Cabs n Abs Manic Monday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cabbers!:)

Angie: Sorry you didn't get your cards done y'day. Mine are done but I still haven't gotten to the post office. I have no choice now though. I put some stuff up for sale on Amazon for my mom and her BF y'day and 2 of them already sold so I have to get my butt to the post off by tmrw at the latest. Good motivation for me. :) I have a Gazelle, a Rebounder and a jogging stroller that I don't use.

Today begins week 3 of my X rotation already! The work out is Legs and Back and ARX. The timing worked out well for this rotation as the week between Christmas and New Years is my recovery week. That means I can bump up the cardio to offset the bad eating and if I miss a work out I won't feel as obliged to have to make it up!:)

BBL!

Mornin' Girls,

I'm working 6a-3p this week so there won't be any morning w/o's. However, I was reviewing the schedule and I have the phones from 6-9:30, and 1-3. I have plenty of time to head over to the rec ctr and get some cardio in. If I'm lucky-I can do 4DS weights this week when I get home. That's the plan anyway.

I'm kind of feeling like a sloth as I never did get my workout in yesterday. I did get some more xmas shopping done and feel good about that.

Wendy-Reading your post reminded me that I left my cards on the table. I'll have to call DH to put them out in the mail for me. I still need to do the friends xmas cards. Your recovery week falls just right! Keep up the good work.

I'll check back in a bit to see what everyone else is up to.

Diana

Morning ladies ..

Ok - you know it is a Monday morning when you rush to get dressed .. it is 27 degrees this morning so I decided to wear boots .. I grabbed them in the midst of the phone ringing off the hook and hunters driving up ... throw them on .. ONLY to get to work and look down and I have on TWO different boots .. yes .. both are black .. but one has a rounded toe and thick heel and one has a squared toe and thinner heal ..aaahhhh sometimes I wonder about myself ... talk about a blonde moment .. yeah gonna be one of those mornings!

Well .. no stone yet .. but I did have a back spasm attack while shopping .. had to sit down on the floor at the checkout counter .. :eek: ..but we managed to get ALL the shopping done! I only have DH to get and a few smaller gifts for my co-workers to get!

the boss brought in homemade goodies today (he is a wonderful cook) .. peanut butter balls, candied nuts, martha washington balls, cookies and brownies!:eek: :eek: .. yes I sampled .. and now I will avoid the area completely as not to dip into it again!x(

Angie and Wendy .. I still don't have my cards done yet either .. dang it .. gonna be REAL late this year!! Wendy .. good job on selling your stuff .. I NEED to do that so bad! I have a nordic track indoor bike that I got when I injured my knee that I NEVER use anymore .. and it is just taking up space!

Di .. got those early hours again huh? and the phones .. I hate it when I get everyone's phones .. what a pain! maybe it won't be too busy today!

Cathy .. I saw your "smilie Christmas song" brain teaser .. TOO CUTE!! I say give us another!! LOL

OK .. gotta run ...have a great day! It will be last minute shopping for me at lunch .. then tonight it will be killer circuit class! got some making up to do!!}(

Hey, girls! http://www.kidcorral.ca/forum/images/smilies/hello.gif

How's it going?

Wendy :: IA – the weekends do fly. Hope your Monday wasn’t too manic!…My rotation will end this Sunday, so I think next week will be a do-what-I-feel kind of week. I’ll be skiing all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and half a day on Sunday, so I’ll be burnin’ up tons of cals. Not sure what kind of rotation I will pick up with in January. I’ve been using the 4DS for awhile, so maybe I ought to take a break and get back into circuits…decisions, decisions.

Ange :: so any DOMS from the EXT? The basement sounds AWESOME!

Di :: nice that you’ll get the lunch break to fit in your workouts…I need to do a couple of AM workouts this week, too…it is so hard to try to fit everything in this time of year. With the way I've been eating, I certainly can't afford to let up on the workouts. Yesterday was a total binge FEST!

Laura :: LMBO at the two different boots!…I think that mighta been it for the songs, can’t remember…enjoy tonight’s class…hope that stone passes for you soon.

Tonight will be a mish-mosh of 10 Min. Solutions Yoga and PM Stretch. I now have triceps DOMS and still a little leftover in the quads.

Busy day and I’m startin’ to feel tired, but I must plow on! Lots to do this week for work. Tomorrow will be filming attempt #2.

Have a great night!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good Evening Cabbers!:)

DS is sitting at the kitchen table watching Shrek on the portable DVD player we have. He gets to do that as a treat once in a while because he LOVES it. It's something different. Bath time is comin' soon though....}(

Diana: So did you get the work outs in that you hoped for? Are your Christmas cards still on the table? Mine are going out tomorrow.

