Cabs n' Abs n' Friday...a delicious combo

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!

I am up early enough to do my workout, but since it’s yoga/stretch day, I’m not too worried about my energy level this afternoon and will wait until then.

I am finally getting my hair cut (trimmed) today, and I can't wait to fix this frizzy mess!

Angie :: what an awesome way to help DH forget a rotten day…you are such a thoughtful person!…Hmm, as for sunny getaways…how about a weekend in Key West? Vegas makes for a good long weekend getaway, and there are always deals to be had…Or maybe an all-inclusive in Mexico or the Carribbean? My favorite sites at the moment are Hotwire, Tripadvisor, Expedia, and Pinpointtravel…The boards won’t really “help” with the NB stuff exactly, but it would be evidence I could use to show that I am committed to my students and how they learn. It is all about evidence – proving that the decisions you make lead to student learning…I do feel more energized with early morning workouts…everything that I loved about it before still holds true…I feel a sense of accomplishment that it’s done and it sets a good tone for the day...the past two days I’ve felt like I can conquer anything…whereas earlier in the week, I was in a bit of a slump. So even though it’s more of a challenge to get going THIS early, I think I can make it work. The only downside is that I have been going to bed even earlier, but I can live with that...No plans this weekend or next: just work.

Hi Wendy, Di, and Laura! (See last night's thread for personals.)

Have a fab Friday!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cabbers!:)

Laura: I would have a freakin' panic attack if I had to have an MRI done!!!!! Glad you weren't bothered by it. I hope everything comes up OKAY! I am a beer girl at heart myself but every once in a while I find something I really like and will change it up for a while. :9

Diana: I have to order GS cookies from my sis' kids. I'm not looking forward to it. LOL Good job on the weight loss. It's great when you see a loss despite some bad food choices or a missed work out or 2. :)

Angie: Sorry your DH had such a bad day. Glad you were able to cheer him up though. :) I hope today is better for him.

Cathy: You will have to change your avatar to a pic with the new do after you get your hair cut!

So now A/C is no longer and option and I think DH is still sick. x( My BF told me they cancelled thier A/C jaunt due to family issues that both her and her friend are having. They will likely hang out at some point over the weekend anyway so I still have some sort of back up plan. It just won't be as exciting as A/C.

My work out is up in the air until I get out of work today and see how DH is feeling. He is apparently not going into work or he'd be up and out the door already. If he feels better by the time I get home from work then I will nix Core Syn and do cardio in hopes of going skiing tmrw. If he's still sick when I get home then Core Syn it is as I highly doubt the ski trip will happen. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls!

So I've been logging my food since I started the X+ 2 weeks ago and watching what I eat and guess what!? As of today my bf% and weight are BOTH down!:) The food log has really helped keep me honest and make me very aware of what I put in my mouth. Perhaps I should keep one forever. :)

BBL!

Morning Ladies ..

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day .. we know Angie's DH did!! WOW Angie .. nice going .. that sounds like MY perfect Valentine date!! LOL

Cathy - kudos to you for being able to get up and workout b-4 work .. I could never do that .. sometimes in the spring I will get up early and go for a quick 20 min. run w/the dogs .. but it is WAY too cold right now ... but my body and brain just does not function in the morning .. I am the night owl .. have so much more energy in the afternoon and night .. and usually have worked up a great deal of stress that is perfect fuel for a GREAT workout!!

Wendy ... man bummer no AC and no ski trip .. but sounds like you may have a back up plan to the back up plan .. I am sure you will find a way to fit in some fun this weekend!! Hope your DH gets to feeling beter!

Di ... your trip sounds fun .. hope it goes smoothly and calmly!! Hey .. take some pics of the girls when you get a chance and post them .. would love to see them!!

