Cathe's November Rotation : Week 2

cab0899

Cathlete
This is a check in for those following Cathe's November Rotation. Everyone is welcome.

Today is my rest day, heading off to work and then tonight is a dinner for a coworker that is leaving. Tomorrow is a holiday for us.
Kim

Good morning, Kim. What Holiday is tomorrow???

I overslept this morning, because SO was here till pretty late. But I'm giong to be doing IMax 2 after I get home from work/school. PROMISE! I PROMISE I WILL GET MY WORKOUT IN THIS AFTERNOON! :)

I WILL!

My eating went a bit downhill Saturday night and some of yesterday, but not terribly horrible. Back at it today.

The adult Halloween party was so much fun Saturday night. We were out till 2am and had a BLAST! My best friend's DH was terribly drunk (veyr unusual for him), and it was quite comical to us SOBER folks to watch him! When I get my pictures uploaded, I'll post one for you to see!

Gayle

Good morning BNovember Rotators! (sounded good at the time anyway :))

Today is day 1 of week 2... I think they have fixed my WM Rotation calendar so not sure what is on tap for today, but I will be doing something along the same lines!

Kim: enjoy your rest day and dinner with your co-worker!

Gayle: I'm glad you enjoyed your belated H-party! what fun! and I understand the fun factor in watching a normally non-drinking drunk at a party... my DH was that person at a Christmas party last night... Everyone else thought it was funny... I, on the other hand, did NOT! :mad: I guess it depends on the situation and who was there to witness the event! Ours was our office party, therefore, witnessed by upper management... they were no better off (most of them) but it still embarrassed the he!! out of me and I did not hesitate to BLAST him for doing so! we have since moved on from that insident and I must say it was just about the first time in our 6 years together that I wanted to push him off a bridge, but it worked out!

Anyway, sorry to digress! hope you guys and all who follow have a wonderful day... I don't get Veteran's Day off tomorrow, so I'll be plugging along at work! if you have the day off, ENJOY and remember those who have served our country so diligently!!!

Where is everyone? I hope we're not losing anyone yet. Remember we are committed to finish this November rotation, Dani and Gayle you should be enjoying Pure Strength Chest, Triceps and Shoulders today!;);) Dani I'm glad that you got your WM calendar fixed.

I just finished IMAX2, my all time favourite workout, I think I have this one memorized. It did feel a little harder than usually today. I'm not sure why. We're enjoying the day off today, I'm trying to organzie my pictures put them in scrapbooks, etc. Looking forward to the TBL tonight.
Kim

Hi Kim, Gayle & all who follow:

I'm here today! and didn't have to work afterall! I am happy that it turned out to be a floating holiday and we had the option! Since DH had it off, I took it, too!

Anyway, I did ME last night because I do not have any of the IMAX workouts, so figured that might be a suitable substitution... I do have GS BSB so will be doing that today!

I have my informal job interview this afternoon and will be meeting with the one who may be my new immediate supervisor... Funny story: the guy I am meeting also had spoken to (and offered this position to) a former co-worker that I haven't talked to for several years and I finally founder her number and called her last night to get the inside scoop on this guy and the office. wish me luck tonite!

ETA: sorry to be so self-absorbed today! I'm very nervous!

Kim: great job on IMAX and scrapbookmax!

Gayle: pick yourself up, dust your self off (wipe the food off your chin) and we'll slow down for you to jump back on the wagon! We can do it together!!!

Last edited:
Just finished PS Chest, Shoulder, Triceps. It was nice having a shorter workout today. DS did it with me and it was nice having the company.

Dani, that's great that you got yesterday off! What's a floating holiday?? How did the job interview go?

Gayle Are you still with us? Are you sticking to the rotation? I hope everything is ok?

Kim

well, it's Thursday and I'm ready for a weekend, even though I have had a very short work week with having Tuesday off...

