CABs and Abs - Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!

Wendy :: I was a little nervous about that stuff every year on the first day…Good news on the scale! http://mylalclass.com/happy-cheerleader-130.gif There ya go! :)

Angie :: So glad Cam likes his teacher this year…neuro appt. is for Oct. 3rd ~ I’ll keep you guys posted. So are you enjoying your "vacation"?

Laura :: Don’t know if you will be here to read the thread today or if you’re already out of town, but have a great time!! BTW, the photos are a great idea for your friend…Knowing your sense of humor, I imagine she’ll be splittin’ her sides…Sorry, I have not worked out in two days.

Diana :: Poor thing ~ sounds like this sinus infection is heavy-duty…and yet you blasted out a killer workout nonetheless…rock on!!…I don’t think I can do a peel for awhile, but I am going to schedule my first facial soon (later this month)…It just dawned on me NOW that you and Angie both have sons named Cody. Yeah, I’m quick like that. :)…Glad you had fun scoring autographs…The insurance and the salary often makes you feel “trapped” in a place, I understand…I had a good job with the state and took a major pay cut when I became a teacher, but luckily, my pension rolled over and my years counted in the teachers’ system, and now my salary has caught up quite a bit. But I know how tough it is to risk what you have for the unknown. Lots of luck to you as you figure it out!

Nancy!! :: so glad you checked in…We have all been thinking of you & know you have a lot weighing on you right now…I agree w/ Diana that treating the nursing home as a trial run sounds like a good plan in case it does not work out…Keep us posted if you can...*lol* at your comment about getting sick of the routine. Yesterday when I left school, I thought How can I be this tired already? The kids aren't even HERE yet!" *lol*

All right, time to get ready...This afternoon, I'll most likely head out for a run. I'm liking not being "locked in" to the rotation this week.

Have a GREAT day!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cathy and all who follow.

I have Tread n Tush on tap at the gym today. I am previewing it first so I kind of know what to expect since I'll be doing it at the gym. It sounds great so far. I hope I like it! I just hope people don't stare at me when I'm doing the Tush part!:p I also hope someone doesn't try to steal the TM I am using as alot of the tush exercises require you to get OFF the TM for a few mins!:eek: My water and towel, etc. will remain on the machine though so I shouldn't have a problem...

I weighed myself this morning but then went blank on what it was y'day! LOL I *THINK* it went down another half pound but atleast I know it didn't go up so I'm happy! :p

Cathy: Love the cheerleader smiley!:) Have a good first day with the kids and enjoy your run afterwards.

I have to go grab coffee but I'll be back shortly to catch up on personals from last night that I never got back too.

BBS!

Mornin folks

I have a confession to make......I have a ton of stuff to do but I have been on the computer this morning and not catching up on my emails either. I have been putting together my wish list of w/o videos on deepdiscount. So many choices!:D I did however, bring a couple of containers of stuff out of the 5th wheel so that it could get put back in the frige and laundry that desperately needs done, but haven't got there yet.:eek:

I have found a downside to getting up early in the morning. Even though I do have more time to get things done, I find myself pi$$ing away that time. Also, I tend to put more calories in since I'm up for several more hours per day. I certainly hope I burn more as well....

Cathy - Vacation?? Ya right!:eek: It is nice having the boys in school but this week has been no vacation - lol!
Have you ever had so much to do that you just don't even know where to start? Well....that's me. So what do I do? I pour a cup of coffee and sit in front of the computer. :D
So when do you get the kids back in your room?

Wendy - I had a feelin that the weight would drop off quickly.:) I'm feelin better in my clothes too. A few days of weight work is just what I needed. For me, weights make a bigger difference than cardio. I wish I knew why. I haven't really done any true HIIT.....I guess I don't really know how to do that. I think that would be super effective for me as well. Do you think CC workouts are HIIT? It seems that IMAX w/o are not b/c the HR doesn't come down low enough according to some of those on the main forum.

Got to.........back away........from the computer........and........vacuum, do dishes,........and laundry. UG!!!!!!!

