CARDIO HATERS REPORT HERE, Jan 17

Miss Lee

Cathlete
I want a T-shirt, too--LMAO! Hey, the Cheetah's are getting a T-shirt and now I think those crazy chin up chicks are getting one, too. We should get one. What do you think about that? We'll probably have to design our own because I seriously doubt if we could find a shirt that says "I Hate Cardio"--lol! We'll have to come up with something clever. Maybe we can design one with a mushroom cloud rising above a step bench--lol!

I was bad and did NOT do my workout yesterday but I PROMISE to do it today. I have Jari's S&L on tap and maybe a short cardio, too.

I still haven't gotten a call about scheduling those tests. *GASP* Maybe they forgot:) .

I just finished breakfast--turkey sausage on whole grain bread. My grocery store is now baking fresh, whole grain bread and it's really delicious. The turkey sausage is made by a local organic free range turkey farm and it's really good. My DH loves sausage and I was skeptical about the turkey stuff but he really liked it. I'm glad because it's much better for him and I don't mind it once in awhile myself. I was actually thinking it would make a good sandwich for lunch instead of a burger.

I better get cracking on that workout. I'm trying to cultivate a new habit of working out early. It felt so good that one day last week when I did my workout by noon, and I've learned that the later it gets the less likely I am to get it done, like yesterday :eek:

I'll report back on my progress:*

Hi ladies -

Michele - T-shirts! That would be so much fun. I will have to think of some ideas.

No workout again today. My butt is really starting to get saggy, it is gross. I have just got to be more disciplined and go to sleep earlier or else I will turn into a big blob.

Diane, wouldn't it be fun to have our own T-shirt!?!?!? I could have them made here if y'all're in agreement:

http://embroidme1.reachlocal.net/index.asp

They do a nice job and I'm pretty sure they can do custom designs, too. :D Let's do it:D :D . This way if we ever decide to have a GTG we can identify each other by the T-shirt.:D

:D :D :D :D

Diane, I know exactly what you mean by a gross, saggy butt;( . I'm 100% positive that lack of sleep is an evil demon that packs on fat and robs us of the energy we need to workout. I'm really trying to focus on fixing that. Wish me luck.

I better pry my gross saggy butt out of this chair right NOW--LMAO!

Hi haters. I love the idea of a tee shirt, but hate the idea of it saying I hate cardio. How about something in a barley theme? I googled custom tee shirts this morning and found a website called zazzle that sounded interesting. You can design your own shirt for what seemed to be a very reasonable price.

I ended up doing KP&C yesterday and am glad to report that my cold, or whatever I'm incubating, didn't affect my workout. I felt strong and fit. My pyramid workout arrived yesterday, so I will be able to follow Cathe's rotation and do upper body tonight.

Hi there- I was told to report in- so here I am LOL- t-shirts sounds great- but if there is g2g we have to promise to notify each other as quick as posiible so we get signed up- I'm not sure how it works but it's probably limited and everyone will want to do it---

Has anyone ever tried Amy Bento, Mindy Mylrea or Kelly Coffey-Meyers-which ones do you like??--BBL--deb

Hi Deb. There have been lots of posts about Amy Bento on the forums lately, so I'm sure you could use the search engine to find them. I only have one Mindy workout and it's cardio toolbox. I hate it. I think her cuing sucks and her steps don't flow together at all. Others seem to love her though. I know nothing about Kelly.

Diane - that shirt is too funny. It is ugly but I'd wear it. LOL B/C in my opinion, cardio does truly suck the big one!!!!

Michele - did you do S&L yet? Are you getting bored with it? Have you bought any other Jari's or just this one? I only did it that one time but I do plan on doing it again.

Robin - I haven't done KPC in ages. Glad that you are feeling better.

Deb - hi!!! Did you get your bar?? Today is Tues and you are (I think) 4 hours ahead of me so you should have gotten it by now, eh?? I haven't done any of the other instructors that you mentioned.

August - where are you????? Put the Nintendo DS down and get over here!!!!! You've got a way w/words, so what is your take on the t-shirt???

Last night I did Pure Strength Chest/Shoulders/Biceps again. I'm just not up to all the pushups in GS so I'm using PS. I'm getting in 2 shoulder workouts a week since I"m doing GS BSB and PS CST which isn't a bad thing either. I went for a walk today. It is 27 degrees out - Kate pass me the downsuit!!!! I went my usual 3.5 miles. If I'm up to it, I think I'm going to do L&G tonight. I won't be able to workout until about 8:30 so it will depend on how tired I am.

Well, better get going!!!

I'm done!! I did my workout and it's still early. Now I can PLAY!! And...and the sun...it's shining:+ . The skies are smiling upon me:D .

Diane--ROTFLMAO!! I agree the T-shirt is ugly but I LOVE the one for the dog!! I wonder if you can get the dog design on a human T-shirt. (Robin, we are NOT getting a barley shirt--LMAO!). Diane, I have complete and total faith in your shopping abilities.

Robin, I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes I think a workout does actually help you feel better. It must help to open up your airways or something. I've never done KPC. I don't think I even have KPC. You should see me trying to kickbox. Now THAT's comedy. Let me know what you think of the pyramids. I have them but I haven't tried them yet. I'm just so crazy about the GS workouts that I haven't had a desire to try anything else (except Jari).

Deb, I've never tried Amy Bento or Kelley Coffey-Meyer, but I do have Mindy Mylrea's gliding workout. Believe it or not, I've never even taken it out of the box:eek:. If I get time I'll preview the DVD and let you know what I think of it. I'm intrigued by it but I don't know quite what to do with it--how to use it in a rotation. You should check out the reviews on the VF forums, too.

Dana, you're a total maniac today!! Great job! Yes, as you can see ^^^ there, I did S&L today. I can't walk outside when it's that cold because I develop asthma symptoms. --No, I'm not tired of Jari yet. I think I've done S&L 3 or 4 times now and I've made progress. I have to modify the lunges a little bit because I can't keep my balance the way she does them. I was able to use 5#ers for half of the shoulder presses today--up from 3#'s. I have RTTC but I haven't used it yet. I may do that one on Friday. I plan to order Ripped 1000 and the new one coming out this spring. I'm hoping Jari will get me in good enough shape for Cathe. One positive thing I can say about the Ripped workouts is that so far there's no dread factor involved. I do dread Cathe sometimes -- she's a friggin maniac with her hair on fire:eek:.

I'm starving.

I'll BBL:*

Where's Kate? Kate, I miss you terrible!

I'll bet August is sleeping. It must be about 3 AM in Japan. Sleep well:*

Dana, your 2 shoulder workouts reminded me. DH and I were in the grocery store the other day and a slim young woman walked past us. My first thought was, "My, she has nice shoulders." DH immediatley said,"That girl has no butt." Isn't it funny what the different sexes notice?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.