Cabs n' abs......thurs.....itchin' for the weekend

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, Cabbers! :7 :7 :7

Soooo happy we're edging closer to the weekend!!!! :) I can't imagine what it will feel like to ONLY have to do lesson plans! Ahhhhhh!

Today's plan calls for a walk but I might just sub some other cardio. Will see how late I hate to work and how I feel. I meant: how late I HAVE to work. How's that for a typo? *lol* :) Too good to correct.

Angie :: sweet on the new computer! Hope the data transfer and the insurance process goes smoothly...enjoy that gorgeous weather! You deserve it. :7

Di :: sorry about the new schedule causing snafus in the workout plans...is it a permanent change?...I'm opting not to register, esp. in light of Chicago costs, but if you get into either RT, we will definitely meet up! I'd be more than happy to pick up you & Ange from the airport.

Re: Chicago...it's 26.2 miles...There are some very safe, conservative run/walk programs out there that I think are good bets for people who don't currently run or who may be contending with injury. I'm following a slightly modified plan like this (and may tweak it some more) since I didn't run much this winter and need to rebuild. I believe almost anyone can safely run a marathon. That is my plan: to train SAFE and finish the race, no matter how slow I go. It's been a long-held goal of mine that I let go of for awhile, and now that I'm committed to it, I am just so thrilled that I have others to train and run with. I would LOVE to meet both of you and run this race. OMG! I am already so pumped because several cheetahs (some who have never done a mary and some who have) and one of my local friends here have registered. Several others are still considering, and some are coming--not to run but just to meet up and offer support! AMAZING! As I mentioned on the cheetah thread, I just can't think of a better group of people to share this kind of accomplishment with--cheetahs and Catheites! I know it will be an unforgettable first marathon and GTG. Please consider it! :) :) :) WE CAN DO IT!!!! Everything's easier TOGETHER!

OK, better get ready to teach the kiddos. Have a smoke-free, loverly Thursday!

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I never got back to y'all y'day. BAD DAY!:eek: I'm starting fresh this morning though so it's okay. :)

Cathy: That would be so great if Cabbers came to see you off in Chicago!:)

Ang: I never had the chance to use my jump snap y'day. I have yet to try it w/o sore shoulders but I'm workin' on it! LOL It won't likely happen today as I have a run planned but maybe tmrw. I WOULD like to get to it this week if possible.
YES, throw those old clothes out! My BF is going to be doing just that! She's at the 30 pound loss mark and just bought another size down in jeans. She is thrilled and has vowed to throw her really big sizes out finally! YAY!:D

Laura: Nice DOMS! Glad the house is airing out. Has DH made it up to you yet? ;) }(

Diana: I think the X work outs ROCK for fat loss. How about this?

Weeks 1 and 3

1)Chest and Back
2)Cardio
3)Shoulders and Arms
4)Cardio
5)Legs and Back or your lower body w/o of choice
6)Cardio
7)Rest

Weeks 2 and 4

1)Total Body+
2)Cardio
3)Upper Body+
4)Cardio
5)Lower Body work out of choice
6)Cardio
7)Rest

It's a very simple straight forward rotation that gives you equal days of cardio and weights. I left the cardio wide open so you have the opportunity to change it up to alleviate boredom. You can also change the leg work out all of the time. If you want to add another 2 weeks on to the rotation then you can simply do the other 2 upper work outs from the original X and make each set of work outs for weeks 1 and 4, 2 and 5 and 3 and 6 or just do each week 2x back to back. Many ways to work it and have variety.

So I have an upper body part or 2 to do today along with a run and perhaps some yoga later on. I'd better get moving now though...DS will be up soon and I need to get the weight work done before I get him up!

BBL!

CTX Biceps is done. Not as bad as ME but I think Cathe just LOVES to cause pain when it comes to biceps, huh? }( :7

Good Morning Ladies,

I need to be in to work a bit earlier than normal this morning. I am up and ready to hit PLB!

Cathy-Only lesson plans sounds like such a relief for you. I miss running. I used to run 5 miles every morning before work for years from about the ages of 26-33. It was the only thing that took the pregnancy weight off and kept it off. We have great running trails easily accessible from work. It's just being able to get out and use them that has become a problem. I would absolutely love to go on the RT and meet up with all the other catheites and cabbers!

Wendy-Thanks so much. I will start my new rotation on Monday. It is very doable and very flexible. I'm a little jealous that you are already done with your w/o. IA regarding Cathe's bicep work. My biceps are the weakest link. I often (most) times have to lower the weight from Cathe's weight when doing biceps. I usually start out at her weight and have to drop for subsequent sets.