Laura: LMAO about the boots. I did that once with black shoes. When I realized what I had done the folks in my office got the biggest kick out of it. They took a pic and hung it up!:eek: :7 OMG the goodies your boss brought in sound DEVINE! Can ya send me some!? ;) }( :9 We are FINALLY supposed to bake cookies this saturday. We'll see if it actually happens. They say 3rd time is a charm. If not then I'm giving up!x(

Cathy: IA with your plan for the week between Christmas and New Years. Getting in whatever work outs you can is what's important that week. I'm going to follow the recovery week in that I won't do the standard weight work outs but otherwise I'll probably do what I am in the mood for instead of following Tony's plan verbatim. Where will you be going skiing? I hope filming attempt #2 is a success!!! :)

So I got through Legs and Back and ARX today. I "graduated" to doing some assisted pull/chin ups with only ONE leg on the chair instead of 2. It cut my reps down but it's worth it. I can definately feel the difference. It's much harder! }( I decided to just use weights for the leg portion where the bands were used and where she didn't use anything I still used weight. When they did the calf work though I opted to do it off the back of the step with no weight. To me that is THE TOUGHEST way to work the calves. I couldn't even do the last set of 25 reps! Doing calf work that way is KILLER for me!}( }( }( I was tempted to add on a 20 min cardio but that would have made for a 2 hour work out and I really didn't need to do that. I just did that on Friday!

Tomorrow is cardio of choice. What do you think I should do ladies? No run unfortunately. That will have to wait until Thursday.

BBIAB to see if anyone is around.

Wendy :: thanks! I hope it's a success, too! I really need to be able to use this tape. I should've bribed the kids with food. I have actually just randomly *said* the word "pizza" in class at times, and you'd be amazed at how they suddenly perk up. *lol*...The calf work in 4DS burns 'em up for me...But I do like working the calves on the step...Try it on the BOSU sometime. :) Sheesh, here I go again...I should be getting a kickback from that company, don'tcha think? :7 *lol*...For Christmas week, I'm actually not even worried if I do nothing else but ski. That burns upwards of 1,000 calories per day and is an intense total-body w/out...We will be in Winter Park, Colorado!!! Nothing like skiing out west!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Hi ladies,

I feel so much better! I got in a 40 min interval run on the elliptical and 20 min interval on the stepper during lunch today. I pushed really hard and the interval on the stepper was a real bun burner.

I got home from work before 4pm and did 4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps! I know it's only 30 minutes but my attitude and outlook is much improved.

Laura-you're not alone:) I've worn a brown shoe and a black shoe to work before. Hope you have a great class tonight!

Wendy-DS mailed my cards for me this morning:) Is Joey getting excited for Christmas, or does he understand yet?

Angie-where are you missy.

Diana

Hi girls

Ok.....time is running out. Tomorrow I need to figure out exactly who still needs some gifts and I also should go back to work too. I left some stuff on my desk and didn't have time to go grocery shopping after work, so I think I'd feel better if I went in tomorrow and got some stuff done, then went grocery shopping afterwards.
I did IMAX 2 today. I had lots of energy for it for some reason. I wanted to get on the elliptical too but thought I don't want to over-do...and Cam had a crap load of homework so I thought it best to call it quits. Tomorrow is HST.}(

Wendy - The cards got done last night.:) I just had to slap stamps on them and drop them off....so at least that is off my back. I still have about 4 of them that I am waiting on b/c I need to send an extra something with them.
I hear you on the rebounder. I like it a lot but I don't have any workouts for it. I'm not inventive enough to come up with something but I'm praying that Cathe will make a rebounder w/o soon. Cam still gets a kick out of it though. He came upstairs while I was making dinner and he was beat red....I don't know if he was on the rebounder or the elliptical but he sure got some blood pumpin'.
What bad eating are you talking about during binge week? LOL! Ya...I gotta get this dammed Christmas candy outta here!

Laura - LMAO about the boots. I can honestly say that I haven't done that, but I only have a couple of pair of tennies and 1 pair of boots. It's kinda hard to mess that up. I guess I'm not much of a shoe girl.
Geez...that stone must just love you. That must be annoying as heck!
Did ya get those pics of you and DH all gussied up?
How was the weekend at the beach house?

Diana - At least you got some cards done. It seems like such a huge chore doesn't it?
So you get some rec center time in this week huh? And....you get out of work early too? Hopefully that will give you the extra time you need to get caught up on the holiday stuff.
If you get all caught up can you come and wrap some gifts???:7

Cathy - So you're getting ready for your ski trip? Is your last day of school on Wednesday then? I'm sooooo jealous! That sounds like so much fun. I always get DOMS from skiing....usually it's butt DOMS....maybe from spending too much time there on the slopes??:eek: :D I love to ski....I'm just not the best at it.
Hope the kids don't act too wacky for you tomorrow....yes, bribe them!}( ;)
Nope, I didn't get any DOMS from the EXT. I was sweatin like crazy though and it felt really good. It doesn't have the incline...but it does have 10 levels of difficulty. The highest one is like those dreams when you are trying to run thru quicksand. It's a little freaky. Is that what you mean by incline on yours too?

BBL girls

Angie

Hey Girls.

One last post before I hit the bed. I should have gone to bed a while ago. I'm tired! I'm also dumb though so I stayed up!x(

Anywho...I recently purchased a box of the cashew Larabars and really like them so I went a huntin' for other whole food snack bars. I ended up on a website that had a ton to choose from...I picked about 5 different brands each in a different flavor to try. With shipping I spent about $20.00. Merry Christmas to me. }( :9 :7 Now I just hope I LIKE THEM!:eek:

So I went through my cardio choices for tmrw and I think Cathy might be onto something when she suggested 4DS K/B and or B/C. I need a 60 minute cardio so I am going to do some combo of 2 4DS cardios and quite possibly the k/b-b/c combo will be it! Thanks Cathy!:)

Alright...I really need to get to bed now.

Nighters!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.