Cabs n' abs ---> Thurs., 1.10 (like my dream weight)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :7

I slept in this morning, so I will have to do my Upper Body + workout tonight. Guess I will try not to eat for an hour beforehand.

Angie :: I do think the EXT in combination with the BOSU has given me some good strength gains in the core. I noticed the BFL for Women book has *different* recommendations for women in terms of the exercise. It advocates 30 min. of non-descript cardio as opposed to 20 min. of HIIT. I am sticking with the HIIT plan. I am starting to think it's better for us (Catheites/Xers) to follow generic/men's training programs rather than female-specific ones b/c it seems like what's advised for women is sometimes a little wussed-out. The publishers know *most* women aren't going to buy into concepts like heavy lifting, for example, b/c they fear the whole "bulking up" thing. That's my theory.

Diana :: glad the girls are doing well. You have been a rock of support for Amanda.

Hola Wendy and Laura!

Have a rockin' day, my friends!

PS...Digital Underground was a group from the 90s and I'd say "Humpty Dance" was their one-hit wonder. But it's still a good jam!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Hi fellow cabbers

There's not a whole lot goin' on this morning. I've still go my long to-do list since I wasted away Tues. on the phone with Jethro all day.:( I have to wait around here today for DHL to come and pick up the laptop.:) I really should go into work and get my quarterlies done because starting tonight we're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow. Maybe if the DHL guy gets here early I will head out so I can sit here tomorrow and watch the snow instead of driving in it.

I have IMAX and an ab workout on the schedule for today. Along with my + workout, I got a fitness sampler from BB. I found a coupon code for a free gift online and used it before completing my order. It has 10 minues of hip hop, power 90 cardio intervals, fast 10, yoga booty ballet, and slim series 6 minute abs. One of these days I'll have to pop this in and check it out. Maybe there's some other BB gems I might be interested in.:)

Cathy - I agree that most workouts for women seem to be watered down. I think the HIIT workouts will definitely improve fitness as well. I definitely feel like I've gotten a workout when I'm done. I can't wait to try it out on a track this spring.
Save up your energy today on that workout for tonight!;-)

Hi Wendy, Diana & Laura........

Have a lovely day!!!

Angie

RE: Cabs n' abs ---> Thurs., 1.10 (like my dream weight...

Morning Girlies!

Sorry I never got back here y'day. We went to visit DH's cousin who lives 10 mins away and since he's so close we stayed kinda late so we didn't get home until 9. By the time I got the little guy down and washed the dishes that were in the sink it was 10pm and time for bed. I was really tired anyway from not getting enough sleep the night before.

I am so incredibly sore in my legs and I have no idea why! I was sore y'day too! I did Plyo X and some endurance leg work while training on Tuesday so I guess that could have done it to me y'day but I'm just surprised I'm STILL so sore today! My calves are screamin' at me especially but I guess that should be expected after Plyo, ey? }(

So I love Amy's work outs so far but I haven't really gotten any DOMS from them. I know that no DOMS doesn't mean you didn't get a great work out but I must admit that it bring a sense of accomplishment when I wake up sore from a work out!}(

Cathy: ITA about any work out that has a version for women. Definately stick with the generic plan that involves HIIT! Interval training is supposed to be an execellent way to burn fat and lose weight anyway!}(

Angie: Glad Dell is finally doing what's right! Hey, if they screwed up and think you have this service plan or warranty or whatever, keep your mouth shut and let 'em do what they gotta do! It's THEIR problem, not yours!:7 DH and I had a Dell laptop years ago that crashed on us inside of 6 months of buying it. I should have went after Dell for it but I didn't because I assumed it was a virus as we had no virus protection on it at the time for whatever reason. I ended up having a computer nerd friend of mine look at it a couple years later and it seems it was NOT a virus! GRRRR! We want another laptop and might invest in one come tax return time but we are NOT goin' Dell! My mom has had 2 Dells desktops over the years with NO problems though. Perhaps it's only their laptops that tend to be cr@ppy.

