Cabs & Abs...Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls!

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] thanks for the tax info…what ill-timing for a cold. Way to plow through! I had a good day, albeit a busy one. Parent conferences today (no kids), so as the interim team leader, I had a bit more to do to prepare.

Di [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I used to work for the state government, so I was constantly directing people to the post office. I’m sure I can still find the books there..I’m glad the new schedule is working out for you. I thought I might try to split my work out today and do the weights in the AM, but I just have a helluva time feeling awake enough to “bring it.”

Laura [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] thank ya much, my dear!…Sending calm, lowkey vibes to the Asylum…IA about the 4DS weights…they were giving me great results. I’m happy to go back to them.

Ange [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] sorry about your day. It happens. Sometimes it's hard to avoid the storm:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/grouch/th_2318.gif

*sending you Ziggy vibes for a smooth, everything-good day*
http://www.aolcdn.com/kol/comics-ziggy-more-on-promo-120.jpg

IA about teaching others from ground up on the computer. I have to say, I don’t have much patience for it, either. I have to help my dad with his computer issues, and sometimes he absolutely drives me nuts. It's weird how an otherwise highly-intelligent man cannot remember or follow some of the most basic steps.

Well, today will be 4DS CST + either time on the EXT or BC. Gonna vote first thing before work.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Cabbers. :)

Cathy: Hope your parent-teacher conferences go well.

So I got a call from work 5 mins ago (7:45am) telling me the daycare opener this morning isn't coming in so could I make it in earlier to fill in? HELLO! The daycare opens in FIFTEEN minutes. I am not dressed and my son is not even out of bed yet! It takes us 30 minutes to get ready to leave and 15 minutes to get there...that's 8:30. By then the 2nd person will be coming in so why bother? Perhaps there is someone who will be able to get in there before 8:30 but it's certainly not me! Needless to say I am not rushing around to get ready for work. :p The gal who called out is a !@#$ though. I am sure she felt sick long before 5 minutes ago. Why she waited until the last minute to call out is beyond me. UGH!x( I've actually gone into work when myself or my son was sick b/c I couldn't find coverage. I'll never do that again!

Okay...rant over! Thanks for listening!;)

So I have my self-imposed leg day today and Kenpo Cardio+. I'll be doing a leg work out I created for a friend last night. I want to make sure I give her the proper amount of reps for really good BURN!}( :7

K, gotta run...BBL!

Morning Ladies ..

It is Super Tuesday - Vote time - not that AL carries too many delegates .... I am suffering from "Electile Dysfunction" - where there is no one on either side worth a crap to vote for!!! None the less I did my duty - although w/o conviction this time - sadly enough just voted for the lesser of the evils .. a terrible way to feel about our candidate for President of this great country!

{{ shaking off the bad vibes }} ... LOL .. guess what?? I am at MY desk!! It looks as if someone took a trashbag and dumped out a zillion papers on my desk and will take some while to get to the bottom of it .. but YESSSSSS I am at MY desk .. PIA is on her own!

Wendy - geeze not much of a notice to come into work huh? DANG ... sounds like you have a PIA to work w/too!! sorry!! Hope you are feeling better today ..

Cathy .. so you are doing 4DS too?? I really thought my shoulders would be DOMing on me . but so far so good! I am really liking the 4DS .. very different from what I normally do in class .. and I am able to push the weight up a bit!! Can tell already in my shoulders .. but man I am so WHITE .. OMG .. I am in serious need of some fake tan to make me look alive ..and to be able to see the results at all.. !!! I am so white you can see the dang viens in my arms and legs .. YUCK!!

Di ... sounds like your new schedule is perfect for you .. finally huh?? and how in the worl do you manage IMAX3 in the morning .. OMG .. I would not even attempt to attemp it .. LOL!!!

Angie .. on the 4 DS .. I go to the gym I teach at and to my aerobics room .. I have a small TV/DVD combo we put the DVD in and use the gym steps and weights .. me and SIL meet at lunch! The gym is only a couple of streets over so it works out well! and the $300 tire .. yeah NOT the funnest way to spend that kind of money .. guess b/c it was a low profile - wide tire .. not to mention a Goodyear tire .. but YIKES .. that hurt!!

OK .. it is either chest and back or bis and tris 4 DS at lunch - then tonight it is 4 step torture or I may surprise them and change it up and do a kickboxing/yoga combo!! }(

have a great day .. I will be playing catch up .. but will try to check in later w/everyone! hope everyone has great sweaty workouts!!:7

Good Morning Cabbers:)

What a wonderful day! See Cathy, I'm trying. *lol* Actually so far it's been great! We got some yucky rain last night which made the gravel roads slick and the kids got a 2 hour school delay so I was able to sleep in until 9. Ahhhhhhhh....needed that! What's even better is that shortly after I got up, they had to go to school.....teeeheee.:D
I have some projects to do today which I am well rested for now. I need to take this energy I have found in the bottom of my coffee cup and put it to work. I'm playing around with the idea of getting kenpo+ out of the way early.

Wendy - IA with you on the call ins. I could count on one hand how many times I called in when I was working at the hospital. I would hardly ever do it b/c then I knew someone would have to be mandated to stay and extra shift to cover me. It made me so mad when that happened to me!}( Working 16 hours or more straight when you are a hospital RN was like pure torture, not to mention unsafe. Plus, at the time I had 2 small boys. It wasn't bad if I actually had a choice, but when it was forced on me......different story. As an employer, it bothers me even more. Last minute call ins are so rude.
Hope you don't mind that I joined in on your rant. *lol*
So tell me, how badly is K+ gonna kick my arse??

