CABs and Abs...Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! :7

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days...Have made it to the forums but not to both check-ins...Startin' to get time-crunched over here this week.

I'd planned to do a heavy u/b workout last night, but by the end of the day, I had major DOMS in my hams, back, bis, tris, and forearms. Even the crooks of my elbows are sore! Sunday's workout (the B&G mish-mosh, KenpoX+, and pullup work) did a number on me, which is surprising b/c it wasn't crazy-intense. So, I thought I might do Squeeze u/b but changed my mind and opted for a stretch instead. Not sure what I should have done in that situation, but I'm *still* REALLY sore today! It'll be the EXT tonight, so hopefully that'll flush some of it out. Nice & easy. No HIIT as I'm giving blood after school and then getting new tires.

Angie :: I have until the end of March to complete my portfolio (the writing portions) and have to take a computer-based assessment in June. I'll know the results in November. If I pass on the first try, I'm done. Many people, though, have to re-take portions. It can be up to a three-year process...How did you like KenpoX+? Good luck knocking out the tax stuff today.

Di :: I was never a big fan of Nadia's leg workout, either.

Laura :: Glad you enjoyed your 3-day weekend...how was Outback with PIA?

Wendy :: good luck with your MDB sales!...So far, I haven't heard anything about the coach switch.

OK, my friends, have a fabulous hump day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hi Girls.

I have S&H chest work + planks on tap for today. Short work out. Nice change.

Back and Kenpo+ was a nice combo y'day. I added 3 sets of pull ups between the back exercises. OUCHEES!}( I completed Kenpo without getting totally frustrated. If I couldn't get a move then I just kept moving. I got most of them though so I am happy. Practice makes perfect, right? :)

Cathy: I am keeping an eye on my customer list. I will let you know when you've been switched over to me. I will re-send the request soon if it doesn't get done. I also emailed coach relations and asked them about how long the coach switch requests are taking on average. Hopefully they will answer quickly. I emailed them y'day with a coach-related question and they got back to me right away! Jess told me they are behind on getting coaching switches done though.
As far as the DOMS goes...I have learned that you can never really tell what will or will not give you DOMS. Heck, I was sure S&H would have me in pain every day and it didn't!

Diana: Hope you got downstairs and your work out done y'day. How are those cute little babies doing? :+ And mom and dad??

Hello Laura and Angie!

BBL!:)

Good Morning Girls,

I had to take my car to the shop so I'm working from home today. I can workout a bit later when I'm more awake-which is a good thing. Since I'm home, I should have time for a cardio and BBC Chest later.

Laura-It sounds like you had a great time during the long weekend. How was dinner at Outback? Did the gum help keep you quiet???:)

Cathy-You are so amazing. I certainly hope you pass everything the first time. I suppose it's not so bad if you only have to re-take the sections you don't pass. I'm sure it will be tough to wait 5 months to find out if you passed or not.

Wendy-Good Job with kenpo+. I saw that you ordered Amy Bento's Xtreme Kickboxing. It took me about 3 times before I got this one down but now that I do, I really like it. I also like kimberly spreen's absolute kickboxing if your looking for more KB w/o's. The girls are doing great and so is Amanda. DS is really disappointing me. I heard he was pretty rude to Amanda, his MIL, his grandma and his Aunt. The unnecessary comments coming out of his mouth. DH won't stand for that so it better not happen once they move in with us.

Angie-I hate tax time too, only because I do ours and it's such a pain. Fortunately its just our usual stuff, we don't own a business like you do. I would imagine you are pretty organized as far as all the paperwork, receipts, and tax stuff is concerned.

I need to log in to work now and get busy.

Have a great day ladies.

BBL

Diana

Morning Ladies!

Well the Outback was FINE!! OMG did I ever blow the diet .. even for me!! Blooming Onion - bread - Caesar salad - potato - 7 oz filet and 3 CABS!!! YIKES!! I did bring home a doggie bag though and we all split the onion so that wasn't REAL horribly bad!! LOL {{hides head in shame}} .. oh and ..the CABS were a necessity!!!;-)

PIA behaved herself - she was mostly quiet .. so that was good .. only one smart@$$ comment that bothered me .. but that is pretty good for her!! LOL

today I have the dreaded mammogram and OBGYN visit!! :eek: .. NEW Dr. .. which I dread. Mine retired!:-( .. and after all that food I am actually intimidated by the dreaded scale yearly weighing - :eek: do I have to?????

