:::Cabs n Abs:::Saturday:::

Hi Ya Peeps!:D

My lower body is complainin' this morning. Yep, you guessed it. That darned Meaner Legs gave me DOMS. I would expect nothing less from it though!;)

Today's work out will be some upper body (CTX) and perhaps some cardio or maybe some yoga. Not sure yet.

G2G for now but I'll be back!:)

Hola, amigas! :)

Well, I did not enjoy a run OR a walk last night. x( In a stroke of rotten luck, a sudden and nasty stomachache left me immobile. I was fine all day. Decided to eat dinner first and run a little later in the evening ‘cause it was actually HOT outside. No dice. My stomach started cramping, and I had to lie down, figuring it would pass...I ended up dozing off and didn’t wake up til 9:30 pm! Stinks! BUT I figure I can double up the next two days and still get in all the scheduled workouts for the week, so no big thang.

Angie :: So, did you look over the health insurance stuff?...The race will cap at 45,000 registrants…I read somewhere that it usually fills about 6 months before…Last year’s reached the max by mid-April…Do you have a Garmin?

Di :: a Garmin for Mother’s Day sounds like a fab idea! Are you registered?...^^^ 5s on a great run!

Wendy :: sounds like a great workout. Glad you’re enjoying your Jump Snap.

Hi Laura, if you happen to come by. Hope all is well.

OK, girls...have a terrific Saturday!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Diana: ITA that a Garmin for Mother's Day sounds like a perfect gift. :) After doing LL I know I could have gone heavier then Cathe for most of the exercises but it had been so incredibly long since I'd done that one that I didn't want to jump the gun. Heck, I think the last time I did it, I wasn't even MATCHING Cathe's weight! Yes, Cathe makes me feel like a total wimp when it comes to biceps too.
Great run y'day! Good job. Enjoy the X this morning. :)

Ang: Do you add weights to alot of the exercises in L&B? I used to only add weights to what Tony told you to but the last few times I've added weight to everything I could and heavied up where possible. DOMS CITY!!!! You should try it some time!}(

Cathy: Sorry about the stomach issues y'day. I hate when that happens. You should have plenty of free time to make up those work outs this weekend though!;)

I'm back.

My work out is done. :)

I did CTX w/u and chest work (OUCHEES!), TJ 20 min cardio & XFlowsion Calm Down Dog Yoga. I couldn't make up my mind so I just did a leetle bit of everything. ;)

>FYI - Ange and Di - After digging around, I've
>read that Chicago is expected to close registration any day
>now!!!

WOW! That race sure fills up fast! I'll have to remember that just incase it's my choice for 09!;)

Ang and Di: Are you seriously considering running w/Cathy? I know she'll love to have you as fellow marathoners or as "cheerleaders" alike. Whatever you decide, if you go, ENJOY IT FOR ME!

Happy Saturday Cabbers

I slept in really late this morning. I must've needed the extra ZZZZZ's.:)
I have some cleanmax on tap for today and also KenpoX. I'd like to go on a short run, but Cam has a friend over today so I don't dare leave them home alone. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day so maybe I'll sneak a run in there.

Diana - I'm considering the marathon but am a bit reluctant since I've never run anything before. Still -- I'm intrigued. I know I'll never get into running if I don't have a goal to shoot for. Are you going?
Awesome -- now I have a partner in X land.:)
I think someone, maybe a fellow cabber, told me that you can take your polar in to a jeweler and get the battery replaced instead of sending it in. My polar has had a low battery reading for almost a year now and I still haven't taken it in and it still works fine. I'm waiting for it to totally quit before I replace the battery.
You reminded me that I still need to buy an ipod. *lol* Tis the season that I think I could really use it. I'm also interested in the weight vest, but I think I'm going to wait until I get STS to see if I really want one.