Angie ... I am impressed on the VD surprise for DH .. and I am sure it cheered him right up!! My poor tired DH managed to go thru town on the way home .. he got me THE CUTEST singing lobster .. OMG that thing cracked me up .. and he got me (us) a tenderloin of filet mignons!! :eek: :9 :9 :9 AND he got me my favorite .. Coors Light for the weekend!! I induldged on a few last night as well!!}( :D

Well .. SIL and DB asked me out for lunch .. so I guess I will not be working out at lunch. And I want to get home and clean up and get the dogs bathed and set up for our filet supper :9 and some extra cirricular fun as well }( }( }( :D

SOOOOOO .. the hard@$$ workout will have to wait one more day! tommorrow I think I am going to make a date w/Sean and push play!!:D

have a great day .. and I will BBL to check in w/you gals!!:7

Happy Friday Cabbers!!!:)

Ahhhhhhhh...went to bed late and slept in late. I am a happy girl. Now, if only the house had cleaned itself over night. LOL!

Cathy - Ahhhhhh, Yoga and stretch day. Wait a minute - I thought that was Monday for you.
Oh, I'm not really that thoughtful. It's actually an area I am constantly trying to improve. I would have liked to do something more but I ran out of ideas. He seemed to appreciate it reagardless. Men are pretty simple - and I mean that as a compliment to men.;)
I had considered Vegas as well. We've been there before with the kids and they are always asking when we can go back. We had a blast! I think I'll look deeper into that. I've never been to Key West. As for Mexico and the Caribbean....well, we don't have passports so those are out for now. Thanks so much for the ideas!! Have you used all these travel sites? Any problems with any of them?
I may have to breakdown and try to the AM workouts someday. i'm getting better about getting up in the AM but the energy takes an hour or so to catch up to me.
So do you have some relaxing time scheduled into your weekend? I sure hope so....you definitely deserve it!
Hope you get a great cut. Funny how a haircut can invigorate.;-)
From your recent accomplishments I would say you CAN accomplish anything! You certainly seem to be on a roll.

Wendy - So DH still not feeling well?:( Hope the extra rest is enough to get him over it.
Sorry your plans fell thru but maybe you can curl up with a good book and enjoy some "me" time. But....I crossing fingers for DH's health and skiing!;-)
Regarding the food log....I keep one every day. Yes, it takes a bit of time to do it, but it's great to know mac breakdowns and be able to spot patterns I generally would not otherwise see. Are you using fitday? Congrats on your losses!!! That's great news!

Laura - *lol* I was thinking it looked like a "Laura" post when I posted last night.
I'm a night owl too. Let me guess, your DH is a morning person too?
I like to take m stress out on my w/o's too. Althought, if I worked out in the morning maybe I wouldn't have a much stress? Hmmm...I don't know. I should give it a shot and find out. Now, to find that energy in the AM.
Awwwwwww - your DH sounds so thoughtful!:) DH got me roses and a card that made me get all watery eyed. I am his biggest fan and it just reminded me how he really does appreciate the support. We are all lucky to have such good hubbies.
Ummmmmm....I have a beagle that could use the bathmax. Got room for one more??
Is push play the BEST CC?? With all the raves on the OF, I really should just break down and buy it already.
Any news yet on the MRI? You're really not going to be able to retain those ants in your pants much longer are you? LOL!

Diana - Oh, yes....new baby pics please!
Hope you are having a wonderful Friday.

Check back later babes!!

Angie

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

MRI results in .. I am A - OK!!!! :) :) :D :7 :7 said the results were completely normal .. nothing causing these pesky migraines other than stress and eye strain .. I was really worried about a blood clot or the scarring in my eye doing something funky .. but now I have a clean bill of health ..

those ants in my pants are swarming now!! :)

Angie .. LOL about our similarities .. yes my DH is a morning person wakes up showers and he is like the energizer bunny .. full of energy and ready to take on the world! but he fades fast in the evenings . . just about the time I am at 100% his fuel tank is almost empty! go figure!! He goes to bed about 1 1/2 - 2 hours before me .. I have tried to go to bed early but I only toss and turn and makes the night long and miserable!!

