CABs & Abs...Sunday...good to the last drop

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning (barely), girls! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_computer2.gif

You won’t believe what happened yesterday. Or maybe you will. I went out for lunch and shopping with BF. Since I didn’t get a good night’s sleep the night before, I felt the crash by the afternoon and figured I’d go for a good hour’s nap. Well, I fell asleep around 4ish and could NOT wake up. I tried but fell right back asleep again. Several times. ACK! So I accomplished NOTHING yesterday but R&R. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/sleep/th_sleepyhead.gif And ya know what? It was sweeeeeeeeeeet! :7 :7 :7 I realize this whole stress/anxiety thing is played out for me for me at this point. I would find it absolutely cathartic to throw my entire NB materials in the dumpster and be done with it. *lol* (Don’t worry, I’m not going to do that.)

Ange :: Yeah, I owedja. It was my turn. :) So, whatdja think of THAT (^^^) mental break? :7 Never wound up going to the movies. Was going to see either 27 Dresses or the Ryan Reynolds flick but opted for the popcorn from Target instead. I washed my hair yesterday morning and it felt loaded down to me. http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/hairpulling.gif BF recommended this Neutrogena Anti-Residue stuff, so I’m going to try that today. I’d intended to return the “cleansing cream” to the salon, but I didn’t want to deal. My stylist actually called yesterday morning and left a message, inviting me to come in for a complimentary blowout. That says something, I think, but I still don’t know what I want to do yet. Believe it or not, it wasn’t a matter of keeping my cool while I was sitting in her chair. As the whole conversation took place, I would say the best word to describe my reaction and thoughts would be “stunned.” What she was saying didn’t make sense to me, but she was so insistent upon it, that I accepted it, felt kinda embarrassed, and didn’t get angry until later…We should plan a Cabber ski trip for next season. Seriously. So are you fired up for the Nascar shindig?

Wendy :: I would have to agree—bathroom is the worst. How was the shooting range yesterday? All geared up for the mountain today??? I’ll be looking forward to hearing your report!
http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/ski.gif

Well, today I need to plow through a good chunk of work. But I do have to fit in some kind of marathon workout to compensate for y'day's slothdom.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_10_8_12.gif

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cabbers!

Well, it almost came crashing down last night but we ARE going skiing today! WOOH! They give lessons at the place we are going to starting at 10am, every 2 hours so we need to be there by 11 to grab the noon lesson so we have to leave here by 9 as it's going to be about a 2 hour ride. It almost got cancelled at 9pm last night cause we saw rain in the forecast for today but when I checked out accuweather for the town we are going to, it's not expected until the evening so we SHOULD be cool. YAY!:) I'm so excited I can barely stand it but also nervous. I don't want to get frustrated and quit before I know if I'll like it or not and I don't want to get hurt. I'm guessing that unless ya do something REALLY dumb that ya can't get too hurt in the learning stages cause you aren't moving any faster then a turtle, LOL, but I still worry about those things.:p

Needless to say, there will be no work out for me today!;)

Cathy: I am not surprised about the 4pm nap thing. You haven't given yourself much of a break lately at all. Your body and brain finally fought back! Good for them! LOL The cabber ski trip idea sounds like fun wether I manage to learn how to ski or not!;) }( :7

Ang: Your nascar party sounds like fun even though I'm not a racing fan...I'd just hang out close to the CABS! LOL Did I ever tell you what I bought DH for Christmas?? He's getting a 3 lap ride and then a 20 mile drive in a stock car at Pocono Raceway! We are going in October I think. He's very excited. :) So do you think you'd be able to swing a skiing GTG next season like Cathy suggested? }(

Well, I gotta run girls. I'll be back later!:7

Wendy,

Definitely bring your patience with you today! You're right, your lessons will start out slow as you get the feel for moving around on skis. The fact that you are ultra fit will certainly work in your favor, but I just want to forewarn you: learning as an adult (for most people) does come with some frustration. The thing is, even on my first day of skiing, as hard as it was to me (and I was way out of shape then!), it was still FUN! Unless you absolutely HATE it, I think you'll get the sense that even if you are moving like a turtle at first, you can see the *potential* for it being lots of fun. Oh, and the apres-ski scene is a big part of that, too.

