CABs & Abs - where's the early bird?

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Morning girls ****slurp****

Thought I'd pop in and have some java with ya'll.....where are ya? *lol*
I'm DOMin from PUB - chest and bis are hurting.:D

I'm all caught up with personals so I guess I'll go see what's goin' on in the OF.....haven't been there in a while. Or, I should go check my email....haven't even checked it since I've been back.:eek:

Have a great Thrusday........BBL

Angie

Morning Ladies ..

I am a bit late posting .. another crazy day w/crazy customers here at the asylum!

I liked the new stylist!! She was doing a friend of mine's hair when I got there and before I left one of my fitness class students was waiting to get her hair done by her!! :eek: ... she decided to alternate low lites and highlites .. the low lites being my natural dark blonde color .. I knew she left it on too long.. so my hair is still lighter than I wanted .. think it surprised her how light it was too .. she said for my first cut she would try to go by what the other stylist did and not cut much .. then next time play w/it a little more and do more low lites to get it darker and more to my natural color. She did a great job .. and I was very pleased! :)

Angie .. I like Carnival Cruises . . we have gone to Cozmel on Carnival .. we had a blast! I too like vacationstogo.com ... very good deals there!! My friend that lost her dog .. that was her ONLY dog .. so that kinda does make it worse! She says she is not getting another one ... but I bet she will after some time passes. My babies have been getting some extra TLC b/c of my thinking about loosing them! :(

Di .. hope you got some sleep last night ... you and Wendy have been getting some good w/o's in ..even if they have not been what was scheduled!!:) Sounds like your Sat is going to be nothing but games .. good luck w/that!!

Wendy .. I am w/you on Imax3 .. that is the one that hurt my knee. The moves she is doing are qued TOO fast ... I gave mine to SIL. She loves it .. but I wont ever be doing it again. I LOVE IMAX2 though .. that is my favorite!!

Well Fay is still neandering around ... man that is one slow storm .. which may be good for the party .. looks like now they are forecasting her to be more to the South and moving slower ... so it may be cloudy and maybe some rain Sat .. but think Sun. is the day we will get it ... still too soon to tell .. whatever I have got to get my rear in gear and get to doing some major Cleanmax!!:confused:

Today is plyo work and power yoga. then the entire "gang" are meeting at our friend w/cancer house and bringing pizza and CABS .. the whole gang has not had a chance to see her .. and she wants to see everyone. She really has not talked about her prognosis .. but she has stated she is done w/treatment .. she wants to live whatever she can HER way .. and we all are going to make sure she knows how much she is loved and thought of!:)

OK ..will BBL to check in w/you girlies ... Ang .. they must be sleeping in huh? ... nnnnnnaaaaaaaaa .. probably getting those extra runs in .. LOL! have a great one!!:D

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I didn't get us started today. I've been slackin' on my "duties" lately, huh? LOL

This morning my head was all messed up cause I was afraid for my dog. He developed quite an unsightly series of lumps, lesions and a huge rash on body over the last several days. It's gross and when we woke up this morning his face was even SWOLLEN! I was petrified that it would continue to get worse and start developing internally possibly causing breathing difficulty so I was on the phone with the vet making an appointment and after that I was very uneasy worrying about him. Long story short: He will be fine. He's going to be on several meds for a bit but everything should clear up nicely. Goldens are known to be sensitive. They are prone to allergies and skin issues. We've dealt with stuff before but nothing was ever THIS bad that it scared me like that.

So I'm supposed to be doing TJ Cardio Party this afternoon but time is ticking away and I am feeling no motivation to do it. It stinks too cause it's such a fun work out. I haven't rested yet this week so if I end up not doing it then today will just be my rest day. Since I am taking time off from weights it's no big deal what day I rest so I'll see what I feel like doing...

Ang: I know what you mean about previewing. It's hard for me to do too but with trickier choreo it really CAN help if you can sit still long enough to let it!:D Oh gosh, I can see myself driving 90 minutes to grab a bottle of UV from MONSTER liquor! LMBO! There is no UV is my future tonight but a Coors Light or 2 is a definate possibility since I am going to mom's and like to have one or two while I am there usually. Yeah, needing to eat MORE seems like it could NEVER be my problem but when eating healthy you get more bang for your bite so you eat more food but ingest less calories then if you ate the crap. I have a hard time accepting it in my little brain too but I know it works. I did calorie staggering to lose my pregnancy weight and on my maintenence days I was STUFFED by the time I had gotten all of my calories! LOL I tried the do a section or 2 at a time until you've practiced the entire work out thing in order to learn a work out. I did it with Amy Bento's Extreme Kickbox and guess what? After I went through it one time in bits and pieces, I never did it again! :eek::confused: I may just have to pause the player between blasts to allow for more recovery time. This way my brain will be functioning again when she starts cueing the next blast and hopefully I'll get it. :p

Laura: DH and I booked our cruise on vacationstogo.com. We got a great deal. I'm not giving up on IMAX 3 yet. I JUST re-purchased it. I HAVE to give it a good solid try before I get mad and get rid of it AGAIN! LOL Glad Fay has slowed up so that you still have a chance of clear weather for your party! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Fay waits out the party before she comes to visit you! Stay safe when she hits though!!!!

Well I'd better get off my duff and do SOMETHING! I have been seriously slacking on the house work so if I opt out of a work out, I should atleast do a little laundry or cleaning or something before it's time to head out to mom's for dinner. I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I have no motivation for much of anything lately. I feel like I'm just dragging through life these past few weeks. ACK! :(

BBL or in the morning.

This morning my head was all messed up cause I was afraid for my dog. He developed quite an unsightly series of lumps, lesions and a huge rash on body over the last several days. It's gross and when we woke up this morning his face was even SWOLLEN!