Diana: Glad to hear the twins are healthy and seemingly ready to pop! When is Amanda's due date? Have you talked to your son at all? What is going through his mind? Perhaps DAD needs to have a "heart to heart" with the boy!}( ;)

So I have a run planned for today. I need to buy my new Itreads for this month so I'll have something different to do today. I know I'm getting the 60 minute Interval work out but I am not sure if I'm up to the challenge today! YIKES! LOL

BBL!

hello Ladies ..

I survived the trip and day w/PIA .. she is actually nice AWAY from work .. it is her work ethics - her working to get out of work - her kissing @$$ to get out of things and get what she wants.. and brilliance at pawning problems and her crap off on others that causes me to harbor the anomosity towards her .. x(

DH and I watched THE BEST movie last night .. "Death Sentence" w/Kevin Bacon .. OMG .. I was glued to my seat .. we had a nice supper and some CABS and really had a great night!:) So the rest day was a GOOD one!:)

Cathy - OK .. I am going to show my dumb blondness .. what is HIIT??? I am taking it has something to do w/intensity training??? I do agree that your average woman does NOT train on the intesity that "we" do .. anyone that can do Cathe's workouts or the X workouts is NOT your average person on any level!! "We ARE the elite!":) :D

Di .... glad the good news on the twins ... sounds like it won't be long now!! that is a good healthy weight for both babies to be twins! :) .. so what is up w/the DS?? I must have missed that .. forgive me .. fill miss dumb blonde in!!!

Wendy .. BF said you could use her pics :eek: :D WOW .. that is wonderful!! You need to get you a good bio started .. and a book of b-4 and after pics and stats of your clients!! Congrats!

Angie .. yup .. gonna be taking out some frustrations on my poor class .. wondering how many newbies will be back tonight ...

Tonight's class will be the matt class - plyo, core, plank, upper and lower body torture class!!}(

OK . . have a great one .. will be back later to check in w/you gals! Have a great day and great sweaty workouts (I know I will):7

Hi again girls

I'm soooooo giddy with excitement!! This has been such a great week for me.:) I'm sure all you girls got the STS announcement....it looks soooooo good! So, now I have a decision to make. Do I also order High Step Training and the Terminator as well?? I hear you all talk about HST....is it similar to High Step Challenge?? Also, the Terminator is $50....is it worth it? Especially since I have all the workouts on VHS that are combined in the Terminator.

DHL guy just came and took my pathetic laptop away!! Doing happy dance.....

Wendy - Ya know that last tricep dip exercise in slo-mo really got my calves workin'! Did you feel that one in your calves too?? Surprisingly, I'm not very sore today either. I did expect some DOMS since I felt it in places after the workout that I usually don't feel sore. Weird huh?
ITA with the Dell thing. IMO they should have done the right thing with this laptop a looooong time before this. Hopefully they will replace the motherboard and then my mom can get a free laptop.:)
*lol* about not getting another Dell.....I hear ya sista! I won't go there again either! Jethro was asking about my other laptop b/c I told him I purchased another one. He wanted my to check something on that one to do a diagnostic on my phone line and I told him it was NOT a Dell.....he said "oh, never mind then." LOL!
After the STS announcement, are you still going to buy more itreads? I thought you had an unlimited amount of itrain workouts with a subscription.

Laura - So WHY do you harbor animosity towards PIA??:eek: :p LOL!
Be kind to the newbies tonight! After all, they haven't done anything to you....yet.:7

Hey Di.....what's up?

Down to do IMAX now that DHL guy has been here......later girls

Angie

Laura: Glad to PIA was more tolerable on the road trip! Once BF gets closer to her goals I will put together something to include in the reference or experience section of my resume. We are keeping stats and taking pics every month anyway!!!