BBL

Angie

Hi Ladies,

Well I've been up since 7am and haven't done a thing. I guess that's what vacation is for. I do need to clean my room and the basement but have all day to tackle that. It is nice not having to go to work this week. DH will be home this afternoon/evening. Today will be a cardio only day but I haven't decided which one. Oh, and I have bootcamp tonight!

I'm thinking of doing the Sept. Circuit City rotation until the 4 day split arrives. I do so much better when I have a rotation to follow.

Cathy-When do the kiddo's come back to school? It's hard to believe that summer is over. I noticed the grocery store already has halloween displays going up. The time sure is flying by.

Wendy-Tread and Tush-sounds tough. I used to be intimidated doing certain exercises at the gym, but not anymore. I just go about my routine and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Some exercises, like the pelvic lift with a weight on my abs are a little uncomfortable to do at the gym but I do them anyway:)

Angie-Hope you get everything done today that you want to. Maybe you can make a "to do list" and that will motivate you. Just a suggestion. Of course I'm still here on the computer too:)

Laura-have a wonderful fishing trip!

Nancy-thanks for checking in-have a great day.

Diana

I'm back again....without the guilties this time.

Laundry has been started, vacuuming is almost done, and the dishes are done. I can actually see the countertop now.:) Now I have to get to the basement and figure out what w/o is gonna be on my agenda today. I need to get it done early before the boys get home since we have a soccer game tonight and Cam already has a spelling test tomorrow.

Diana - I forgot you were on vacation. Are you going anywhere or staying home?
I generally do the "to do list" thing. Problem is.....I already have too many lists and too many chores today that a list is not very helpful.:-( All I have to do is open my eyes and waaaaalaaaa....there's all kinds of stuff to do.:7 I am finally getting on top of the things that have needed to get done like phone calls, reservations, unpaking, calander updates, etc. As far as bills, I take those to work when I get them in the mail b/c I am much more organized there. I guess that's one of the advantages of being your own boss.

Hi Laura and Nancy!! ;)

Hmmmmm....Tony or Cathe or maybe Barry???? I'll let ya know.

Angie
;-)

Yikes...It took me alot longer then expected to get back here to do personals! LOL Ah well, now I can knock out some of today's as well as y'day's too. :)

So I went to the gym and did Tread n Tush. I LOVED it!!! I will have to add weights to more of the l/b exercises next time to make it tougher.}(

I showered up at the gym and then went to the food store. Joey and I had lunch and hung out for a bit and we just back recently from a walk and a little time playing in the yard with his bike. He's now in bed and I am considering a nap. Since I have no work out to do this afternoon I hope to keep my arse out of this chair long enough to take care of some domestic duties while Joey sleeps. :p

[font color=purple]Nancy: So great to hear from you! Glad to hear that you are still hangin' in there. Make sure you come back and visit us again some time soon. Sorry about your mom. I hope you figure out what is best for her soon. It will surely be a load off your mind if you know she is where she needs to be. Take care![/font]

[font color=red]Diana: I was you not too long ago. I was in a job that I didn't like. Heck, I had been in jobs I didn't really like for YEARS. They just paid the bills and that was all. It took me 35 years to get it together and figure out what I wanted to do and go for it. It's never too late. If you are having a change of heart about your job (I get the feeling that you DID enjoy it at one time) then do some soul searching and see if you can figure out what you'd like to do instead. I feel for you with the added pressure of carrying the insurance and being the bigger paycheck in the family. That could make it tougher but DON'T let it drive you to not even try.
As for the SAHM. I love it but I hate it. LOL I think I have had enough. It's a very tough job mentally for me. I think I need to get back to work and spend a bit more time away from DS. I love him dearly ofcourse but I think I have overstayed my welcome as a f/t SAHM. I need a break. This is, I think, part of my motivation for going for the PT cert. I think I would have let fear stand in my way at another time in my life. Being a PT has the potential to work out so well with my situation though that it kept me from putting it off or chickening out or whatever.
So what cardio did you decide to do today?[/font]

[font color=blue]Angie: You will know when the new series is on it's way-don't you worry! LOL It will be all over the website and all over the forums before they even start shipping! You will also get a shipping notice when yours is coming. I hope they ship soon!
I don't know much about HIIT myself. Perhaps we should google it and then compare notes. I too hear that it's supposed to be a very effective and short way to do cardio.[/font]

K, it's been long enough-gotta go get more java!:9 }( :9

Hi ladies!

