Cabs and Abs Superbly Silly Sunday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Mornging Girls. :)

I got up just before 7am to make coffee. Gotta gulp down that energy before heading out for my run today!}( 6.5 miles...Oh Lord, what have I gotten myself into!?!? I just hope it doesn't get deadly hot/humid out there before I finish. I am going to the park which opens at 8am or else I would be out there already to help ensure I beat the heat.

Cathy: Well regardless, be proud. You took the initiative to get an idea rollin'. I hope it works out for you. You are right about texting. Misunderstanding are quite easy to come-by. The space you have to express yourself is so limited with a text.

Well, I better get movin' so I can get there!

I'll be back when it's over...wish me luck!:p

Hi Wendy & everyone! :)

I am heading out for a run now and hope to beat the heat, too. Think I will save PUB for the afternoon.

Wendy :: thanks for the kind words. 'Preciate it. :) Have a GREAT run!!

BBL...
[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

I'm back and I survived it!}(

6.5 miles-DONE!!!:7

It was easier then I thought it would be but still a good challenge for me. I even finished about 5 mins faster then I thought I would so that made me happy. The weather was OKAY. Muggy but still on the cool side with no sun and a breeze was not unheard of. Definately could have been faaar worse. I lucked out for certain!;)

Cathy: How was your run? What do you have planned to do with the rest of your day?

DH is already up at his mom's this morning. He is finishing up the job that him and his dad started y'day. I will go up there this afternoon with dinner in tow!:9

Last night was okay. The 2 other people that were supposed to be bowling in this tourny with DH and my friend cancelled out and I always believe "the more the merrier" so it was a little lame. Oh well. LOL We had a few drinks and then went to pizza hut for a late dinner. I felt SUPER GUILTY over that meal but after this morning's run I am feeling better about it. :p

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far!
BBL!

Good morning CABbers

Boy are you girls energetic this morning!:) I too need to do a w/o today but I have lots of chores to do before that is gonna happen. With Wendy's mention of BBC yesterday, I realized that it has been a while since I have done one of those so maybe today??

Wendy - *lol* about the arguement being your fault. Sometimes women are too sensitive which leads us to pick up things men can't....womens intuition. So, hey.....it's not all bad. Womens intuition has steered me in the right direction numberous times. So glad it is all chalked up as a mild tift and all is well.
Isn't it great when people ask for your kids? MIL does the same thing. Sometimes she fears that we will say no and so she just comes over in hopes that if she comes in person it will be more difficult for us to say no.x( Ummmmmm...we rarely say no. LOL
How'd dinner turn out yesterday?
Oh my, sounds like you have quite a w/o on tap for today. Good for you in getting it out of the way early.

Cathe - Yes it is nascar races. It's one of the things DH and I truly enjoy together - the boys too but at their age they could really take it or leave it.
The football game was great yesterday. We lost 6-0, but the other team was way bigger and our little guys fought very honorably. Cody didn't play much because he missed a couple of practices when he went to writing camp but it was a good game anyways.
Hope you got a better night's sleep last night. It messes everything up when your sleep patterns are messed up.
ACK - say no to barfing during a w/o...lol. I think it was a good idea to nix DM. When it's too hot, it's too hot! Just not a whole lot you can do about it. Hope it's cooler for you today.

Diana - So how was Jarods game?
I hear Bristol is a beautiful place and the track is always sold out and loud! Usually ther are lots of wrecks there which makes it a fan favorite and interesting to watch on TV. However, they re-paved the track and last nights race was a bit dull....which really sucks. I hope they haven't ruined this track! We are planning to go in the spring of next year.

OK girls - who has BFFM? I'm thinking I need to get this e-book. I so wish it was just a regular book but I have been reading so much good stuff about this thing that I think it's time to take the plunge. For those of you who have it, what do you think the good points and the bad points are?

Gotta go get more coffee but I'll be back

Angie

Hey girls! :)

Saw an early matinee of The Nanny Diaries. Cute film.

