CABS n' abs: raise up cups of X-mas cheer!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, cabaronis! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_elfgrin.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_elfgrin.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_elfgrin.gif

It’s ridiculously early, but I’m up, anyway. A nap later may be in order.

So, no one took a gander at my thread title yesterday. Guess that means y’all ain’t into ol’ school rap. *lol* That's all right. I'm keeping myself amused. ;) :7 It was a lyric from “Christmas in Hollis” by Run DMC. Today's is from "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses. Yeahhhh, I'm an 80s junkie.

Angie :: Did the storm drop that snow on ya? I would love to have a white Christmas!!! How was the party? Hope that headache disappeared for you. I smiled at the image of the boys shaking all their presents…Definitely want to see the basement pics! Sounds like a dream room…That’s awesome that you are feeling results already!!! I don’t use the poles when I use the EXT. Sometimes I grip the handles, but more often than not, I try to swing my arms like I would when running. Try that sometime…it is supposed to work your core a little more. I definitely need to look into HIIT. I read over on the O/F that Gayle (Banslug) achieved her results with heavy lifting, 20 min. of HIIT 3x a week, and a BFL diet.

Wendy :: sounds like another fun day for you. How did Joey enjoy the lights?

Di :: How’s poor Jerod doing? Shame to get sick right before a holiday…Big congrats to him (and you!) on the high honors! That is a real achievement during a time in school when some in their early teens are starting to “check out.”…Sounds like a fun time shopping with Cody…I hadn’t had a cut since October, which is a little long. My hair tends to get shaggy and frizzy and hard to control if I wait too long. But man, I love my stylist. I wish I could get it to look like this every day…It is so smooth when she blows it out.

The directions to the church yesterday were pretty straightforward and I made it there with no problems. It's a beautiful church that's smack in the middle of filth, but it was middle of the day, so no problem. Feel really bad for my friend, though. His mom was the same age as mine...She had had some health problems for a time but really let things go and stopped taking care of herself. The last time she was hospitalized, her heart was functioning at 5%. She recovered somewhat, but they knew her time was limited. They just weren't expecting it this soon. I was sitting there next to our other friend, who lost her mom suddenly two years ago. It dawned on me that everyone in our particular work group lost their moms young except for me. I am sad for them...Anyway, it was a beautiful service.

In the afternoon, I went to see a matinee of Juno, about a 16-year-old girl who gets pregnant. Two thumbs up! It was funny and heartwarming and unpredictable. Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner, and Allison Janney are in it. Read some buzz that Garner and the girl who played the lead may be up for Academy Awards for their roles. One thing that completely appalled me, though, is the dad who came in with what looked to be a 12-year-old and maybe -- at best -- a 7-year-old. Not an appropriate film for the elem school set. DUHHHH!

I want to run out early this morning and beat the crowds for a few last-minute things before my trip. I am hoping to find a contour twist pillow for the flight, and I need to pick up some hand/foot warmers as well as a new battery for my digital cam. So, despite my holiday "rule" to stay out of a 1-mile radius of the mall, I am still gettin' out there in this wild mix, anyway! *lol*

My dad has been sick, so yesterday after the movie, I did some shopping for him. He needed to buy a gift for our unisex family swap, which is always a challenge to buy for. This is what I bought along with some scented tealights:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PVZqCFCTL._AA262_.jpg

I thought it looked cool. What do you think?

I thought he might protest and want to give something more "manly," but he was fine with it. I told him to attach the gift receipt to the box. That way, whoever winds up with it can just get the money back if they don't like it.

Today's workout will be 4DS CST, probably a leg mishmosh of some kind, and either an outdoor run or time on the EXT.

OK, my little novella here is done. Hope you lovelies have a GREAT day with some time to chill...

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/julrumf.gif

BBL!

Good Morning Cathy and all who follow.

Cathy: How sad that all of your friends in that group have lost thier moms at young ages. :-( I can't believe you are headed to the mall...you are CRAZY!!!! LOL Enjoy your work out today-you've got lots planned! The light show was OKAY. I personally didn't find it worth the money we paid but Joey enjoyed it. In addition, we've been wanting to check it out for years so now we have and now we know. :) BTW, I love the gift you bought for your dad to give. I love candles and I would hang that up in my home in a heartbeat!

I have yoga on tap for today but will likely add some cardio to it. Tonight we are heading over to my mom's for a chinese food dinner and to exchange gifts with her and her BF. We will be together on Christmas Day but we are going up to my sister's house. There will be a TON of gifts to be opened up there with all of her kids so we decided to cut down on the pile by exchanging on our own earlier.

GTG refill the ol' coffee cup!

BBIAB!:)

Morning girls http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/party-090.gif

It's raining hard here this morning and taking away all the snow.:-( It's supposed to get cold and turn to snow later in the day but now it sounds like we're not going to get as much snow as originally thought. Since we have another Christmas party tonight, DH will drive and take the truck since white-out conditions are expected.

Cathy - Sean took my headache away yesterday.:) I think I'm in love! LOL! The party last night was fun.....I got some weight gloves and a band with a door jam attachment. I also got a new grill for the camper and a few other things. Dinner was good too. I was ready to go and get to bed at 10:30 though. Then was up pretty early for me again this morning....DH said "who are you and what did you do with my wife." LOL I told him he was too darned loud in the morning and it's too hard to sleep in when he's here.
I'll have to try that with my arm swinging on the EXT. I was surprised about how the EXT really digs into the core. I was not really expecting that either. It is definitely a piece of equipment that I'm glad I have.
I've heard about HIIT too and just kind of let it go. I don't know why I don't really listen to things when they keep getting said over and over. Usually those are the things that I really NEED to listen to. Like BFFM....it took me forever to finally get that too. I've heard on a muscle building site too that HIIT is necessary in a weight training routine.
You never know what kind of opportunities you might come upon today. Good luck in your travels and I hope you get pleasantly surprised.

