Cabs & Abs...Savoring Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls~

Ahh, Saturday! What a relief.

The 1/2 dose of Simply Sleep on Wednesday didn't work at all, so Thursday was once again a struggle to get through the day. That night, though, I took the regular dose and slept like a lamb--10 hours. Thanks again, Laur! I didn't manage to work out either day, so it's turned into more or less a rest week. A little cranky about that, but so be it. The compound effect of too little sleep really made feel like the walking dead.

I did sign up for a local outdoor boot camp class (starts today and runs for four weeks), so I'm looking forward to someone else kickin' my butt. It's odd--I made it through the holidays this year without gaining really any weight--it's AFTER the holidays I messed up. I think I picked up 10, but I'm afraid to get on the scale. Eating is still off, and I'm not pleased with what the mirror's showing. Need to kick it in gear here.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] So who did you wind up rooming with for the RT?

Di [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] sorry to hear it’s a stressful weekend for you…moms never really catch a break, do they?...have fun with the new Blackberry. The full keypad is great.

Laura [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] quite the dilemma you’ve got there…it sounds like you may be trading one PIA for another (the rigid supervisor). What does DH advise?

Angie[font face="Symbol"]©[/font] how’d the ‘shroomin’ go?...The Fairfield and Residence Inn are right next door to each other, so you won’t be far from any of the RTers. And you’re just steps away from the Pizzeria Uno bar. :7 My Amazon order arrived and I thought I had *another* defective Mario Kart. But I did a search on it and found that some people had the same problem and solved it by UPDATING their Wii console (which I didn't know you could do.) I connected the Wii to the internet, updated the system, and now it works fine. What a fun game. I LMBO.

All right, girls. Off to get ready for boot camp. It starts at 7:30, but I need to get there early to pay and sign a waiver. BBL.

Have a great one!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning!

Cathy: Enjoy your class! I wonder if it will be as killer as Di's classes are!? }( I ended up snagging a roomie off the roommate thread. No one I am familiar with though. I don't think she posts often at all. Her name is Sharon and she is 40 years old or thereabouts. She seems like a very nice person. I'm sure we will get along fine. :)

Di: I'm sorry your weekend is sooo booked. I hate that. I get overwhelmed and VERY cranky when I feel like I don't have time for myself. I hope you find a moment to enjoy Mother's Day for yourself.

I have BBC Arms and Abs on tap and perhaps a short cardio if I have time. My legs are still on fire from Butt and Legs. Gotta love it!}(

Off to get more coffee!:9

Well BBC Arms and Abs is done but no time for cardio. I had to hit the foodstore for a few last minute items and will now start on cleaning. After the cleaning is done I need to hit Target to buy Joey his gift!:eek:

BBL maybe!:)

Wendy ~ OMG, this class was pure TORTURE!!!! }( :7 I am certain I'ma be hurtin' tomorrow! We started with a walk-on-your-own warmup around the track (several laps)...then we ran 3 laps...and moved into 3 rounds of agility drills (running around cones, stepping through hoops, etc.) After this, we did circuits with a partner -- using a kb, dumbbell, bands, med ball, etc. You did each exercise for a minute...Then it was back to the track for a lap of intervals...then another lap -- this time doing jumping jacks sideways around the track...then *another* lap doing those drills where you cross one foot in back of the other and twist your torso...after this, it was back to 1 round of the agility drills, and another time through the circuit. At this point, I was spent, but we went over to the cement bleachers and did leg work, pushups, and dips -- 3 sets. I could not complete every rep in ANY of the sets. My legs sometimes felt like they would give way. We ended with 2 ab exercises on the grass, and I *REALLY* bombed those...Whew! Tough stuff!!...I'm glad you were able to find a roomie. I'm with you--I don't like overbooked weekends, either. I think it's just 'cause the job (though I absolutely love it!) is constant busy-ness, and I need some downtime.

Helllooooo Cabbers

Fianlly, a couple of minutes to get to the computer. Whew! It's been a busy couple of days. When DH got home yesterday we had burgers and drinks and the whole night just slipped away. Nothin' beats the smell of a charcoal grill and hanging outside sipping drinks with friends who just stop in b/c they see us on the porch.;-) Ahhhhhh....summer's close!
DH pulled the 5th wheel home today so we can get it packed up and ready for camping!!;-) After I type this we are going out to open it up and make sure we didn't get any critters in there over the winter.
We went shrooming this morning and found a couple of pretty good patches. They are just sooooo good. We might go for a bit tomorrow, but I really wouldn't mind just staying home tomorrow to get the house organized. I have been neglecting house work a lot lately b/c we have been gone so much. Tonight the kids are at a B-day party so we are taking my mom out to dinner for mothers day. I did L&B and ARX yesterday and got Kenpo out of the way today so that tomorrow will be rest day. Ahhhhhhhh! When I weighed in yesterday, I was up 4#, but I'm not too upset about it, b/c I'm liking what I see in the mirror.

Diana - Boy, it sure sounds like your 4 day weekend is less than leisurely. I hope you get some well deserved down time. Hope the football game is a good one.
What type of schooling is Amanda interested in? Is she going to make this session after all?
Actually with my flight, I picked a different one coming in to PHL. I chose a flight with a bit longer of a layover. My first choice only had a 30 min. layover time and I thought I'd better not cut it that close, so now I won't get into PHL until 1:49. That's close to your in-time isn't it? I leave Sunday at 1:15, so I may be calling Rapid Rover to let them know to pick me up at the breakfast a bit early. What time do you leave?

Laura - I'll bet you'll have a decision by this weekend. You and DH may need a few CABs though to help ya thru the process.}( :7 How flattering for you though! I wonder what your boss thinks??

Wendy - So glad you'll be at the Fairfield! Yah!!
So did DH do the X last night?
Hope you have a great B-day party for the munchkin. What are you getting him for a gift? It seems my kids only want video games anymore.:-(

Cathy - Good to hear from you. Wow - your BC class sounds like a butt kicker! How often do you have this class? It sure is early. I would never sign up for a 7:30 class on a Saturday. Ugh! You early birds really DO get the worm!
So glad you found something to help with the sleep. Do you frequently struggle with insomnia?
I never knew about the Wii update. But, Cody plays it online, so he probably has already updated it. He took the controls with him to the B-day party so I can't even play it while they're gone. *lol* Which is actually OK, since I have lots of chores to do anyways.

OK....off to move the trailer. I love just sitting in there with the summer smells and drinking a CAB.:) Have a great Saturday girls!

Hey Ange ~ hope you didn't make any wildlife discoveries! Glad to hear you are getting good results from what you're doing. Trade ya mirrors??? *lol* :7 I just signed up for the class on Friday. It will be 75 minutes for four Saturdays in a row. IA--it is early, but I don't mind...I felt totally spent afterward, as if I'd run a race. Love that "good tired" feeling...I do have on & off bouts with the insomnia, but this was by the first the longest - and worst - spell I've had. Enjoy kickin' back tonight!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.