I had my interview tuesday afternoon and it went really well! I asked that since he was still in town for a few days (as we might be a 2 for 1 deal - DH and I being hired at this office) if he wanted to meet with DH, too... he invited us both for dinner last night to chat... I was looking forward to discussing the work and financial issues that we had and wanted to get some things out on the table, however, when we checked in yesterday afternoon he said that the rest of his crew had invited themselves to dinner with us...:mad: it turned out to be an OK time just disappointing that we didn't get to discuss more openly and it turned out (for all of them) to be a beerfest... not what I expected. I guess when you work for the same company and are just looking to transfer, the formality of the whole interview process is a little lacking, in this case anyway...

So, back to why we are here... I didn't get in a workout last night because we were out but did manage to workout tonite! I received the DVD's I ordered so did a shorter premix of GS Chest/tri's and got to use my new step! I need to order one more set of risers I think as it only came with 2 per side... it will work for now :) I also purchased the incline risers and used those as Cathe did... I enjoyed it very much for the chest work! gets those muscles differently when you shake it up a bit!

Where is everyone? :)

Kim: a floating holiday simply means that you can either take it off on the actual Holiday or you can work the holiday and save the day off for another time when you want to use it for something else (and won't go against vacation!) ;) it's sort of a nice thing. Good job on your GS CT yesterday too! how'd you do today?

Gayle; where ya been?

OMG, ladies. I am SOOOOOOOO sorry to dessert you for this week!!! I apologize. I've had a bit of a hectic week, and I let it throw off my workout schedule. I've been waking up later, missing my workouts and being too busy later in the day to do it.

SO.....I've backed up a bit in this rotation and this morning I did PS Legs & Abs. My plan is to continue on in the rotation picking up from PS L&A, including workouts over the weekend!

Tonight is our next BIG PTA event at the school, so that's what I've been busy with. But there's nothing more I can do until the actual event tonight, so I'm letting it go for now.

HOW IS EVERYBODY? I really am sorry. Will you accept me back? PLEASE! :)

Gayle

Glad to see everyone back!:)
Gayle I hope the PTA event goes well!!!
Dani- So is the job transfer a done deal now? Does that mean you will move? Does sound like a strange night out/job interview LOL

Yesterday, I did PS Legs and abs. Thursdays are my tv watching night so watched the Office ( it was about coming on a business trip to Winnipeg, where I live so there was lots of hype here in the city) and ER. Taped Survivor to watch on the weekend.

Today it going to be errands and Kickmax while kids are in school.

Kim

HI Guys...

no workout for me today... I'm having a major case of cramps and just feel like curling up with the heating pad and a blanky and watch TV! :mad:
kind of a bummer too because I wanted to try KickMax or Circuit Max that I just got yesterday!!! oh well, there's always tomorrow... my first day during TTOM is always the worst...

The job is still in the air... I sent my "wish list" so to speak of what we would like to see in a job offer letter, and expect to speak with them again early next week about everything once they get back and work through HR and the Branch Manager and see what they can do! Hurry up and wait!! :)

Kim: good job on KM! I'll try it tomorrow and see how I do... I started watching it last night, and it looks hard!!! But guess that's what it is all about! I used to do Taebo and really had a hard time keeping up with the extreme tempo, but I really like KPC, so thought this would be a good cardio too!

Gayle: good to have you back! :) Of course you are welcomed back with open arms! ((hugs)) for the busy week! hope the PTA event goes well for you & you can report a success tomorrow!

take care & have a great weekend!

HI all! I am still here...in spirit, anyway! Parent/teacher conferences were this week, along with meetings everyday or so it seemed, so I was AWOL! I did do all the workouts, subbing a swim on Wed and doing the B/G 49 minute premix on the leg day. Have kept up with the weights, though, and today, although I haven´t looked at what is scheduled will probably do a run.

Dani, hope things go well with the job. And even though the dinner turned out to be less than what you expected, it was a positive thing that you and DH were there...they were probably doing a REAL informal interview;)

Kim, looks like you´re doing a great job with this rotation. I really like it, as it is just what I need...lots of weights right now.

