Cabs and Abs Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cabbers.

This morning's work out is a yoga class at the gym and most likely a 20 minute ITread to follow.

Ang: Well I didn't get my run in quite as early as I would have liked to y'day. I got to the gym at 9 instead of 8. This morning I have to be there before 8:30! EEGADS! :eek: LOL I will have to ask my mom if she still has the daquari recipe. If she does I'll post it for you soon! Be warned though that the day we drank them was during a bbq at my house and um well...WE SET THE HOUSE ON FIRE!!!! :eek: :confused:

Laura: Hope you got out of work in time to teach your class and I hope that Fay finally left your area and all is ok.

Diana: Busy girl I guess! Post a fly by when ya can! We miss you!

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to let you know I've finally added the Cathe RT pics so take a look. These are unedited and in no particular order. If you want, I can save them to CD and mail them to you.

My dad is having surgery this morning so I will be at the hospital with my stepmom.

I'm heading out for a run here shortly.

Sorry, but I haven't had a chance to go back and see the posts from the weekend.

Have a great day!

Morning Ladies

Well we got more rain last night .. some pretty good bands .. but dare I say I think Fay is finally leaving us :D ..

they let us go 10 min b-4 my class was to start .. they had enough people .. so I got to go teach my lower body circuit class ... :) .. and boy did I need it .. the dang gym had the air on 80 degrees .. and by the time we got 1/2 way into the WO everyone was drenched .. we thought the air was torn up .. but nope .. they had it set on 80 .. :mad: ...

We still have a lot of trouble .. and a lot of downed lines and trees .. and now the ground is so wet they are predicting more trees downed .. we have on our jeans and tennis shoes today .. supposed to be helping w/feeding lunch to the guys today .. :confused: ... they had a local resteraunt that caters to businesses to cater our guys steak dinners :eek: last night .. those poor guys deserve it!! Not sure what today or this afternoon will bring ..but I may be out of pocket for a while!

Di .. LOVED the pictures .. WOW .. ya'll are a gorgeous bunch of women .. and the pictures w/the crew .. how awesome!!! thanks for sharing ..

Wendy .. I too would love the dacquiri recipe .. hhmmmm .. caught something on fire making dacquiries??? :p you gotta tell us this story!!! Hope the yoga class was relaxing and productive!! Wendy did I see a picture of you doing step barefoot??? LOL

Ang .. we are used to bad weather and frequent tornados .. and I have a plan .. grab my babies and go to the inside bathroom ... I am sure DH hasnt even thought of it!! He said he was worried yesterday though. I bet Maggie loves going to work w/you ... gonna be hard to break that habit ..lol!! I can see those puppy dog eye looking so sad .. and you just giving on in!!!

So .. depending on where I am and if I have to work .. IF I can teach tonight will be upper body circuit class ... today is also MIL b-day!! and would have been my mother and dad's anniversary!!

OH .. and just as Fay dissapates .. there is another hurrican they are watching . Hurricane Gustov .. he is supposed to be in the Gulf by Sunday as a cat 3 :confused:.. depending on what a high pressure system does will determine if it will go over to Mexico (PLEASE) .. OR.. go to LA ... something they do NOT need at all .. so watching it closely and keeping fingers crossed and saying some prayers!!

gotta jet .. BBL (hopefully) to see what you are up to .. have a greatone!:D

Di: I will have your father in my thoughts and prayers today. Loved the pics. Thanks for posting them! :)

Laura: Doing step barefoot was because I had worn flip-flops that evening. Cathe had forgotten to tell us to bring our sneakers. We did the 5 mins of fame thing they did before only they shortened it up so EVERYONE could do it. Many of us had flips on so we took our shoes off to step. :)

The house on fire dacqari story is this....We had this particular bbq on THE hottest day of the year. It was 100 degrees and super high humidity. The moment you stepped outside you instantly started to sweat and breathing was difficult. So anyway, my mom had her propane bbq grill against the back of the house. Her SO was grilling. He had just closed the lid and walked away to let something cook while he ate a little bit. Everyone else at the bbq was already seated in the yard eating except for my mom and myself. My mom was several feet to the right of the grill at the table cutting up strawberries for the dacquaris and I was to the right of her getting fixings for whatever I was eating. All of the sudden there was a loud noise and no lie, A FIREBALL came bursting out of the BBQ!!!!:eek: It caught the back of the house on fire (the siding only thank goodness) and my mom close enough that her hair got singed and she got burnt on her ear and the side of her neck. It was nothing major but scared the you know what out her! Thankfully since it was sooooo hot, we had tons of water guns, etc out in the yard so everyone rushed to grab something to help put the flames out. Except for moi...my instinct had me hightail AWAY from the fire instead of running to help put it out! LOL Thankfully no one was standing right by the grill when this happened. My mom was the only one injured and thank goodness her injuries were minor. She took a shower, changed her clothes and put some medicine on her burns. With an hour she was right back at that table makin' the dacqueries again! LOL The fire started because my mom had always kept a full spare propane tank under the grill right next to the one that was in use so that when it ran out of gas, she was immediately prepared to switch tanks. For YEARS there was never a problem. Well, the full spare tank began to expand from the heat (if it expanded enough it would have exploded..). The tanks have a safety valve on them that automatically lets enough gas (propane) out of the tank in order to relieve the pressure so that the tank DOESN'T explode. In years past if this ever happened it was never a problem but because it was soooo incredibly hot outside, coupled with the fact that the bbq was going, when the gas released, it immediately IGNITED! That is what caused the fire ball that set the house on fire! Crazy story, ey? :eek: Alls well that ends well though. Those dacqueries were wonderful!!!!:p