I'm gonna keep this short & sweet b/c I am ready to drop! *lol* First day with the kids was good. Tiring, though. I think the first week is just this way. It's a little bit of chaos -- not exactly hard physical labor, but somehow it tires you out. I just have to remember it for planning my workouts. That is, weeks like this require a lighter plan. Anyway, I did a 2 mile run this evening despite that very strong urge to lie motionless on the couch. :)

Wendy :: Tread n Tush sounds good...I may need to investigate. I heard Kristi (from the Cheetahs, for the rest of you) say she liked it as well.

Angie :: oh you KNOW I was kiddin', girl, about the vacation thing! Yes, I do know that feeling of not knowing where to start. I probably would've handled it the same.

Diana :: I used to hate to do the hamstring curls in the gym, where your butt is all up in the air like that. But now I don't go to a gym, so I let it all hang out at home. :) Enjoy your vaca time.

Hi to Laura and Nancy! Have a great night! I can't believe it is already 8 pm.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hi ladies,

Well I did MIC earlier today. I forgot how much I like that workout. I had to struggle through at the end as my head cold was getting the better of me. I don't have the energy for bootcamp tonightx( I don't think I can run at all tonight without coughing forever.

Wendy-I did use to like my job. Things have changed drastically in the past two years and I just don't like it anymore. I've always been interested in real estate so I really need to get busy and find out what is required for me to pursue this interest.

Cathy-that's another reason I love working out at home-I exercise in jog bra and shorts and wouldn't be caught dead in public dressed like that!

Angie-unfortunately we are staying home for our vacation-except for the weekend mountain trip. We spent all our vacation money sending Jerod to England/Scotland earlier in the summer. At least I don't have to go to work!

Diana

Good evening girls

Wendy - Is tread and tush an itrain workout?
Yes, you are right about the w/o shipping out. I don't always get on the main forum but usually there is the pre-ship date buzzzz that you just can't escape.;-)
I did BBC Abs and arms tonight. That's a good one to do when you start getting a little cocky and think...heck....I'm fit.....I can do anything!:7 Then bam!! Barry kicks your arse.}( I think this one would qualify as a HIIT w/o if he had breaks in between the intervals, which of coarse, there are NONE!:eek:
Maybe I'll just do a search on Cathe.....there's been quite a bit of chatting about it.....but I'm sure I haven't seen all the posts on it.

Cathy - So you got the kiddos back today? I'll bet they love having you as a teacher. Good thing the first week is only 4 days! My kids are feelin the same way.;-)
I knew you were just kiddin......had to throw it back at ya.:D
Soooooooo....any chance you might be knockin back a few CABs tomorrow night or into the weekend?

Diana - Man that sinus problem of yours is relentless!}( I hope you kick it soon. LOTS of fluids girl!!
I would love a week of just staying at home.....well, if I were home alone anyways. That would be so cool. I'll bet you've got lots of projects planned. I sure wish you were feeling better tho.

I'll BB tomorrow ladies - have a great night.

Angie

Good Evening.

Diana: Real Estate can be one heck of a money maker, girl! Look into it for certain!}(

Angie: Yes, Tread-n-Tush certainly IS an Itrain work out. :+

So I just ordered Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack and Mindy Mylrea's Kick Butt Bootcamp work outs from collage. I've heard great things about the All Body Attack work out and after reading about and previewing the Boot Camp work out, I think it's something I will like. We shall soon see...I could have gotten the bootcamp work out for half the price on Deep Discount but Collage will let you return an OPENED dvd for a full refund if you are not satisfied. I've already wasted enough $$$ buying work outs cheaper and hating them. I'm done with that. If I like it then it's worth the extra money. If not, then I've saved $ cause I can return it!:)

Holy moly it's 10:15 already!:eek: Strangely, I still feel wide awake. I think I need to jump into bed and read for a bit. That always helps me to wind down and feel sleepy. Watch-I'll be snorning by 10:30! :p :7

Alrighty...I'm outta here until morning!

Night girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.