I plan on making it back in time for class tonight - my OBGYN is in another town .. about an hours drive! Tonight is SUPER CARDIO ... gotta some making up to do !!!}(

Cathy - I LOVE your "ski bunny" signature!! TOO CUTE!!! I am sure you are gonna pass everything w/flying colors .. but bummer if you have to wait 5 months ... that is torture!

Wendy - how is the coaching thing going??? I did decided to NOT order the X+ pending STS coming available .. BUT if I order I will go thru you baby!

Di - ok sounds like you're gonna have to slap some respect into the DS .. imagine Amanda is going thru a lot right now .. c-section - and dealing w/TWINS .. I can not even imagine! So they are moving in w/you! good luck .. man .. you are taking on a lot!! but I am sure you are looking forward to spending time w/those babies!! awwww .. send more pics when you can!!

Angie - tax time x( I get a head ache just thinking about it .. especially if I owned a business .. we have a lot to deal w/too .. have 2 rental homes - a beach house - farm land and we both work .. so we drop everything off and let the accountant handle it!! LOL ..hey you have been doing CC alot .. you must be loving it .. I just love all the CC audios .. Sean just has a motivating voice .. not to mention SEXY voice!! LOL

OK .. gotta run .. wish me luck w/the mammogram, new Dr. and mainly the freaking dreaded SCALES!! YIKES!!!:eek:

have a great one .. I will try to check back in when I get back from the Dr. visit .. will report on how traumatizing the scales were for me!!:7

Hi Ladies!

Cathy: Just a heads up that I realized it's been 5 days since you sent the email to MDB so I just re-sent it to them this afternoon. Hopefully the change will be made quickly now!

Diana: Sorry DS is giving you trouble. I hope your DH puts him in his place once he moves in! Dads are good for keeping the boys in the family in line when need be!;) I already got KBX in the mail today! I didn't realize Amy is right in Hackensack and ordered direct from her site so I got it immediately! YAY! :7 So if you don't get switched to me in the next day or so I will re-send your MDB email as well. I'm tired of constantly checking! LOL

Laura: The coaching isn't going anywhere yet! LOL I am waiting on MDB to switch over some folks (Cathy and Diana for example) from their original coaches to me and that apparently is a slooow process. Until I get customers I can't make any money cause I am not making any sales! LOL I have a friend who says he wants to order the X through me but he has to save the $ up first so I'm not quite sure when that will happen. Don't feel too bad about the Outback meal. DH and I go there quite often these days!:eek:

Angie: How's everything goin' girl? I don't know that I ever heard your thoughts on Amy's Slo-Mo. Do you like it??? What kind of rotation are you currently doing?

I have S&H Chest and planks on tap for today. Better get to it!

BBL!

Man oh man was I a weakling today! I had to lower all of my weights on the chest work and I skipped the push ups!x( I guess I hadn't eaten enough or perhaps it was just "one of those days". It stinks but I won't let it discourage me. Everyone has a bad day!:p

Tomorrow is S&H Triceps and a run.

I'm so excited. I got my February schedule for work and after looking at the X+ lean rotation I can make it work perfectly so that I can get to the gym 2x per week to run while doing the X! It means adding an additional cardio in but that's fine. I did cardio 3x per week when I did the X last year and I am doing cardio 3x per week right now for the most part. I'm so happy I'll actually be able to get to the gym twice a week again! YAY!:7

Cathy: One of the last girls to send an email to MDB to have me switched to her coach got switched today so hopefully that means the change will be made soon for you as well! I don't know how she got switched first but atleast now I know they are getting the requests so it will get done. :) How was your day today? Still busy as all get out? Oh and we are thinking of going skiing on Sunday 2/17 since the next day is Pres. Day and DH has off. Let me know if that might be a good day for you.