Angie: I have the year subscription to Itrain. Not sure when expires. I will probably not renew the subscription right away but I'm not ruling it out totally. I have lots of work outs that I still haven't used more then a couple of times if that. Once I've had some time to use them all a reasonable amount of times I may renew the subscription!
When I asked for Ipod I had already made the decision that I was not interested in Cathe's mp3 options at this time. Who knows when they will actually be released anyway. My new 8 gig is plenty big enough for my ITrains and some music. Down the road, when the mp3 stuff is released, if I change my mind and feel that I want it, I will look into upgrading my ipod again but for now I'm very happy. :)
STS however is a different story! I'm all over that!!!}( I'm not at all concerned with the mp3 version for legs to be used at the gym as I hate using the machines at the gym anyway and there is NO WAY you'll find me in the "muscle-head" section using the squat rack!:eek: I will be quite happy using what Cathe referred to as the "scripted" DVD version of the leg work out. Whatever I can manage to get over my head will be fine with me for legs. There is also the weighted vest option as well!:) Sorry you asked?? :7

So I went to the gym this morning and "warmed up" with a 10 minute mile. I then did ITread 13/30 sprints. After that I did another 10 minute mile. All total I ran 4.5 miles in about 45 minutes. Great work out!}(

Time for me to get my stank butt in the shower now as I have to head BACK to the gym in about 45 minutes for another stupid meeting! UGH!x( After the meeting I am going straight to my mom's for the weekly visit so I may not get back here tonight.

Have a good evening ladies!:)

BTW girls...Anyone who has the X+ work outs...Did you catch the ad for the "X shuffle"!?! Apparently they are coming out with some MP3 X work outs! I probably won't get into that as it's probably meant to be utlized at the gym but that's a neat option for those who are interested!

Instead of IMAX I thought I would do ARX and give X+ intervals a try. It was a 47 minute workout that is based on doing 20 seconds of easy, 20 seconds medium and 20 seconds all out exertion in a set. It was very "plyo" like. I burned 425 calories with it so that wasn't too bad. It's not one of my favs though....but it does do a nice job in a short amount of time.

Wendy - No....I did not catch the ad for the shuffle. I'm not too interested in the MP3 workouts either. I still don't have the ipod b/c I don't really need it for anything right now. I use my CC CD's in my CD player downstairs when I do them on the EXT. So, until I decide to start running in the spring, I really don't need an ipod. I do have a fair amount of gym equipment in my basement now though, so I'm hoping that won't be too much of an issue with STS. I can use the back side of the power tower as a squat rack.:) I'm thinking I may have to buy some more plates and possibly some heavier hand weights.....will have to wait and see.

Angie

Hey, girls… :7

Angie :: 6-8 sounds perfect for DH’s snowmobiling weekend…oh yes! I was giddy when I saw the STS email, too…I can’t believe: 37 DVDs?!?? I don’t know about Terminator, but I am most partial to HSC. I have HST as well but don’t reach for it as often. It’s good, though….Hmm, so far it sounds like you are not giving the X+ rave reviews.

Wendy :: I don’t even know what a squat rack IS, and I have a feeling I don’t want to. Sounds like an ancient torture device! *lol* I’m with you, though – I will just do the alternate exercise as I do not see myself having any need to join a gym at this point. I *am* interested in the audio workouts, though…whatever that may be…Nice run!…*lol* at the phrase “stank butt.”…I didn’t see the X shuffle ad.

Laura :: HIIT is high intensity interval training…all-out, balls-to-the-wall so-to-speak. :) *lol* about the elite comment…Glad the trip with PIA was bearable. Never heard of Death Sentence. Sounds like a fun night in, though. Ever since I had that kick-ass popcorn in the Denver airport, I have been cravin’ it. Nothing like FRESH popcorn & a good flick!

OK, I'm thinking of saving UB+ for tomorrow -- paired with my scheduled HIIT session. Is that horrible? I'm just not feelin' the workout anymore tonight. I'll have time tomorrow as I'm taking the day.

I am previewing the vid now. Boy, that chick sure does like her camo pants, doesn't she?...*lol* @ Tony...he's such a dork. A hot dork, of course. :)

I'm a little worked up about something that's become a problem...I seem to have acquired a stalker of sorts...Gave my # innocently to someone who keeps texting me daily. I was ignoring him, and then decided to give him what I thought was a very clear brush-off via text, but it only prompted him to actually CALL me. I didn't answer and he didn't leave a VM. I feel kind of creeped out and am thinking I may need to change my #.

ETA: What's up the crazy DBs in the X+?

Your favorite freak magnet,

Hi Ladies,

I feel like I'm in the asylum these days. It's so hectic at work. This morning's workout was SJP as produced. I've used many premixes from the SB/SJP dvd but have not done it as produced in more than a year I'm sure. It was fun and I burned 715 calories!

