Calling All Clean Eaters June 3....

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

I figured I'd start off today because I have to get going very early this morning and have a massive confession to make. I really fell off the wagon last night in a moment of stress-induced bingeing. I had to run out to the barn last night around 8:00 to bring some horses in and found that nothing on the farm had been fed or watered by the *ahem* "gentleman" who is supposed to do it (they're supposed to eat around 5-6:00). So I had to spend the next hour feeding. On top of that, one of the horses I had to bring in tried repeatedly to kill me so I had to spend a solid half hour having a "discussion" with him about the do's and don'ts of leading x( . So, needless to say, by the time I was driving back home at 9:45 I was fuming pretty good, I had a moment of weakness and stopped for an ice cream cone x( . Oh, but that wasn't enough. It was gone by the time I got home so I then attacked the PB jar and ate just less than half of the jar :eek: , which was then followed by about 4 servings of jarlsburg cheese. I stopped then and forced myself to go to bed, but there were thoughts of making some No Pudge brownies in there too! I'm absolutely disgusted with myself this morning and am promising that that will NEVER happen again!

So I start again today...
B - 2 hardboiled egg whites guacamole, oatmeal and half a grapefruit
S - cottage cheese and a banana
L - salad with shrimp, an apple and a slice of sprouted flaxseed bread with a TINY smear of PB (not the whole jar)
S - half a sweet potato
D - simple grilled chicken with steamed veggies and maybe the other half of the sweet potato...NO dessert

I hope you all are doing a bit better than I.

Have a great day!
Wendi

O.k....I think I am ready to start again! Geez...last week was a bad week. My friend turned 30 and every time I turned around there was something being thrown in her honour! Im glad she only turned 30 once! But this week there isn't anything on the go...oh wait a minute there is! LOL She is having another party Fri night, just the girls...to celebrate HER BIRTHDAY! That shouldn't be to bad though b/c its a going out party and I am bf'ing so I can't really drink.

Wendi, that jar of PP didn't have a chance! LOL Its a good thing you went to bed when you did...LOL Maybe you should get a good cardio workout in today. I bet you will feel better after that.

Im not really sure what my meals will be today but they will look something like this

B- All Bran and skim milk / or Oatmeal
L- WW english muffin, egg and cheese slice/ Fruit
S- Fruit and All bran bites
D- Not sure but I bet my MIL will be cooking

I plan on doing a super long run today!

Lori:)

Hey gals!

I'm ready to start again too. Yesterday was bad for me too. Wendi, you are not alone! We'll just hop back on the wagon and continue. :)It started out OK. DS had a tennis tournament at a park that had no food available. I packed snacks - a baggie of carrots and grape tomatoes; almonds; cherries; peaches . Anyway all went well until we got home. I was tired, so we ordered pizza. I had 2 slices and a can on diet soda. While that isn't horrible, I just felt bad. I hadn't had any soda since Sunday. So, today I plan on grocery shopping and stocking up on more good stuff.

What do you do when your starving and don't have time to fix a decent meal? It's not just for me. I need to feed the family quickly too. A hungry family can be very impatient!

Phyllis
http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hello, everyone!

Glad to see that many feel they can come back after mess ups. Your stories really are inspiring and comforting.

B-at church I had a banana, and a decafe with a tiny bit of cream (Hooray...I passed up the donuts!!)
s-omelet with onion, parm and leftover grilled asparagus
l-plain yogurt with berries, tomato juice with horseradish (virgin mary:p ), maybe a small salad
s-handful of nuts, watermelon
d-don't know yet...a little worried

Have a great clean Sunday!

iris123

Hello Ladies!

I actually did pretty good yesterday minus the flour tortilla that was used for my grilled shrimp ::sigh::

I have noticed it takes a lot of preplanning & prepping to eat clean plus just making sure one has 'clean eats' in the house is difficult when everyone else in the house could give a flying hoot about clean eating x(

So today I started with oatmeal w/ small banana & my coffee

I'm looking forward to receiving my book by Tosca Reno - I hope it comes in soon as locally I could not find it ::sigh::

From there I plan on making a shopping list and hopefully start stocking the house with better eats.