Wendy :: Great job with your run. I know you weren't too crazy about running it solo, but that might have contributed to running it a little faster. If you're like me, you tend to talk if you run with a buddy...Mine was good - 4 miles - and I agree, the humidity wasn't too bad. It definitely helps that the sky is overcast. When I went, it was only in the mid-70s as opposed to upper 80s like last night! Today I plan to do some reading (Chi Running) and schoolwork.

Angie:: oh no, not DM...I was supposed to do the drills from KM but I bagged 'em. I do have BFFM, and I think it is a worthwhile investment. Sensible advice. ETA: the one bad point, IMO, is that it's an ebook, and I don't like reading lengthy documents on the computer screen. So, I took mine to Kinko's and had it printed. It ran me something like $20 or $30 and then I put it into a binder. As far as the content itself, there is nothing in it that I find outlandish.

After this morning's run, I did SM#3 for the first time. It's not my favorite of the three, but a good, long stretch hit the spot.

Hi Laura, Diana, and Nancy! Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday.

Hi Ladies,

Oh my, the time is flying by this morning. I'm a little jealous that Cathy and Wendy already have their workouts done for today. Does it count that I've done 2 loads of laundry and made my food for the work week? I still have cleanmax to do but will get Jerod to help out as best as he can:)

Jerod's team won yesterday 29-6, that was the score in the first quarter! He played almost the entire game, all but 3 plays in the 4th quarter. He was really happy about that.

After the game I took DS girlfriend and her mom (who is visiting from Oregon) shopping. We were shopping way too long for my liking, 5 hours. Her mom bought them a rocker recliner with footstool. They are also looking at cribs and car seats. Of course we are at Baby'sRUs, the most expensive baby store around.

Tonight we are having them all over for dinner including MIL. That's why I'm busy cleaning. I also need to go grocery shopping and make a dessert. DH is cooking steaks on the grill so I need to get everything else ready.

Wendy-Great job your run in early this morning. When I was able to run everyday, I really enjoyed the early morning runs in the cooler weather. It also didn't take too much time away from the family. I totally agree with you that is so good for children to be able to be away from Mom & Dad for a few hours. It will be so much easier when they go off to school and they are better adjusted.

Cathy-Hats off to you too for getting that early morning run out of the way already!

Angie-I'm sending you an email. BFFM talks about positive self talk which is very important. I struggle with this sometimes mostly because I'm tired of being overweight. I do eat right and I do exercise probably more than many do and I'm still overweight. I'm also strong and healthy. BFFM also talks about the importance of goal setting. It has tons of nutrition and exercise information. In General, it is a wealth of information.

Laura-How was the party?

I gotta get going on cleanmax. I doubt I will be working today but If I can get everything by 2 then I will have time to workout.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Diana

Hey again girls

Wendy - Pizza is a necessary evil in my life!:9 I usually have it once every week or so. I have switched to ordering it with ham, mushroom and pineapple instead of pepperoni. I usually eat 3 pieces too....sometimes 4.:eek: I just can't give up my pizza!!
Woooohooo on your shorter run time! Way to go:)

Cathy - Sounds like you are enjoying your Sunday.:)
Oh, what a good idea to take it somewhere to have them print it. I'm gonna have to check with the local print shop to see how much that will be. We don't have a kinkos.:-( I don't like staring at a computer screen that long either. When you say outlandish, do you mean that it is pretty basic and probably stuff that we already know? Do you refer to it very often?

Well girls I still haven't left the couch, except of coarse, to get more coffee. I am sitting in the middle of a mess!}( I just have not had the down time that I am used to and it's making me rebel against the mess. LOL I also just remembered that I have an all day meeting tomorrow so I won't be able to work, which means that I'll have to go to the office on Tuesday and Wednesday and then leave for camping early on Thursday morning. Geez - I haven't even gone thru the kid's rooms to see what they might need for school. Doesn't look like that's gonna get done anytime soon. x( :7

OK - I have just shamed myself........ducking away with head held low and starting to clean the kitchen and living room. But, don't know how long this will last since I don't feel like cleaning.:p Waiting for DH to get home before I tackle the 5th wheel....it goes so much quicker when he helps out.

