Catheletic Supporters Jan. 25

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I've been uber good all week ok. . mostly and I've lost two pounds so that is a good thing. I hope to repeat and improve the performance next week. I hope that everyone is well and keeping the faith if you will. I'm also coming up on that time of the month. So, the old water retention I'm sure is showing on the scale. I'm being good about not playing on the internet for more than once a week so thats why I'm not posting as much.

This weeks rotation:
S Yoga Today
M Hi/Lo combo, Kathy Smith Yoga Basics
T Power Max, Yoga Today
W Wog, SM 1
T RS, Yoga Today
F Wog, SM 2
Sa Low Max, Yoga Today

Good morning!

I've been pretty good with the diet too. Not uber good, but good. Still doing the CLX rotation and am seeing a difference. I think it is a great rotation to do just before STS. I'll be able to go heavier with STS, I think.

Rapidbreath...same here with the internet. Cutting back on the time and only going on while at home in the evening just to do quick posts.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Hi,

I have been eating well and keeping up with my 1RM's. I add is some ab work and some stretches to balance this out a bit. Let's hope I can keep it up!

Murph

Hey ladies, I have NOT been eating well! :eek:

But I have my resolve back and went to the grocery store today and planned out my menu for the week. I will fear no evil (evil meaning cheez-its and fudge). : )

Did Burn Intervals (that is tough!) yesterday and starting my last week of the Burn phase today, so did Burn Circuit 1. Can't wait to start the Push phase next week.

My goal is to get to 138 pounds in 3 weeks. No messing around, no little bites here and there. I promise myself that on Feb. 16 I will weigh 138.

STS is coming soon - yes!

Okay, I caved a bit today myself and has some chocolate after dinner. I haven't had sugar like that for a while, it wasn't bad. I'm not going to beat myself up, I guess it would be a cheat day.

Hope everyone else is doing great! I can't believe STS is going to ship! I've been so busy with CLX, that I haven't obsessed about STS. STS will plug so well into the rotation after the 90 days.

Dang, that chocolate jumped me again! But just a little after dinner. I do need a little sugar rush to get my packing, cleaning and other work done before I completely collapse.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey everyone, here was my food for yesterday. I hate not knowing the numbers, but it was good:

M1: 1/4 cup dry steel cut oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.3 oz. banana
M2: 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato, 1 oz. reduced fat feta
M3: 1.5 bowls italian wedding soup
M4: 1 bowl italian wedding soup
M5: 2 oz. eye of round roast, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, bowl of romaine lettuce w/1 tbs light caesar and 5 WW croutons
Extras: 2 tbs creamer in coffee

No workout yesterday. It was a rest day on the calendar, and I intended to do some cardio, but watched August Rush with my hubs. Today will be Burn Circuit 2 and maybe abs.

Have a great day!

Hey All,

My kids have been sick so I have not posted in a while. I have notbeen working out either. I have been eating okay, could be better, but not bad. Let's hope that I can get it together with STS on the way. The UPS tracking said it should be delivered today! Yeah me!!!!!

Murph

New to BFFM

Hi Guys,

I have just finished reading BFFM for the first time and I found out about your thread here. Can I join you guys?

I am getting everything lined up to get serious about what I have read. I just got my calipers to do body fat measuring, I have started a journal where I keep my food intake for the day and am collecting some good recipes that fit in my goals.

I can't wait to get STS (chose slow shipping...:()

What are you guy's goals?

I want to lose 6% bodyfat. I'm planning on doing STS as a 6 month rotation and add cardio as recommended.

Do you start a new check in thread every Monday? Or do I keep coming back to this one for the month?

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

Hey Cendrine, welcome!

My short term goal right now is to get down to 138 lbs by Feb. 16...right now I'm fluctuating between 141-142. I think when I hit 138 I'll really be able to wear my pre-preg clothes. That is going to be one happy day! : )

We usually start a new thread every Monday. And if no one has started it yet when you want to check in, please go ahead and start it. We usually just title it with Catheletic Supporters and the date or week.