ITA about our hubbies .. we all are lucky (and they are especially lucky .. LOL)

Oh OMT ... Angie Push Play is THE best .. my favorite by far .. YESSSSS you HAVE to order it!! It has a way of motivating me .. and making me feel inspired .. the first time I did it I actually teared up in a couple of places ... it makes you realize the daily little things (like PIA) really are small in comparison to what others go thru on a daily basis .. YOU GOTTA GET IT!!!!
:7

Hey Laura - Great news about the MRI!!:) What a relief! Now you can go and tackle anything.....and I'm sure you will.}(
I can totally relate to the night and day with DH. Mark wakes up on the weekends at about 6am. That's sleeping in for him.:eek: He generally goes to bed at 8:30 or 9. Me, about 11. We've had company over and partied into the night and DH will be fast asleep in his chair while we are still sitting there jabbering away. LOL! He tries, but his schedule and mine are just totally different. He cracks up at me when we have a 6am safety meeting. It totally messes with my head.:7 I'm in a fog the whole day.
OK, you enabler! I'm off to go and order push play. I probably should've done it a long time ago. I enjoy all of the other ones so much that I'm sure this one will just blow me out of the water!
I'll bet you'll be celebrating your good news tonight and thru the weekend. Again......so happy for you!!!! Yah!!!!!!

Angie

Angie ..

this is one time my enabling .. you will THANK me for!! }( :D

You will LOVE it!! It is by far the best imo!!! You go girl!!!:7

Good Afternoon Girls.

I just finished Core Syn and am enjoying my recovery drink now. Once my bottle is empty I must get a move-on to shower, eat, pack the little guy and get movin' to my MIL's to drop him off for the weekend.

Skiing is not totally out of the question yet...we are going to try to go on Sunday now! YAY! :7

I'll bbl for personals.:)

Hey, girls!

Off in a few to stretch.

Wendy :: my fingers are crossed for ya that DH feels better and Sunday is a go.

Angie :: Those are the main sites I’ve used to book, and I’ve never had a problem. Booked several hotel rooms with Hotwire. TripAdvisor is good for reading user reviews (sometimes with pics) on hotels in areas where you haven’t stayed before. I've gotten some fantastic deals on hotels I never would have heard of before b/c they don't turn up in the travel sites' searches. TA also has forums where you can get good info from locals. Pinpointtravel is excellent for finding cheap airfare, and Expedia, IMO, seems to still be one of the best around for putting together packages…Monday is now a full rest day and Fridays are yoga/stretch. I added a full rest day this month b/c I’ve been so busy and a little more tired than usual. It’s working better for me this way…Thank you for the encouragement. I really, truly appreciate that!!! I hadn’t planned anything relaxing, but I’m thinking I might sneak off to a matinee. I think a mental escape would be good…No, I do think you are a very thoughtful and considerate person. It comes through in your posts and is so obvious in how you care for your family and friends.

Laura :: whew! Whatta relief. CABs all around to celebrate!

Hi Di!

Well, ladies, I have to say, my hair looks TERRIBLE. I have been going to this salon for years and have had maybe ONE cut which I was not satisfied with. My stylist was dog sick at the time, so I thought nothing of it. However, today, I’m not happy with how things went, and I don’t think it was the cut. I think the shampoo assistant didn’t get the product out of my hair when she washed it. I look like a grease monkey. As my stylist was blowing out my hair, she said my hair was really oily today and asked me what I used and if I rinse my hair well. Like I’m some kind of moron. I told her what shampoo I used and that I didn’t use conditioner this morning since I was out of it. But I was kind of befuddled because her assistant had just washed my hair—twice. Even if I *didn’t* rinse my hair thoroughly, it shouldn’t look like this. Because, sure enough, I looked in the mirror, and it did look greasy. But in nearly 34 years, no one has ever described my hair as *oily.* If anything, it is dry and can get frizzy—but not oily. I really didn’t like that she seemed to suggest I wasn’t washing my own hair properly. It was as though she was implying that I’m not clean. When I said I thought my hair was actually dry at times, she insisted that it’s oily and that she’s noticed it more so lately but tries to “hide” it. I didn’t know what to say. She offered to re-wash it but said she wouldn’t be able to dry it for me. So, I said never mind, just finish it. She asked if I was mad that she said that and said she hoped not because I am one of her “favorite clients” (read: stupidly high tipper). I told her no, but the truth was, I was really kind of insulted and also upset with how my hair looked and the fact that she was making it seem like it was my fault somehow. I told her it didn’t look good. She asked me again if I wanted her to wash it, and I just wanted to leave, so I did. Was very annoyed that I paid top dollar for a cut and left there feeling not good about my hair. Might as well go to the frickin’ Cutting Crew. Anyway, then I was annoyed with myself for letting this young girl make me feel this way. I know my hair. It’s not oily, and I never have a problem with product buildup. Your assistant didn’t rinse out the product, and instead of trying to blame ME, you should’ve fixed it or given me a price break. So needless to say, no new avatar. I thought about not going back, but I decided she gets one more chance.

