Cabs and Abs Wonderful Wednesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Cabbies. :)

Angie: Glad you got your desk cleared off. Nice score on the salmon! I bought a bag of salmon filets at costco the last time we went. We just had 'em for dinner the other night. YUMMY!:9 I haven't done HSC in a LOOOOONG time! So do you have DOMS from it? HEY! Where are those pics missy!?!?

Today's plan is an all upper body attack using various exercises from the X. How's that for a good plan to fry myself up!? You'll be able to serve me on a plate with eggs and toast by the time I'm done!:7 :7 :7

Well, DS is up now and wants me to watch a movie with him so I'll be back in a bit!

Later babes!:)

Good Morning!

I didn't get in my planned weight work yesterday but will head to the rec ctr for legs, back & bi's later today. I did get some more xmas shopping done which is good for me!

I'm skipping my ww meeting today since we are having an all hands meeting from 12-2 today. I will try to make the meeting tomorrow instead.

DH bought a new truck yesterday. He traded in the one he bought a couple months ago since I hated it. This new one is awesome. Yes, it's a little older and of course more money but it is well worth it. It is an '04 Chevy Silverado, 4X4, 4dr, fully loaded. There is definitely room for all of us and all the kids sports stuff. I love it.

Only one more day of coming in at 6am! I am not sleeping very well at night because I'm so afraid I'll oversleep. I'm relieving the night person who works from 6pm-6am so I really can't be late. I'm really looking forward to vacation.

By the way, I uploaded some football pictures of Jerod if you want to take a look. Yes, I'm a proud Mom.

Wendy-Your intuition paid off. I'm glad you decided to take Joey to the Dr. Are you all ready for Christmas? I love that you and Cathy both start off the day on a positive note with the happy go lucky thread titles! It's a nice way to start the day, especially when I'm up at 4:30am.

Cathy-What are you up to today?

Angie-Glad you were able to finish up your work stuff. I need to take inventory too. Great job with HSC! I'm not sure if simply raising the front of the EXT will do the same as the incline. Many EXT's have the ramps and that's what is where the incline comes in. I prefer the natural runner type EXT's.

Laura-I just looked at your pics. You and DH look awesome. I hope you have a great few days away from the asylum.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Diana:

Great pics from your DS' football season. You are a proud mom as should be! Congrats! :)

Glad your 6am starts are almost done. You have a nice long vacation coming up, right? Good for you!

Joey is doing much better this morning already. I'm very happy. Truth be told, it was actually DADDY's intuition that got DS to the doc's. DH had mentioned the other day that he wanted DS to get checked out just to be sure and then y'day morning DH went up to say goodbye to DS and came down and said he wasn't right. He said he wasn't himself. That put me on "alert" when I went up there. Perhaps I would have brought him anyway but I have to give props to dad for being on the ball!:)

Congrats on DH's new truck. Glad you like this one. ;)

BBL!

Morning ladies!

Well believe it or not I got almost everything fit in yesterday. :) Was up till 11:00 working on Christmas cards .. yes 98% of them are in the envelope - stamped - and ready to go to the post office! WOOOOO HOOOOOO:D :D .. they are not what I wanted .. I had to hand make them .. but still turned out cute!

I have some MAJOR DOMS in the shoulder, chest, back and abs from torture class .. can tell I laid off a week!

Today is my TIGF!! I am outta here around 2:00 and meeting up w/DH and another couple and we are off! My Aunt looks after my babies .. the big ones will be TICKED .. the jawls will hang down to the ground and Buster will pout for several days!! At least the temps are not as cold .. as they are used to the house .. and they will have to be forced to stay outside (we have a fenced in yard) ..

Thanks for the compliments on the pics! For some reason I can't see the pics in the picture trail today??? dang it .. not sure what is going on!

Cathy - have fun on the slopes .. and remember to take some snow bunny pictures for us! Bet it is going to be beautiful ... have fun and be careful ....no broken bones please!!!

