Cabs n' abs....positive vibes for Kirby Friday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls-- :)

I was fooling with the Wii Fit last night, so I didn't get to 4DS CST. Will probably do that tonight along with some cardio TBD. I have an appt. at 4, so it'll be a little after that. I am VERY glad to see Friday and a three-day weekend!

See yesterday's thread for personals. :) :) :)

The Wii Fit is pretty cool. http://www.wackyb.co.nz/vb/images/smilies/mazeguy/thumbsup1.gif I tried a sampling of the strength training, yoga, and balance sections after having my center of balance, weight, BMI, and "Wii Fit Age" calculated. (I never go by BMI because I am heavier than I look, but I did it for the heck of it, anyway.) It allows you to set a weight loss goal. In the strength section, I did one-legged extensions and pushups/side planks. In yoga, I did tree, and in the balance portions, I did ski jump, ski slalom, and a balance game where you have to try to get a ball or balls to roll through a hole using your balance. The more activity points you rack up, you can begin to unlock new games/exercises. Then, I tried my We Ski game using the balance board. Fun! I definitely need to learn how to go down the moguls. I did a couple of face plants. (Sort of like real life, only less painful! *lol*) Anyway, as everyone here knows, this is NO substitute for any workout, but it was still fun.

Hope it's a good-news **UP** Friday for everyone. http://www.wackyb.co.nz/vb/images/smilies/mazeguy/crossfingers.gif http://www.wackyb.co.nz/vb/images/smilies/mazeguy/crossfingers.gif http://www.wackyb.co.nz/vb/images/smilies/mazeguy/crossfingers.gif Will get back later to see how Kirby girl is.

Happy Memorial weekend to all! http://forum.mambo-foundation.org/images/smilies/usa2.gif

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Girls.

Cathy: Thanks for the feedback on Wii Fit. Sounds neat but I'm going to hold off and see what else is out there. The Dance Party game has me tempted even though I'll probably be awful at it! LOL So what's this skiing game you have?? That could be something I might go for!!!}(

Ang: I'm thinkin' of Kirby!!!!

I was going to get in today's weight work out early but my son did not think this was a good idea apparently. He called me upstairs because he has peed through his diaper and went nutty when I told him he was going back to bed for a bit. He's usually pretty good about it so I let him get away with it this morning. He's watching cartoons and playing as I type this. I'll work out at nap time.

I was last to post personals last night so I guess I'm outta things to say...

I'll be back later!

Hi Ladies,

It's just been a hectic week and I didn't get a chance to post yesterdayx( I did Stepblast yesterday morning and it was tough. It's one of Cathe's shorter cardio's but she definitely works ya.
We've had stuff going on every night after work. Jerod had a bb game monday night, practice Tues, Choir concert Wed, summer camp parents meeting Wed, practice Thurs...and it's finally Friday.

I made it to my WW meeting where I was down 1.2lbs. I'm really trying to track my food and stay on track. My rec ctr offers a 12 nutrition plan where you work with a dietition/nutritionist and a trainer. It's kind of expensive but I am considering giving that a try-just not yet.

We had terrible rain and hail where I work. There were 7 tornado's that touched down and did major damage. They were north of where I live and work. The whole town of Windsor is pretty much destroyed. There has only been one reported fatality and that was a 52yr old gentleman that lived in a mobile home. My heart goes out to them.

I got a shipping confirmation on the garmin and it should get here today.:) If I have a chance to figure it out I might try wearing for my 10K on Monday. I think my Amy Bento's DVD's should get here either today or tomorrow.

I'm going to read NROL4W, but am not sure if I really want another program to follow right now. I'm really enjoying the P90X (can't believe I just said that) and trying to get back into running. STS will be here soon, I'm guessing July and my bootcamp class starts soon.

I have the best MIL, really. She is going to help me plan the menu and cook for Zach's graduation party. She's coming over Saturday to see her great grandbaby girls and help me. She's wonderful and always has been!

Cathy-It sounds like you have training information overload going on. I've looked at TT numerous times but haven't bit the bullet yet. My kids laughed at me because I told them I was going to buy wii fit. It sounds like great fun-although I'm sure the laughing at mom will never stop! Have fun at BC tomorrow.