OMG .. Wendy .. that is funny ... and scary at the same time .. LOTS of CABS would have been consumed after the fright left me .. LOL!!! TOO FUNNY .. but ya .. bet it scared the begeezus out of all of you!! LUCKY no one was standing AT the BBQ grill .. yikes .. someone really could have gotten hurt!!

LOL at your fight or flight response .. bet you thought a bomb went off .. could see where you would take off running ..

Di .. forgot to send hugs and prayers for your father .. {{{ hugs }}}} hope everything turns out well!!!

So as planned I took the yoga class and followed it up with ITread 5/20 minutes. I'll tell you, it's hard to run after an hour long yoga session! OMG! If it were a longer run I never would have lasted! LOL

Just finished a quick dinner with DS since DH is working O/T today. Gotta get movin' to Walgreens now. I have to pick up a few things and FINALLY will pick up my R/T pictures! LOL

BBL!

Hi ladies,

I still haven't checked the posts from the weekend:( My dad's surgery went so well they actually let him go home today. They originally had planned to keep him overnight. I just called and checked on him and my stepmom said he is doing fine. Tonight or tomorrow may be a little tougher once all the anesthesia and pain meds ware off.

I did run this morning but not my intended route. They are doing road construction and the sidewalks were closed and I couldn't get around them. They dumped me off on a trail in the next neiborhood over from mine. I ended up running 5.5 miles.

I did not do my scheduled long 15 miles over the weekend. There were several factors but I was up very late both Friday and Saturday night and I was also very intimidated by that distance. I'm pretty sure I've never run more than a HM distance and I don't know if I can do it.

I made it to the rec ctr for heavy legs and back yesterday. Bootcamp class kicked my butt (literally) last night. It just never seems to get any easier.

Wendy-I would recommend running before yoga if possible. You have to do whatever works for you. So is that yoga class growing on you???

Laura-Glad you survived Fay. Wow, from the sounds of things you still be in cleanup from Fay before the next one hits. I'm hoping the weather stream shifts and it heads back out the way it came.

Angie-You must be packing for your long weekend. I hope you have a great one!!!

Hey cabber girls

Well, ya, I should've been packing today.....but.....went blueberry picking instead. Now I know why I just buy them in the store! We were there for 2-3 hours in this 'back in the sticks' berry farm. I thought we would never get there, but when we finally did, there was nobody around to tell us where to go and hardly any signs either.:mad: We finally found the blueberries but there were few and small so I only got about 4 or 5 quarts. Next time, I will buy them in the store.:confused:

I also got the food shopping out of the way and packed the trailer with food. So when I get home tomorrow I need to pack clothes and hope I didn't forget anything. Hopefully I can get my dead butt out of bed at a decent time and get the day started early b/c I'm gonna need the extra time.

I got home and did IMAX2. I felt guilty down there working out when I still have so much to do, but it'll get done. I needed the stress relief of an imax, and 2 always puts me in a better mood. I'm hoping to be able to do supersets or pushpull tomorrow since they are a bit shorter and both will put some sorness in the muscles since I won't be doing weights again for a while.

Wendy - Oh, wow on the story. Those daqueri's must be yummy!!;) When we were at a friends house last year they were cooking corn on the cob in a pressure cooker on the porch. We were all on the other porch cabbin' it up when all of a sudden BOOM! We all jumped out of our skins.:eek: The relief valve plugged up and it blew the lid straight up into the soffet of the edge of the roof and put a big dent in the side of the house. It would have severly burned anyone close by....so we were all very lucky. Good thing we were all having a good time on the other porch!
Great workout today! Is the yoga similar to the X yoga?

Diana - So glad your dad did well with surgery. That is fantastic! Hopefully he'll feel good tomorrow too.
Good job on that run today. I'm sure the extra milage will come in time.
I loved the pics! I know I still need to get mine up. I should have time next week when the kids go back to school.:)

Laura - Well, Maggie stayed home for about 5 hours today and seemed OK with it. I was worrying about her the whole time.:confused: I really don't want to keep taking her to work with me, b/c it's so dirty at the shop and unsafe for a dog. I have to give her a bath when I get home and it's just another chore that I don't need ya know? It's just so much easier and I feel so much better with her at home where I know she's safe and sound.
So glad Faye is finally leaving you alone. Hopefully you get a couple days of sun.
I heard about the hurricane.....so did the oil traders. Crude went up today a bit b/c of worries about the oil wells on the coast.:mad:
Would have been your parents anniversary?? Are they passed?
Hope MIL has a nice B-day.

I got another load of laundry to do then it's off to bed with me. I'll try to get back and post before I leave but I can't promise anything. So, if I don't see you girls again......have an awesome Labor Day weekend!!!

Angie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.