Challengers Thursday 01/29

idream

Cathlete
The heat wave is worsening!! 44.3 today!! Oh my goodness! My goal was to try to get in extra cardio, but theres no way I'll do extra cardio in this heat! I've taken the children to the local pool, so unless splashing around, carrying kids from one of the pool to the other is considered extra cardio?
No sleep for the past two nights either. I've just managed to complete the charlean workout and thats been it.

Sorry to moan, I am really trying hard not to get bad tempered in the heat.
I hope everyone else is having a great day

Morning gals

Im doing a fullbody weight lift workout today...I asked Debbie a question yesterday and that was her first question to me"is the circuits the only weight lifting you doing".....:eek:. So its back to weight lifting today...

Im doing PH today.

Andrea-Im sending you some of GA's 30degree weather( and 30degree's is warm compared to what there getting up north:confused:) yep,i would say running after kids counts as cardio:D

Hey to everybody...gotta scoot,bbl

oh,i almost forgot:mad: the scale is having a mean since of humor these days...it said that i was 10lbs light this morning. I didn't believe it so i asked my poor DH(who was asleep,lol) to get on it....he was 10lbs light too:mad::mad::mad: think it time for new batteries:mad:

Good Morning,

Managed to o yoga last nite and I probably shouldn't have. I couldn't sleep last nite knee was uncomfortable. The Dr. drained the wrong side of my knee the first time so he had to do it again, and this time it wouldn't drain its like apple jelly wouldn't suck up, so he let me punch him in the arm for causing me more pain and he isn't going to charge me for it.

Andrea-I am trying to feel bad for you but we have been so cold I would take heat. Today is suppose to reach 40.

Amelia-I saw your post to FF she is so helpful have fun with the wts. My scale said I weighed 120lbs which is down 3lbs but like you I don't believe it because all I have done this week is yoga and pilates. Tonite I want to do some kind of ab work but oldest DD and her DH are coming over.

Everyone have a good day a thank you for your well wishes on the knee.

Andrea: Yes!! running after two little ones is cardio!! especially if swimming is involved.

Amelia: LOL!! at you waking your DH up to weigh him. My DH would give me a look(and not a good one)!:D

Okay, yesterday I did CF premix mix & match(my version) . (BM2 WU,LIC bonus cardio,DM cardio 1,2,4,6, BM2 step combo completed one time thru and BMS abs and 20 hanging knees.

This morning is 1RM test for bis and tris and shoveling the ice and snow we got yesterday.

Dh got stuck in the driveway for about 45min. I had to help him get out. Our new neighbor yells do you need help DH says NO. I think WHAT!!:eek::eek::confused: He never likes to accept help. Mind you the clock is ticking and DS needs to get ready for the bus. In the end DH ended up accepting the neighbors help. :rolleyes:Men!

Still waiting for my STS. It should be here tomorrow. I am sure the Storm delayed delivery.

Becca, Jean and AndreaH: did any of you receive your STS?

Hi Roxie: how did the knee draining go? glad to hear your foot is feeling better. try to give it time to heal completely or you will be back to square one.

BBL,

Good morning all. Not feeling great today - woke up w/ a sore throat and feel like I'm in a tunnel. Also feeling grouchy w/ that hot & cold @ the same time. I think I got DD's yuk :mad: Anyway, no WO.

Roxie, sorry about the knee fiasco yesterday. Did the Dr. manage to get it drained even though it was jelly-ish? Your WL might be real - sometimes taking a break from the tuff stuff will kick a plateau loose.

Andrea, 44C is WAY too hot. Phoenix (Arizona) is like that in the summer. In Albuquerque (New Mexico), the hottest I can remember is 41C and I didn't like it! I'd take 0C over 44C any day!

Amelia, I need to do more weights too. I've been thinking about PUB/PLB and GS lately, but haven't done anything about it. Sux about the scale - wouldn't you just love if the 10# gone was real? I sure would :p

Elaine, I didn't order STS. I have enough trouble getting in a mix of cardio & weights w/o throwing something like that into the mix. Personally, I'm holding out for the ipod workouts so I can use the equipment @ the gym. I may be waiting awhile, though :(

Hi Becca, Jean, and anyone I've missed.

I really need to get to work here. I'm sure there's SOMETHING that needs to be done. Have a great day everyone!

Hey guys...quick post then I will bbl

Finished PH...im shaking too. I missed doing weights. I burned 391 cals...not sure if im going to eat any of those. bbl

Hello all!

Checking in with a rest day today. We have a nasty cold bug running through this house and it landed on me. Only DD is healthy right now, me DH and the boys are all sick. :(

Elaine, I finally got my shipping notice. STS will be here Monday. I can't wait! It sounds awesome from what I have heard so far.

Andrea, lugging the kids around the pool in that heat is definitely cardio! Keep cool!

Amelia, I hope the heavy lifting helps you out. I can understand your frustration! WTG with PH! That's a tough one!

Roxie, sorry to hear you had some difficulty with the knee drainage. Hopefully it will start feeling better, though.

AndreaH, this cold/flu season has been rough! Sorry to hear that you and DD have it, too! Get better quick!

Hello to Miss Dreamy Jean!

Have a fantastic evening, all!

late night post, but I did get a work out in. 30 min. on the TM. Oh well at least it's something. Eating has been good all week.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.