Cabs n' abs.......gettin' back to Monday mode

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls~ :)

Rest day here. Will be working late to finish up the grades.

Angie :: great job using that restless energy to bang out a workout on your rest day...you rock!...I actually have the itch to work out today, too, but duty calls. I have one set of essays left plus comments and honors recs. I'll get it all done, but there goes the day...Yes, soccer = fussball. I am crazy for the international games and the Bundesliga (German league), but opportunities to see games (unless I'm in Germany :7) are rare. The channels here only carry the big games. But I'm happy when they do. :7 :7 :7...I caught an episode or two of Lost in the beginning, too, but then dropped it. If you didn't follow it religiously from week to week, it's a waste. I don't really watch any show faithfully. If I like it, I catch it when I catch it. But with Dex now, it's different. I am officially hooked...That is really cool that you are corresponding with Coach Sean. I take it he's a hunky guy? :7...The cemetery visit wasn't painful...She was, gosh, I think 90 when she passed, so it was OK that it was time. She lived a full life. She is the only person who's grave I will visit. My other relatives are buried in Germany. When I am there, I do visit. Cemetaries there look a little different. Each grave has its own little garden that the survivors tend to. If no survivors exist anymore, the family usually arranges to cover the plot with a large stone. Anyway, where my aunt is buried is a little more than an hour away, so I won't likely go more than once a year. But IA, everyone pays respects in different ways...No relief so far...I haven't been able to be an AM runner since I became a teacher. Unless I get over my hangup about the dark. Don't like that too much because of the need for reflective wear and not being able to see well. (I've stepped on road kill carcasses and turned an ankle a time or two.) Anywho, there's only one more week of school, so I'll figure it out somehow. Had to smile about the good cop/bad cop routine. :) OK, this little novella's long enough, eh? ;) Do love our chats, though.

Just heard the weather guy say with the heat index it could feel up to 106 today.

Hope you ladies make the most of this Monday and have a great one!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cabbers. :)

I have HIIT and a 20 minute run on tap for this morning. }(

Ang: Cute story about Coach Sean. He's great, ey? Good cop bad cop...funny! Did you give DH grief for telling them they could stop by? }( Yeah, there's more Ebaying in my future for sure. In the meantime I just sold "Strike Zone" to a fellow Catheite. :) AWESOME job getting that work out in on your rest day!

Cathy: Strike Zone not working out is okay. I am used to it. LOL 'Sides, as I told Ang, I've already struck up a deal to sell it to another Catheite. :) DH, DS and I went out for an early dinner y'day and the traffic was crazy. It's to be expected near us though since we live on the shore line. I am not a grave site visitor as a rule but it does comfort me to know that they are there if I want to go.

BBL.

Okay, I did it. IMAX2 Blast premix is done and boy oh boy did I kick my butt! I am going to have to include this one in my HIIT work outs rotation from now on. }(

Well, DS is up and hungry. Gonna get him some breakfast and then it's time to sit on the potty. He actually ASKED to use the potty today so we'll see if that means anything. He has been sitting on it the past couple days (though he didn't ask to) but hasn't done anything yet... :-(

Still gotta get to the gym for that run as well!

Stay cool everyone and I'll be back a bit later in the morning!:)

Morning Ladies ...

I had a WONDERFUL but HOT weekend. OMG .. yesterday is was 100 degrees IN THE SHADE!! My pool temp is 81 .. which has not happened this early EVER ... it is usually around 74 this time of year! :eek: It is supposed to be even hotter today .. then a chance of rain this p.m. better chance Tuesday and Wed. ... WHEW .. it is a scorcher!! Cathy and Wendy .. see your getting the heat now too .. read prv posts sounds like you guys have been sweating it out too!!

Cathy .. congrats on NB test .. sounds like it went well!! What a pain not knowing till November .. that is cruel and unjust punishment!! LOL .. oh yeah .. I have FOUR dogs .. two expensive and spoiled housedogs/lapdogs (Bordeaux's).. and 2 strays.. outside dogs!! And the new stray .. he is a mess .. but aaawww ..he is sooooo sweet!!!!

Wendy .. good luck on potty training .. consistency is the key!! SIL had time w/my nephew.

Angie .. I am jealous .. emails from Sean??? YEAH I would LOVE a Sean/CC roadtrip ... but like yours .. think DH would NOT be happy about it .. heck I would probably fall of the TM if he were there in person!! LOL Keeping fingers crossed on the pup .. my beagles were so smart .. LOL about the peeing for revenge .. MINE DID THE EXACT thing .. if they got ticked off about something they would pee in the house (they were housebroken .. but mainly were outside dogs) . they were also VERY "pouty" when they didn't get their way .. you would have thought I beat the dang dogs .. they would look so sad and turn their heads away when I called them if they got their feelings hurt.. lol!!

