CABs & Abs....Thurs. (thirstin' for the weekend!) :)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! (Is it morning?) http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/sleep/th_tired.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/sleep/th_tired.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/sleep/th_tired.gif :7 :7 :7

Ange :: Oh, I’m not beating myself up AT ALL. This rest week from work is a *necessity.* I may FEEL like working out, but I just don’t have the time right now, and I’m cool with that. I know very well that a week of not working out is NOT a big deal :)…Must’ve felt good to sit down and crash after all that running around! Glad you're like the CCs. I think that Cathe taught 3 classes on Saturday of the RT and another on Sunday morning.

Laura :: well, I wish it were like I was kicking back and “enjoying” the rest week…*lol*…as mentioned to Angie above, it’s quite simply a necessity right now, not physically but for my work as the pursuit of this add'l certification is like having a second FT job…I find that all jeans (incl. my Lucky’s) stretch some, so I always buy them a little tight. Sorry about your friend’s downturn. :( Her progress had sounded so promising. (((HUGS)))

Wendy :: I haven’t thought about what I’ll do after this rest week… I’d been thinking I might switch to circuits. I don’t know…but that’s a good idea. Thank you! I’ll be up in Killington :) :) :) (yeah, boyeeee!) the last weekend in February, so I know I can count on burnin’ major calories that weekend…That is too funny about the RT – I feel the same way, and I think we even talked about that last year, if I’m not mistaken…great job upping the weights! I still have to try TB+.

Di :: Happy b’day to Jerod!!… I’ll be curious to see what you think of your pilates class. I am trying to get into it, but the jury is out for the moment…I’ve decided there is nothing wrong with the hair products I currently use, so I ret’d the product the stylist sold me.

OK, I'm caught up...have a great day!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Hey Girls.

Ya know if we are on the same page about not wanting to take ALL of the classes if we were lucky enough to all get to go on the RT together then as long as 2 of us skip the same class I am sure we can amuse ourselves somehow...even if we just sit and shoot the breeze while everyone else sweats like beasts!:7

So I have some stinkin' crud again! I am soooo mad! This time it's in the form of a sore throat. x( I can't seem to get away from it these past few weeks. UGH! I feel good for a few days and then I come down with something. It goes away so I feel good for a few days and then I get something else. ACK! I am once again taking airborne. Perhaps I need to take the stuff every day until spring time. :eek:

Today's work out is a 3 parter...yikes! I have a run, yoga and A/C+ on tap. I'll run this morning and then probably do A/C+ at nap time. Yoga will either be at nap time or after DS goes to bed tonight since I don't have anywhere to go and DH is bowling this evening. I start my first X+ recovery week on Sunday! The time flew by! I really like this program! Short and sweet but gets the job done, baby!!!! }(

Okay, I need more java now...BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

I should be working out now but I'm too tired. I didn't go to bed until 11:30 last night. I don't feel too bad as I have my meltdown class tonight. I also weigh in today and am not looking forward to that. I haven't been terrible, but I've had a few too many carbs this past week and tortilla chips yesterday.

I'm tired of all the sickness in the house and have been lucky I haven't gotten anything yet. It started in December with DH, then Zach who is still not 100%(and has lost 8lbs). Now Cody and Amanda are both sick and the girls seem to be coughing, sneezing, and are plugged up too.

Cathy-I do like pilates, the reformer is my favorite. There is a nearby pilates center but the classes are really expensive. If I had to choose, I would choose cardio first, then weights, then pilates. I'm glad you are able to get a lot of your required work done this week. Jerod says thanks for the Birthday wish!

Wendy-Has there been any mention of a 2008 RT. I didn't see anything on the site but then again I didn't look too hard either. I would love to go though. Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Good Morning to Angie and Laura :p

Diana

RE: CABs & Abs....Thurs. (thirstin' for the weekend!) :...

Morning ladies!

Girls night was wonderful ... did stray from the diet .. ate some appetizers .. a few fried dill pickles .. MM MM MMMM .. but stuck to a salad for supper .. BUT had more than a few CABS .. LOL! It was a nice gathering!! and I feel rejuvenated today!!

I bet everyone yesterday that PIA would call in sick today and/or tommorrow .. walked in .. SURE ENOUGH .. PIA called in sick .. get this .. ONCE AGAIN . . BECASE SHE STARTED HER PERIOD!!!!:eek: x( x( x( WTF???? UNBELIEVABLE!!! I don't see how she can get away w/it!!x(

LOL .. she will miss our safety lunch though .. boss is cooking .. and serving us ... fresh salad - twice baked potatoes - and a rib eye steak!:9 :9 :9 :D I will enjoy it even more w/o her face there!! LOL}( I know that was mean .. oh well!!

So obviously no workout at lunch only LOTS of calories!! BUT tonight .. going to be another scrambled bootcamp style class - plyos - core - upper and lower shaping and ending w/30 minutes of power yoga!}( }( Major calorie burn .. major muscle burn!!}( :D

Cathy - sounds like your rest week is gonna be a busy stressfull one .. maybe this weekend you can take in some "you" time!!:D

Wendy - dang that crud!!x( it won't leave you alone huh??? I hope the airborne kicks it in the arse!! yeah .. sounds like you need to take the airborne every day or every other day for a while .. just to get rid of those pesky crud germs! ... hey on the RT idea .. I go to fitness weekends .. weekends where national instructors come to instruct you ... you pick and choose which classes you attend ... it would be nice if Cathe would do something like that .. me and VBF go .. and yes .. we sneak away and manage to find some mischief and CABS at night .. LOL!

Di .. I hate Amanda and Cody have the crud .. and now maybe the girls!!;( OMG that is miserable .. hope everyone takes a turn for the better .. might be a good idea for you to start some airborne ... although if the son has lost 8 pounds .. YOWZA .. be a painful weight loss method .. LOL .. nnnnaaaaahhhhh .. no fun loosing weight that way!!