Hi to Diana, Nancy & Laura

Angie

Hey ladies! :)

Gotta report my PM workout: did PUB (abs first this time) + a short & sweet Squeeze leg mish-mosh. Feelin’ good. :)

Diana :: woo-hoo on Jerod’s team winning! Great way to start the season…I can imagine what a small fortune has to be spent since they are having twins! It’s good both families can help out…CleanMax and housework can be hard work…definitely a calorie burn, too…it counts, in my book!...enjoy the company tonight.

Angie :: I love pizza, too…and am the same, usually eating it once a week…sometimes more!…It’s one food I don’t get sick of easily…By the outlandish comment, I meant that if you go to Venuto’s site, it looks kind of gimmick-y, IMO, but the info in the book is solid. Some of it was new to me; some of it was not. I have not read it cover to cover, but instead use it as a reference manual. It is absolutely one of the first sources I go to when I have a question about training or nutrition…Some days it is harder to get moving than others…sounds like a busy few days in store, so I don’t blame you for wanting to lounge a bit!

Have a good night & talk to ya in the AM!
[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Hi again girls

I almost bagged exercise today. Was just getting ready to settle into the couch and peck away at the keyboard when I logged onto the fairground website where we are going camping this weekend and found out that we can take our beagle with us. We thought we were going to have to leave her home again. Anyways....it put wind in our sails and the dog started getting hyper too so we decided to hit the trail and go for a walk. We loaded up the bikes in the truck and drove a mile down the road to the trail. The road is too busy so I don't like the kids on that road, but the trail is nice and quiet. I ran for 30 minutes and then walked back the rest of the way with DH and Kirby. Needless to say the dog is beat!:) It's been a while since she's gone for a walk like that. It was a pretty easy w/o for me, but it sure beat nothin'!

This day did fly by didn't it? I finally got a lot of cleaning done and the 5th wheel ready. There's still lots to be done but it will have to wait another day.

Diana - 5 hours of shopping?? Ick! Shopping is NOT my cup of tea.
Hope dinner was delicious.:9 A good steak on the grill is hard to beat for sure. I made spicy chicken tonight with noodles, breadstix, green beans, and corn on the cob. Going for a run right after that was probably not a good idea, but everything seemed to settle just fine.
Thanks for the BFFM tips. Do you refer to this very often or just browse thru it when you have time? I'm thinking of maybe getting the clean eating book too. I think it is the same author but I'm not sure.

Have a great night all - check back tomorrow.:)

Angie

Hey girls.

VERY late post for me! Angie, you weren't the last one to post for the evening this time!:p :7 I had a strange dream that freaked me out a bit and couldn't fall back to sleep afterwards so here I am. Only for a little while though. Then I'll go back to bed and read until I am ready to fall back to sleep.

Anywhooo...I signed up for 2 5K races tonight for this coming weekend! One on Saturday and one on Monday! This is unusual for me but I figured what they hey...gotta get my runs in anyway!}( The one on saturday is the one I was supposed to do last year (it would have been my first race EVER!) but I bagged it due to bad weather. The second one my running buddy did last year and wants to do again so I told her I'd join her!:)

So I am in the market for another pair or 2 of Lucky Brand Jeans. I have a pair I bought at the outlets for half price and I love them so! I went on to Ebay as I've heard many folks getting good deals there. Well ladies, I scored myself TWO PAIRS for less then $50.00 TOTAL and that INCLUDES shipping!!! I am tickled pink! I can't wait to get them! I just hope they fit!:eek: They should be fine though. They are the same size as the ones I have. I also have another pair I got at TJ Maxx a while back for cheap. They are too big on me now. I think I'm going to have them taken in one of these days. :)

Okay, I'm outta here until morning...hope everyone is having sweet dreams!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.