CABs Thurs: guess how many cal's Laura burned contest

RunninTeach

Cathlete
}( }( }(

GM! I totally missed Angie's comment about the HRM the first time around. LMBO when I saw that.

Di :: Poor Zach. Sending speedy get well vibes out your way...I am feeling that way, too—so many workouts, so little time, and right now: so little energy. I try to mentally override any feelings of stress, but I think it takes its toll physically, anyway…The pictures are what I was most worried about…I don’t know how many I have, but it’s a lot! This most recent scare nudged me into backing up. I hope you get some comp time for the extra coverage. I do my taxes early, too. My personal “deadline” is always 2/14.

Angie :: I understand about Facebook. I set it up back in September and then wasn’t really using it for months, but I am now logging in on a regular basis. However, I will say, it's not something that I feel I *need* to check daily. It's just a good way to keep in touch with people who live far away, share pictures privately, etc. I just reconnected with one of my college friends who's now living in Arizona...it's great to be back in touch w/ him. Anyway, yes, IA--that and the forums can be time-eaters, and I thought I might have to ease up given my current schedule, but so far so good. I think it *is* relaxing downtime for me...I just try to keep an eye on the clock.

Wendy :: *lol* about the outfits…I usually do not get hung up on that kind of stuff, but if you’ve seen this Tracey w/out, you’d see how distracting these getups (and the wild hair) are. And the exerciser billed as the martial arts expert has a roll of belly flab hanging out. Now I’m by no means perfect, but if I say if you’re going to be in an exercise video, don’t wear an outfit that displays too much flesh. I just find that unmotivating.

Well, tonight after my chiro, I am aiming to make up last night's missed leg workout and abs. TFH, hold me to it, please!!!

Have a great day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Morning Girls!

Cathy: ITA. You don't have to look like Miss Hard Body USA w/no fat on you whatsoever in order to be fit and be in a video BUT you should DEFINATELY do your best to hide your flaws. Ofcourse, there is the flip-side to this...the fact that lots of unfit, overweight people find a cast of seemingly perfect bodies in a work out video to be completely discouraging and unmotivating which I can understand so perhaps they did this on purpose to prove that this girl is "for real". Fit but not PERFECT.

So I ordered NROL4W and another book I also wanted from B&N called 101 Workouts for Women: Everything You Need to Get a Lean, Strong and Fit Physique. It's literally small groups of 5-6 exercises which can be done in the home (atleast for the most part or I would not have wanted it) for whatever your goal: upper body, lower body, total body, etc. You can do them separately, link a few together. Whatever your fancy. It's a beautifully put together book with color photographs, explanations, etc. It's put out my M&G Hers magazine. I figure it will not only be useful for me personally but will probably also serve as a place to get ideas from for my clients so that I can become even MORE of a TFN!}( }( }( So I got both of these books for $27.00 w/free shipping. These 2 books would have cost me $40.00 + tax at B&N! The downside is that I will have to wait a few weeks to receive them since the 101 book is apparently very popular and could take a couple of weeks to ship and if I have them ship the other one separately then I lose the free shipping. It's probably not a bad thing though cause I am starting the X+ and you know how I can be! The books would be just one more temptation steering me away from committing to the X+ for 3 months! LOL

Alright, now that I've talked your ears off...I'll BBL!:p

RE: CABs Thurs: guess how many cal's Laura burned conte...

Morning Ladies!!!

uummmm .. I would like to think calories burned .. around 500 }( }( }( .. NIIIIIICCCCEEEEEE!!!!}( :D :7

Yes .. had a lovely night!! feeling refreshed this morning .. DH cooked a wonderful supper too .. bless his heart .. I do love that man!!:D .. he grilled deer tenderloin w/onions and bell pepper and baked potato .. and I whipped up a broccoli casserole ... MMM MMM MMM!!!

Angie .. HRM .. RMAO!!!! :) hhmmm .. might try it one night just to see .. I am think it is a major calorie burn when it is a long strenuous session }( GOTTA be around 500 calories right??? LOL;) .. and BTW .. told you .. you had lost your mind w/the workout you had planned yesterday .. you should be feeling some major DOMS today girl!!! Yowza!!

Cathy .. you are gonna make me check into facebook aren't you .. you have my curiosity up now .. I have an aunt in CA that I share pics w/all the time .. Oh .. and you should not feel guilty .. sometimes I think our bodies tell us it needs some rest .. and you should listen to it!!

Wendy ... it is funny to me too about how certain things in videos get on your nerves ..and it seems that once it irritates you once you brain automatically goes to it .. I am that way about "woo hoos" .. and someone hooping and yelling out during cardio in a video .. OMG .. that irritates me so bad!!

Di ... I am hoping Zach is better and hoping the germs stay put and don't spread everywhere .. might better stock up on some Airborne!! What about the babies .. are they doing good?? and has DS straightened out?? I am hoping things are going smoothly .. well as smooth as they can w/newborn twins in the house .. !!

OK .. today is bis and tris - 4DS in the gym at lunch .. tonight is four step torture class .. the toe is MUCH better and w/a bandage I think I will be able to manage the plyos tonight!!

Gotta run my fellow freaks .. unfortunately I am stuck w/PIA AGAIN today .. and probably tommorrow .. the one sick is now in the hospital .. :eek: .. and another two are still in different offices .. Lord grant me patience .. I think since I am feeling so refreshed I can handle it today .. }(

have a great one and great sweaty workouts!:7

Hi Ladies,

No workout for me this morning since I had to come in early. Hopefully tonight I can get in 4DS C&B. The weather was nasty and I ended up driving home in a whiteout blizzard last night. My normal drive is about 20 min and it took me an hour to get home. The drive in this morning took about 45 minutes and the roads were terrible. The weatherman said flurries up to 1 inch. That's not what happened at all. One good thing about coming in early is that I get to leave early. YEAH!!! It really throws a wrench in my workouts though.