Wendy - Awesome w/o yesterday! Meaner legs *lol* Had to chuckle at that one.
Yes I add weight to L&B. I add 15# DB's to the calf work and that does add the DOMS. The next time I need to heavy up the weight there too. There's only a couple of exercises that I don't add weight to that challenge my balance like the 3 way lunges.
IA with you and Di about the Cathe bicep torture. It makes me mad that I can't match her. Someday I hope to have biceps like wonderwoman Cathe. :)

Larua - I know you probably won't check in since it's the weekend, but I sure hope you are OK. Hopefully not another stone attack.:(

Cathy - I looked at Wii Fit. It looks interesting. I think I'm going to wait on that since I already have such a long wish list.
Hope your belly is feeling better today. What a bummer about last night.
Nope - I didn't get into the health insurance stuff. I got into the CABs instead. LOL! I'm thinking the 2 wouldn't mix very well. I only had a couple, but it was enough to totally get me out of the "I should do something productive" mood. Hopefully I can get back into that mood today.
I don't have a garmin. How much do they usually run?
I would be interested to see how you are preparing for the mary. Aren't you following a workout plan to prepare?
Thanks for the registration information. ACK! I sorta needed a little more time to decide. I'll be thinking about this all day!!!

Off to contemplate and get another cup o joe. Have a great Saturday girls.

I need a swift kick in the pants!:eek: The USA channel is having a NCIS marathon -- can't seem to unglue my eyes from the boob tube. Help!!! I'd better start cleaning some things up during the commercials. *lol* It's bad today.:7

Hi ladies,

I've had a busy morning already. I did P90X C&B and you know what, I don't remember it being this hard! I am sure my back will be sore tomorrow. I use a chair and it tends to slide on me a bit. I put my 2 35lb db against the chair legs and that solved problem. I wish I would've thought of this with the first round I did. After showering I headed to Jerod's football game. They ended up scrimmaging but it was still fun to watch. I've also done 5 loads of laundry!

I went shopping last night at a new shopping center about 4 miles from hom that just opened 2 weeks ago. I bought 2 new pair of w/o capris and they are too big.:) I also bought a w/o tank top and tshirt to match my capris. I'm heading back to the shopping center to exchange my capris and walk around the rest of the stores.

Wendy-you are too funny. Since you couldn't decide what to do you just did it all!!! I thought I was the only one who couldn't hang with Cathe's bicep work. I feel a lot better now.

Cathy-so sorry to hear you weren't feeling good. I'm not registered but I am still thinking about it. I'll check out the link here in a bit.

Angie-I slept in a bit myself this morning. Thanks for the info about the jeweler. I'm still sending them in since polar will check the receiver and transmitter and do any repairs necessary. I'm also looking at the trade up feature which is 30% off any new Polar model. My A5 isn't offered anymore so maybe I could get one that provides distance as well. I can barely see the display on my F11 is so faded, that's why I'm sending that one in. I'll let you know if and when I register for Chicago.

Hi Laura-hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Diana

I typed this long post following my run, but it vanished, and then I had to jet off to the movie. It was cute but nowhere near as entertaining as Run, Fat Boy, Run. :7

So, let me try again.

Angie :: my stomach feels fine today. It must have been something I ate…Yes, I am following Jeff Galloway’s “To Finish” plan...and will likely tweak it a bit. Basically, his marathon training programs emphasize walk breaks. To give you an idea of what my program looks like, the first week involved 3 walk/jogs (I ran but took a couple of walking breaks), 2x XT, and 1 long run of 3 miles. Each week, the walk/jogs increase by 5 minutes and the long run increases by 1 mile until you get to 11-12. After that, long runs are every other week. Galloway actually suggests you run/walk one long run of 26 miles, but I haven’t seen any other plan which advocates this. Usually 20-22 is where you max out, and I'll probably follow the more traditional route. We'll see. He also has a beginner plan which has you walking 3x a week and run/walking 3x…See—you have already proven yourself able to last for a marathon :7…I say, SIGN UP!!! :7 :7 :7

Di :: good idea for keeping the chair from sliding…you’ve accomplished a lot today already!...Woo-hoo on the capris being too big. Enjoy doing that return!!!

This morning's run was a good one--however, pretty hot! Later, I'll fit in a brisk walk. However, I was mistaken this morning--even with my double-up plan, I am one run short this week, but I don't consider it too catastrophic.

All right, girls, enjoy your night!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.