Morning girls

Ahhhhhh rest day. I have a sore muscle in the neck/shoulder area that's driving me nuts. I pulled it during my w/o yesterday and it will take a couple of days to work itself out but this morning I really felt it. I guess I'll have to drink some CABs this afternoon to help loosen up.:7

Cathy - I'll bet you feel fresh and ready to tackle the world. IA with Wendy - you NEEDED that!;-)
BF wanted to go see 27 dresses with her DD but it wasn't showing when they went and they ended up watching a show with a long name that had dogs in it I think. She said it was the lamest show she had ever seen.
The stylist must've had a PMS day and got the guilties. I think she realized she shouldn't have treated you that way. I use the Infusium 23 leave in conditioner. I put it in a spritzer bottle and spray it on my wet hair after my showers. It makes it so much easier to brush my hair after a shower and cuts down on split ends. That might be worth a shot for you if the stuff your BF recommended doesn't work.
A cabber ski trip sounds great! I'm a bit intimidated traveling alone however. I think that's what kept me from trying to do the RT last year. I know DH would not go since he is NOT a skiier. He tried a couple of time but just couldn't get the hang of it and injured himself both times.:-( Nothing major, but enough to keep him OFF skiis.
A good w/o will serve as a nice break for you today while tackling NB stuff. I'll bet you get lots done today.;-)

Wendy - WhooooooHoooooo! I'm so happy for you that you get to go on your ski trip. IA with Cathy, you will do so much better being fit and flexible as you are. I was surprised at how sore and full of DOMS my legs and back were the next day after skiing. You are really working a lot on muscles but are having sooooo much fun that you don't even realize it until the next day.
I'm stoked about the party today. It's only DH and a couple of the guys that go to the August race with us. However, I'm looking forward to being able to eat and drink whatever I want and doing absolutely NOTHING without being accountable today.;-)
Your DH will love driving that car. I gave my DH a 30 lap drive at MIS a couple of years back. He LOVED it! It was a surprise B-day present. I did the ride along and it was sooooo much fun. I highly suggest you do the same if you have the opportunity. It cost $100 for a couple of laps, but it was sooooo much fun going 160 MPH in a nascar around the track. It's such a rush!! Did you book it thru Petty Driving School?
As for the ski trip - we'll have to see. I don't have any of my own equipment since I don't go very often and I would also have to get a new ski wardrobe as well, but it's certainly not out of the question.

Hi Diana - I'm missin' you girl. Where are ya?

Later girls

Angie

Back to report my workout: 4DS B&B, pullups/chinups, Stott Pilates Intense Sculpt (which was 25 min. of anything BUT intense), and 30 min. on the EXT. I ran some errands this morning (incl. returning the cleansing shampoo) and now have to shower up and hunker down with NB stuff.

Seems like a quiet day here.

Wonder where Di is, too.

Angie :: thanks for the tip on the Infusium. If I don't like the Neutrogena, I may give it a shot...So, would you go back and give your stylist another chance, if you were me?...Initially, I thought I would but I'm still leaning toward no at this point...Oh, we should seriously consider a Cabber GTG. I've traveled alone often since I was a teen, and it's really not bad. I even went to Amsterdam alone and spent a good chunk of my time on the Disney cruise flying solo. I actually enjoy being on my own as much as I enjoy traveling with others. It'd only be a matter of getting to our destinations. After that, we'd be together, and I'm SURE we would have a BLAST!

OK, gettin' the chills...gotta jet here. BBL!

Hi Girls.

I've been home for hours now but have been out of it all night. I'm soooooo tired, I can't even tell you! My HM didn't take this much outta me! Jeesh! LOL

We got to the mountain around 10:15 or so and the lesson did not start until 12. I'm glad we got there earlier then planned cause we actually had very little time to waste in the end before the lesson started. It lasted an hour and then we were on our own for an hour before we headed out. We could have stayed longer but I was hot(we definately wore too many clothes for the weather!!!), exhausted and more importantly, my shins were ON FIRE!!! I had to get out of those ski boots PRONTO.

Anway, I did better then I expected to do. I only fell once and that was actually on purpose cause it was either that or chance crashing into people. :p So now I know how to make myself fall with out getting hurt!:7 I stayed on the slope where the lesson was with the ground lift thingy the whole time. DH tried to convince me to take the REAL lift up another notch just before we left but I chickened out. Now I'm kinda kickin' myself for it but I didn't want to go after doing so well and have something happen that would totally freak me out. I wish my shins hadn't been hurting so bad cause perhaps if I had just a little more time where I was, I would have agreed to the next "level". Whats stinks is now that I've done it, I wanna go back this year but it probably won't happen. x(

Anyway, just wanted to give y'all the brief run-down. I'm beat and need to get some sleep. I'm surprised I'm still awake as it is. DH and I rented the PPV movie we were gonna watch the other night otherwise I'd probably be long passed out by now!

Off to bed with me.
See you girls in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.