Cabs n' abs........Sunday Bliss

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

I didn't make it back yesterday. The day just flew. We had more than just showers--it was quite the downpour for a while there.

Di -- you're welcome. Hope the training plans came through OK. They're jpgs.

Ange -- No, the tail end of the week found me in "up" spirits again. The first couple of days when I really felt like hell were when I was in Oscar mode. :p :7 Did DH make it to the movie? I hope he's feeling better. Would love to see a pic of the lilac bush once you have it planted.

I need to map out my route for this morning and get out there soon before it gets too hot.

Have a wonderful Sunday! BBL...

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning girls

Hope the good weather is finding us all today. We are finally seeing the sun here today. When Cody gets home from Gmas house, he'll have to mow the lawn.
The lilac bush has alrady flowered for this year, so it just looks like a green bush. I chose one with white lilacs on it since Kirby had white on her. Hopefully it will flower next year. I have several lilac bushes out fron already that haven't flowered yet. I'm not sure if it's b/c I'm not a green thumb or if it's that we don't have the best of soil for it. It's pretty sandy where we are.

Cathy - DH is feeling better. He took some flu stuff and has at least broke his fever. Although, he took a "nighttime" med this morning and is draggin butt. Hmmmmm, imagine that!:7 Men, I just don't understand.:p
How are you feeling this morning? Are you gonna try the long run today?
How was your night out last night? Didya manage to have some fun?

Diana - Glad you got some down time yesterday. No chocolate cake??:( I don't have cake very often since I rarely make it, but chocolate is by far my fav!
Do you have any w/o plans in your schedule today?

I don't have much going on today. If I never move off the couch it own't mess up any of my plans. Ahhhhh...just the way I like it. Usually though, when I have no plans is when I get things done. Cam's waiting for me to go down and play MarioKart. I'm sure there will be more Wii therapy today.:)

Have a relaxing Sunday girls

Hey Ange :) -- I'm glad to hear DH is feeling a little better. Smiling about his use of the nighttime meds during the day. I like your choice for the lilac bush. That will look so pretty when it's blooming. What a perfect tribute...I feel good, but I didn't have such a great run, and I do think it's fair and not a copout to say the last lingering bit of crud can probably be blamed for it. It was really sticky out there at 8 am already (need to leave earlier next Sunday), and well, the breathing was tough. I decided to run a loop course (at a park with views of the Philly skyline :)) in case I needed to run back to my car for more tissues or I just couldn't go the distance or whatever. I'm glad for that choice because I *didn't* make the full 10. I ran/walked (with far more walking than I would have liked) 8 and a wee bit o' change. It was slow and it was tough going today. I can only hope that once I feel fully healthy again, these long runs will not feel like death. :p *lol*

Oh yeah, last night was fun -- they always are -- but I definitely needed an early night, so I was home by 10:30. (Training sure does keep me on best behavior. :7) Enjoyed some apps and two CLs and then switched to H2O.

You're makin' me itch for Mario Kart. I need to run out quickly, but I hope to get some sun time, study time, and then catch up on Dexter, my new TV obsession. :7

Hope your Sunday's relaxing, too. There's no hurry for Monday, is there.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hey Cathy - Sorry your run wasn't what you'd hoped for, but just being out there and giving it a shot when you feel like crud is quite an accomplishment and something to be proud of. Oh how I hate the humidity! Thus far this year we've had a very cold spring so we haven't had to deal with that as of yet.
Hopefully the run didn't zap you and you can get some things done. But, if you have to take a nap, that's what Sundays are for right?:)
Good for you for making it an early night. I was DD last night too and never did drink a CAB even when I got home. I didn't figure there was much point since DH was already sleeping in the chair and it would only make me get up in the middle of the night to pee anyways.:p I'm sure I'll make up for it in a couple of weeks when we go to the races.
Nope, no hurry for Monday! We have another safety meeting tomorrow so I will be a walking zombie. I hate starting work at 6am! After I get home, I get to tackle phase 3.:7 It's gonna be a long day and a long week I'm sure since I will have monthlys to do.:(
Off to tackle the pantry.....

I'm back

At the risk of sounding like I'm talking to myself.......

We just went and planted the lilac plant. I know it was hard for DH to get the shovel and start digging again, but it was much easier this time around. The boys helped and we also planted hycinth bulbs around the lilac. I love hycinths' but I've never been able to get them to grow. If they bloom like they're supposed to, it will be absolutely georgeous. I had a bag of brown sugar that a mouse got in to and some strawberries that went bad so we "enriched" the soil with those. Like I said, I'm not a green thumb, but thought it might help feed the plants for a while anyways.

I'm now just watchin' the race and drinking a few CABs. The planting got the tears rollin' again for me.;( I know it's healthy, but I still don't like it.

What are you girls up to today?

Hey Ange ~ nope, you're not alone. :) I am popping in again real quick before test prep. Big ((((HUGS)))). You're right--tears are healthy. Good not to fight it. The memorial site sounds lovely...No nap for me, although I do feel like I could take one. Maybe later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.