What a saga, huh? *lol* It's only hair. Not the end of the world, I know. :)

Have a great night!

Hi ladies,

Well it's almost time for me to head home for the weekend. I took today off as an unscheduled rest day. I was just too tired this morning to put in an effective workout. I also took Amanda out to lunch but stuck to Applebee's WW choices and had a 6 point lunch. Now if I could just stay out of all the chocolate in our cube!

Cathy-I have frizzy hair too and the winter is especially tough. I use a gel in my hair before I blow dry to help keep the frizzies away. I'm sure your new trim will do the trick. No big plans for the weekend-just working. That doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Wendy-Sorry your plan and back up plan are not coming to fruition. I hope DH feels better soon!

Laura-A clean bill of health is something to celebrate! I'm so glad to hear your MRI came back clean. My DH is definitely a morning person, not me. I can get up and workout, but I don't have to talk to anybody. I'm not very friendly that early.

Angie-I agree, men are pretty basic. I'm sure you made DH's day.
I hope you can find a vacation soon. I'm not much help in that department. We usually just stay home with the kids and go the movies and other activities.

Diana

Di :: good job sticking w/ WW during lunch. Applebee's has some good choices...Ya know, I'm not concerned about the condition of my hair, even though she had me doubting myself momentarily...My real issue is that I was upset at how I was treated and that I spent a good wad of money on my hair only to have it look like it hasn't been washed in a week. I consider my haircuts at this place a "luxury" b/c of the cost, but I justify it b/c I'm (usually) very pleased with how it turns out, and IMO, a place like that is supposed to make you walk out feeling good, not feeling like you don't take care of yourself and it's your fault the style flopped. The whole thing was just AWKWARD.

Hey girls

I'm sitting here watchin' DH sleeep, watchin' the TV, and sippin on a CAB. Moonlight will be on shortly. The dude on that show is soooooo sexy.:7 Grrrrrrrrrr.
IMAX2 is done and tomorrrow is the 4DS bootcamp workout. Then Sunday is rest day and the Daytona 500! There will be lots of cabs and no tracking my eats that day. It's been a while since I've not tracked my eats, so I'm due for a free eats day. I'm gonna throw a ham in the crock pot and I've already made spinach dip and bought pumpernickel bread. I'll also come up with some other goodies since company will be over to watch the race. Vrooooom Vrooooom!!

Cathy - You are just too sweet. You have a neat way of making me feel better about myself and just things in general. I just love your attitude! Thank you for your kind words.:)
Scheduling a good mental break in your weekend will boost your productivity and give you something to look forward to, so I highly suggest that you go for it! What movie do you want to go see?
Oh no about the haircut.;( I don't blame you for being upset. Kudos to you for keeping your cool. I'm not sure I wouldn've been able to manage that. I can NOT believe they didn't at least even give you a price break! Hopefully you will like it after YOU get a chance to wash it.

Wendy - Great job on CoreSyn. I'm still keeping my fingets and toes crossed for you! ;-)

Diana - Enjoy your rest day.
What's the deal with men being morning owls???
*lol* DH wants to go to our river lots and have it be 70 degrees. Well, since the lots are only about 120 miles away, that aint gonna happen. But, I like the way he thinks. Simple. He just wants to get away and be alone without a care in the world. C'mon spring.....get here quick!

Have a great night all and catch up with you tomorrow.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.