I was down 4lbs at my WW weigh in yesterday!!:) :) Before you get too excited, I donated a pint of blood on Tuesday and that accounts for some it.

Amanda had her dr. appt and things are progressing as they should at this stage of her pregnancy. He did schedule her for another appt on the 15th but expects to her have them by then. I'll be sending pics when the girls arrive.

Now that I got the STS information I'm thinking about returning the x+ order I have. I never did get a shipping notice from BB and ordered on Jan 5th.

Cathy-Sounds like you may need a rest day anyway. Sorry to hear about the uninvited text message and phone call. Be safe. A squat rack allows the barbell to sit at shoulder height so you don't have to lift the barbell with heavy weight over your head. I would love a squat rack in my basement. I squat 95-125lbs using a squat rack, but only up to 65lbs at home.

Angie-the fitness sampler sounds fun. I'm no slim in 6 fan at all (just shoot me), but one of my friends loves the Turbo Jam workouts. They are kickboxing, not your favorite I guess.

Wendy-You sure have to go to a lot of meetings for being a part time employee. One of my friends is sending me Amy's Slo Mo, she doesn't like it. She said she doesn't get DOMS from it either. She thinks I'll like it though. Nice run!!!

Laura-you managed to get along with PIA, be proud. Goes well with all of us trying to be positive everyday! Maybe we should have our own RT and come to you for long weekend full of killer cardio, weights, torture and CABS. I know I would thoroughly love it! About DS-he hasn't been working since April last year. He signed up for and we paid for the fall semester of school and he just stopped going to school in October. Had he withdrawn from school-we could've got some money back. DH and I are very disappointed that he has basically been living off of Amanda and not supporting her or the situation they are in.

Diana

OK, so halfway through the preview, I had the urge for a Tony fix. Started the DVD from the beginning and did my best to hang in. OMG, Chinup L (from hell!) At one point (during the Spiderman pushups), I actually saw stars! *lol* Good workout, some unique moves. Love how he brings the core into it. And man, what abs they have!

I'd forgotten to take my pre-rotation pics, so I did that tonight and will put them in a picturetrail (with password) like Di.

BBIAB...

ETA: Oops! I completely missed Di's post. Di...thanks for explaining the squat rack. That does sound good (and safe)...Sorry work has been a bit crazy...wow, we're gonna meet the girls by next week! Exciting. My BF just told me yesterday she is 5 weeks pregnant.

Edited a second time: Hope I'm doing this right: http://www.picturetrail.com/uid10485469 Have PM'd the password.

Heya

Cathy - The snowmobiling trip is off....the snow isn't here yet and they were supposed to meet up tomorrow afternoon with some guys from downstate. They had to call it since the trails up north are pure dirt right now. DH doesn't mind though....apparently he is busy as heck at work so he said it really worked out for the best.
That is creepy about the stalker. Ewwwwwww.....man I hate it when people can't take a clue.
I've only done 2 + workouts so I'm not writing it off yet. I can see myself doing both of these workouts blended into a rotation. It would sure beat the boredom of doing only X workouts in a rotation. I just have to warm up to them I guess. I think the crazy DB's are another BB marketing ploy......I don't like that but I put up with it for Tony.;-)
So BF got what she wanted huh? I hope it's REALLY what she wants....if you know what I mean.

Diana - Nice workout today! Awesome job on the 4#! The blood didn't have that much to do with it.....a pound at the very most. You should be proud of yourself for that one.;-)
STS should pretty much cover all the bases that's for sure! I still can't really wrap my mind around it. It's quite a wad of money but for 37 workouts......geez, how long will it take her to film it all???:eek: I'm sure it will be a great value and worth every penny.
TJ is not on the sampler....which is fine since you are right....I'm not a kb kind of girl.
Sorry about the situation with Cody. Life has a way of teaching us what we NEED to know. It takes some of us a little longer than others but he will have to find his own way. I had to find some things out the hard way too (I'm a bit stubborn if you haven't noticed)....but I've been pretty lucky in life. Hopefully he will turn things around and find a passion for something he loves to do and run with it. We're here for ya girl!

Catch ya all later

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.