Phyllis,

I know about the hungry family thing. It is so easy to order a pizza and they are all happy when I do! The trouble is that I say to myself "just one piece" and it turns into 2 or 3 and maybe a beer too. Sometimes I make a salad or put out veggies and hummus on the side, but not often enough! It is so hard to always have a healthy and fast meal that will make everyone happy, ready to prepare in 10 minutes!!

iris123

>>
>I have noticed it takes a lot of preplanning & prepping to eat
>clean plus just making sure one has 'clean eats' in the house
>is difficult when everyone else in the house could give a
>flying hoot about clean eating x(
>
>
>

Vilma, I couldn't have said it better! My kids are 18,16,and 13. They have no interest in eating clean. They'll try stuff but...
I grossed them out with soybean loaf the other night. To their credit they tried it and DD#1 and DH actually like it! Well, to the grocery store I go!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was ok. I did have a few glasses of wine while watching "the Closer" with my DH. My food intake was clean though.:) Yeah I know my big speech about cleaning up my act this month, so I feel guilty too!

Wendi, don't beat yourself up, I mean its hard sometimes and we are only human, that is what tomorrow is for, another chance right?:) I think its great you have horses, wow.

Phyllis, same thing, I know when we order stuff like that, I can resist at first, but any leftovers laying around, are begging to be "picked" at. So therein lies my weakness, picking!

Today typically we go to the strip and eat brunch. It is my "cheat" meal, because I love to eat "real" bread dipped in olive oil, vinegar, ,etc...but today we chose an Asian place with fresh dishes. This will make it easier, steamed veggies, fish and a bit of rice.

The rest of the day--

B-fruit,2tbl of peanut butter
S-none
L-brunch with the aforementioned foods
S-ff tortilla with broccoli sprouts, fresh cauliflower
D-large green salad with greens, lowfat dressing andl lowfat cheese

I am also doing "B&G this AM
x(

I'm having such a hard time:(
The week before that I went crazy over Memorial weekend and just kept going downhill.
I tried to go just protein and veggies for only a couple of days. But am having a hard time keeping myself balanced, I really have to find the right path again, grrrr...

I think I'm just tired and my teenagers can be sooooo demanding. They're not rude or anything like that, they have lives where they are extremely busy, clubs, sports, friends, mall, part-time jobs...that I can barely keep up with them, much less my own job, surgery coming up, AND grad school...

Sorry done ranting:)

Lets see for dinner:

Cod, shrimp and a little crab meat/cooked some lite margarine :9
Rice
Carrots and greens

There's light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, I'm sure of it:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Good afternoon eaters. It's hard, isn't it. Yeah, Phyllis, especially with family. My DH groans whenever I mention "clean." He says clean meals like broiled fish, brown rice and a veggie don't fill him up and he's rummaging for junk later on. I've been tweeking meals so mine is semi-clean. Last night I made hamburgers for them and a veggie burger for me. They grumped about the WW buns. They had pasta salad, I had a sweet potato. Thank goodness everyone likes salad. I made DH strawberry shortcake for dessert, but only had unsweetened berries myself.

This weekend has been good for me, but probably because I'm working and it has been pretty busy. I seem to do better when I stick to my daily routine. B-fast and lunch were the same old, same old. Sunday evenings we always meet with friends at my MIL's nursing home and have pizza. I'm going to make a salad and take some fruit. It won't be to hard. I like pizza, but I don't love pizza.

To everyone who fell off the wagon this weekend, don't sweat it. In the whole scope of the history of mankind and the world, will it really make a difference? Drink lots of water and here's a hand up onto the wagon again. When I fall off, as I know I will, I'll be expecting the same lift.

Well, I didn't do too bad y'day. We had company & grilled out so I had a hamburger on a WW bun, some taco dip (but no chips!), veggies w/ dip, and then fruit salad for my dessert. Passed up the S'mores even when my dd gave me half of hers that she hadn't finished. ;-)

So far today...

Liquids ~ 50 oz water, 2 cups coffee

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal, vanilla yogurt w/ berries

Lunch ~ Spinach salad w/ grilled chicken, broccoli, cauli, & cucumbers, FF cheddar, Light asian sesame dressing; serving of baked beans, and the last of the fruit salad

Hey guys,

Are we going to do this again next week? If anything, it is increasing my awareness of what I am putting into my mouth, and I have cut out the extra sugar, so its been helpful to me!:7

Oh, and instead of B&G this am, I did cardio fusion and P90X Ab Ripper.:) Now its off to brunch....