I am doing Chalean Extreme for another 2 months, then STS. STS is on its way...it will be hard not to do it when it gets here - although I am kinda scared! If I know Cathe, those workouts are going to be killers.

I usually post my food here - it helps me stay accountable. I also post my workouts here. Feel free to post whatever you want.

Glad to have you!

Hi All,

I ate okay last night until the kids starting acting up and made me crazy. For some reason I started eating cookies and I usually don't. I don't eat a lot of sweets because they may me sick - more than 2 cookies or 1 1/2 candy bars and my stomach cramps up. That is exactly what happened. My stomach is still a little queasy and it is the next morning. Anyway, welcome Cendrine and hi to everyone on the forum. Have a great weekend.

Murph

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry about your stomach problem. I hope you are feeling better now!

I am currently not allowing any sugar in my diet, because I consider myself a sugarholic.... I just can't stop if I do have some and then I want it again the next day and the next... That's what happened during Christmas... I devoured a whole box of see's candy all by myself in two days... :(
Thus the no sugar to make up for the damage....

I acutally find that if I don't have it at all, I don't crave it, at least until it gets that time of the month....

I was wondering, are you guys measuring and calculating your foods to meet a specific micronutrient ratio and calorie count?

I'm currently just trying to keep each meal at 300 cals and at 20 protein, the rest is too complicated for me right now, so as long as the rest is clean, I don't care how much of it is carbs and how much of it is fat.

If you do meals like that, do you have any good ones to share? Do you have any good bars you have come across for those on the go times when you didn't have time to prepare anything?

I have another question as well. Before reading BFFM I was on a very high protein low calorie diet. I upped my daily calorie intake per Tom's guidelines from 1200 to 1400-1500. I have also evenly split the calories in 5 meals whereas before I would eat tiny 100cal snacks and 3 bigger meals.
Now I enjoy having meals vs snacks every 3 hours, but I am noticing, that I actually feel hungry fairly soon, not ravenous, but definitely that hunger pang. Is that because my body is adjusting and becoming more efficient in burning what I feed it, or do you think I should up the calories even more...?

I appreciate your thoughts!

THanks!

Hope you guys feel better Murphy. My toddler makes me crazy all the time. : )

Here's yesterday's food. I don't know the numbers again.

M1:1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.3 oz. banana
M2: Leftover meatloaf, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1 cup green beans
M3: Smoothie w/1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbs. nat. PB, 1 cup almond breeze, 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
M4: Chicken/veggie stir fry with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
M5: 1 cup italian wedding soup (finally done eating this :p)

Last night I did most of the cardio premix from Cathe's Low Impact Circuit, and CLX I've Got Abs.

Today was a cheat day and I ate some pancakes at IHOP...mmmm!

Cendrine, I am trying to do about 50% carbs or less, 20% fat, 30% protein. I get somewhere in the ballpark, but I don't worry about getting it exact. I do 1600 calories. Any less than that and I feel too hungry to sustain it. On the 4th day I do a cheat day and eat around 2000 calories. I'll look through my foods and see if I can suggest some meals. That is hard for me...finding stuff I actually like to eat with those ratios.

I definitely get hungry about every 2.5-3 hours now that I eat these small meals. Are you losing on the calories you are eating? If you can increase your calories a bit and still lose 1-2 lbs a week, I'd say do it! : ) 1600 is working well for me, when I stick to it.

I hope that helps!

I do about the same ratio 50 carbs 30 protein and 20 fats, although it is hard for me to break the low fat habit, I've done it for so long.... :confused:

I upped to 1400 only about a week ago. I was afraid of upping more because I have been on 1200 or less for so long I didn't want my body to store it as fat because it was starving.... I will monitor my weight loss this week and see how it goes.
I am planning on zig zagging every fourth day. Do you find that going up to 2000 every fourth day still allows you to loose at least 1 lb a week? I'm happy if I just loose about 1lb a week, not in a rush here.

I just got my calipers for measuring body fat, this will help me figure out if I am ok to up my calories or not.

I started doing 1RM today, I don't know why I am surprised, but it really is another workout....:) I expect to be sore tomorrow as I was too lazy to do a warmup... I will pay for it, I know....

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.