Diana - Hope the airborne works for Jarod. Stinks to be sick at this time of year but maybe he'll shake it before the big day. At least he has a few days off now to recoup.
Sounds like you are getting that Christmas (bonding) spirit. Looks like you are making the most of your vacation time.
I hear you on the cleanmax....gotta go and do that soon. I need to get the house ready for Christmas today!

Wendy - Ohhhhhh....your treats sound yummy!:9 It sounds like you have lots of fun in your future. Hope Joey is lovin' it!

I better get going.....lots to do. I think I'm going to do PowerHour today. I'll need more time on my side tomorrow, so I'll take my rest day then. I'm hoping I can still get a good w/o in on Christmas day. We'll have breakfast for a few people at the house then open gifts then will have down time until 4 when we have dinner at the hall. So I should have a few hours in the afternoon to kill.

BBL girls

Angie

Good Morning Cabettes!

I was up unusually early for a Sunday morning. I still have a lot to get done, mostly wrapping presents. I still need a few stocking stuffers too-yikes.

I'm doing cardio fusion mix & max 80 min cardio today. I can't wait, it is one of my favorite premixes!:) The DOMS in my quads is finally subsiding.

Jerod is still coughing this morning. I hope he gets over this bug soon. DH and Jerod are heading out shopping this morning.

Cathy-I love the gift you picked out. I actually love candles but have a terrible fear of starting a fire. The ones that hang on the wall are usually for decoration only, but I love them just the same. Good luck braving the mall. Since you know exactly what you need, and you're going early it should be fine. Good Luck.

Wendy-What kind of cardio are you doing today? A step workout perhaps?? I agree, the cost of the light shows are always pretty expensive. We have the Zoo Lights, and they are beautiful. But its always so cold at night and its also expensive.

Angie-I laughed at your comment about the kids shaking the packages under the tree. My kids are not allowed to touch or guess any gifts under the tree. And-if they know what their gift is, I take it back. I also don't put everything under the tree until xmas eve night. I like it to look like there is more presents. DH laughs at me because I have the gifts all wrapped and stacked in our bedroom closet.

Time for me to head to the basement for my cardio fix-yay!!!

BBL

Di

Angie: Hope you enjoyed doing power hour today!

Diana: I am not sure what cardio is on tap for today. I thought about a run but I've decided against it. I'll stay home and do something instead.

Hi girls.

I'm back to report my work out and then I have to get in the shower...

I opted for Kickmax kickbox/bootcamp challenge (50 mins) and then followed it up with StretchMax #1 in lieu of yoga. Great work out! I hadn't done KM or SM in ages so it was a great change of pace. :)

I don't know if I'll get back here before I head out for the evening so have a good nite and I'll definately be back in the morning!:)

A quick reporting of my workout:

[ul]
[li type=square]4DS CST
[li type=square]4DS KB core work on the BOSU
[li type=square]leg mini-mosh: GS Legs --> front lunge (2 sets on BOSU), DB plie squats (2 sets), leg press (1 set on BOSU), wall squats (1:15 both legs, 30 sec. single leg, 1:15 both legs, 15 sec. single legs)
[li type=square]pullups: 4 assisted
[li type=square]chinups: 4 assisted
[li type=square]20 min. interval cardio on the EXT @ 10 degrees (4 one-min. intervals)
[/ul]

Will be back later to do personals after I shower and scare up some dinner.

Hola, friends! :) :) :)

Thanks for the feedback on the wall sconce. I like it, too, but I guess the men won’t be thrilled if they pick it. Oh well. The whole thing’s meant to be fun, anyway…I am trying to introduce some new “rules” to the swap this year to make it more interesting, and some of the ol’ fuddy duddies are squawkin’. *lol*

Wendy :: yeah, I know…I’m nuts! *lol* But I went out early, so it wasn’t too bad…I didn’t find the camera battery or the travel pillow, but I did get us some packs of hand and toe warmers, and I bought myself ski mittens (normally, I wear gloves, but I think the mittens will keep my hands warmer). How was the early X-mas at your mom’s?

Angie :: it’s warm, wet, and windy here, so it’s not feelin’ much like Christmas, either…Glad you had fun at the party…I confess, I have to refresh myself on the difference between HIIT and interval training…I’ll go google after I post here.

Di :: what are zoo lights?…So were DH & Jerod shopping for YOU, by any chance? Hope you had fun with your w/out! Was Cardio Fusion the bonus DVD that came with the previous workouts? *looks around sheepishly* http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_Sheepish.gif I think I’ve never looked at that one.

I have decided after Christmas that I want a Wii. I have not had a gaming system since I was in college, but from what I've heard, this system is a lot of fun - AND lets you be active, too. I think I will love the boxing and virtual skiing games.

Have a great night, girls! Talk to you in the AM.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

BTW, opinions wanted, fellow Cabbers!

I finished my 4-week rotation today and think it may be time to break from my beloved 4DS, which I've been using regularly since we rec'd it in October.

So I am debating...

Do I return to a circuit rotation?

Or do I stay with heavy weights and opt for HIIT 2-3x a week? I'm thinkin' 3 cardio, 3 weight days, 1 yoga/stretch.

My primary goal is FAT LOSS!

Any advice is appreciated. I will start the new rotation on 1/7.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.