Wendy .. that is EXACTLY what my big baby Buster does! I took him for a run once and he got ragweed in his eyes .. by the time I got him home he was covered in HUGE whelps and his eyes lips and face was swelling .. I of course panicked and called the vet he said it was an allergic reaction to something .. and I started giving him a series of triple dose prednisone .. I was so scared his throat would swell and he would suffocate .. but the prednisone started working .. and now I always keep it on hand . . I know it was the ragweed b/c I remembered when we got close to it he started sneezing really bad! he is also allergic to BEES .. and has not learned to not eat them yet .. :confused: ...

I know you were scared though ... do you know what he might have gotten into??

My vet said that lighter skinned dogs w/lighter eyes usually always have allergies .. and usually with highly bred dogs .. he said the more they breed the dogs to get the desired traits the more human like qualities they take on .. in my douges case this is certainly true!! My stray .. nothing bothers her ... but the dogs I paid a hefty price for have allergies, skin issues, thyroid problems .. you name it ... but I LOVE my babies!!

Sorry you had a scare .. but good that it was just allergies!! I think you deserve a rest day and a couple of CABS to boot!! ;) .. I know I am a bad enabler!!!:p

OMG ... I just saw my CABBER girls pictures

WOW .. I was looking thru the Cathe thumbnail pictures and what did my eyes see:

working out:
Wendy .. pink shorts - pink top
Di - Blue shorts w/white stripes down the side - blue top
Ang - White shorts - blue top w/drk blue shoulders
:eek:
then some funny pictures of some kind of I am taking it to be "dance" all of you are doing w/some others .. :p ... Wendy in the middle w/brown capri pants and di in the back and Ang on the other side of Wendy!
Ok so were ya getting down or getting down???? :p
then at a give-a-way ...
all of you are sitting down at a table ..
Ang you looked ticked in one picture when the girl at the opposite table is standing up . I am guessing winning something .. LOL .. LMAO!!!:D

MAN .. just makes me wish I was there even more ... you girls looked like you were having too much fun ... I would have been right there in the middle w/ya!!!

I can spot my CABBER pals anywhere!!!:cool:

and BTW Wendy there is one picture of you w/your back to the camera and Cathe is standing next to you .. she is shorter than you?? Man .. she has got to be TINY!!! That had to be surreal .. working out and her being right there with you .. cant imagine .. maybe I can make it next year!!

Hey Ladies,

I ran my 7 miles this morning before work.:) I left my house about 6:45 and the cooler temps made the run so much nicer.

No lunch break for me since I am leaving a bit early so I can go to Jerod's football game. I'm also missing a bootcamp class:( I can't be 2 places at the same time and Jerod's game is more important.

Angie-I bet you wondered what happened to the rest of us this morning since you had to start us off! Well I was out running.... Let us know what cruise you decide on. You will have so much fun!! Enjoy your day without the kiddo's. I need a rotation too, but I'm holding out for STS. You know Cathe will put out a rotation once STS comes out.

Laura-glad you like the new stylist. It's always reassuring seeing folks you know using her as well. You are such a good friend. Your friend is lucky to have you in her life. I hope her prognosis is good. So you saw our pictures...I'll have to look through them again. Yes, all the crew are very small. I thought Jai, Lorrayne and Cedie were taller, but they are all very tiny women.

Wendy-Sorry to hear about your dog. With all the bad pet karma going around I would've been worried to. I'm glad the vet got you in right away and you have meds for your dog. Did you end up working out, or resting? I think blasts 5-10 are less choreographically challenging. Maybe you can give those a try.

See you all tomorrow.

Hey girls

I wasn't around as much today as I thought I would be. I was busy as heck! But at least I can see the countertop now and the laundry pile has shrunk and so has the to-do list (although it is never done).

Laura - So glad the hair stylist worked out for you. That is always good.:)
Awwwwww - I hope you have a great time with your friend tonight. It sounds like she has a great attitude. I too, hope the news is good.
Ha - the pup likes to chase all insects too including bees.:eek: I'm sure she'll know it if she bites down on one of those. DH already burned a hive out that was near the house and we have another one close by that is too high up to do anything about until winter. So, I hope she is NOT allergic since I'm sure it won't be long until she gets stung.
I haven't seen the pics yet from our RT. I'd better go and take a peek.

Wendy - How scary with your dog! So glad it was nothing serious. Whew!
Call me crazy.....but it sure sounds like a rest week would be a good idea for you right now. I know, I know......you'd rather cut off your left arm, but let me tell you.....it will refresh you like nothing else. When's the last time you took more than 3 days off in a row??? Can't remember? If so, then I think you really should seriously consider it. After all, what's the worst thing that could happen? You know what they say about changing it up all the time....that includes doing nothing when you are always doing something. And YOU, my friend, are always doing something.;):p
What? No crap in the diet? Hmmmmm.....that's not for me. LOL! I can certainly feel it when I eat healthy vs. not. It makes a huge difference in my tude too.
How about doin' IMAX3 every day straight for a week? LOL! Actually that's what I did with AllStep when I first got it and whhhaaa-laaaaa - I finally GOT it. Sounds like fun eh?? The rest week is sounding better and better isn't it?:confused:
I peeked in on the Cheetah thread today to see what Cathy was up. Is Lori bustin' your chops about the RT?

Diana - Glad you had a nice run this morning. I'm sure the cooler temps will be a help.
The dern kids came home early.:rolleyes: No biggie though, Cam stayed home and Cody went to another freinds house. They are much easier to deal with when they aren't together. I'm sure you know how that goes.
Have fun at the football game tonight. Go Jarod!!!

Later girls

Angie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.