Hi Gayle

OH, and I just looked out my window...add leaf-raking ;)...let´s see...upper body, core, and if they are wet and heavy...legs :)

This morning I did PS Back, Biceps and Abs. I'm going to feel it in my biceps tomorrow ;) Both of the workouts on the weekend are shorter (tomorrow is 4DS bootcamp, cardio only and 200 lunges), kinda of nice. Will take Monday off as usual.

Nothing to exciting going on here, took dd to swimming lessons. This morning I booked our Disney hotel for next winter (Nov 2009), that took a hour on the phone. We usually go to Florida every year, and yes I'm a compulsive planner but there were great deals out for next fall. (40% off so had to grab it). We go in 25 days on this year's holiday. :D:D:D

Going to maybe go out later and do some Christmas shopping for my MIL. She broke her hip and not getting around very well, she's the type of person who loves Christmas and makes a big deal of it. She's feeling kind of down as she's worrying about her shopping, baking , decorating ,etc. I told her I would go pick up some presents for the family for her. We'll take the kids over to put the tree up sometime soon.

Lala, glad to see you pop by! Hopefully things start calming down for you soon! Are you a teacher?

Gayle How did the PTA event go??

Dani, I hope you're feeling better today! Let us know how you like KM. The blasts are difficult! I did the combos with 1 lb wts yesterday and really felt it in my arms.

Have a good weekend! Kim

Hey Kim & all who follow!

My workout rotation week has been all messed up due to all the work related activities tuesday and wednesday, so I am just winging it! I didn't do anything friday night but lay on the couch with my heating pad on my belly, but felt much better yesterday! I even did a DrillMax premix yesterday morning! It felt good...

Today I plan in trying KickMax! I previewed the first few combos and they looked challenge, so I can only assume that the farther into the workout the harder they get! Today was supposed to be my scheduled rest day, but I just can't justify it, and looking forward to being back on track with the rotation starting tomorrow! :)

look forward to it and hearing from everyone else! At least a few of us are still going! :)

Hey guys! I hope you're all enjoying the last few hours of the weekend!!!!!

My PTA event, Friday night, was a HUGE HUGE HUGE success. There was LITERALLY a line outside, waiting to sign in. And the Bingo part in the cafeteria was standing room ONLY! I could NOT BELIEVE IT!!! Simply amazing! Really. I've never seen any event at out school have an attendance like this! I was very pleased...and very TIRED and scratchy-voiced yesterday! LOL

OK....time to buckle down. Ladies, I've been naughty. I got back on track late in the week, but fell back off again.

THERE ARE 2 WEEKS LEFT OF THIS ROTATION! I'm making it a mini 1-week rotation.

See you all in the morning!

Gayle

Gayle, congrats on the success of the event!! Now sending you some getting back on track vibes!!

Dana, how was Kick Max?

DD8 did 4ds Bootcamp with me :D but she let me do the 200 lunges by myself. :eek: I started the lunges with 8 lbs weight but ditched them part way through.

Finished week 2 as scheduled!! Week 3 is off the week that I lose interest though! I get bored easy, lol. Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Kim

KickMax was GREAT! I did a premix though because I was scared to do it as a whole! :eek: but I look forward to doing it again as I love KBoxing! I also think that Cathe's version is MUCH better than TaeBo ever hoped to be! I wish there were more!!!

Gayle: Congrats on the successful PTA function! Sounds like so much fun! that is quite a job! Hang in there! only 2 more weeks so WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!!! I got a little off track myself, but managed to at least only miss one workout in total this past week as I did a w/o today in lieu of a day off... but it will just make it that much sweeter if we can stick it out and push through to the end... I'm a little worried about the week of Thanksgiving, but again, the efforts will be well rewarded!

Kim: how fun doing your workout with DD! LOL that she LET you do the lunges by yourself! I should probably go back and do the 200 walking lunges, but I didn't do the 4DS workout (cuz I don't have that one), so at least KM with a bonus leg workout has given me some early DOMS tonite! that and I worked with DH in the yard today and sweated some more! So I'll be feeling it tomorrow for sure!

will be looking forward to starting week3!!!!! YEAH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.