Challengers....TGIF....

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started,todays workot will be a 30min walk/jog interval and then UB-BFL style!

Yay,its Friday! Tommorrow is my WI/cheat day can't wait!

I wonder why my ticker isn't working? Anybody else having that problem?

ETA-Lori,just read over on the commit thread that your down 2pds,good going! I knew that scale didn't have a chance in hell with you;-)

Good morning Girls !!

It's Friday and a start to a new month.:) :)

Today is a 8mile run. Working back to PUB and also using some machines at the gym.

I'm going to be heading out soon. They cancelled school here --we are suppose to be hit with lots of snow/ice mid-morning. So I can hit the gym a little earlier than normal and get my run in before things get nasty outside.

Have a great Friday everyone.

BBL

Good Morning Girls!

Already started laundry today! Im happy to be off of work but why so much laundry all the time??? LOL

Todays workout Im not sure about. Im thinking I would like to do BM2 but also thinking about a nice long run. Im going out with the girls tonight so I see a few drinks in my futurex( Im looking forward to going out but I don't want to ruin tomorrow and part of me would just like to stay home and relax...but I do that ALL the time!

Ameila** Have fun with your workout! Can't wait to hear if you have lost more weight!!!

Kath** Sounds like you know what you are doing today. I was thinking about 9 miles but we will see what Im in the mood for when the time comes! Its a beautiful day here today, although schools were closed the day before b/c it was slippery! They close the schools for everything these days! I remember growing up, we would drive to school in a snowstorm only to get there and find out school was closed! LOL

BBL!

Lori

:)

Lori-laundry is a never ending thing, isn’t it? You know it’s bad when the KIDS start separating things for me….think they’re trying to tell me something? Oh, and you look AWESOME, girl, in your new pics!!! WTG!

Kath-enjoy your workout! Schools are closed here also!

Amelia-what are you looking forward to for free day tomorrow??? Just curious! Enjoy your workout!!!

I thought I’d share this, in case anybody’s interested: I snagged a new recipe for Protein Pudding off the BFL boards last night and LOVE it! It’s simple, and uses no milk, which is a great way to save on calories. Here it is:
Protein Pudding
1 ¾ C – 2C water
small package of f/f s/f instant pudding (chocolate)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder.
Whisk together until well combined and thick. It makes 2 servings.
It’s a little runny with 1 ¾ C of water, but yummy. Almost drinkable, so I would think 2 cups would be a shake in itself! LOL However, the person that posted it suggested using 1 ¾ C water and putting the 2 servings in the freezer and eat it as a frozen treat.

We’re in the midst of an ice storm, so schools are closed for the day. We’re ALL excited about that! I was able to sleep in just a tad this AM and relax during my workout (yeah….how do you relax while squatting over 105#???? LOL) The ice is supposed to turn to rain later this morning, so I think we’ll spend the day with my sisters and my nieces. Most likely, they’ll want to do lunch out at our fave pizza joint, so I’ll get my usual turkey and cheese tossed salad with no dressing. I’m having everybody here for dinner tonight, and the menu includes Pot Roast, steamed carrots and onions, baked potatoes. Sound YUMMO? LOL

OK….this morning’s workout was AWESOME! I did my planned lower body weight BFL work. Then tacked on the firewalkers and all the floor and ball work from B&G! I feel GREAT!

What are your plans for this weekend, ladies?
My weekend looks like this:
Saturday: first, workout of Cardio Kicks or LIC cardio.
Sunday: my annual Super Bowl Sunday 10K race. My goal time is 52:00, which is about 2:30 off last year’s time. This is a really REALLY hilly course, so I’m going to have to work for that time, but we LOVE challenges, right? Then later that day the boys and I are spending the rest of the day at BF’s house for his Bday party and Super Bowl Party.

OK…time to make the kids breakfast. BBL

Gayle

Hi, everyone!
No jury duty; it was cancelled:D
So, I am going to do LIC right now!!!:7
I'm so glad I don't have to waste a day in court! And, I have a day off from work! What a great way to start off the month!!! Everyone have a great weekend, Nancy J.~~~

Lorie, thanks for the heads up about the thread already being started. I looked and looked and never even saw the word Challengers. Just one of those mornings. I relabled the double thread to hopefully let it die.

Wow, can you believe we are starting February? I know I've been MIA alot lately, but I'm not giving up. I'm not doing as well as most of you, but I'm hanging in there. Hope everyone keeps up the great workouts and continues to eat well. I've had a lot going on and my sweet cravings have been crazy. I'm going to try to buckle down and get myself back into a good workout and eating schedule. I've been trying to avoid upper body workouts to see if a lingering upper arm injury would improve. Not working out is not helping, so I guess I need to ease back into working out and see what happens. Maybe building up some of the muscle will actually help. The pain is in a small area between the bicep and the tricep. So maybe strengthening those will help whatever it is in there that is not happy. I'm trying to avoid having to go to physical therapy, but may end up having to go any way.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jean

Happy Friday to Everyone,

Got on the scale this am and Iam down 1lb. Tonites workout timesaver #5 legs and glutes.

Brkfst-boiled egg and grapefruit
AM snack-yogurt, and orange
Lunch-hh lasagne and a salad
Pm snack-cheese, apple, peas, and tomatoes
Supper-don't know yet

Be back later to check in off to work.

Hi, Everybody-

I posted this in the open forum, but would love my fellow challengers' advice, too!

I'm having one of those days where I can't make up my own mind, so I thought I could get some of you to make it up for me!