Cathy-I think a timesaver rotation sounds great for how busy you are now. Do you have the Body Blast Series with the timesaver disc?

Wendy-What is NROL4W? Thanks for the mdb information. I will keep an eye out for the email. Looking forward to the torture from TFH!

Angie-Yep, I did CC#6 on the elliptical. It was tough and I loved it! I can't wait to try the other CC's. I don't really think anyone enjoys doing their taxes. I will probably start on mine next weekend after we have all of our documents. I use turbo tax so it's not really too bad. Of course I always want more back than we get.

Laura-I'm sure you are in such a good mood today that even PIA can't bother you. The babies are doing great and I love that I get to hold them everyday. :)

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

Laura, Sorry you have to deal with PIA today. :-(

Diana, You should have gotten an email!:) NROWL4W is New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. It's a book that's been gettin' a really good buzz over in the O/F. I couldn't resist picking it up!:+

Cathy, Hopefully you'll get an email next! Thanks for the U/A info btw. I think DH is going to buy it tonight.

I finished my work out not too long ago. I did Turbo Sculpt (with the abs this time) and KBX combos/intervals 4 and 5 as well as the ab/core work. Good work out. :)

I have to get off my butt and shower and straighten up the house. I'm going to train tonight so I don't have tons of time to hang around....

I hope to be back later but if not, definately in the morning!

Later babes!:7

Hey girls!

Wendy :: hmm, that is another point to consider…but you know, I’m thinkin’ the beginners can start out with Richard Simmons tapes if they want to see regular folks workin’ out! :7 Anyway, outfits don’t usually faze me one way or another b/c I don’t wear the coordinated spandex gear like that. (My workout style would fit better in one of Tony’s videos.) But that Kickbox Sweatfest gear is just over the top. The other instructor whose appearance I get fixated on is Skeletor—-er, I mean, Jari. I want to send her a big, juicy hamburger…Oooh, book enabling! I really like the M&F Hers magazine and have been meaning to subscribe. I bet I would like that book. I’ll keep an eye peeled. I still have a B&N gift card from Christmas.

Laura :: I see you’re smiling big today, girl. :7 Would love to hear DH’s reaction to the HRM when you test that out. Definitely check out Facebook & see what you think. If it’s not for you, just cancel the account. No big deal. :)

Di :: Yikes! I’m glad you made it home safely. I don’t have the Timesaver disc, but I think that’s a great idea to use some of the shorter premixes. I kinda hate that I went astray from the BFL-style plan during weeks 2-4. I’m definitely not liking how my pants (how’s this for a telling typo: instead of “pants,” I initially wrote “fats.” !!!!) are fitting. It is time to ring the alarm and regroup here!! Glad you are enjoying time with the babies. Hope DS is snapping out of his funk.

Hi to Ange! What were you up to today?

I did a SloMo/L&G mishmosh tonight. I did not have the attention span to do SloMo as is. So I did one set of each of those exercises and then moved onto L&G:

rear lunges - L
plie squats
rear lunges – R
plie squats
explosive plie squats
calf raises
1-legged dead lifts

Then I wrapped with Bosu Absolutely Abs segment II, which was considerably tougher than segment I. Much more balance involved.

That’s it for me tonight, ladies. Talk you in the AM.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hiya all

I'm here a bit late.....Lost was on and I was a bit engrossed.:7 I took my tax stuff in this morning. Thank goodness the boys had school, but the roads were still horrible! I went to town and was going 35 MPH the whole way and still lost traction a couple of times. That'll wake ya up for sure.:D
I stopped in to see MIL after work and she's really depressed but won't go to therapy or even join in on any groups but complains that she is so lonely. I feel so bad for her, but she has to help herself and she is just unwilling to do so. I so badly want to fix this, but realize I can't and it's bugging the heck out of me. :( ACK!!
So, I got home after having butt DOMS all day (surprise, surprise) and popped in IMAX3 and AR200. OMG....I thought those plyo jacks were gonna kill me!}( Tomorrow is X - C&B. A whole new muscle group to torture.

Wendy - I've heard of NROL4W on spark too. I'd be interested to see what you think of it. Great deal on the books BTW!;-) Isn't amazon great?

Cathy - Great job on that legs & abs workout. Those bosu w/o have me intrigued.
*lol* I can totally relate to your workout gear. I wear old t-shirts and raggy shorts. I figure, hey it's gonna get all sweaty anyways so why dress up?

Laura - 500???!?!?!? Really? That's like doing IMAX2!}( :7 Sad to report that I don't get that long of a workout unless Cathe is in the VCR. Hmmmmm.....something about that just sounds so wrong. LOL!
Hope PIA didn't ruin your good mood. Only 1 more day with PIA.....c'mon girl, you can do it!!! Just think about the CABs when you get home.;-)

Diana - I can relate to the bad road situation. You'd think the weathermen would have more of a clue eh? They mess up all the time here too. Did the boys get a snow day?
Good to hear that the girls are doing well. How are you doing on your sleep?? For some reason, I have a feeling you are running low on sleep as I am sure you are doing more than your fair share at home. Am I right???
If you liked #6 with Sean, I'll bet you'll like #6 with Candace too. Actually I think hers was a bit more challenging if you can believe that.:eek:

Allright...I'd better get my butt to bed. See ya in the morning girls.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.