cabs & abs...we've hit the hump

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

Wendy ~ Nah, not sorry at all that I asked. Glad I'm not alone, actually. Glad you enjoyed day 1 of NROL and some new purchases. Nothin' like a little retail therapy. :7

Diana ~ Good idea to go to the consignment shops with the more expensive pieces. I'll tell you, I'm already dreadin' Saturday's butt-whuppin' a little. That was tough stuff! But good for us for that push you were talking about.

Angie ~ No, it never ends. There's always something on the to-do list, isn't there?...We are expecting rain by Friday, too. I've had enough of it...Are you going for the 3-day weekend or longer? That'll be nice to have the park right there. Have you invested in a Garmin yet?...Unfortunately, I could not work out yesterday. I didn't want to schlep home a bunch of notebooks again (too heavy!), so I tried to get it done at school, but there was one visitor after another. Not to sound anti-social, but this is why it's easier sometimes to just take things home. So, that's what I did. I'm hoping I can get the last of the essays done during my preps today. With grades due, this is simply another one of those moments where work has to come first.

Definitely heading out for a run this afternoon or evening. If I can get out of work relatively on time, then I may make it my long run. We'll see.

Have a great Wednesday!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Chickie-Poos!

I'm sure Laura is having a freaking BLAST in Vegas! Oh how I wish I were there too!}( }( }(

Ang: I am sure that the weighted vest will be icky at first if I have to put it on once I'm sweaty but hey, it's only gonna be for a few sets of lower body work and it WILL be worth it in the end, right? After all...No pain, no gain! ;) :7 It was quite warm yesterday around here as well. I took DS to the park for a bit at around 11 and boy was it toasty in the sun. I probably could have gotten a tan or even a burn if we stayed there a bit longer! So you didn't like Slo Mo? I liked it. I thought the lower body work was better then upper though. I'll have to get around around to using it in a rotation one of these years! LOL

Cathy: So I "officially" weighed myself and took my bf measurement this morning. I have also started tracking my food again. I let that drop off and guess what!? That's around the time all hell broke loose and I started gaining!!!! I am officially declaring WAR on the extra "fluff" around the middle!}( Are ya with me? :)

So today will be yoga or a TJ cardio after work. Um...yeah, the TJ cardio will no doubt come out victorious considering the ANTI-yoga mood I've been in lately! LOL

Well, that's all for now.
BBL!

Good Morning Girls,

This morning I will be heading down for LIC which I haven't done in it's entirety in months. I've do a lot of premixes and mix & match with my Cathe workouts.

I have a bit of a stomachache this morning. I ate really good yesterday except for a bit of chocolate-that is until I got home. DH had made fried potatoes, bacon and eggs. It was delicious, but I don't normally eat fried food which is probably why my tummy hurts.

We had rainy weather all day yesterday but it is supposed to warm up to the mid 70's today. I may try to get out for a run this afternoon.

Zach just decided he wants to have a graduation party! We are trying to get out his announcements and plan his party. I think all this normal busy"ness is so stressful because I don't like my job. I usually just take things in stride but lately any extracurricular activities have really been stressing me out. My shoulders and neck have been really sore and stiff.

Cathy-I totally understand work coming first. Enjoy your run this afternoon. How do you like your marathon training program? It sounded like you are starting to increase your mileage with your 7.5 mile run over the weekend.

Wendy-Where did you get your weighted vest from? I've been looking into getting one of those also. Good Job getting on the scale and creating a plan of attack. That's always the hardest part for me. I'm going back to using fitday to track my calories and macronutrients.

Angie-I'm going to try to book my flight tonight. The prices are only going to go up with the gas prices so high. I will be running my 10K while you are camping over memorial day.

BBL

Diana

Good Afternoon.

I did Cardio Party 2 today and DH just finished Legs and Back. He keeps saying his legs are killing him. Wait until tomorrow!}( He skipped ARX again. It's too much right after the work out so he is going to try to do ARX on his "off" days instead I think. I have no beef with that. The guy is trying atleast!:)

We are going shopping after dinner for a laptop and we have to grab some stuff from Costco. There is actually a coupon for a decent laptop AT Costco that we want to check out so it works out well.

Diana: Sorry about the stress. I know where you are coming from. I tend to get overwhelmed easily and it can put me in a snit for HOURS! I have Fit Day and should really start using it again. I used it when I was calorie staggering to lose my baby weight. I lost the weight but man it's a pain in the butt to input everything and I don't know if I have the patience so for now I just write it down. I don't even track calories or anything. I just try to eat clean and not eat too much.

BBL to see what you girls are up to.

Good evening ladies

I did ARX and B&B today putting ARX first. Ohhhhhh, I'm such a rebel aren't I?:p *lol* I like B&B the most out of them all, but I still don't like it....if ya know what I mean. I had some extra umph today though so my numbers went up a bit.:) Some days are just like that. I sure wish I had more of them.
So I tried the Dave's tanner that everyone on the OF was raving about. I'm not sure if I did it right since I've never used a self tanner before, but I put it on after I got out of the shower tonight. I'll let ya know tomorrow how it turns out.

Cathy - I wish I had a 3-day weekend. However, I had visitor alley in my office today too and I didn't get squat done. I really need to put in another day this week and lock the door! I'm not going tomorrow though. I'm hoping to get yogaX done early and then play hookie with DH around noon and go shrooming probably for the last time of the season.:( So, it looks like Friday will be a work day.
Nope, no garmin yet. I'm wondering if there is a handheld garmin that would work both on the trails and in the car? Any idea on that?
Have you decided yet if you are working this summer? I'm sure the extra $$$$ would be nice, but you really do deserve some time off. Either way, I'll bet the change of pace will be a bit slower and welcomed as well!
Do didya do the long run? Do you get sore after running that far or are you over that?

Wendy - Nah, not a slo-mo fan, but I need to try it in small spurts...maybe it will grow on me. There's just no fun factor in it for me. Some of the moves are dangerous as well IMO. Cathe has oh so spoiled me.
So how'd the laptop shopping go? Hopefully no Dell.:7
I see you decided on NROL. How long of a rotation is it? Do you use workouts or just exercise sheets? I'm hoping to get that book read over the summer on one of our camping trips.;-)

Diana - You have had a lot to deal with lately. Preparing for a grad party is no easy task and tends to get expensive very quickly.
I soooooo wish you could find a job you enjoy. You should consider mailing out resume's. You might be pleasantly surprised. There's nothing to lose by giving it a shot right? Life's too short - do something you enjoy at a place you enjoy!
Isn't Amanda running with you on the 10K? I'll be thinking of you while I'm taking in some CABs as you run.;-) :p
I nabbed tickets last week for $316 which I didn't think was too bad. The prices were not any different on Wednesday night either. Hopefully you find a good deal with good times to choose from.

OK - off to see who's gettin' the boot on Idol tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.