I'm currently 8 lbs. into a 20 lb. weight loss goal that I started on New Year's. I follow Cathe's rotations quite a lot, so I do mix up my workouts frequently. However, I'm worried that if I follow this months rotation, I might stall out on losing lbs. becuase I won't burn as many calories doing S&H and GS during the workout. I know heavy lifting burns calories after, too, but I can't "see" them!

If I weren't trying lose lbs. I would do the rotation in a heart beat. I'm just afraid to stall my progress. What do you guys think?

I've just finished her Jan. rotation.

Thanks!

Kelly S.

Hi girls,

Its night shift for me this weekend each shift being 12 loooong so very very long hours. Todays workout was just PUB as its a part of my weight training vs cardio and weight loss experiment.

Kelly: I've only been doing the weights for a week thus far and I can't say if theres any huge change. I have cut back on the cardio, and I am trying to keep the cardio down to 2 -3 times per week and then only do 20 - 40 mins of it. I'm doing a rotation of PLB, PUB with cardio. Then I plan to change it up a bit and go with the gym styles. Stick to the same minimal cardio. So that will see me out to the end of this challenge. I am hoping to see some results as so far I havn't seen any changes and I've been challenging since Dec 29.

Does anyone have a recipe for Banana Bread? would you be able to post it? that would be great.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Andrea

Hey girls,just posting my workout today!

did,bfl style UB and increased my wieght with everything! Then I did a 20min powerwalk incline/speed interval on the treadmill,was going to job but my knee was hurting:-(

Kelly S-Im afraid Im not sure what to tell you,more cardio perhaps! The BFL workouts have really helped me lose wieght! So far-so good! I do an extra cardio though!Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Gayle-tommorrow im looking forward to a couple of things,fist my WI,my kids are suppose to go over to my moms to spend the night--thats always nice to have a break! And of course my FREE DAY:7....Pizza:9 and a small chocolate extreme blizzard from dairy queen,LOL Oh my there good!I deserve it,I've been so good since starting this 'way of eating' I haven't cheated yet! sunday will be week three for me! Great workout...gotta LOVE those firewalkers}(

ok,ive gotta go,my ds is whinny x(

ok,im back...anybody have a good pulled pork slow cooker BFL friendly recipe that they would care to share?

bbl

Hi Challengers!

Just wanted to report my workout. I will be back for personnals in a bit!

I did a 9 mile run and MM. When I get a chance I think I need to get a good stretch in!

BB in a bit!

Lori:)

Amelia-What I like to do is get a pork roast and put it in the crockpot. Then I put some chicken or veggie broth in and let it cook all day long. By the end of the day (or dinner time), all you ahve to do is shred it wtih 2 forks. If you like, you can add some spices or seasoning with the broth. I like seasoned salt, or Mrs. Dash salt-free. When you shred it, make sure you put it back in the crock and mix the meat and the spices with all the juices. YUMMO!

Gayle

Afternoon girls :)

I did 8miles and worked the back to PUB and the machines at the gym.

Amelia: Sorry I don't have a recipe for pulled pork. Not a big fan of it.

iDream: I have a great banana bread recipe. Send me a message with your email and I can pass it on to ya if you like.

The weather here isn't as bad as predicted. Good night to be inside though. I'm not sure what our plans are. Maybe have a few friends over and watch some movies. I still have to watch LOST from last night --I set the DVR for it. I so can't wait for new episodes of Greys.

Have a great night everyone. Tomorrow it's a 4mile run and abs. I may toss in some squats too just for fun }( }(

Hey there Challengers !

Another glad it is Frieday}(

I have decided to go with less cardio this month after following Cathe's January rotation.

Am doing FitnessFreak's Muscle Building and Staying Lean rotation. It must being doing something 'cuz I'm so hungry compared to last month. (I actually started the rotation Monday).

Am looking much thinner from the side view, now only if the back end would go away . . .:7

I love love love cardio and just got a TM so am having running withdrawals. May just have to do a few 1/2 hour runs here and there pretty soon - possibly just sub them for the cardio that Debbie used.

Weight may be down a bit, Sunday is WI. So happy it will be before the Super Bowl party:+

Hope you all have a great day !

Hi Everyone!
Sounds like you guys have great eating and workout plans ahead! I can't seem to get on a roll with my workouts. Now both my DD's have the flu, so we'll be staying inside all weekend. Maybe I'll get in a couple of long workouts . Hope y'all are staying well and are staying away from the flu!! I had to call several pharmacies yesterday before I found one with the liquid Tamiflu. Hope the medicine shortens the symptoms for the girls. Next winter, I guess I'll get us all a flu shot.

Gayle, I have been thinking about ordering Cardio Kicks. I think you mentioned that you have it--do you like it? I have Cathe's other kickbox workouts--KPC, KM, and 4DS KB. How does CK compare, and would you recommend it? Thanks for your input.

I hope you all stay warm and well this weekend, and enjoy the Super Bowl!!
Valerie

Hi
Just finished timesaver #5 major Doms. Supper was a digorno pizza only at 2 small slices. Eating the rest of the day was good. Tomarrows workout timesaver #4 kickboxing love this one. How do you freeze the protien pancakes do you cook them first then reheat them?

Valerie-I do have Cardio Kicks and am actually doing it tomorrow morning! YEAH! I LOVE it! Of all of Cathe's kickbox, it's the one where her form is just in the beginning stages...lol. Personally, I just have a TON of fun doing this workout, more so than with the other kickbox workouts. I also feel I get a much better cardio workout from this one. Not to mention the DOMS I get all across my upper body...chest, shoulders, back, lats....every single time!

Gayle

Hey, thanks for the info on Cardio Kicks, Gayle! As soon as I can justify buying another workout dvd, I'm going to order this one! Have a great weekend, and as always, thank you for your inspiring and motivating posts.
Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.