Cathletic Supporters Feb. 1, 2009

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Why is it that when you work your hardest, that the scale just doesn't budge or worst it goes up? ARGHHHH. ok. I will stop whining. Still, I was expecting a major drop. I've been good. Ok. Maybe not good enough. So, I'm upping my protein intake, cutting the cheese, nuts, and chocolate chips (might have been the issue.:D) And I'm adding a little more exercise. I missed most of my yoga this week and I know that is always the key to my fat cells. I don't really know why, but it seems to be the case. So, back to the yoga mat with me!

My anticipated wo schedule:
S off
M Wog (first time in a while, its been rainy), yoga
T Power Max, yoga
W Wog, yoga
T Low Max, yoga
F Taebo, yoga
Sa CW or BF (depending on how I feel) yoga

I'm doing data entry for the family business and I'm adding in 10 min of activity every hour because I think just sitting on my butt may be part of the issue. So, I will do 10 minutes of chores at the 50 minute mark of every hour. I hope that makes a clean house and a clean body too. My goal is to make 168 by my birthday on March 14. I just need to knuckle down.

I hope everybody is doing well, Happy stepping! and Happy February!

Wow, February already...

I tried to do the 1RM this weekend and just could not get into it, so my workout schedule will be as follows:

m: 30 cardo, then 1RM testing, 3 exercises for each muscle group
T: 30 cardio, abs
W: 30min cardio, 1 RM testing, 3 exercises for each muscle group
T: walk
F: 30 min cardio, 1 RM testing, 3 exercises for each muscle group
S: walk
S: rest

I'm still staying away from sugar this month. But it's hubby's birthday. Can you make good tasting cake with Stevia?

I got my body fat measuring calipers and measured in at 23.5 % I suppose a good rate is .5 % loss in a week. I'm not sure if that is going to happen for me. But am going to monitor and adjust my activities accordingly.

RB, would you be willing to do more weight training? I am finding I lose weight more quickly with more weight training than I do with more cardio/less weight training. I don't mean to get all in your bidness : ), and I know you know way better than me what works for you...but I just wanted to throw my experience out there. Or maybe your yoga is your weight stuff? I know nothing about yoga...I need to learn. : )

Cendrine, I have a few recipes for you. I will post them tomorrow. I don't have any bars I guess I should recommend...the ones I eat have artificial sweetener or sugar alcohols (are they artificial?) usually - not really clean, huh? :eek: I like Pure Protein, and tolerate Myoplex. There's a recipe for some bars in the Eat Clean Diet cookbook...I will post that one for you tomorrow (let me know if you have that book already). Looks yummy. I want to make them soon. I'm not sure about stevia and cakes. : ) Oh, and that BF % is not bad at all! Mine is around 28% right now!

Workout today was Get Lean Intervals. Here's my food:

M1: 1 cup shredded wheat w/brain, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.3 oz. banana
M2: Myoplex bar
M3: WW couscous, grilled chicken, zucchini
M4: 1 cup 2% cottage cz, 1/2 cup carrots w/some hummus
M5: WW couscous, grilled chicken, zucchini

Have a good night ladies.

Cendrine, I posted a bunch of Tom Venuto's recipes on the recipes forum.

They may be high on calories for what you need for each meal, but I think you can easily adjust the serving sizes. They may not also be exact on your ratios, but I think some of them are close.

Hi all,

We went to Disney on Ice yesteray and I hope I never see another snow cone, bag of popcorn or cotton candy again. I forgot how easy it is to sit there and watch something and eat like there is no tomorrow. Of course I was sick later that night - you would think I would remember these things. Oh well, today is a new day. Happy good eating to everyone.

Murph

Thanks for taking the time to post the recipes! I really appreciate it.

I've gotten pretty good about figuring out how to make the calorie and ratio work for my goals, so it won't take too long to adjust them...:)

I eat pure protein as well. I also tried the cliff bars and they tasted good too. But you are right, not exactly clean, so I try to keep them to a minimum...

can I join you?

I need to clean up my food. I've regained all weight it took me 9 months to lose.
I was reading about a program that you gals follow? Feed the Muscle Burn the Fat? Did I get that right?
I'm also way behind on doing my 1R testing and I'm determined to start today.
I'm shooting for 1 hour 1r alternating with Cahte's February rotation cardio days until I get my 1r testing done and start STS in March.
But.... food in my downfall. :eek:
Colleen

Hi Colleen and Welcome!

I have only just started doing the 'burn the fat feed the muscle' program. It is very motivating and inspiring. It is an e-book, you can buy it online and read it on a Pdf format.

I am only working on my 1RM as well. I did 4day split bootcamp cardio and then three sets of each muscle group of testing. I hate doing it! I don't ever work to failure, just until I burn really bad. But to failure is another story all together... it is really hard, and I have felt fuzzy all day since doing it.... But like you, I'm determined to get it done.... How did your first day of testing go?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to look at the web site and see what it is about. I can see I can handle sugar, white flour etc. very well. I go bonkers and the weight just shoots back up again.
I'm just going upstairs to try to do my testing. I'm stalling....:eek:
Colleen

Hey Colleen, please join us...welcome! Food is definitely my downfall. I have no problems working out, pretty much ever. BFFM has helped a lot.

I made up a summary in Word of the BFFM ebook. It can give you the main points.

If any of the rest of you would like the summary, email me and I'll send it to you.

[email protected]

Murphy, I know...sometimes I don't even want any food but then I see some and I want to devour everything within reach.

Hey Workoutaholic...

I have the recipe book 2007 that came free with my purchase of the Bffm book.

It says on the copyright part that I'm allowed to send it on to others, so if you like I can email it to you or send you parts of it.