I guess I should go make my family something to eat for supper now but I'll pop back in later on to check on my girls.

*dances into the thread*

Hey, ladies, I scored a Wii tonight! No time to set it up, though. Maybe on the weekend. I bought Guitar Hero III. (Di & Ange, your kids probably know it. My students convinced me to get it.) So I’ll be rockin’ out soon. :7

Was a bit tired after giving blood this afternoon so the easy 20 min. on the EXT was about all I had in me. I did get the two new tires, so now I have peace of mind.

Wendy :: Glad you liked KenpoX+ the second time around…Yeah, it is odd, isn’t it, that some days we are weaker than others. Food probably has a lot to do with it. Hormones, too. At least for me. PMS-time I do see an energy drop, usually.

Di :: thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence…it would be great to achieve my certification on the 1st try, but I’ve become acquainted with several absolutely brilliant teachers who had to re-take certain portions, so realistically, I know if THEY had to re-take, there’s a good chance I will have to, too. That’s OK. If that’s the case, it will be far less demanding to re-do just one or two portions…Sorry to hear DS is letting you down. Do you think it is the stress making him lash out?

Laura :: what a glorious paragraph about Outback…I think this calls for a fridge raid in a few moments…ack! mammograms & new gyn – no fun in that. Hope it went OK.

Hi Angie! Hope you had a good day.

Good night, girls! I'm feelin' a long day start to kick in. Will be good to hit the pillow soon.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hi all

Darn work is getting in the way of my play time.:( I've been at work everyday this week and plan on keeping that up until I get these darned taxes done! I'm hoping by Friday I will have the W-2's out. I got everything boxed up today from 2007 so at least my files are empty again. I forgot how much work it all is. Actually it probably wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have constant interruptions. Employees, the phone, visitors, etc......I should go in on the weekend to do it so I have peace and quiet, but I certainly don't want to spend my weekends doing that!}(
Today I got home and did X+ upper body. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think I like the original X workouts better. The endless pushups in this slay me! I hate pushups! *lol* Since today was a short workout, I decided to sub in MIC instead of kenpo+ for tomorrow. I hear MIC is a goodie.}( :7 I'm almost scared to put it in the VCR.:eek:

Cathy - That's so nice of you to give blood. It does take the wind out of the sails for a while though. Hopefully the DOMS will ease up for you.
Congrats on the score on the Wii!:D I'm a mean mom so we don't have one. Don't feel too bad for the boys though. They do have PSP's, DS's, and a PS2. They are hardly deprived. I'm not sure if they have played it at friends house or not.

Diana - I hear you about the mouthy kids. Ug! But, disrespectful is something we don't tolerate either. Geez....were we like this when we were kids??? Somehow I'm thinking not!
My tax stuff is pretty organized, but I'm such a perfectionist with my paperwork that it takes me forever to get it just right. My accountant owes me one.
You had to take your car to the shop? You are not having good luck with vehicles lately are you?

Laura - I love Sean too....I do 2 a week on the EXT. I love Sean about as much as I love Cathe!:7
Yup, I drop all my stuff off at the accountant too. But, it is so organized when he gets it that I doubt he has to do much. I do most of my own tax papers and forms that I possibly can and he just plugs the numbers into his program to generate the hard copies that I need. It sounds like you have a lot goin' on with your taxes too. Are your rental homes close to where you live or by the beach house?
Too funny about PIA and dinner. Does anyone talk to her?? You didn't have to sit by her did ya? Hmmmmm.....3 CABs??? LOL!

Wendy - Glad you have some gym time comin' your way. That should work nicely for you.
To be honest, I haven't done all of slo-mo yet. I need to do the legs portion I think next week maybe. I think it is so-so. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. Hopefully the leg portion will change my mind.
Right now I'm doing a BFL type of routine. I have 3 more weeks of it to go and then I've got a lot of ideas, but nothing in stone yet. I think I'm liking my results so far.
Glad to hear that MDB is finally getting your stuff in line.

OMG, where did this day go??? I'll check back with you girls tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!;-)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.