Cabs and Abs::Tuesday Post Holiday Let Down.

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Girls.

Yeah, even SAHMs get the downers after a fun holiday weekend.:-( Perhaps it's even worse for us though as we never even got a day off!:p :7

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Ang had a fantastic weekend and that Kirby is doing well.

I did well with my work outs and my eating yesterday so I am happy. Today is HIIT. I think I will do it on the TM with Grace and follow it up with a bit of a steady state run. I miss steady state and do not want my endurance to suffer.

BBL to see what's going on!

Good morning, ladies- :)

I'm home today and have a doc appt. this afternoon. Still feelin' like crud.

Angie :: great to have you back!...Good to hear the positive news about Kirby...What a relief!...The balance board only comes with the Wii Fit...I love cheesecake, too...Sharkies are little energy replacement chews, sort of like gummi bear consistency. They did give me a boost when I was just about fried on Sunday...Don'tcha just love finding new workout gear? I was the same way with shoes this weekend. I went to the mall to buy a graduation gift - and that's it! - and I came home with two pairs of shoes for myself. Bad girl! *lol* And thing was, I saw at least 5 others that I would've loved to pick up, too. That's the way it works. If I had money to burn, I'd have found nothin'! :7

OK, girls, have a good day!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Ladies,

I'm heading down to w/o with Tony this morning. I'm behind schedule a couple of days but I had a busy weekend. By the time I finished shopping, dinner, paying bills etc I just didn't have the energy for Tony last night.

My eating yesterday was pretty good, but I really need to do much better every day. I've noticed that afternoons are a bad time for me and have started taking healthy snacks like fat free cottage cheese, yogurt and fruit. Sometimes I even have light english muffin with some ham/turkey.

When I was at the B&N with Jerod, I ordered NROL4W. They said it should be in-in about a week or so.

Wendy-Glad you were able to stay on track with the workouts and the food. I know, its back to reality today and I'm not really looking forward to that either. Hang in there...:)

Cathy-Sorry you are still feeling under the weather. I'm sure your body will thank you for this day of rest. Hope the Doc says it's nothing serious and gives you something to get rid of it.

Angie-So glad you're back and that Kirby is recovering nicely too! I didn't even go out of town and my eating was pretty bad. It's a daily struggle for me.

Well I better get myself downstairs or Tony's gonna think I stood him up!

BBL

Diana

>>>Well I better get myself downstairs or Tony's gonna think I stood him up!<<<

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 LOVE IT!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Hello girls

Unfortunately I have some very sad news. Kirby didn't make it thru the night last night. I'm still in shock. I haven't even cried yet b/c I just can't believe it. She started vomiting at 1am and I called the vet at 2. He didn't seem too concerned about the symptoms she was having...said she could come in the morning. She jumped off the bed and I don't know if that did it or not, which I feel guilty about since she wasn't supposed to be jumping. We should have just put her in her crate for the night. But, she vomited before she even jumped off the bed. Anyways, when I let her outside b/c she was so darned restless, she cleared a spot with leaves to the dirt and flopped down in it. I told DH that that was her way of saying she wanted to die. I should have taken her to the vet and not waited. I feel like crap. I went back to bed finally at about 3:00 and she died between then and 4:00 when DH got up.
I guess god just wanted another angel in heaven. He certainly got one with her.
We didn't tell the kids this morning. We let them go to school and we will show them the body when they get home and have a burial. I didn't see the point in wasting their day especially when DH and I had to work anyways.
I am exhausted and feel so bad. There's really no point in packing a lunch to take to work....there's no way I can eat.:-(

Sorry I rambled on, but for some reason I felt the need to let it out and I knew I would have to let you girls know. I'd better get to work. Thanks for listening.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Angie!!! I'm soooo very sorry this happened. DO NOT GO BLAMING YOURSELF! It's not your fault. Perhaps there was nothing anyone could have done for Kirby but if anyone is to blame it is the vet for not advising you to bring her in right away. I am sending prayers and hugs and strength you and your family's way. I know what it's like to lose a dog. Time will make it easier and don't be afraid to cry if you need to.

Oh Ang .. I am soooooooo sorry!!! My heart goes out to you .. and your family! that is just so sad .. I know your heart is hurt and sick .. I am soooo sorry!!!

Don't blame yourself .. it was her time .. and sounds like she went quietly w/o pain!! It doesn't lessen your pain or loss .. but at least she passed away peacefully! I am so sorry for your loss!!

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts ... {{{{{ hugs }}}}};(

OH, man! Ange, I'm soooo sorry and shocked to hear you lost Kirby. I totally agree with Wendy that you are NOT to blame. You did everything you could to get her well. What a strong girl she was, too. I'm inclined to think the way you do about these things--it must have been her time. I know how sad and devastating it is to lose a four-legged family member, but maybe there can be some small comfort in knowing she's no longer suffering. Major (((HUGS))). You know we're here for ya.

