Cardio Haters - 9/11

dianet

Cathlete
Hi Ladies - I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am so stressed about work today because I didn't do the work I needed to do over the weekend. Today is going to be a bad day.

DH didn't wake me up in time to workout and I will be working late so no workout today. Also going out to lunch today at some restaurant so will try to stay on the diet there.

I can't believe it has been 5 years since 9/11. It seems like only yesterday still.

Hi Diane and all!

I couldn't sleep last night again--UGH! Anyway, when I woke up this morning and looked at the digital clock it read 9:11--no kidding!! It totally freaked me out. I have very vivid memories of that day. I was watching a morning news show when it happened and remember watching in horror as the 2nd plane flew into the WTC. People from my area were killed in the WTC attack. I'm a little nervous that my DH will be flying home today. I'll be so glad when his plane lands!

Diane, I loved the shoes you posted a link for! I'm definitely going to have to try some Puma's. Can you say if they have good arch support or not? --I'm sorry you overslept. I hate it when I do that, like today. It's like you can never catch up. I'll be sending positive vibes for clean eating at lunch.

I did one of my audio w/o's on the elliptical yesterday then spent the rest of the day running around. I went to 2 more bookstores and never was able to find 5-Factor Ftness so I ordered it at 3 AM from Amazon. Don't laugh at me, but I ordered the soundtrack form Oklahoma, too. When we were in Indiana we had such beautiful weather that I kept singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" to my DH. Anyway, I haven't been able to get that musical out of my mind ever since --lol!

Janjan, good luck on your first day back to work!! I hope you get a minute to check in and tell us all about it. I'm sending many positive vibes to you.

Kate, how are you feeling? I've been praying for you and I hope you've been able to get some sleep.

August, I'm sorry but you're in for another bad night. I'll probably sleep well tonight once my DH is home.

Dana, how are you doing. You've been on my mind a lot.

I have to run, you guys. Oversleeping delpeted my spare time and I have so much to do today it ain't funny. I'll try to check back later.:* :*

Of your choices, here's the ones I liked best:

Brown - I love these!
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9193000/c/328/g/women/s/10.html

Black choices:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17105252/c/72/g/women/s/10.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17909086/c/72/g/women/s/10.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17937237/c/72/g/women/s/10.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17909071/c/973/g/women/s/10.html

I would never be able to walk in 3" or 4" spike heels, but I do think they're cute. As you can see, I'm drawn to boots that are embellished with buckles or tassles or decorative stitching.

I prefer your Zappo's choices over the others. I like the deeper, richer shades of brown, too.

Good luck. I have a terrible time finding shoes--UGH!

Thanks Michele - I like the ones with the buckles too. I will try and see if I can find some in the stores before I buy on zappos.com. I just hate returning them.

I prefer to shop in stores, too, but we don't have any:-( . I'm not kidding. I have to travel if I want to shop. Take those Puma's, for instance. I live about 5 miles from a Macy's store, but it doesn't carry Puma's. They don't carry ANY high end brands. I don't shop very often but when I do I like nice things. I love Ellen Tracy or Dana Buchman clothes but you can't find anything like that around here. Our Macy's sucks!!

I'm going shopping at a high end mall in Michigan in a few weeks and I can't wait! I'm going to use Nordstrom's personal shopping service. I'm excited about it!

I have never used the personal shopping service. I am the most annoying shopper, leave the mall a lot of the time without spending any money, so I am sure they would hate me as a customer. I always wanted to use one though for a second opinion on fit and things like that.

Me too! I was hoping she could sneak onto the forums for a minute. I hope she posts something tonight? I wonder how much she misses her DD?

I sure hope Kate is feeling better.

Where the heck is everyone today?

My DH missed his flightx( . He overslept and didn't make it to the airport in time so know he won't be home until late tomorrow. I think I'm going to get carry out from my fav Italian restaurant tonight.

I ordered all the Cardio Coach workouts on CD and they came today:D !

First day was horrid!!!! OMG!!! talk about everything going WRONG it did! 1.5 hours to get to work this morning and in meetings all day and sick as a dog all day. Freakin chills, fever, drainage, etc. and DD did not sleep a wink last night. We were up all night with her starting at 2 AM and just went on from there. TOTALLY SUCKED!!!!

I HATE WORKING!!!! I think I might not last as long as originally planned. UUHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............

Ok, with that said, I have to go and change and get DD some dinner and then curl up in bed and sleep for 15 hours. Hopefully I will feel better by then!!

I HATE BEING SICK TOO!!!!

Janjan! {{{{{BIG SQUEEZY HUGS}}}}}

I may have to come over there and take care of you. I sure hope you're feeling better by tomorrow. Please try to take it easy tonight.:*

Sorry that you had a bad first day Jana. Are you coming all the way into downtown from Katy? What are your hours like at your new job? I hope you get some sleep tonight, and that DD gets some too.

My hours once again SUCK! As you can tell I feel like crap there for I am very negative right now, but they will be around from 8-5 or 6 with some travel once a month for 2-3 days out of the month. I only have to drive into N Post Oak, but it was just hell today on the toll roads and 610. What a friggin mess!!! I told my DH if I am going to stay at this job we are moving!!!!! It sucked today so bad, there are not enough words to describe my misery!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.