Di - your Christmas card will be in the mail today!! :) your gonna crack up at it! Hope you get to the gym today ... I hate when I miss a planned workout! but Christmas shopping is a VERY good excuse!!;) ... DH made a good choice on the truck .. we used to have a Silverado 1/2 ton extended cab .. I LOVED that truck .. such a smooth ride ... it did drink down some gas though! LOL

Wendy - sorry Joey is sick! Sounds like ya'll caught it in time ..kudos to DH!! Pnuemonia is nothing to mess with!!! Hope he gets better b-4 Santa comes to town!

Angie - WOW major deal on the salmon! A friend of ours brought us some fresh salmon back from a fishing trip this summer .. we grilled it .. OMG .. it was SOOOOOOOO good!

OK .. gotta run .. 3 charge off acts to work up before I leave :-( .. oh well .. I tried!! NO exercise .. so all of you ONCE AGAIN are gonna have to take up my slack! Saturday I am gonna have to do some MAJOR catching up .. b/c I can tell my butt has been slacking!!

Wish me luck .. maybe we will hit it big .. and hopefully if not we will break even .. or heck .. I will settle for not loosing our arses!! LOL I will try to check back in b-4 I leave .. then if I can get the dinasour computer running will touch base Saturday!

Have a great one!:7

My work out is done. I had fun mish moshing with the X today.

Here's the upper body fryer I came up with:

Chest and Back:

w/u and then...

2 rounds of:
standard push ups
heavy pants
wide fly push ups
lawn mowers
dive bomber push ups
back flys

C&B stretch

Shoulders and Arms:

2 rounds of:
alternating shoulder press
in and out bicep curls
tricep extensions

S&A stretch

Kenpo X:

Punching only portion

Kenpo cool down/stretch

(Total time: about 70 minutes)

BBL!:+

I'm back.

I guess Laura is long gone on her mini-vacation. YAY for her! I hope she has fun and wins lottsa $$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Hopefully the rest of you ladies will peek on in here at some point tonight so that I don't get lonely. :p

We had pasta for dinner and now DH and DS are watching their chosen shows. :7

Joey seems to be feeling pretty good. He's runnin' around like a 2 year should again and the coughing and fever have already subsided ALOT since y'day. Tomorrow should be even better but I'm staying around the house for one more day just to be sure. On friday I plan to hit the gym, the foodstore and the post office.

BBIAB to see if anyone is around.

Hey girls!

I’m falling behind here on the thread.

Wendy :: Glad Joey is already doing better and is runnin' around!! :)…how are YOU feelin'?...thanks for the info on the Larabars…they sound interesting. I’ll have to look for ‘em. I just bought the sports beans at Dick’s today. Thought they might be good to have in my pocket on the slopes.

Laura :: don’t know if you’ll be back to read this, but you and DH – lookin’ good! Nope, I definitely don’t count calories on ski weekends. I’ll definitely be taking pics again this year. Some of the shots I took last year at Breckenridge were just breathtaking…enjoy your time in Biloxi and good luck!!

Angie :: incredible deal on the salmon!…ITA about those hover squats at the end of HSC – killer! Hmmm, I’m not great at engineering type-stuff, but I don’t think the 2x4 would work, either…mine has the incline ramp Diana mentioned…but I think you will still great good results nonetheless…I am using it about 3-4 x/week with 1 run and 1 other cardio (more often than not winds up being KB) for 5-6 total cardio days, approx. 30 min. each. I am doing the u/b 1 x (currently a two-day split) and legs 2x along with a freestyle add-on (such KM drills, wall squats, walking lunges, Squeeze mish-mosh) 1x per week. And then a light day of yoga or stretch 1x per week, though, I cut one leg workout and 1 cardio. My legs were all burned up from the wall squats and BOSU use...Dinner was good…Nope, I haven’t seen BF in about a month…this was a group of old work friends…I hope I do see progress on the slope this year! I’m hoping the core improvement I’ve been seeing makes a difference!

Diana :: nice! A new truck!…Some great action shots in there…Was that you sitting on the sidelines?

Today is a mandated rest day for me. I have been plowing through my daily to-do lists, but I still need to get some notebooks graded before break. I’ll give myself a few more minutes of downtime here, and then I’ve gotta get moving.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Hi Cathy.