Angie - my friend w/cancer ..she was hoping this is the last major round of chemo .. then she would go for evaluation and she was hoping to be able to come home and take chemo orally ... this round is stronger than any of the other she has taken .. I am just worried b/c she is SO sick ..and SO weak!! that is not good! Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

OK .. gotta run .. will BBL to check in w/everyone!! have a great day!!:7

Morning girls

I got up this morning and decided to stay home and do some cleanmax, which is much needed. I have most of my to-do list already done, but there is lots more to add to the list when I get the MUST have stuff done. BIL is staying over a night this weekend and then he and DH will leave first thing Saturday morning for a snowmobile trip. So, I'm hoping to get most of cleanmax done before they leave so I can have some "me" time this weekend and maybe get some reading in while I watch the race and maybe have some CABs with BF.;-)

Cathy - Are the message boards up and running yet? If so, how's that going?
Boy, it really sounds like you are going thru a major stressfest right now. I wish I could do something to help you out. I hate that feeling of having the weight of the world on your shoulders. All I can say is take some deep breaths and trust yourself. Heck, you know what your doing and I KNOW you'll do great. Hang in there!!

Wendy - The RT sounds so fun but I'm afraid Cathe would probably leave me in her dust. I'm only used to working out an hour per day.:7 When they announce something though I'm quite sure that I'm going to do what I can to get a spot.
Sorry about the yucks. :-( Just a thought.....lots of times when we used to see people in the office who seemed to get a "cold" a lot, we would refer them to an allergist and more times than not, they found that they had allergies and that was what was causing their problems. Have you ever had an allergy test? It might be worth a shot.
Sounds like you have a full workout on tap. Have fun with that.

Laura - PIA sounds like a real wuss! I like how you can see the bright side of things though in not having to put up with her during your lunch today. :) Have a great lunch and a great workout tonight.
Your friend with cancer sounds like a fighter. Sending well wishes her way.

On the same note of cancer......At Christmas time I saw this girl at the bowling alley. I don't know her well, but I went to a printing store she worked at and just talked to her casually. Well, we got to talking and found out that she lost her job and her husband had a bad bout of cancer and they had to remove his tongue and at that time he was going back to the treatment center to make sure they got it all. Well, I just found out yesterday that he apparently passed away recently. He was only in his 30's. Cameron told me about it because he is in the same class as her son. Then he goes on to tell me that her son is in the hospital with cancer now. The class was making get well cards for him. I just can't believe how awful that is! I feel so horrible for her and her family. I gave her a Christmas card with some money in it over Christmas because I felt so bad then, but now...... I just could NOT imagine what she must be going thru. I hope I didn't just bum you all out by sharing that story, but I have been thinking about this family and it has made me sad, but at the same time very grateful for my family and their health. Hug your family members the next time you get a chance and let them know how much you love them. ;)

Now, to go show my family I love them.....they have skivvies that need washed.:7

Angie

I have to finish my work out now but I just wanted y'all to know this...

MY BACKSIDE HURTS SOOOOO BAD I'D LIKE TO DIE EVERY TIME I TRY TO SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: }( :eek: }( :eek: }(

I have a new respect for Legs and Back!!!!!!;)

Now that I've brightened your day with that tid bit of info, you may go back to your regularly scheduled activities. :p

I'm baaaack...and my tush is still ON FIRE!!!}( Though not QUITE as bad since I got some yoga in this afternoon. :)

I opted only for 30 minutes of Yoga X at nap time. I was just too darned tired after my run to do Abs/Core + so I will do it tmrw AFTER Upper +. ;)

Diana: So how was your melt down class? Inquiring minds want to know!}( And your weigh-in? Was it as bad as you thought? Probably not!:)

Laura: Glad your evening with the ladies was a success. Hope you managed to cheer up VBF of your friend with cancer. Since becoming certified with the AFPA I get brochures about weekends they are hosting where you can take various classes (both physical and lecture) having to do with all aspects of fitness and nutrition. Some classes are for certs while others are informational/learning purposes and perhaps even CEC's though I'm not sure about that. I've never been but am considering asking my SIL who is cert'd by same org to go with me one time. They offer a bootcamp class I am interested in taking as I would love to run one myself one day.:)

Ang: YAY for a no DH w/e with your BF and the CABS! Sounds like fun! Can I come over? ;) You and I must have been on the same wave length today as I was doing clean-max myself. I also have a mountain of laundry to fold and put away. I hate that task!x( I remember you telling us about the man with tongue cancer. That was bad enough but now to hear that his son is in the hospital with cancer is unimaginable!!! What that poor mother must be going through. OMG, if she loses that boy what will happen to her!? I would worry that she might very well try to take her own life! I can't even phathom being in that situation. You have to wonder why God lets these things happen!x(

Cathy: Busy girl! Hope you had a good day despite the madness that may have ensued. :)

Alrighty ladies, time to get the munchkin ready for dream-land!

BBL or in the morning!:+

Hey there Wendy - Glad the Yoga helped the tush.}( It's been a while since I've done L&B. It's a goodie for sure.
Yes....come on over! I'm sure the CABs will be a flowin'.;)
You know, BF and I were talking about how devistating that whole situation is and what we would do in that position. This girl also has a daughter who's about 13 and her son is 10. The same ages as my boys. I would be worried about the suicide thing as well, but I think her daughter will be enough reason for her not to take that route. Although, I can't say for sure since I really don't know her that well. I know the thought would echo thru my brain if something like that happened to me. It would just strip life of any joy.:( Yes, IA life can be so cruel sometimes.

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. Have sweet dreams girls.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.