Here is a list of the recipes:

Ground Turkey Omelette
Indonesian Chicken
Chocolate and Banana Protein Bars
Asian Tuna Salad
Protein-Fortified Rice
Curried Chicken
Spicy Turkey Chili
Protein Waffles
Chicken Kabobs
Chicken and Spinach
Cheesey Scrambled Eggs
Breakfast Zucchini Pie
Beef Chop Suey
Whole Oat Flax Loaf
Homemade MRP
Beef and Bean Stew
Chocolate Brownies
Spicy French ‘Un-Fries”
Spicy Beef Chili
Poached Salmon with Cucumber
Turkey Meat Loaf
Vegetarian Chili
Tuna & Cheese Melts
Strawberry and Banana Oatmeal
Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars

Cendrine, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about that recipe book. I kept it on my computer and thanks for reminding me!!!

No workout today. I got STS and I can't stop previewing it. Also messed up today and gave in to the ritz crackers. Only 6 though! Thank goodness tomorrow's a cheat day. :eek:

My food today:

M1: 1/4 cup SC oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.3 oz. banana
M2: My blueberry protein shake
M3: 1/2 cup 2% cottage cz, 6 ritz, & Greek salad - green bell pepper, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cuke, 1 oz. RF feta cz, 3/4 tbs olive oil mixed with oregano and red wine vinegar as dressing
M4: WW couscous, grilled chicken, zucchini
M5: 2 small WW rolls w/4 oz. tuna - tuna mixed with 1 tbs olive oil mayo and 1 tbs grey poupon

Hi all,

Yesterday and today were good eating days. I need to add more fruit but they are so expensive. I am doing okay on the veggie front but seriously lacking in the fruits. Does fruit candy count?

Murph

Last edited:
Morning,

Today I am starting out right. I have blueberry oatmeal and banana's. I have a sandwhich and a ton of veggie's for lunch and some goldfish if I need a snack. I hope to be able to focus and eat a good dinner.

Murph

I haven't gotten the e book yet but I wanted to check in. Right now it's all about awareness. How much and what I choose to eat. I hate to take the time to write down what I eat but I think I have to do it. I've been doing my 1 r tests. I've done two days of two full circuts with cardio inbetween. It's tiring with heavy weights but I found I can lift more than I thought I could. Scary.
Colleen

Hi All!

Today is a zig-zag maintenance level day for me. I think those are kind of fun. I can have stuff like peanut butter and still have something else other than celery with one meal....:p

How many calories do you eat extra on maintenance days? I think I remember it can be as many as 500 more? I didn't feel like trying to find the passage...

Coleen, I never thought I would be writing down food either. It just seemed too much work. But interestingly enough, this time around, it really helps me make good choices. It's not so much the food itself than it is me writing down if the particular choices will meet my 20g protein per meal goal. It's a bit of a commitment, but I have gotten pretty used to it now. It will help me too, to look back and trouble shoot, if I don't get my desired body fat loss progress. This saturday is my first check in for tracking if I have lost body fat vs muscle. I'm a little worried about it. I'm eating really well, exercising at least 4 times a week, so what am I going to do if I don't see results?

I tell myself that one week is not that much time and to be patient in case i don't see instant results, but at the same time of course I'm hoping!

I'm still sore from my last two 1RM sessions but am due for another one tomorrow.

I got my STS a couple of days ago and previewed the legs. It looks great and challenging all at the same time.

I'm thinking of starting in a week or so, when I got most of my 1RMs done.

Have a great rest of the week!

Hi all!

Just wanted to check in real fast. Haven't been here for a while but I've been down and out with a darn cold. So not been eating much....no taste buds, so I tend not to eat. I have succombed to a few Giradelli (sp) chocolates in the freezer, but I'm determined to get back up on the band wagon tomorrow since I feel almost normal tonight. I think I'll pull out my BFFM and get re-acquainted. Have a great rest of the day.

HI all,

Not much to report but I wanted to say hi. I have been eating well and exercising, staying on track. I think I am starting to learn what I cannot eat (because it makes me sick) and what I can eat - and not eating the bad stuff anyway. :D See you next week.

Murph

Hi guys, sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I haven't been logging my food, but I will start back with that tomorrow. Also didn't work out for 2 days!

But tonight I will do Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 2, some abs, and about 20 min. cardio. Need to make up for the last few days. : )

Hope you all have a good, healthy weekend with lots of clean food! I am very motivated...I am wearing some jeans I haven't worn in 2 years and I don't want to have to put them back in the "I can't wear that anymore" pile again! Forget that pile!

: )

ouchie, my aching butt!

I'm treading water. But, thats ok, and a whole lot better than gaining fat. I seem to be putting on some butt muscle. I hurt so bad this morning that I realized it was time for some down time. So, I'm taking the day off of data entry and exercise. Today is a high day (I calorie cycle) and I splurged on home made whole wheat French toast with tons of cinnamon. I need to focus on getting enough protein. Its not easy. I just get so full so fast when I eat the right stuff I end up not wanting to eat enough. According to The protein Power life plan, I need about 35 grams of protein three times a day. But, after about two pieces of chicken (thigh meat, home roasted) I'm full.

My rotation is shifting to accommodate rain.
S Wog (if my butt can take it, I don't live in a flat place), SM
M CW, Yoga Today
T Wog, SM
W Power Max, Yoga Today
T Wog , SM
F LIC, Yoga Today
Sa pilattes

WOA: I will try adding more weight training. Emphasizing cardio just did not work. Neither did drastically dropping my carbs. I just need to cycle my calories and not try to force the weight loss.

Colleen: Welcome to our check-in.

Murphy: I too have started to recognize when food just makes me feel bad (like popcorn/cotton candy) I am learning to avoid short term pleasure the creates long term pain.

Rhea: I am sorry you had a cold. To push yourself too hard to fast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.