Good Morning Laura and Angie :)

I gotta PLB started...

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

GM all

Why is it that when I have DOMS I just have such a hard time draggin' my butt out of bed?}( It feels like I've had DOMS for the past 2 weeks straight! Tony's killin me.}( :7 OK...I love it!;-)
I have YogaX on tap for today which I'm not looking forward to, but I'm going to try and tackle a bit of the closet first. I'll probably wait until later this afternoon to do Yoga since I always seem to want to nap if I do my workout earlier.....but I love the sense of accomplishment when I get it out of the way.

Wendy - Tell your friend to have a garage sale instead of throwing her stuff away. She'll get some extra cash and help the environment. Yup, it is a lot of work but I hate to throw stuff away. Maybe she can donate it?
Cathe does like to torture the bi's doesn't she? The part in ME with the barbell kills me every time!

Diana - So am I going to have company in the X?:) I think it's a great time of year to go at it again. Hopefully I'll be a buff babe by the time bathing suit season hits. OK....probably not, but at least I won't be embarrassed to get into a bathing suit.
Grrrrr on the snow!}( I feel your pain. We're getting that cold front now, but no snow in our forecast thankfully!

Cathy - Dare I ask?? When do you have to start worrying about the NB test?
*lol* at the typo.:7 cracked me up!
Thanks so much for the offer to pick up at the airport. That's so sweet of you! I would definitley feel like a fish out of water going to a new place by myself and not knowing anyone. I would feel so much better knowing someone was going to meet me at the airport. I'm going to talk to BF as soon as possible to see if I can even try to go.
26 miles?????:eek: Holy crap!! When is this again? Wasn't it October? How much is the registration cost? Do you make your own hotel reservations? Where are you staying? It does sound like a LOT of fun!! I can't believe I'm even remotely considering this.....

Hey Laura - So what'd ya think of BL? I was glad to see Ali win. I can't believe she got down to 122! She looked awesome!!! Roger looked great too....heck they all did. Although, Mark looked a bit too thin in the face. It's gotta be hard to lose $25K by 1 pound! Ugh!!!! How the heck do you get over that??? I'd be kickin myself all the way home.
How's the house smelling today?

Well, my closet is calling.......

Back to report that YogaX is done! Ahhhhhhh.... Now I can enjoy the rest of my day. I also got about 20 garments out of my closet for the garage sale. There's probably some more I could live without but can't seem to part with them just yet so they'll get at least another year in the ole' closet. Now, I should probably go thru the top shelf and shoes..... Yes, the garage sale is a LOT of work!

Good Afternoon Girls. :)

I did Itread 19/21 intervals at the gym this morning. Always a short but sweet work out! No yoga this afternoon but it could still be in the cards for this evening...

DH isn't going to be around at all until after bowling tonight. He's workin' a little O/T again.

I opted out of training/visit to mom's house tonight since I have an early work start tmrw morning and I get home late so DS ends up lacking in the sleep department.

That being said, I'll likely get bored and end up at Target or Kohl's within a couple of hours. }(

Hit the foodstore after the gym this morning and the park after lunch. Busy day when ya got a toddler in tow. I put DS down for his nap as soon as we returned from the park and went for a nap myself shortly there after. ;)

I'll be back later to see what's going on!
Bye for now!:7

*yawns* Afternoon, girls! :)

I had a meeting I didn’t know about after school, so I’m shakin’ off the workin-late-every-day-this-week grumbles and will relax (ahhhh!), get into Ziggy mode, and enjoy the evening.

Wendy ~ oh, you know it!! I’d absolutely *love* to have more friends to run it with! The list has already grown way beyond what I could’ve hoped for, as it initially seemed there wasn't much interest and it was going to be just me with my mom along for support! I couldn’t be more THRILLED :) :) :)…Hope you had a better day today.

Di ~ that sounds like me…used to do 6 miles daily…but have not had my mileage that high in years. Hope you get out early today, too!

Angie ~ Nice job with YogaX. Now THAT is a marathon session! :) Glad you’ve made some progress with cleaning the closets. I need to do that, too…I am going to start studying after this weekend…Absolutely! You can count on me for airport pickup/dropoff…October 12…registration is $110…My mom and I are staying at the Silversmith Hotel, which is near Grant Park (where the race starts and finishes.) One of the cheetahs just booked there as well. (I went through expedia.) Another friend booked at the Club Quarters Wacker through Priceline. I would be happy to send you some of the training plans I have, if you are interested. SO cool that you are considering it!!!

Where's Laur today?

Might just do my walk in the AM tomorrow. I am truly beat!

Have a great night!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.