Cabs & abs---Thursday (make mine a double)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! Happy one-day-closer-to-Friday!

Wendy ~ *lol* I have "officially" declared war about 12 times so far. Wonder if I can write off WW as a charitable donation. :7

Di ~ hope your stomach feels better...I do like the training program I'm doing. Mapping out longer runs around me is a challenge. Trying to avoid the most congested areas...When is Jerod's party?...I understand how the feelings of work could creep into your personal life. Hope you can figure out Plan B soon. How's your running going? Do the feet feel better?

Angie ~ how did the self-tanner work?...It seems to have gotten very favorable reviews around here. Personally, I don't like to mess with lotions - I always screw up the application...I may take to locking the door, too. It's becoming too hard to accomplish work at school. Yesterday, I had kids in the room during lunch and after school. Love them dearly, but they wanted to talk while I was trying to beat the grading crunch...Hmm, not sure about your Garmin question. I would think so, but I'm not sure...I have applied for summer committee work, but I only have confirmation that I've been selected for one. Don't have all the meeting dates yet. It will definitely be a slower pace, which I look forward to. I haven't done long runs as part of my training for quite some time. I did have some DOMS last Sunday, but I attribute that to doing the BC class the day before...So, how much longer are you doing the X? Good job upping the weights!!

In the interest of time, I'm going to cut & paste the Cliff Notes version of what I wrote in the cheetah thread about yesterday's forcibly bagged run. x(

<<I was so looking forward to a run after school yesterday, and I had to freakin' cancel. Usually when grades are due (as they are this week), teams DON'T have to hold our weekly meeting. But the guidance counselor is insisting that we do, so that we finalize graduation awards which are, I might note, a month away. We already made our selections during the last two team meetings, with the exception of one category. So now, we'll lose our prep period today for another meeting that, to me, doesn't seem imperative enough that it couldn't wait til next week. So, I *had* to finish ALL the grading last night.>> Therefore, no time to work out at all.

A little vent done me good, though, and I'm ready to face my day with a SMILE. :7 Later today will be my 8-miler.

Have a fab one, girls!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Cabbers!:)

My NROL workout is complete. I am headed off to the gym in about 45 minutes to do one of my ITread sprint work outs. :)

Cathy: I'm sorry about your troubles at work. It sounds really stupid to me to the way they did things. Unfortunately sometimes the people who "make the rules" are the ones who are the most clueless as to what should take priority. :-( LOL about waging war 12 times! 13th time is a charm, right? ;) I ate well the past 2 days and I already feel less "fluffy". Let's hope this is a continuing trend!

Off to get the munchkin up.

BBL!

Hey girls

I'm done with YogaX in it's entirety!:7 If feels so good to get that off my to-do list especially already this morning. I subbed it out last week so I figured I'd better do it this week. I really wanted to sleep in today but thought I'd better get at it and tackle my to-do list at home. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle some more of it on Saturday while DH is working. When he gets home Saturday we're going out for crab legs.:9 :9 It's my biggest treat and I haven't had them in a very long time.:) I can taste em already.
I like the color of the self tanner, but while doing Yoga I noticed some streaks in my arms, legs, and elbow. It's my own fault since I really didn't spend much time spreading it on. I think after my next application, it will all even out nicely. I'll probably put on another application tonight. It's just like regular lotion, so it's not hard to put on. I hate sun bathing, so I think I have found something here that I really like.:)

Cathy - I'm on phase 2 week 2 of the X, so I'm only half way thru.x( But, on the bright side, the X will let me cheat more on my eats than any other program I have done.:) I'm hoping STS will let me have my cheats too. I still have some fat that I would like to get rid of, and I'm not giving up, but I'm also not going to drive myself crazy with food watching right now either. I know, shame on me. I DO plan on enjoying my summer even if I don't look like Cindy Crawford.:eek:
You must have some great rapport with those kids. We had teachers that everyone would avoid like the plague and some that never had an empty classroom. So, I can just imagine what kind of teacher you must be. I'm sure they can tell that you love your job!:)
Hey, at least you're all caught up on your grading. Now, there will be NO dark cloud over your head this weekend. That's worth some cheering right? I'm sure you can make up for the day off these next couple of days. Then there's that BC class on Saturday........

Wendy - Have fun at the gym. Hope NROL gives you the results you are looking for.

Hi Di!

Laura - I'm in envy right now.....

I'd better go get some things done so that when DH gets home we can grab a bite to eat and go........ Hmmmmm, this sounds like a great day. Maybe some CABs in my future this evening along with steak on the grill and fresh shrooms???:9 :p :7

Good Afternoon. :)

Ang: Yay for completing Yoga X in full. I'm trying to talk myself into doing ANY amount of yoga tmrw. I usually don't mind it but these past couple of weeks I just don't want to be bothered. LOL

I did 3 of the 6 sprints in my Itread this morning + 5 minutes walking + .50 mile run at a moderate pace. I ran 2 miles in total. I had been having some troubles on the TM the last few times I used it but it seems to be resolving itself as my performance was much better today. :)

Gotta get the munchkin down for his nap early today. I am training tonight and have to be in work tmrw at 8am so I want to get to my mom's earlier then usual to drop Joey off so we can get home earlier. My son loves to sleep (and needs it) so if he goes to bed late tonight he'll be one cranky boy tmrw and you know what that means!!! One UBER cranky momma!}(

Okay, BBL!

