####Challengers Thursday May 8th ###

Hello Challengers!

Sorry I wasn't able to check back in yesterday. DD and I rested all day. I'm going to try to exercise this morning BM2 bootcamp premix. I have to read yesterday's posts again. I can't remember everything. Oh, Congrats Amelia! Way to go girl! :) I'll post later today.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning girls!:)

Today is suppose to be a rest day for me but im considering taking a 45 min walk around the neiborhood after i drop off DD for school,but that would kinda screw up my workout schedule for the week! Not sure if i will or not!

My DH has a job interview today,a company called him back yesterday. Its good news--first shift BUT,the company is about 25miles from our house and it pays less:-( he is still thinking about it,he will ask in the interview how there raises are? The company he is working at now is about 3miles from our house and hes paid a decent starting rate??? We don't really know what to do?

Im starting to think that i can adjust to this schedule if it means more money....i hope im not confusing you girls,i have a habit of doing that to people:+

ok,bbl

Hi girls!!

I've been a bit down in the dumps these last coupla days. My eastings been real bad and I feel fat, frumpy and pathetic!! My other ha;lf growls at me, "You do all that work(working out) then you eat lollies and ruin it" He does have a very valid point, but its really not what I want to hear! LOL

So, today, I've recharged, (eaten very poorly) but I've worked out very hard. And I'm feeling better!

We are funny creatures (women) we obsess about our weight, tight clothes, working out etc.. etc... And then we (well me ;-) ) whinge and moan when I see no results and I know why, I don't eat properly! Its the same old same old. I'm on a bloody merry go round and now I really really want to get off!!}( }(

And do you know, I'm a shorty, I only really need to lose 3/4 kilos, thats all, its not a lot (it would make a big difference to my frame), but do you think I can sacrifice FOOD FOR A COULPA WEEKS!!!!!??? No way hosay. :9
I'm sooo glad to see success stories here though, Elaine has loser jeans high 5's and Amelia's going forward in leaps and bounds. Beccas run the race on the weekend. AWESOME:) :) :)

GO GIRLS!!

It may sound like I'm sooking (i was) but i'm not now! Over it!! Got my happy face back on, and I'm taking myself off to bed.

Glad to vent to you all, and sorry to vent to you all, but I am sure you guys would understand.

Andrea

Amelia, Yep, I confused.

What is first shift (is that a day shift) What does your husband do?

More money is always a BONUS!!

Andrea

Hey Andrea,what you just said is SO true! its funny how we think of ourselves...obsessing over everything(well,aleast i do) My sister spent the night with me last night and noticed that i was obsessing over everything i put in my mom:eek: and she was quick to tell me too,LOL. it really opened my eye on how much time i actually waste on thinking about it!

How much weight is 3/4 kilos? Im sorry you've been down in the dumps about it,i know how that feels! Hugs to you!

Im a shorty too,my problem is that since ive lost so much weight(over 85lbs)that i have an issue with some loose skin and my body is playing catch up,or getting use to my new mold! It coming together though,it may take awhile but im seeing results!

ok,my coffee has kicked in,LOL i will bbl before i start mummbling:+

Andrea-First shift is an early morning shift,usually around 6/7am to 3/4pm...right now hes working 3pm-11pm and i hate it! The job he's working now is the first job hes ever had that started at this pay rate,so that makes it hard to leave it:-(

My DH works for a tool company,he runs a very complicated machine there. So i guess he would be considered a machinist??

Amelia 3 kilos would be about 6 and half pounds. So its really not a super dooper amount.

Andrea

Amelia, I suppose your hubby would drop pay when on the day shift allowance. Its a tough call. I work shift work and I love it! But it suits my lifestyle, however if my hubby worked afternoon shift, I would hate it! I'm not doing as much shift work now, as I've gone part time, I have a portfolio ( domestic violence) which I developing, so its day shifts and no more weekends! Yay! But lots of meetings with FOOD!! And most of the time its nice food!:9 :*

Its Been great chatting with you tonight!

Andrea

Good Morning,

I'm going to jump in on your conversation. Tonite is HSC for me. Eating has been pretty good had a salad last nite from wendys then went to the store and bought stuff to make my own salad tonite. DH will be home all next week so eating will be my challenge again. He doesn't need to lose weight, he does need to eat healtheir though.