Wendy-I hate when I've ordered a healthy meal and it comes drowned in butter. It still sounds like you made the best choice possible. How do you like the gymboss? I think I might mention this to my trainer at the rec ctr. She uses a stop watch for our intervals and this might be right up her alley. I bought a food scale from Target when I was following Ms. Fit's program. They are a very useful tool.

Angie-I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibrations today. Please let us know how the ultrasound goes today. You have a wonderful camping trip planned for the weekend. Those are all the kinds of foods we took when we went camping. I hope you and the family can relax and enjoy the weekend.

Laura-Super Triple Set Shaping!!! You must be feeling guilty for taking a week off and now your class is paying for it! I'm sure they missed ya and will endure whatever torture you have planned. Glad to hear that PIA was put in her place. Hopefully you won't have any more issues with her.

I had every intention of doing another leg workout today but I slept in. I will be going to the rec ctr for the Butts & Guts class at lunch. I'm tellin' you, this instructor has the best ab moves that really leave my abs on fire and definitely sore the next day.

TGIF Ladies!

Diana

Morning Ladies ..

I am so freaking sore from my triple set torture ... OMG .. there is not one muscles that does not hurt!!! :eek: and it did not help that afterwards I went home and worked in the pool room till 10:30 last night .. washing the tile w/a wrag by hand w/buckets of water .. OMG .. my shoulders are fried .. DH got a bit sloppy w/some of the grout .. and didn't do a good washing of it .. and it was hard as H### to get it washed off the tile .. but we are almost done now!! :) :)

Angie .. sending good vibes for Kirby and send some prayers for Kirby and you!!! Hoping for the best possible news .. our thoughts are w/you!! Hope you are able to have the BEST camping trip ..

Cathy .. I saw a segment on Wii fit .. looked fun and interesting .. the balance board looked the funnest .. and if the skiing really immitate real skiing .. HA .. I would be face down most of the time!!LOL

Wendy .. love the new avatar pic!! I swear girl measuring ALL your food .. how do you find the time! I need to get my mindset back to eating clean (well clean for me) ... my mind is still on vacation .. but at least the body is making a comeback! LOL

Di ... I am glad you have a good MIL .. that makes things sooooooo nice .. hope the graduation party is a complete success!! I think you should go for the nutritionist and trainer .. heck check them out at least .. make sure they are qualified .. b/c as much as you exercise and know about nutrition you probably know more than the average joe!!

Well .. since my body is in major DOMS pain .. another rest day .. well except for "date night" festivites!!!}( }( SIL and I are going out to eat at lunch .. something we RARELY do!!!!

This weekend I plan on staying at home .. working on the pool room .. doing some gym style w/o's and fit a couple of runs in .. and then relaxing by the pool w/some CABS ... :D .. I am sure there will be BBQ in there somewhere too!! I hope all of you have a wonderful and SAFE holiday! THREE DAY WEEKEND WWWWOOOOOOOOO HHHHOOOOOO!!!!!:7 :7

Hiya girls

Just a quick check in as I don't have time to read posts or do personals b/c we are leaving in about 15 minutes.:eek:

But, I wanted to let you girls know the positive vibes WORKED!:) :D :7 We took Kirby in this morning and the vet did the ultrasound. It showed the mass and he said that it was on the spleen and it looked like it had ruptured which was not good news b/c he said if it was cancer, then it would have leaked into her abdomen and planted the cancer seed. However, b/c it was on the spleen, DH and I decided to go ahead and have the surgery done. The vet was able to do the surgery right away (as luck would have it). Well, she got thru the surgery and is now gorked out on meds and she was getting a unit of blood when we left. However, the vet said she should be ready to go home tomorrow afternoon. (huge sigh of relief)He said there was no sign of any spread of cancer, but then again, I don't remember him mentioning if the mass was cancerous or not. He said the mass he removed was on her kidney and it was the size of a softball. He also took almost a liter of blood/fluid out of her abdomen, which is a large amount for a 30# dog. He said she is thru the roughest part and that he expects (if everything goes well thru the night) she should make a full recovery! Yah!!!

I really wish I could pick her up tomorrow, but since we made plans with another couple to go camping, we have to go. She'll do fine with my mom and dad and it will be quiet and relaxing at her house. We also don't want to take her camping since it would be too exciting for her right now. But, that being said, I know I'll be itching to get home early to see her.

