Challengers May 9

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning girls

Ive got a couple of things going on today! First,my DD's classroom is having "Muffins For Moms" today. So i will be going to that first,thought it was adorable;-). Then i have to go to the dreaded walmart and gets some much needed grociers. Then i have to come home and workout. Which ive got a nice sweat fest planned. a PW then some abb work and then some LB. Thinking about doing GS legs! I miss seeing Cathe,LOL!

i got me a bathing suit yesterday:eek: first one since ive lost all my weight. Its cute but BOY do I need to get some famous daves tanner;-). That will be my next purchase!;-)

ok,need to got get ready. I will bbl with personals;-)

Hi Girls

Today's workout was a steady run for about 40 mins. I was happy with that as I havn't ran for ages! I have to run around the paddocks, I put the girls at a gate so they can see me and off I go. Then I listen to the screaming, so, as I go past the gate I tell them to "cut it out" (screaming = fighting). So I'm dodging all the cow poop, uneven ground, thistles, feedbins and the calves and the cows! Its very much ma and pa Kettleish. LOL:)

Amelia, I have a story for you. A bloke I used to work with lost a tremendous amount of weight. He was HUGE! So, he lost the weight, which was awesome! But he had all this left over skin! He showed me, once, the skin under his arms. This isn't a word of a lie, he looked like a BAT! he had wings! He reckoned that he was going to have plastic surgery, to have the skin removed.

Now, this tale isn't to upset you, just to share with you. Going on from what you said yesturday about the excess skin from your weight loss. Its just a story, pretend we are drinking coffee and chatting.

I did the mothers day things today, had mothers day liturgy and lunch with my 8 y.o, then went off and had afternoon tea with my youngest at her day care! They both made me cards and a present and I was very "chuffed" and got all silly and proud of them both.

see ya later ladies enjoy any mothers day things planned at schools today!

Andrea.

Hi Challengers,

A quick check in. I only had time for 4DS Bis & tris and the abs from the KB portion. Busy day for me. My son has his spring concert this afternoon and I have to fit grocery shopping in there as well.

Andrea: I was just rolling over laughing picturing you doing that run for 40 min. It sounded more like an obstacle course WO.LOL!!

Ameila: Have fun doing the Muffin for Mom's.

My DH was reading an article in the newspaper this morning, he was saying how off this article was. It was about a salary co. that figured out how many hours and how much a stay at home mom works. It said she should be paid about 117G a year and they work about 96hrs a week. So I said yes that sounds right. He laughed and said how many hours a week do you think you work. He figured it out and his face was priceless!!It came out to be 114 hours a week!:eek: Seeing his face was worth his narrow minded thinking!!:7

Elaine

Good morning, ladies!

Yesterday I got into project mode and organized my basement. We have a full basement with an unfinished part. As of late, the kiddos have been playing in the unfinished part, climbing up in the crawl space and in general reeking havoc. So I tidy up the unfinished part and set it up so that they can play in their safely. I even set up a little "shipping corner" for me and my ebay stuff. After that, me and the paper shredder attacked the office. I ended up taking a rest day, but I do feel like I accomplished something. AND!!! All my laundry is done (at least for the hour)!

So today's WO will be KPC. Today is my DS's 5 birthday! Unfortunately, he also has to get his shots today. x( Poor little man, but there will be ice cream in his future and a super special trip to the grocery store with just me and him.

Andrea, I am cracking up about your obstacle course of a run! I think you burned extra calories for breaking up fights and cow pie dodging!

Amelia, re: DH's job. Do you know what is causing the stress with him working 2nds? Is it dinner, bath and bedtime all by yourself? DH is typically not home in the evenings and I "lose it" after 5:00. It's gotten better, but in the evening, I am just done. I have been feeding, watering, cleaning, making sure the kids stay alive all by myself all day and I just want to be done after dinner. Occasionally, I bathe them in the morning, just so I don't have to deal with it at night. Crock pot dinners help, too. That way I'm not getting stressed about rushing around at dinner time. Then there is the whole finding a sitter every time you want to do something in the evening! It's no fun, but I just had to accept that DH is not around and I am happily shocked when he walks through the door early.

That whole novel was basically to say that I understand how it can be very stressful, but I KNOW it will get better for you! Continuing to pray! Enjoy you "Muffin Day" with DD. Sounds like fun!