Andrea-sorry to hear about your bad day just remember tomarrow is a new day and you just start over. It's hard when you have a family to always eat right. DH's just don't understand.

Amelia-my youngest DD told me once that sometimes you have to take a pay cut to make things better, but with the price of gas I don't know if it would make things better. We are kinda of in a no win situation right now. Congrats on your wt lose. How tall are you? Iam 5' and wt 126lbs. to much.

Have a good day everyone.

Hey Roxie-Im 5'3,and weigh around 183 ive still got a good 20lbs that i want to lose but im not sure whats going on with the scale? its not moving but yet the inches/bf% is! And that JUST started happening...i haven't lost any inches in over three months? Its all so weird,I guess the fat is getting replaced with muscle which is fine by me;-) Have fun with HSC tonight and congrats on the good eating! I LOVE the salads at wendys,the side salads are great and cheap I usually use my own salad dressing though. I know what you mean about having a hard time eating good when DH is home,my weekends are SO HARD. Why do we have this problem around our DH? My DH can eat basicly anything he wants(even though it wouldn't hurt for him to drop some lbs). He keeps saying" I will lose some weight,some day" :+

Amelia, for what it's worth, I think your body just has to stop and acclimate itself to its new weight every now and then. It took me over 4 years to get from 190 to 150-something and I'm good and stuck now! I'm kinda like Andrea - I just need to think about the food a bit more, but I don't want to be so obsessive - I was certainly there for awhile and I HATED it.

Today's WO was outside again - I walked and ran the same route as yesterday (half & half). Felt pretty good. I seem to be developing the scratchy throat that DS has...funny I had it a few weeks ago when DD had the same thing...oh well, life as mom. Not like I can miss any work right now or anything.

Roxie, I can totally relate to eating "worse" when adding the family into the mix. I've started having my DS go thru the Cooking Light mags and the WW cookbooks w/ me and choosing things he'd like to try. It helps. DH isn't a huge problem TG - he eats whatever I put on the table.

OK, I suppose I'd better get moving here. I'm going to need to get back to work if I'm going to have a prayer of finishing what I need to today. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day!

HI Challengers,

Andrea: Put a big smile on your face:)
Tomorrow is another day.

Ameila: That is a tough choice with your DH and his job. When DH and I are trying to make a tough decision we take a piece of paper and write down to colums, one Pros one cons. I guess seeing it in writing helps us.

Roxie: You and I are the same height. I now weigh 126 lbs. I was stuck at 128lbs for a while. 126 is still to much for me too.

Okay todays workout was CC#1 with my rebounder and high step. I'm having a hard time keeping my heart rate in the right zone during the steady state portion. My heart rate is to low. i wish i had a cardio machine.

Hi to AndreaH,Jean, Shirl, Becca and Kathy.

Elaine

Sorry I was mia yesterday. I did workout to Hardcore Extreme. Only could handle about 1/2 hour. Today was PUB

Amelia, good luck to your Dh regarding the job issues. My DH did shift work for years. The afternoon shift was the hardest. Our DD grew up saying this to him almost every morning before leaving for school “ Bye Daddy, I’ll see you tomorrow”. She would be in bed by the time he got home and he was in bed when she would leave the next morning. She would only see him on his days off which were in the middle of the week. Congrats on the FB%.

Andrea, my dh said something similar to me the other day. He said something like you do workout enough, it’s the way we eat that causes the problems. Hope you get out of your funk and try to stay away from the lollies. And I’m right there with you on being on the short side and knowing that it just takes a little drop in weight to make a difference, but I’ve been stuck with my 10 extra pounds since I don’t know when.

Roxie, nice job on the salads. Try to keep it up when DH gets back. I’ve been trying to fix my DH things he likes, but I don’t like, that way I can eat my lean cuisine or salad and not feel bad that I’m trying to change his food.

AndreaH, nice job on getting back at it today. Glad you were able to take it outside. I’m hoping the winds here will have died down tomorrow so I can go outside. I don’t like to fight the wind or cold if I don’t have to.

Shirl, a rest day with DD sounds nice.

Elaine, nice work out with CC. I recently bought the CC Press play, but I don’t have any of the other ones

Hi to Becca, Shirl, Lorie and Kath. Hope all is well with you.

Anyone have special Mother’s day plans?

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.