I'm so excited and grateful that I can't even tell you. Thank you girls soooooo much for all your well wishes, vibes, and support! It really means sooooo much.:)

OK - I gotta jet! I'll catch up with you all next week, hopefully Monday night. I hope you ALL have a wonderful holiday weekend!!! I know I'll be having a few CABs for ya all!!!!

Oh, and Di - Best of luck on that run this weekend! I'll be toasting ya. Cheers!!!

Angie ..

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA {{{{{{ doing the happy dance all over the asylum }}}}}}}} I am relieved for you!! That makes this long weekend EVEN better:D :D :D :7 :7 :7

thank God!!! I know that is like a ton of bricks off your shoulders and heart!! Wonderful news to start your camping trip!!!

We got a sprinkle of rain .. but I think it missed my place! Dang it .. looks like most of it is going South of us ... we sure need it .. but I hope the weekend clears and I can catch some rays out by the pool this weekend!!

OK .. everyone be careful .. traffic is HORRIBLE .. all the beach traffic is crowded in our little town .. it gets so congested here on Holidays! I am ready to get my butt home .. and sit down and enjoy a CAB!! LOL

I am so glad we got good news on Kirby ... everyone have a great time this weekend .. stay safe .. and drive safe!! I will BBL to check in w/you guys!!:7

ps: I added some Vegas Pics if you wanna look!!

Hey Girls!

YAY for Kirby the wonder dog! She's gonna be fine! How awesome is that!?!? :7 :+ :7 :+

Just a quickie to report that my work out is done. I almost didn't do it cause I am lacking sleep and didn't think I had the energy but I pushed and now that it's done I'm glad I did it!;)

Off to grab food and a shower.

I'll be back later for personals!

Toodles Peeps!:)

Hi ladies,

Angie that is wonderful new about Kirby. It will be nice for Kirby to recover in a quiet environment with your folks. Thanks for toasting me-my run is on Monday and my new garmin 305 should've been delivered today!

Wendy-great job pushing through that workout. Sometimes you just gotta do that.

Laura-have a great weekend, enjoy your time poolside!

I did make it to the Butts and guts class at lunch. We used the gliders-my inner & outer thighs are really feeling that. We also did lots of lunges and leg kicks and tons of ab work. Glad I didn't do legs this morning after all.

Have a great weekend ladies,

Diana

Laura and Ang: Have awesome weekends girls!

Diana: Glad you were able to make it to your class at lunch. Sounds like you'll have some killer DOMS in the morning!}(

Cathy: How does it feel to have a nice 3 day weekend ahead of you? :)

Hola, Cabbers! :)

First, I know Angie's already on the road, but I have to say what a relief it is to hear good news for Kirby!!! :)

Wendy -- We Ski is the game my DSis gave me for my b'day...It's cute, and as previously posted, really puts ya in Zen skiing mode. You can even ski at night with fireworks. :)

Di -- glad to know those twisters missed you. Sorry for the affected families, though. Mother Nature can be wicked nasty! Wonderful about MIL coming to help. How many people do you have coming? Sounds like another butt-kickin' class you're taking. Congrats on the loss at the scales & enjoy your new Garmin!

Laura -- enjoy your pool time this weekend. Will check out the pics soon as I post this.

4DS is done. I also opted for Kickbox Core Cross Train by Patricia Moreno. This was another b'day gift that just arrived this week. I did the combo segment and "core energizer" segment and did feel a good burn in the core, but I wouldn't say this felt like true cardio. However, there are three other segments on the DVD, so I'll reserve judgment til I try them all. Initial impressions, though, are that this makes a good add-on. I suspect I could be feelin' it in the obliques tomorrow. The only thing I didn't like was that Moreno started to yak a bit much. The setting (outdoors in a canyon in UT) was gorgeous. I was tempted to hop on the EXT afterward but then decided I ought to save something for tomorrow morning's boot camp class and Sunday's long run. Lighter was probably better for today. I did spend some more time havin' fun with Wii Fit. This time I tried heading the soccer balls -- too funny. You have to not only head the balls but you have to duck getting whacked in the head with a wayward cleat or a panda head (better not to ask). :) I also tried some of the aerobics games, like the hula hoop and running. In the running game, you step off the balance board and run in place holding the Wii remote. The screen tells you to stay behind your pace setter...well, of course, I tried to pass him, and wouldn't you know, he tripped me! :7

All right, girlies...I can't believe it's almost 9 pm. Time to settle in & relax. Have a great night!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.