I hope you got your work out done this evening! I was feeling lousy this morning until I took a nap. Been feelin' fine ever since! I STILL have DOMS in the boo-tay and upper thighs from L&B though!}( Let's see if the upper body is talkin' to me tomorrow or not!:)
So I've been having several "Wendy moments" the past couple of days...by that I mean I've been wanting to steer away from the X for a bit next month. I don't know if I should take the break and then go back or what. GRRR! I have the attention span of a 2 year old at times! LOL :p

Oh well, off to bed with me!

Til morning!:)

Back again for a quick break. It is 9:20 and I am just sitting down to start the grading now. :( Can you tell where this is headed? I was wrapping gifts and writing the cards for my work friends. Want to take all that stuff in tomorrow.

So here is Plan B: I think I am just going to do the last batch of tests tonight and then do some of the notebooks in the very early AM. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish the rest during lunch and after school tomorrow. We are supposed to update our grades on the computer before we leave for break. Normally, I stay on top of things, but I have been a little slow w/ turnover this past month.

Wendy :: no workout for me tonight...I changed today to a rest day b/c I had so much to do today...it looks like you are veering away from straight-up X, anyway, with the mish-moshes you've been doing (which look AWESOME, BTW), so I say, why not? Go with your instinct. I am with you - I make a lot of changes to my rotations, too. I've learned I need structure but appreciate some flexibility within that structure.

OK, gals, I'm off to attack the pile!

PS...Anybody catch The Year Without Santa on TV earlier??? That is one of my all-time faves. I'll be singing the Heatmeiser song all night!!! *lol*

Hiya girls

Johnny come lately is finally here. I was wondering if I was ever gonna see the couch tonight...geesh. I worked this morning and then went to town and finished, yes FINISHED my Christmas shopping. Yah! Now, I have a ton of packages to wrap. So, that is my plan for tomorrow. Cam keeps asking when there will be gifts under the tree.:eek: I keep telling him if he doesn't adjust his "tude" it will stay that way.:p
After I got home, I went down and did my first Cardio Coach CD! Can you believe it? I mean....how friggin long have I had those and I just now did one. Yikes! Sean sure does make the time fly by on that thing....and I was sweatin like crazy. I did #5. I can't wait to try another one.

Wendy - Nope..no HSC DOMS from yesterdays workout. I'm amazed!
Actually, the pics are up. I'm not very proud of them. There really doesn't look any change....if anything, they look worse than the ones at the completion of the X.:-( But, it was enough of a kick in the butt to get me to change my eating and routine. I have been eating cleaner and trying to apply BFFM principles. I'm hoping the new elliptical workouts will make a difference.
So glad to hear Joey is doing better. It's scary when they don't act themselves.
I'll bet your arms will be talking to you tomorrow.}(

Diana - I'll bet you'll be glad to sleep in a bit. Does vacation start after work on Friday?
The football pics are soooo cool. Yes, you should be a proud mama!
Right now the resistence buttons on the EXT are plenty for me. After doing CC today on it....I'm thinking I will probably be just fine without the incline. LOL
So it sounds like your shopping is winding down.....are you caught up on the wrapping too?
How's Amanda and the babies doing?

Laura - You MAKE your Christmas cards? And to think I was complaining just about sending them out. *lol*
Best of luck to you on winning some jack! Sounds like you typically have some pretty good luck so I hope it continues with you.
I was laughing about the dogs pouting.....ours does the same thing. If we do something she doesn't like she gives you the "look". It's hilarious. DH and I will insert words when she looks like that.....yup, she knows lots of swear words! LOL! OK, maybe DH and I need to get a hobby.:7

Cathy - I would like to say enjoy your rest day, but it sounds like you're too darned busy to do that. Getting ready to go on vacation is much better than dealing with the fallout when you get back though. Plus, when you get back you'll still have lots of time off right?
Do you and BF have plans to do something over Christmas?
Do you have the cardiocoach CD's? It sure does help the time fly by.
I think I'm gonna definitely do more EXT and less step. I love my step, but it is much worse on my heel and I think it is stalling my progress. I think I'll aim for every other day with a CC and then do full body or UB on the in between days.

OK...got a pile of things yet to do. I can't wait until I get this whole holiday thing taken care of. I also have Cam's X-mas program tomorrow afternoon to go to. I was kinda hoping not to have to leave the house, but that ain't gonna happen. :-(

Later ladies

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.