>To everyone who fell off the wagon this weekend, don't sweat
>it. In the whole scope of the history of mankind and the
>world, will it really make a difference? Drink lots of water
>and here's a hand up onto the wagon again. When I fall off, as
>I know I will, I'll be expecting the same lift.

I love this Robin, thank you! You are a very wise woman.

Wendi

I definitely want to continue. It has really helped me with accountability.

For everyone that has had a slip-up, don't sweat it!!! It's not a runaway train that you can't get back on. You jump back on and start again. No use feeling guilty. It's not going to change the past and a slip-up here and there is not going to make a giant difference in your outcome.

I have actually eaten super clean since we started. There are a couple of reasons, I think. For one, DF is doing this with me and he REALLY needs to eat better and lose his beer gut (seriously). If I were to fall off the wagon, I think that would give him an excuse to as well. So, I am trying to be extra good so he won't cheat. Okay, there's also that competitiveness factor...I don't want to have to tell him I cheated and he hasn't!!! Another reason is that he and I said we were going to eat super clean for two weeks, then try to mostly eat clean but not deprive ourselves. So, I think it helps that I feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel if I really have a craving. At times, when the chocolate craving rears its' head, I just tell myself I will be able to have some soon.

Keep in mind, it's just him and me. No kids (except four-legged canine ones), so it's WAY easier than if I had a family to feed. I don't think I would be able to do this with a family not doing it as well (and really, what kid wants to eat super clean?!).

To be honest, I can't see doing it the way I am 100% of the time. I haven't been able to eat out which stinks. Also, there are things I enjoy that I just don't want to give up forever. I don't want to feel deprived. Although, there are MANY things I think DF and I will keep up with. I was shocked when he told me last night that since giving up processed foods, preservatives, sugar, alcohol, etc. that he feels much better. Who would have thought?!

Anyway, my day looked like this:

Workout-Step Blast (so much fun! I really like that one) and abs and planks from SJP.

B: protein shake w/banana, wheat germ, bee pollen, and flaxseed
S: cashews
L: BIG garden salad w/ balsalmic vinegar
D: scallops, calamari, and shrimp sauteed w/ garlic and soy sauce and brown rice
S: not sure yet. Probably cherries and blackbrries or hummus and veggies. Don't know if I will want salt or sweet.

Here's to tomorrow!

I hope I can keep this up (I am feeling kinda deprived right now).

Lorie

Yes, I'd love to continue the check-in,too. It's helped me because, as someone else said, the family just isn't into clean eating. DH thinks he's eating healthy when he has white bread toasted and frosted flakes for breakfast! I'm going to try to make some of Tosca's recipes from the book--which ones have you tried and enjoyed?
Well, today hasn't been too bad:
B--two pieces whole wheat, extra fiber toast, oatmeal, small apple
L--Whole wheat tortilla with hummus and veggies, but then a spoon of lf peanut butter(had to have it!);raw spinach leaves
S--watermelon and slice lf cheese
D--maybe tuna with veggies and yogurt with berries
Have a good evening!
Valerie

Hey Wendi,

We all want to continue, and since Shelley was "checking" us in last week, but hasn't been around this weekend, are you going to keep it going into the next week? :) It does not matter to me, I suggested it, but since I live on the west coast, by the time I drag my sorry butt outta bed, you all are practically eating lunch!
Well not really, but the time difference is alot.:) Whatever you all want to do is cool with me, I am just happy I haven't caved into my sugar demons this week.:)

Oh yes, I definately second and third that we continue into next week. It is taking me a little longer to get back on the "clean eating" wagon than expected but you girls really do inspire:)

If there is nothing already started for the day, I think that whoever gets to the post first should post, we can all take part:) That way not one person is responsible to do the post all the time. TEAM effort:):):)

Well good night everyone...I hope we all have a great week.

I teach Kindergarten tomorrow, so I might be a little stressed, (a good stress, but 'none the less' a draining stress), so I'll have to prepare myself for the stress cravings.

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.