Cathy - Your smilie pretty much summed up my day yesterday. You know I had to laugh at that!:7 I kept telling myself if I could get home without the need for a body bag, then it wouldn't be the worst Monday ever. I was driving DH's truck (which I hate) and the roads were horrible....so it was just hoping to get home without an accident.
Re: the computer. Ya, I don't know what I'm getting myself into by giving my mom a laptop. I'm sure I'll be getting lots of phone calls.:( I've already decided that when I give it to her, we'll have to sit down for a couple of hours and I'll have to go thru some things with her. We'll see how it goes with her and if it's not as bad as I think it could be, then maybe consider doing the same for MIL.
Your w/o sounds fun no matter which one you choose. Will you be getting out early for PTC's or do you have to stay late?
What was Ziggy's words of wisdom this month?
When's your spring break? Do you have plans or are you going to just stay home and unwind? Our kids start at the end of March and go back on April 7th. I wish we could get out of here, but I think it's too late to book something now.

Hi Diana & Laura......I left personals for you two last night.:)

Angie

Hey Laura - looks like we were posting at the same time.
Glad you get to put some space between you and PIA! Keep digging...you'll get to the bottom of that desk.:7
When MI voted for delegates, they didn't even have all of the choices on the ballet b/c MI opted to have an earlier voting date. Sad to say, but I didn't even bother voting. It's bad enough when they have all the choices on the ballet but when they only have 1 to choose from......what's the point? The presidential election will be a different story....I will be there for that one although I haven't made up my mind yet who I will be voting for.
How convenient to have your own aerobics room. Very cool! SIL must work close too?
How's DH doing with the 12 hour shifts?

Angie

Hey Angie ..

we were posting at the same time .. on the same track as usual I see!! LOL

yah .. SIL works one block over from me!! :) VERY convenient for both of us .. we should ride together ...b/c she lives right down from me .. but w/her having a child she never knows when she may have to make a run somewhere .. not to mention me and work .. who ever knows what is going on till I get here!

I am lucky to have a lunch time WO partner .. b/c sometimes it would be so easy NOT to get that extra WO in .. you know? But when we committ to each other .. we feel bad if we back out so .. that gives us an excuse NOT to skip it!! LOL

Still can't shake the lack of political leadership running this election .. very dissapointing and very scary!

do any of you watch the Biggest looser?? wondering if it will come on tonight b/c of the election crap??? I would sure rather root for one of the BL's than one of the candidates .. LOL .. that was bad wasn't it?? Bad - sad - but true!! LOL

ok .. 4 DS here I come!!:D

Evening, girls!

I just finished 4DS CST (man, I missed that one!) followed by iTread #27 (Circuit Ski) on the EXT. That one clocked in at 30 minutes and burned 249 cals. GREAT workout! Fun and tough.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Yeah, I would have to laugh if someone asked me to come in in 15 minutes!

Laura [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] See, I’m the opposite; I was excited about this particular primary…Yes, I am back to 4DS for weights. They are my absolute favorite!!

Angie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] *lol* Hey, listen, don’t try to be cheerful for my sake. I get in Oscar mode http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/oscar.gif myself. There is nothing more stress-inducing than having to drive in dangerous conditions. Glad you made it home safely!!…No words this month for Ziggy. He’s just running in a field making bubbles that form into hearts. Aawhhh! How can you not love that little guy? ;) :)…We had our conferences during the day, so it was a regular working day. The conferences went well, but they were loooong. My spring break is March 21st – 30th. Under normal circumstances, I would try to get away, but with the NB portfolio due 3/30, I don’t think it’s likely to happen. That’s OK by me. What's the word on the cruise?

Di [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] How was your day?

Talk to you all in the AM. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hey girls

I finally made it to the bottom of my to-do list. I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to get this virus protection thing figured out. It's fixed now thankfully! I also got most of my personal tax stuff around. There's just a couple of little things I'm looking for and that should do it on that. The only thing I didn't get done was a workout schedule for the next 6 weeks, but I'm looking forward to doing that so I know I will get that done soon. I think I'm gonna do a 4DS rotation. After that I think I need to do the X again. That will give me enough time to have it done before the June race on Fathers Day, which I want to be buff for.:) What can I say? Nascar motivates me!:7 I also am trying to figure out my max reps thanks to an OF topic that got me thinking that I really don't know what my weight range is for the basic exercises. I think that's something that I'm gonna need to know for STS. I also think it's something I need to know anyways.

Larua - I like Biggest Loser too! It's better than most of the crap on TV and at least the writers strike doesn't affect it.

Cathy - I'm liking your idea of the 4DS rotation with added EXT workouts. I'm pretty sure that's gonna be my next move!
I haven't really looked anymore into the cruise b/c other stuff keeps popping up. It's a bit late now to schedule anything for spring break so I have kinda given up on that.
Nah, I wasn't cheerful for your sake....it was actually a wonderful morning. I was running on little sleep on Monday so I just didn't have any coping skills and little things just seem to get amplified when that happens. Ziggy keeps things in perspective doesn't he though?;-)

Oh, I did tackle ARX and Kenpox+ today. The moves on kenpo are a lot faster than the original. It'll take some getting used to, but I worked up a good sweat! It'll be nice to be able to alternate workouts when I do the X again and I know I will enjoy the variety. I did have to slow the moves down a bit until I got them in my head. Tomorrow is CST. I'm just getting over the UB DOMS from last week already....and now CST??? Something to look forward to....more DOMS a comin' my way tomorrow.

Night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.