Di -- I'm way impressed that you're bringin' it the day after a 10K! Hope you enjoy your workout. My eating still sucks.

Wendy -- I forgot to answer your question about tea, and it just popped into my head again as I drink another cup. No, I'm not much for green tea. I prefer black. I did drink Wu-long for a bit, though.

Morning Girls ..

Hate we got sad news .. and my heart goes out to Angie and her family!!

I had a nice weekend .. the pool room is just about finished .. I started feeling bad Sat. .. felt a kidney stone coming on .. and unfortunatly I was right .. Sunday morning WHAM ... #$!@#$%!$#%@#$% .. so I felt like CRAP (putting it mildly) .. I did pass the dang thing .. now I just feel weak and beat up .. my back is aching!! there BETTER NOT be another one in there!! @$%@#$%^#$% .. so my holiday weekend was spent 1/2 working .. and the rest in pain! I knew after I got so stressed on the plane ride .. one was inevitable!! stress is the biggest factor I do believe .. every stone can be linked to some major stress right before ... at least i didn't get one on vacation!! LOL

I am still not up to par .. and thinking of canceling class tonight until I get my spunk back!!

Di .. I have not read back .. but I take it you ran your 10K .. and still keeping the date w/Tony ... WOW .. girl you are bad!!! I am hoping to re-aquant myself w/Tony and THE X .. b/c it sure did make a difference in my upper body!!

Wendy ... when is your next race?? any biggies coming up??

Cathy .. man you worked thru the holiday .. that is no fun .. and sorry you got the crud ... double NO fun!! hope both of us get to feeling better and get back on track!!!

Ang .. {{{{{{{{{{ SUPER HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}

Better run .. I am working in a different office today .. SLOW .. I am pulling my hair out .. it was busy first thing .. but now I could lay down and take a freaking nap or something!! going back to the asylum after lunch though .. last week for PIA to be queen .. next week she gets moved back to her old spot .. LOL ... thank you karma!!!

have a great one .. and workout some for me ..

:7

Laura :: sorry about your stone...glad it's passed already and I hope you regain your strength quickly. Nope, I didn't have much work this past holiday weekend. Musta mis-read. :) But I have been feeling like hell since Sunday.

Cathy .. I am loosing it .. my mind does not work right after a kidney stone attack .. I have been zoned out all day .. LOL .. actually I was reading Wendy's first post .. thinking it was your post .. and getting what she said mixed up .. how is that for ZONED OUT!! LOL

GEEZE .. come on 5;00!! I did cancel class .. our group of friends were to meet later on for VBF b-day anyway .. think I will go on earlier that I had planned .. at least I wont be sweaty .. and I can go and leave and get home earlier than planned!!

Hello everyone.

Gotta get crackin' on dinner so no time for personals but I wanted to report my work out:

ITread 21/30 intervals + 20 minute SS run=50 min run. I'm not tellin' my mileage. Still havin' those darned TM issues so I was slow. x(

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Angie-I am so sorry to hear of this sudden loss. You did everything you could for Kirby. You and your family will recover from this tragic loss with time. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}.

Laura-another kidney stone... Can't your dr. do anything for you??? You are one tough girl enduring through all these attacks. Enjoy your night out. The 10K wasn't any big deal since I run that far at lunch anyway. They had a record number of participants-over 54,000!!
It's by far the largest race I participate in.

Wendy-I read SS as the dreaded slim series at first, but suddenly realized it was much better steady state cardio. I struggle on the TM a lot and prefer to run outside. I have vertigo issues on occasion anyway and the TM sometimes aggravates that.

Cathy-are you feeling any better this afternoon?

Diana

Hello Ladies.

Laura: Sorry about the stone. Glad you had a productive weekend. So did you end up cancelling your class tonight?

Diana: LOL about SS. I haven't done them in a while but will have a hard time fitting them in anytime soon so they will probably be reserved for some time in 2009! LOL I love the TM and have never had issues like this before. I really don't have any idea what's wrong. I thought it was getting better but today was not a good one. ARGH!x( I really can't take all or even most of my running outdoors so I hope I get over this!

Cathy: I have heard of Wu-Long but know nothing about it. Does it have health benefits over other teas? Thanks to our discussion I had a cup of tea the other day in place of a coffee. Unfortunately though the coffee is such a habit that I have completely forgotten about the tea ever since! LOL Feel better!!!

Ang: (((HUGS))) Been thinkin' about you all day. :-(

So today was a great day in terms of food. I did so well that I had room for TWO evening snacks! Some popcorn and a fudgesicle. :9 :9 :9

Be back in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.