Elaine, I heard that report on the radio yesterday. I am still waiting for my paycheck ;). DH came home from work yesterday and he looked around the house and said "Good job, honey, the house didn't burn down today." It was THE best thing he could have said to me. Even when it feels like I work so hard and accomplish nothing, he noticed that I had worked hard to keep the house standing! :)

Alright, my kids need breakfast (didn't I just feed them yesterday?!?!?!);)

Have a fantastic Friday all!
:)

Good Morning,

I needed to get up and workout, because I won't get to tonite, but that didn't happen. Going to a graduation and I have to leave home 2 hours early to get there, and it starts at 7.

Andrea-sounds like you had fun and burned extra calories.

Amelia-i use to go to muffins for mom when my girls were in school it was alot of fun enjoy your day.

Becca-enjoy your workout.

Elaine-somebody finally appreciates what a stay at home mom is worth I like that.

Have a nice day everyone.

hey girls,still no workout yet! I jsut got back from grocery shopping(and avoiding my heart attack after the cashier pushed total:eek:)

Muffins for mom was fun!

Becca-YES to everything,i think sometimes its the fact that im lonely too,after i put the kids in the bed im use to enjoying our alone time together. But i think once we get a routine going agian everything will be fine! Actually DH and i have come to the conclusion that he needs to stay at his job for SO many reasons!

ok,im SO SORRY for the lack of personals but i really need to get my butt moving and do a workout,clean house a bit! I will BB tonight,ok:)

Thanks for everybodies kinds words and the job situation:)

Last night I finally got a chance to post and catch up (see yesterday’s thread).
This morning was my own version of PLB with 2 minutes jaunts on the TM in between each type of exercise. Legs are tingling now.

Amelia, congrats on the Bathing suit purchase. As for the famous Dave’s I’m trying the fair skin/face one. So far it is giving me just a touch of color. Not sure if I’ll try the regular one next or just try one of the kinds sold in the drugs stores. Glad you had fun at the Muffins for Moms event. Sorry about the alone time before DH gets home. I used to sleep between 9pm and 11:00pm and then wake up when DH got home to spend time with him. I think that is what messed up my body and cause my emotional setback that I experienced back then, that I mentioned a weeks ago.

Andrea, great job on the run. It does sound more like an obstacle course challenge, than a run though. Your activities with your DDs sounds sweet. Does Australia celebrate Mother’s Day also?

Elaine have fun at the concert. Funny story about DH realizing how many hours it really takes to run a family. Thanks for sharing. I always have said that DH and I have a 50/50 relationship. I do 50% of his stuff, plus mine, LOL.

Becca, I can’t imagine handling 4 kids by myself all day & evening. You go girl! I only had one back while I was handling DH on shift work and that was hard enough fitting in all the scheduling for sports practices, dance lessons, religious education class, etc while keeping the laundry done and food in the kitchen and the animals feed too.

Roxie, hope you enjoy the graduation.

Hello to everyone else and I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend, whether you are a mom or are just thinking about your mom.

Jean

Hi everyone. No real WO for me today - I'm wheezy, scratchy throat & an annoying cough. I think it's just allergies cuz I don't feel bad otherwise, but if you can't breathe it's kinda hard to WO. SOOOO, I'm just doing chores around the house so we can enjoy my DNiece's graduation party guilt-free!

Andrea, that's quite a run you had! I LOL about your yelling @ the kids - that's me when I'm WO in the house :D. We had Mother's Day Tea in my DD's kindergarten class on Wednesday. They had interviews w/ the kids..."my mom is 54 YO, her favorite food is avocados, she's good @ tennis, she's NOT good @ baseball, and if I had a million $ I'd buy her a jeep" (or something like that). We also got gifts that the kids had made. Really cute!

Elaine and Becca, SAHMs work HARD! Too bad they aren't properly appreciated. Jean, I LOL about the 50/50 relationship.

Hi Amelia, Roxie, Shirl, and everyone else!

I'd better scoot - a few more things to do before I head out to get a haircut. Have a great weekend if I don't manage to pop in!

Hey girls,just flying by to report my workout! I did a thirty minute PW on the treadmill then some LB weight lifting and ended with some abbs!

I hope everybody has a great mothers day weekend! I wanted to let everybody here know that i do read personals but don't always have time to respond so please don't think i don't read them;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.