday night. I felt drugged and lethargic when I woke up Thursday morning. I am not sure why because I did not eat any sugar or any other junk the day before that would cause that reaction. I can only attribute it to stress and lack of sleep. I did not feel like working out at all, so I thought about doing Angles, Lines, and Curves for the first time. When I looked at my VHS collection, I saw Kari’s Great Moves 101 that I acquired from a Ya Ya a few months ago. I perked up and tried it for the first time. It is a fun and dancy workout with great choreography. This one is a keeper for sure, and it gave me a little burst of energy. It was not a Cathe high, but it lifted me out of a funk. I did the hi-lo half of Push yesterday morning.

I am not sure what my morning workout will be, but I need to do something. I am hoping to do something fun today, and I am looking forward to returning to my beloved Cathe workouts next week! I also need to get back on track with my Bible study. It is no coincidence that I start struggling emotionally when I start coasting spiritually. My time in the Word is even more vital to my success than clean eating and working out.

Jane, I love Rhythmic Step!

I hope all the GTG girls have fun today!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning all,

I think we have some real insomniacs around here. I thought I would be the first one on the scene this morning, but I guess not!

I am trying to figure out what rotation I want to do this month, I just don't really dig Cathe's new one, but I may tweak it a bit to my liking..

Today is going to be Donna's Hi/lo to the max, a really nice moving hilo workout with intervals and a good core section.

Have a great day, lots of Saturday running around stuff to do later.

Good morning all. I truely expected to be the first one here today, but was pleasantly surprised to see so many up and at em. I'm just slipping on my Rykas to do Powerstrike Mill II. Then it's time to go primp for the GTG. I hope you all have as much fun planned today as I do!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

BodyMax for me today!

Robin: Have a great time at the GTG!

Megadoo: Great workout...IM is HARD!

Conni: I hope you get all your errands accomplished and still have time for fun!

Heather: I'm a cardio junkie too. I hope things turn around for you...(((HUGS)))

Jane: I'm glad you got to work from home. RS is one of my favs....a real calorie burner for me!

Susan: Your running distances are very impressive...keep up the good work!

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Hello ladies,

I am going to do my favorite IMAX today, IMAX 3!!!! I love that workout. I will then do the lower body portion of Bootcamp.

Jane, How nice you can work at home, especially on a Saturday. Enjoy RS!

Robin, I am so envious that you get to meet some Catheites. Have a great time and enjoy Powerstrike:)

Megadoo, I really like Imax one. I have not done it in a while.

Conni, sounds like an awesome workout. I wish there were more HI-LO workouts out there.

Heather, I am right there with you when it comes to HAVING to have the high intensity workouts. I love doing a really tough weight workout before bed, it really helps me sleep. Don't worry you will get back to Cathe and your bible study. I have so much faith in you. Take Care:)

Tammy, thanks! I love the running. It took me a while to really enjoy the longer distances. I am lucky that my husband does it with me. Enjoy Body Max and just think in a couple of weeks or so we will have a NEW Body Max, YIPEE!!!!!!

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!

Susan

Hi all,

I did half of Hardcore Kickbox Circuit today, just couldn't get into it like I had hoped. At least I did something, on a Sat.

Have a great day!!:7

I did RS after work today and even though I was tired, I had lots of energy after getting into the workout. I love it when that happens! I finished up with 18 minutes of Ab Hits and guess what? I did the reverse planks from CTX Kickbox, first time I was able to do these without modification and holding them the whole time! YAY!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.