Hi ladies,

I did bootcamp this morning. This one of the dvd's I lent to someone last summer and never got it back. I ended up ordering it again along with Kickmax (same girls has that one too) and the Cathe Calendar. I love all the ab work in this workout and am thoroughly enjoying my week of circuits! Saturday or Sunday I will be starting phase 2 of the X (my version with add'l cardio). I had a scary pain in my knee this morning and have no idea what caused it. It happened a few times while working out but I haven't felt it since.

Tomorrow I have an early training class so it may be a rest day unless I can get out at lunch and run.

Cathy-Glad to hear you got the grading out of the way even if it wasn't in your time frame. I know how you feel about the long runs. I haven't ran once this week and I'm pretty disappointed about it. I may be able to run on Saturday though. My feet still bother me quite a bit when running, and the morning after they really hurt when I first get out of bed. I walk like an old lady for a few minutes.

Wendy-Now that I've checked out the NROL4W book on amazon I'm quite interested. Is is something similar to STS or P90X? What are your expectations from following this rotation? Have you considered signing on with your gym as a PT?

Angie-Great job getting yoga X outta the way. I've never done the whole thing-sad but true. Yoga just isn't my thing. I've done either the first half or last half but not all of it at one time. By the way-I sent you an email with my itinerary. I will be waiting on you at the airport!

Laura-hope you're rollin' in the dough!!!

I haven't been to my WW meeting in 3 weeks but I have the chance to go today so I am taking advantage of it. If I wouldn't have workout this morning then I would take this opportunity for that instead. I'm going to try counting points for a couple of weeks and see if I can clean up my eating and get the scale moving in the right direction.

BBL

Diana

Hi Diana.

Glad you are enjoying your week of circuits. :) Sorry about that pain in your knee. I hope it doesn't come back!:eek:
As far as NROL goes, I sort of expect results along the line of the X but I am thinking I will make more strength gains and depending upon how much/how well I eat and how much cardio I do, I may even build a little muscle. I won't mind so long as my body fat goes down too. As far as my weight goes, as long as I get back to what I was before I went on a binge with constant eating out and partying "GH style", I don't care if I actually lose pounds or not. I just want to be a lean, mean fighting machine! ;) So you are joining Cathy and I in the fight against the food, ey? I am on day 3 and doing well. I hope I can keep it up. :)

Hey again

Went fungus hunting and didn't do so well. That will be it for the season this year. Now, I can concentrate on camping.:) Actually I got really tired after lunch. I could've easily bagged the walk in the woods for a nice nap. :eek: But, we went on and then came home and had steak and CABs.:) Now, I'm REALLY tired! *lol*

Wendy - Cranky kid = Cranky mom. I can relate. It goes vice versa here too.

Diana - Knee pain can be tricky and scary. Every now and then I get a weird feeling there too and it kinda freaks me out. But, so far it hasn't amounted to anything serious. I hope it doesn't become an issue.
This is a tough time of year for the eats isn't it? I smell the grill and it's all over for me. Hmmmmmm, it's gonna be a long summer!
Are you doing all Cathe circuits this week. I'll trade ya!
No connecting flights? You lucky dog! It looks like you'll be getting in earlier than you thought. Yah! But the same goes here - don't feel like you have to wait around for me. I can call RR for a ride to the hotel. I just don't want you to be late for the welcome party. I just figured I'd better be safe than sorry and book the later flight. That first one with the 30 minute layover just scared me a bit and I'd have been worrying about it all day long.

Enough babbling from me. Hope you all had a great Thursday and have a great TGIF tomorrow. Nighty night!!

Hey Cathy and cabbers. This was on healthy reflections on spark and I thought I would post is here. It just seemed to fit.

How do you keep everything in perspective?

Is there anything that Ziggy doesn't know? In the cartooning universe, he's often placed in hopeless situations, pitted against a world that doesn't make sense. He's an agreeable punch line for the quirks of human nature. Yet he's able to brush off his mishaps and focus on the opportunities that today brings. He can also look to the future with hope, knowing full well that more struggles may lie ahead. Most of all, he can look at himself and have a good chuckle. Do you make yourself anxious about things that might happen or stew over mistakes you've made? Don't let a preoccupation with tomorrow or yesterday rob your ability to face that crazy world with a smile. For Ziggy, today is today. It's not a good day; it's not a bad day. It's a day. And he knows that it's important to give that day the value it deserves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.