Di .. sounds like the graduation party was a success!! I know you are proud!!! Glad you didn't have our heat we have been having .. outside would have been a no go!! LOL

OK . . gotta run .. have a great one .. tonight is gonna either be circuit class are 1/2 cardio and 1/2 sculpting .. have not made up my mind yet!! BBL to check in w/you girls!! :7

Hey Laura, Thanks for the heat! I blame YOU for this! LOL :p TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!:7 HOpe you have a good class tonight. I put Joey on the potty 2x so far today. He did a tiny drizzle of pee the 2nd time. Better then nothing, right? ;) Have a good afternoon!:)

Afternoon, girls :)

OK, since there aren't many posts, I'll try to construct these personals from memory...

Wendy...That's good you've already found a place to unload SZ. I only have one Tracey w/out, but I so rarely reach for it, I haven't even bothered to look at any new ones. I should probably get rid of it, too...That sounds like a good sign that Joey is asking to get on the pot...I guess I would consider myself a "cemetery-goer." :) If I lived over there, I would go often. Never thought about it much, but I suppose it's just what people do -- part of their culture -- to pay respects like that. With my particular circumstances, since we spent more time apart than together and the separation was very sad for me, I guess maybe it's a way of still feeling close to them.

Laura...Nice that you have a pool to escape to. While on my long run yesterday, I kept thinking how I would love to just kick off my running shoes and jump into a pool. Had to settle for a sprinkler instead...I'm over the long delay for the scores. Not the world's most patient person, but I've busted my tail so hard this year, I am ready to just veg and not think about it for awhile. :) Enjoy your class tonight.

Hi to Di and Ange. What are you ladies up to today?

I am happy to report grades are done...it's all coasting from here on out. :) :) :) This calls for a CAB.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Ladies,

Confession time-I did not work out Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I was exhausted by the time we cleaned up the backyard and took down and returned all the tables & chairs we borrowed. I sat down to watch a movie with DH yesterday afternoon and fell asleep. I didn't get up until this morning! Those sleepless nights from last week caught up with me.

I went to evening BC class Thursday night, rec ctr BC class at lunch today and have my evening BC class tonight. Tomorrow I want to do APX and then on Thurs or Fri try Slo Mo.

Cathy-Hope you are enjoying your rest day. Is school out soon for you? I hope so!

Angie-Nice work doing CST & ARX! Do you use your CC's on EXT exclusively, or do you also run outside with them? I just pd my CC bill with my airfare-so I'll definitely be seeing you in Aug.

Wendy-Those Imax blast only premixes are pretty tough! I'm sure Joey will be potty trained in no time! I know its tough when you're going through this though. IA, consistency is key. Bribery works well too. Have you tried letting him pick out his own big boy underwear with his favorite characters? That worked well for my boys.

Laura-I do not like the heat! Thankfully you have a pool to cool you down some. I wanted to look at buying a retirement home in Arizona or NM. My husband said I wouldn't last in either of those states since I can't even take it here when it gets above 80-85 degrees. Hope they have the AC on in your class when you get there.

Diana

Hello all

After reading all of your posts, I am so glad to be living in northern Michigan right now. We escaped all the nasty storms and am currently enjoying 70's temps. that will drop to 60's tonight. Ahhhh. I'll take it gladly over the heat and humidity we had last week.
I got home and did plyoX and was glad to not have to do ARX. I'll have to do that tomorrow, but I should have more time for it since I don't plan on working.

Cathy - I got a big smile on my face when I read your post that you were done with your chores! You deserve a CAB for sure. Cheers! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-43.gif
Ya, coach Sean is hunky.:9 I've seen him on youtube and his voice is yummy too. But, he's also so very sweet, which makes him ultra sexy. He really goes out of his way to make everyone feel special. He hand writes a message on his CD's that he sends and he personally answers all the emails to his site. I can't believe he can handle it all. Just amazing.
ACK! You've stepped on road kill???:eek: x( OK, nix the early morning runs.....obviously a very BAD idea. *lol*

Wendy - What? Me give DH grief?:7 Ummmmm, ya, he got some grief.:p I couldn't let him off the hook with that one. *lol*
Like I said above, I can't believe Sean has the time to do what he does. I've ordered twice from him and am amazed at the royal treatment. It's obvious that he is a very thoughtful person.
IMAX 2 blast pre-mix huh? I've never done that. Maybe I'll try that in place of plyoX next week.
Did you watch the Today show? They had the "potty whisperer" on today. She potty trains kids in 1 day.:eek: But, I'd bet it'd be a long day. *lol*

Laura - Icky, sticky weather. Yuck! I wouldn't trade you for anything. Keep cool girl.
lol re:Sean - I'm sure I'd be gauking the whole time and probably fall flat on my face. Ya, that RT could be disasterous!
Cracking up about the beagles. Did yours also drop their tail and ears and look up with those cute big browns? Kirby certainly was not at a loss for personality. She cracked us up. I think beagles are pretty easy to read. She would give herself away if she did something that was not right. We would look around and find what it was that she did. And yes, she would also walk away from us if we called her and she was peeved....like she was pouting. Almost like having another kid.

Diana - No worries about the zero w/o weekend. I'll bet your body needed that break. Like you said, workouts are not your weakness!
I just do CC on the EXT since I never did get that ipod. Who the heck knows when I will.
Yup, I paid that credit card bill too and Cathe got her first cut as well.;-)

Have a good night all.........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.